''Rush it'' or stay ''alone''

White_Veil - Heavens Tear
White_Veil - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
seriously whats going on with the new sentence in every time i teamed up with a squad for Twilight temple, as soon as we start, the barb shouts ''RUSH''

RUSH : means every one must run through the monsters and hopefully no one die, and hopefully too, no monster follow us where will be stop ''rushing''

i mean how many times this is actually works, and if its work, we will save 2 to 4 minutes killing 5 or 6 monsters which they can drop apo pages

but what if someone died, oppps, we must go back revive him, or oh wait we cant there is no portal we must teleport to town first, or oh i cant revive you there is 20 monster between us which we didn't kill earlier because we ''rush''b:surrender
Post edited by White_Veil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If the pt is not full of noobs who starts to hit mobs, or cleric who starts to heal theres no problem with it and u save many time...
  • vlsi
    vlsi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Plume shell on, Holy Path, follow the barb closely and nothing happens. And don't do TT with randoms.
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    vlsi wrote: »
    Plume shell on, Holy Path, follow the barb closely and nothing happens. And don't do TT with randoms.

b:bye This ^

Saves up to 4-10 min, since there r 2 strong mobs there.
    The first times i rushed it i have to admit, i didnt like, but once u get exactly what to and how to do it u wont think twice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hate rushing it, personally. The actually, initial rushing usually goes fine, with only the idiots dying (which I cheer at), but later, if we only had one cleric, and they die somehow...then they have to go through alone again, and I hate that. Unless the tank is kind and chooses to tele out to go with them, which, if they are dead, that doesn't happen much.

Now, I have seen a cleric get through on her own (we had been wiped, so she towned), but it took her three times to get the timing and right combination of skills, and I wasn't thrilled for her. So, I always protest when my group wants to rush certain rooms.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rushign is fine just stay close to the barb bur never infront of him/her. but as above said if only cler die it will suck to get back someone woudl have to go with him/her out again ^^;

Also when u rush what comes nxt is often a change of ground lvl (like when jumping down to drummer) the mobs won't follow u there
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wait till Till BH or TT 3-3 .. Rushing that is the norm and so much fun .... not b:shocked

Specially when ya Rushing through exploding hands aswell
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Saves time and effort, I always rush.

I just hate when we'll be rushing we get halfway through and I pause to use invoke and the cleric heals me, instantly drawing the aggro of EVERY mob following me, at which point I have to hope the cleric has plume shell up, run over, use alpha male, and then type out a way to call the cleric an idiot while running though all the mobs.

Joking about that last part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You shouldn't even need a barb to rush you if you're about same lvl as the instance requirement.

Cleric can easily solo rush entire 1-2 and 1-3 <.<

Just spam 2 heals, plume shield + holy path + holy path + maybe use an hp pot and there your go.

I solo rush a lvl 7X cleric in 2-3/2-2 a lot b:victory

If a random TT-party would start kill mobs instead of rushing omg i would probably tell them they suck and than leave squad <.< Such a waste of time killing mobs.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't get me started about rushing to multiple mobs at once. Sometimes it's necessary but most of the time, it's not.

I'd usually use my AOE heal once all the mobs have been aggroed so I don't get any heal aggro as that's annoying. b:surrender

If it gets worse, I'll use BB. But really, it's not MP efficient for us clerics when it comes to people rushing. I'd much rather take my time in an instance.

But really, what's the difference? 5-10 minutes? b:shocked

Not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But really, what's the difference? 5-10 minutes? b:shocked

Not worth it.

On one run, depending on party level, not really worth it. Especially if said party is 85+ in 1-X and 2-1/2-2 at most.

The amount of time adds up when you do multiple, quick farming runs. Now if you can save 20, 30 minutes total of fighting mobs... makes the run a bit shorter and everyone's happy.

The problem happens when the tank doesn't stay close to party with aggro - they tend to run to the squishies with no natural speed boosts (and I'm including wizzies in that). Nowadays I just stand near then and alpha male or take aggro if need be (especially in 2-X from ape to doggy).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you. So basically, it's just not worth the risks. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's almost no risk involved if you know what your doing.

Sadly not everyone knows what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    at lower levels and before genies come out I flat out refused to rush, invariably someone did something and i ended up dead, solo cleric and had to get the barb to rush me back through it. if genies had been out when i was lvl 7x-8x it might have been different but it just seemed like when we rushed I always died, when we didnt i never died.. lol

Now with genie holy path, my 79 skills and plume shell it doesn't concern me solo rushing in most instances IF i have to town port (like ant runs when my bf lagged herc died on boss and i took agro b:surrender )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rushing isn't my cup of tea, but I'm not necessarily opposed to it.

That being said, it IS a risky business in the fact that that f*BLEEEP* Murphy always shows up when you least expect it. Barb D/Cs (or just dies outright, which makes me laugh lots when they're the ones pushing to rush in the first place)...someone pulls aggro or lags or whatever and there are plenty of times that things do get screwed up.

But that can be fun too. Especially when I'm the last one standing and everyone's arguing about who needs to town so they can help me get back to the rest. Gets better when I tell them to sit tight and I'll get back to them ASAP.

And then proceed to bust out the pulling Genie, and sloooooooooooooooooooooowly make my way back to them one mob at a time. Making doubly sure to meditate after each kill, while reminding them that perhaps it wasn't the best idea to rush in the first place if they weren't 100% sure that we would all be safe. b:sin
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I love rushing, saves a good chunk of time and effort, hell I'm usually the one going in first xD

Stack 3 IH, Plume Shell, Holy Path, when Plume Shell wears out use Guardian Light, then run and use Plume Shell when the cooldown is over. I've never died doing it, pretty sure I never will so I intend to keep doing it.

It gives me that rush I need when I haven't had my coffee! b:dirty
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rule to rushing:

If you are going to do it, make sure you're 99% confident you won't wipe on any bosses afterwards.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's almost no risk involved if you know what your doing.
    Sadly not everyone knows what they're doing.

Exactly. Leroy Jenkins style becoming the norm... greed knows no boundaries... knowing what you're doing hey? Level 100+ dragging -70's in, Leroy style, expecting everyone to survive. Oh, with 2 clerics no problem as long as 1 stays alive, the other doesn't count... and we've not even reached the clones yet.

But hey, super venos know everything. Sorry, but they will end up having to roll themselves a cleric and take care of their own 'cause there's no cure for blind greed the kind that's actually prevailing in TT runs, including those with guildies, forcing many of us to simply resign.

Give me a break. Those stupid players will find themselves utterly helpless when we decide they are not worth one minute of our time.

Edit: forgot the suggestion: to all those who like to cowboy throughout TT runs, I suggest you roll a cleric and use this alt to save your **** and leave us, decent clerics, alone.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Calye - Heavens Tear
    Calye - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have to comment on this since ive been doing upwards of 4, 3-3 3-2 a day cause of the 2x drops. im sry but if You dont rush basicly the whole instance instead of it being maybe 1 1/2 or 2 hour run Your looking at a extra probably hour or more of just straight mob killing. Killing through most of it even in a 3-2 (where You need 42 or 43 mobs for no aoe) is a total waste of time and energy. Keep in mind this is coming from the one that does most of the dieing in tt as of late. i do know it can suck and since i cant jump in tt's sucks worse for me. theres alot of benifits that out way the tad bit of xp loss You might get. this does also hold true for 2-3 i rush most of that as well though in there i dont seem to die. >.> go figure b:sad

Oh no i didnt solo any TT's for those thinking "shes a veno of course" and yes the cleric that came to basicly every run lived more then i did LOL we kept him safe.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't see the point in rushing, I always tell them, if you want to rush then I'm out. Plain and simple. They went ahead and rushed I left squad and didn't worry about it. So what if it saves that extra 5 minutes. It's an instance, it's not supposed to be rushed and left to chance. Damn just take your time and do it. This game has really gone down hill and I'm just here for friends anymore I'm happy paying a fee for a game that I like with minimum stupidity
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I play PW to relax and have fun. To me, that's killing ****. I like making "fast" money as much as the next person, but find the whole robot routine to be boring. b:shocked
  • Saymor - Dreamweaver
    Saymor - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I see nothing wrong with Rushing. It saves time, money, and effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • youllnevergetme
    youllnevergetme Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    rushing is pro

some nubs think they can run ahead of the tank or remain behind checking out the window treatments while everyone rushes and that they'll be ok.

I love when a squishy holy paths ahead of the tank and right into another cluster of mobs to die and QQ how the tank sux and rushing failed b:dirty
    nerd.png
    Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
    Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall
    Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
  • Wolvenear - Sanctuary
    Wolvenear - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    one reason y i never TT, complete waist of time for me and i pay more for repair costs then i get. Plus 95% of ppl that play this game are filled with greed and materials are never distributed equaly and ppl never take in concideration about barbs rrepair cost. So i never TT solves the problem instanly.
    Vote for allowing wolves to turn into wolfs not tigers
    [SIGPIC]http://i46.tinypic.com/wlrtlk.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And there you have it, the pros for greed and the cons for fun.

I'm with the cons. Don't anyone ever squad me if they just want to rush any instance, it's utterly stupid IMO. This is a game, not a job.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But really, it's not MP efficient for us clerics when it comes to people rushing.

What in the world are you smoking. The only thing you need to do when rushing is press holy path and that doesn't cost you any MP.

I am quite surprised there more people against rushing than I thought. I have no clue why rushing is being associated with greed/suicide/no fun. I see it as being efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If everyone in squad understand what should they do in rush then it fun. b:thanks
    But when people not understand when to not rush, it different story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    u rush TT because - that's how TT shud be done lol

if u can rush whole 2-2, 2-3 safely with killing just 3-4 mobs, then why not to do it? o0

stop complaining and learn to rush b:surrender
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rush everytime, why waste time killing mobs when u could be killing the boss and getting on with the next run. Rush is easy, aslong as you are not incredibly slow to react.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Edit: forgot the suggestion: to all those who like to cowboy throughout TT runs, I suggest you roll a cleric and use this alt to save your **** and leave us, decent clerics, alone.[/COLOR]

you be b bad cleric ^_^

and multiple runs > rush no questions asked <.<its not hard to rush. barb asks ready to rush? cleric does a few heals everyone else say gogo
    kill 1 or 2 of the those hard hitting mag mobs if the tank is low lvl and without charm
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hate rushing.

It's taking risks with other people to benefit yourself.
    it's not a big timesaver, especially if you have to wait anyway for everyone to catch up.
    Mostly if they want to rush, the tank just doesn't want to tank!
    A rushing tank doesn't always manage aggro, it just depends on it's HP and buffers to keep them alive as they run for the hills. Whatever happens to anyone else that is left behind in their wake is their problem, which makes it the clerics problem to go and res them between all the mobs or townportal and run back through the mobs without having anything to distract the mobs. As a result you end up fighting the mobs anyway to clear the room and make it possible to res everyone.

It reduces damage for the barb not to tank mobs, and they want hercs to tank as much as possible at the bosses to reduce expenses. Eventhough the tank and cleric have costs, everyone in the squad has costs too. I've seen this all to much. It's understandable, but annoying to know that everyone is being put at risk because those who know they can reasonably survive this don't care for the rest of the squad and count on bullying the clerics into ressing them if they fail.
    In the end barbs get compensated for their costs, mostly because they get either first pick or get some extra compensation from the drops even when the herc is tanking most of the bosses and mobs. But unless a barb has a repair bill in one TT 2-2 of more then 300k I don't think they trump the clerics subbing. This is without the cleric dieing.

75 -100 MP pots 5000MP= 75k ( which is very cheap )
    10 concentrate orbs = herbs: 40 butterfly herb (60k) + 30 serpentine herb (36k)
    2 subs: 140 k
    This is already 311 k

When the cleric dies:
    add another 100 k for a GA and another 50 k for a res scroll to res on site if needed
    It adds about 50% to the cost of the run and costs time. Everytime the cleric dies you have to add these costs.
    If the cleric dies once you already get close to 450k with the cheap options. If the cleric dies more then once, forget about making money (you'll be lucky if you break even), you're not getting more or better mats even if you are the cleric and sub, but that's just me and my faction, everyone gets an equal share (money wise). you may get to choose the people in the squad and maybe get the mat you need if you sub it.

So in the end clerics opt for going to town and taking the experience hit.
    Now don't tell me to take a second cleric, because 1. the squad doesn't want that, they want DD to run faster or a veno to reduce cost 2. clerics coming in second have to take the same risks, but usually make the squad more vulnerable during running.

If you are on your own and want to rush it or are in a squad that is tough enough to take some hits, then it's up to you and the people you run with, full mutual agreement. As a cleric I usually try to anticipate for possible problems and certain situations that may become problematic in advance and have some contingency plan A or a plan B or even C if it fails. If someone tells you not to rush it, there is usually a reason why they say so (just ckecking the HP, the armor and levels of the people in your squad suffice in most cases to figure it out) and it is mostly smarter not to risk it just to save some coin.

You'll probably flame this, but it's just my 2 cents
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion