EVENT: Monster Siege!

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    before i even consider going to this event, or allowing my kids to, i have one important question for the GMS;

Will this event be supervised as to player levels present in each area?

because, unfortunately, i have seen frankieray in action in the past, 'supervising' the first of the oracle events out at Shattered Jade shore, and stood by calmly while mayhem ensued all around: KSing, griefing, boss pulling, the lot. and when i would ask...beg! for help to get it under control, i was told, " it is under control". that is why i have never gone to take part in any group event... there wasnt even a modicum of fair play in anything going on that day!

i hope to God that someone isnt just posting this to look pretty:
    "On Heaven's Tear:

Rally Point LOW: Players below level 50.

Rally Point MID: Players level 51-80.

Rally Point HIGH: Players above level 80."

because, unless there is going to be REAL GM presence AND enforcement of the rules, all the levels will be invaded by higher levels, and no one the the powerful will have their so called fun, by stealing from those unable to fight back.

This event will occur on Friday, February 26th at 11AM Pacific (2PM Eastern) on Raging Tide server, and at 3PM Pacific on Heaven's Tear server.

*Raging Tide and Heaven's Tear servers only!*

Monsters are assembling in three locations in the world, and our warriors must strike quickly before their forces become too powerful. The assembling monsters will be situated in different areas depending on their strength, and we will need corresponding-strength players to attack at these locations:

On Raging Tide:

Rally Point LOW: Players below level 40.

Rally Point MID: Players level 40-70.

Rally Point HIGH: Players above level 70.

On Heaven's Tear:

Rally Point LOW: Players below level 50.

Rally Point MID: Players level 51-80.

Rally Point HIGH: Players above level 80.

At the specified time of the event, there will be a GM World Broadcast stating the coordinates of each of these rally points.

Those who take part in the event should travel to the corresponding location for their level--failure to heed this warning will severely reduce your chances of either survival or of attaining good drops and EXP.

We wish you luck, and we hope to see you there!

Please note that a character's death will still incur the standard percentage loss of experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Unif - Heavens Tear
    Unif - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ummmm
    11am (12hr base) = 11:00 (24hr base)??
    and 11am pst = 7 pm gmt+1??

in other words 11am pst is 19:00 in the Netherlands?

11:00 am PST is 7:00 pm in GMT (0)

so that would make 20:00 GMT+1, I think.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think i can join these . . b:surrender
    and people should expect exp lost and not Q.Q about it . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do not make me puke. You are so slow more like bart simpson could do a better job than you. I have witnessed levels 70-90 go into the Gate and get dead and the clerics give me a break they cannot even keep a level 20 barb alive glad they are not real doctors. Clerics just keep applying everything to strenght and dex you will soon be out of a job and off the server and anyone who do use you just feel sorry for your lack of skill and as we say on lost easy kill. b:kiss

Um....lolwat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Remember if a higher (especially much higher) level player interferes the drops would be much less generous. This would help put-off the players from doing so but it is impossible to prevent it completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I Think the mods should delete all forums posts before the event. In preparation for all the " OMG Enrage < insert drama wether they did it or not > Did this " topics

Should be a fun event, looking forward to it b:victory
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    events can only be fun if people play fair, and since too many here are childish enough to butt into areas/event low enough to steal from, i see no point in going, unless this is going to be prevented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited February 2010
    events can only be fun if people play fair, and since too many here are childish enough to butt into areas/event low enough to steal from, i see no point in going, unless this is going to be prevented.

As you know MMORPG player communities are generally very childish, selfish and full of grievers and easily-angered people for various reasons (find me any reasonably populated public gaming community that is generally reasonable and I'll eat my monitor) so the GMs and moderators have a difficult task of keeping the forums and game relatively clean with so many competitive players and personalities of all sorts of shapes and sizes. As with any community both real life and online, it's impossible or at least very difficult to not let a bad egg slip or especially a good person to turn bad unpredictably....but that's besides the point.

So anyway, the only way to (help) prevent high levels who are obviously too high levelled for the event area who is 1-shotting all the mobs (I'm sure just spectating and buffing players would be fine) is banning them temporarily. But even just for a few minutes is too draconian. Giving lots of warnings of course is best, but still harsh punishments for a minor offence. It kinda cripples the freedom too which can upset a lot of players, unless they are deliberately and directly grieving other players.

Otherwise I'm sure the GMs would have come up with something by now. b:thanks

/endbabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • El_Tigre - Raging Tide
    El_Tigre - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    11:00 am PST is 7:00 pm in GMT (0)

so that would make 20:00 GMT+1, I think.

Thank you!
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    More like:

Rally Point LOW: Players 1-70.

Rally Point MID: Players level 70+.

Rally Point HIGH: Some players stupid enough to go, get 1 shotted, then complain afterwards.

Amirite? b:laugh
  • BLADE_COOL - Heavens Tear
    BLADE_COOL - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ive waited for this a long time...
    Im just staying cool.b:coolb:coolb:cool
    Main Char lvl 71 Barb (Axe__Man)
    Myself Blademaster lvl 63 (BLADE_COOL)
    Alt Archer lvl 30 (Archermanx)b:laugh
    all stay coolb:cool
    I HATE BEING KILLEDb:angry
  • Haley_Star - Heavens Tear
    Haley_Star - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmm mabye this event will be something to look forward too
  • Dr_goth - Raging Tide
    Dr_goth - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2pm = still in school.... b:cry maybe ill get a snow day tommoro
    WHY did i add Points to magic QQ b:infuriated
    I am i think the most fail pw player there ever was. i count 16+ different chars, most of them fails
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I want to participate too! b:cry
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • DaggerOni - Lost City
    DaggerOni - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is RT's first event.

1st. DW & LC
    2nd. HL & Sanc
    3rd. RT & HT

LC already done? when did that happun?

volst wrote: »
    More like:

Rally Point LOW: Players 1-70.

Rally Point MID: Players level 70+.

Rally Point HIGH: Some players stupid enough to go, get 1 shotted, then complain afterwards.

Amirite? b:laugh

your prolly right..b:cryb:cry

At the specified time of the event, there will be a GM World Broadcast stating the coordinates of each of these rally points.

Those who take part in the event should travel to the corresponding location for their level--failure to heed this warning will totally eliminate your chances of either survival or of attaining good drops and EXP.

fixed b:surrender
    might give lowbies more fighting chance..
    does "severely reduce" mean more than normal? like 75% reduction?
    edited February 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    I want to participate too! b:cry

You can just watch. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LC already done? when did that happun?

Lost City was first wave of events. It was a bit after the Dreamweaver event, but on the same day I believe. Ask Kami/Essence about their red hours during it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    aww im missing the event D: but then again, my being lvl 35, i probably wouldnt survive lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • katamae
    katamae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that was my first event of this size and i think i will never try again :

at level 49 i was supposed to be in MID but i was killed before i manage
    to get the foot on the ground so i came to LOW...
    we got the big boss... i think we were about 30 people on him
    so i got nothing (i am at a distance so before i got to some reward there was nothing left...).
    but the real pain is i lost about 30% of exp in about 10 minutes...

i know i am not a pro but well that only means i will never try again :/
  • katamae
    katamae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh... i forgot...
    i saw a GM dropping a few shards on the ground but i never tried to get one.
    that is not the way i think of rewards.

and before i get some rude answer i would like to add : i don't tell this event is bad...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We'll see about not using monsters that AoE-- that should help a lot. Also, the way the mobs are set up is the strongest ones are in the center, so you all may want to start on the outskirts of the area and work your way in.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle The event was so hilarious, I actually used my revive! b:laugh

Most I've ever used my revive ever I swear... Awesome event, made me happy I spent money to upgrade the skill... LOL plus I met up with a ton of friends! At least.. Until my computer crashed out on me twice rofl b:cute

I am so doing it again b:cool
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle The event was so hilarious, I actually used my revive! b:laugh

Most I've ever used my revive ever I swear... Awesome event, made me happy I spent money to upgrade the skill... LOL plus I met up with a ton of friends! At least.. Until my computer crashed out on me twice rofl b:cute

I am so doing it again b:cool

^ Enjoying an event; she's doin' it right.

ಢ_ಢೂ ...epic-sauce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • BabyNick - Heavens Tear
    BabyNick - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    waste of time lol
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What is going on here? The event is over and only one QQ post, which according to the author isn't a QQ over the event (even though it sounded like it). Does this mean PWI have executed a succesfull event?

And 30% exp at lvl 49 is like half a BH, so can't really complain about that. Besides, it's recomended to go in a squad for these type of events (it did not say so in the announcement on this one though, maybe they forgot), so if you do that next time it'll go better. A cleric to res you, and tank to protect you etc b:laugh

Edit: Someone ninjaed me, so two QQs then. Albeit none are really convincing^^
  • Teide - Heavens Tear
    Teide - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    but after dc'ing again and again (which never happens to me elsewise) i gave up..

PLZ PWI learn the lesson!

Too many players in 1 spot will make ppl dc and/or lag badly.

Luckily i i didnt have any exp at all when entering this, but next time you plan some event keep in mind... this way is only good for one thing, stress testing your server... oh and making ppl a bit annoyed too b:angry
  • bramante
    bramante Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Started off a little jumpy, as I expected and not too bad, still couldn't get a single drop, not enough damage done.

After five minutes...

The music stayed in time... I could hear BB and footsteps but otherwise... was like a screen-saver, lots of pretty colours and shapes which changed every minute or so and now the game completely shuts down.

I know my computer isn't fantastic but at the same time, it isn't terrible. How some people manage with this kind of event, I'll never know!

Nice idea, fun for a time but so damn hard to really make work well.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    That event was ridiculous - huge waste of time. Level 95+ squad - 100+ DDs w/ lunar/tt100 and we still don't get drops on half the bosses we took on (everyone and their mothers would KS after we've taken the bosses).

Novel idea - horrible execution. At least it was something new.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What is going on here? The event is over and only one QQ post, which according to the author isn't a QQ over the event (even though it sounded like it). Does this mean PWI have executed a succesfull event?

And 30% exp at lvl 49 is like half a BH, so can't really complain about that. Besides, it's recomended to go in a squad for these type of events (it did not say so in the announcement on this one though, maybe they forgot), so if you do that next time it'll go better. A cleric to res you, and tank to protect you etc b:laugh

Edit: Someone ninjaed me, so two QQs then. Albeit none are really convincing^^

The event just ended on HT.
  • MsShandril - Heavens Tear
    MsShandril - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I would like to say that was the worst event I have ever taken place in and hope they decide to never do it again like that!
    I attacked and attacked and got no drops. No matter how much damage I did only people in their 70's got the drops. So no matter what people in their 50's were screwed. Please make things fairr to all players next time. I could tolerate the lag but the "Unable to pick up" message even if I fought the monster from the beginning was pathetic.
    Please change to keep it fair to everyone not the " Everyone 50-80 fight here but only those close to the 80 with get any benefit from it" Unless things change I will not eant to take place you these worthless events.
    Have a nice day.