EVENT: Death From Above!

Options

Comments

• Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The top 2 factions in every server should go for it....others just watch....better than diening for nothing lol...no chance of getting drops if not in in the best squad.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Easily the worst event I've ever seen in 10 years of playing MMORPG's. Massive FAIL.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I just noticed the times for this event. Why would you make it a time where your target player base (North America) is either a work or school?

But then again, nothing surprises me anymore.
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Add a disclaimer next time please: "Ensure you have your gpu fan on max speed. You will experience 1fps for most of the event, your charm will be *****, your exp will be ***** and you will recieve **** all for your time and efforts, have a nice day"

Ty

hmm me has hamtastic computer which doesn't lag in west arch....
    hmm me don't use charms....
    and me drop dead alot anyway

sweet
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, Opinions are like buttholes so heres my opinion on the event:

for a small event it wasnt bad for "tag the gm"

If we could get more of a scattered event like 10+ spawn sites at once so everyone can have a chance to get at the bosses/event mobs it would've been a lot better.

Also, Centeralized events where they open instances that arent opened yet such as "_____ has fled into Forest Ruins!" or "_______ has fled into Lothranis, they're taking down the barriers so everyone can go!" Something to cut the lag out, so there's more promise of actually getting to fight back.

Something to allow everyone a chance to fight back and get their share of the event loot would be a bit nicer. Because I know everyone is probably complaining about that.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This event was a MASSIVE FAIL. Most people lost exp, ticked charms, and wasted time/pots to get absolutley no rewards. You HAD to be in PK mode to fight the GM at the end, and severeal lost items due to being PK'd.

My advice: go grind lvl 1 mobs, it will be more productive.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have been thinking about it and tbh...I can bet LC will be an INSANE PK fest and will ignore (for the most part) the event....however most of the higher levels will prob be in instances anyways b:surrenderb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Add a disclaimer next time please: "Ensure you have your gpu fan on max speed. You will experience 1fps for most of the event, your charm will be *****, your exp will be ***** and you will recieve **** all for your time and efforts, have a nice day"

Ty

^^ +1

Save yourself some grief and go grind lvl 1 mobs for the 1/2 hour the event takes.
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, i'll try not to troll around too much
    Good things about the event:
    -we had an event!

Bad things about the event
    -lag, LAG, LAG
    -only high dps got drops, therefore, only hi levels got benefit from it, and ranged classes had the upper hand since they had high dps and better chances of survival
    -we just flew from here to there without a specific purpouse, then just got mashed by an AOE where half the server died and the other half's clerics were really busy resurrecting people
    -this was a pain for the poor clerics, with more resurrections than they could handle
    -no reward except for the hi level dps classes

Overall, if i had known this event would be half as bad as it was, i would've rather stayed in my spawn and grind some, to run the game smoothly during the event one would need a computer with a terabyte of RAM and 10 core duo processing units working together, along with a 1 terabyte video card

People from other servers, do this event if you have a lvl 95+ squad with STRONG members, otherwise, you don't stand a chance to get anything but expenses and losses
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City's supposed to have it in a little less than 3 hours...you guys are scaring me b:sad

Well, if you don't have NASA's super computer and 100MBit broad band, don't go lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Zakarath_ - Dreamweaver
    _Zakarath_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, this event sucked so hard. Why would you make an event where you needed to be in PK mode at the end to fight the GM? All the high levels are gonna kill all the lower ones. Hell as soon as I turned PK mode to fight the GM I was killed within 1 second. And most of the people walk away with what? Less exp and lost gear. I think you should reconsider how to make events that aren't this fail.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You should have made a poll: "Yes" "No" "Wasn't there/not in my server yet".
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I got no crash, but i have a strong computer (3GB RAM and core duo processing unit) and a 2MB broadband connection (wired ofc, wireless sux), so it really helped, i died on the first "mass AOE" and stayed on the skies afterwards, good thing i did so, since half the server died from the second "mass AOE" and lost valuable experience for nothing
  • Aestra - Dreamweaver
    Aestra - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You could've made it so that 10 GM's randomly spread throught the world had attacked PW ( if Ironman was in the spotlight, following the trend, the others could've very well been Batman, Spiderman, Superman,...you name the rest xD),
    to considerably reduce the lagg. Also that everyone who contributed with damage to boss had gotten something in their inv. ( a gem, a random thing, just anything rly ) at the boss' death, depending either on their dmg or their lvl.

And you could've actualy gotten yourself a decent event with a lot less whinning and more happy ppl.
  • Zek - Dreamweaver
    Zek - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You should have made a poll: "Yes" "No" "Wasn't there/not in my server yet".

go on then make one
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You make a good point Aestra. In the interest of being constructive instead of just whinning, even a 7 day fashion item, or any small reward at all could have changed the views of many about this event. Granted you can never please all of the people. Would have been nice if at least a respectable fraction of those who participated got a reward they could laugh about.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I got lvl 17 evasion neck 3* and 1 stone of scarred!!! b:laugh

Yea this event sucked butt.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i bet LC would have fun tho...cuz it'd turn into some sort of mass PK fest. come to think of it, if this event was in a PK zone like in DT it might've been fun.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol wow, sounded like an epic fail.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You make a good point Aestra. In the interest of being constructive instead of just whinning, even a 7 day fashion item, or any small reward at all could have changed the views of many about this event. Granted you can never please all of the people. Would have been nice if at least a respectable fraction of those who participated got a reward they could laugh about.

100k EXP reward would have been nice. Also, some kind of item to everyone is nice thing, like a mold or something.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I tried to weigh up the good things and the bad things outside of a QQ thread. Hopefully so some actual feedback would get noticed.

It was shuffled into a QQ thread with a bunch of "it sucked" replies.

So, clearly since GMs do not read threads that provide actual feedback.

This event sucked royally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know I have an odd SATA related issue which makes my computer stall whilst accessing the hard drives a lot....aka some severe performance decrease playing PWI....but seriously the whole game froze so much for so long even with the best performance switched on that I had to terminate PWI via task manager.

By the time I closed it and reloaded and logged back in, I was so far behind it took me to the second round to get back. I barely managed to hit anything although I managed to get one drop. Ironically when I managed to fly away from the omega crowd and come back which greatly improved the performance (probably the sudden reload of so many characters overwhelmed the client-server connection that it 'gave-up' loading any other characters (and thus less to load from the HD as well as less for the grx card to render)) only moments later the event ended. b:surrender

Seriously, this sort of event should only be hosted on a relatively new server. Otherwise it should be spread over multiple locations with an even balance of players between them as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, sad to say that this event, was the worse I have ever seen as well. Guild Wars events are way better then this. Maybe all the pkers had fun pkin every one else. I did hear of something that did drop, ewww wow. From reading it about a day ago I would have figure we would get some sort of reward. Hell nah. Think of something else thats better next time.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    daikaz wrote: »
    -we just flew from here to there without a specific purpouse, then just got mashed by an AOE where half the server died and the other half's clerics were really busy resurrecting people

I request a SS for this. This would provide epic humor all weekend.
    I guess it was a good thing I couldn't participate.
  • Xalana - Lost City
    Xalana - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have been thinking about it and tbh...I can bet LC will be an INSANE PK fest and will ignore (for the most part) the event....however most of the higher levels will prob be in instances anyways b:surrenderb:chuckle
    +1 Rose, hell +100000000000000000000000000
    .... Oh hai Xtacy! b:chuckle oh yeah.. Shut up.. i forgot b:surrender
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    generally what happened was that gms spawned a lot of aoe bosses and made everyone dd them. when they died, the highest lvl squads picked up all the loot and started pking everyone else.
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Huge waste of 2 hours. First, the lag was colossal. Second, because of the lag, I couldn't see the spawns until they were almost dead or I was already dead. I attacked couple of bosses and got NOTHING for it. Not even a bit of exp. UNABLE TO PICKUP. UNABLE TO PICKUP. UNABLE TO PICKUP. Also, I got annoyingly bombarded with RES ME PLZ PMs and such. The funny thing is when I went to res people, the lag was so bad that I'm not sure if I even succeeded.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

We hear you, and we are definitely very interested in your feedback. Please feel free to post or PM me any thoughts you have on this and future events (but keep it civilized ;]). Keep in mind that we do plan to have more in-game events on a more frequent basis, and I believe that the process and execution will continue to improve over time.

I'd like to thank everyone for participating on Dreamweaver server, and I can't wait to see how the inhabitants of Lost City deal with this new and most dangerous threat...

Thanks ;)

FrankieRaye
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

We hear you, and we are definitely very interested in your feedback. Please feel free to post or PM me any thoughts you have on this and future events (but keep it civilized lol). Keep in mind that we do plan to have more in-game events on a more frequent basis, and I believe that the process and execution will continue to improve over time.

I'd like to thank everyone for participating on Dreamweaver server, and I can't wait to see how the inhabitants of Lost City deal with this new and most dangerous threat...

Thanks ;)

FrankieRaye

problem is, any event of this type has always failed

just look at the history of them, all the way back to the "Invasion of Archosaur" event

these events are heavily imbalanced towards highest DPS/ highest level

honestly, they should be instanced, with each instance having a level range... like 20-40, 40-60, etc

just my 2cents
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First off let me say this I was unable to go to this event, so all my opinion is going off of is what others have gave feedback on.

Judging from all the negative feedback on this event, I for one am sort of glad I didn't go, I died enough to magic users as is.

It has gotten extremely annoying playing a game, for hour on in, and barely have anything to show for it. It truly is overwhelming, so I can't blame people for saying/suggesting that there should have been more drops. (Even though I wasn't there, it still sounded like barely anyone ended up with anything, which is sad, and very annoying to those who didn't, so naturally they WILL complain, and if 'you' didn't make the 'drops' generous, then there will undoubtedly be a lot of complaints.

Also as for having to go pk mode to complete the last 'mode' of this event, I more then likely would have just left the event then and there. Not only do I hate pvping, I also don't like pking, and getting one-hit by someone else with tricked out gear. Even at my level I would undoubtedly get pwnt by some cash shoppers, and that is extremely frustrating. As someone else said this is a pve server, so it would have been nice if the whole event was treated as such, and not force us to go pk mode. I mean seriously there's hardly any point going pk mode if you are going to end up dead, and have a loss of items, sure there is items that prevent that, but still, to end up dead in one hit, it really turns me away from going into 'pk mode.'

Although I wasn't there, perhaps the event 'forced' us into pk mode long enough until the event was over, and then 'forced' us back out of it.

Just my two cents from what I have observed from the posts about this event.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)