edited February 2010
    Options
    That's 1:00 PM for me, I won't make it :'(
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I counter your guess with Arrowhead Manor.

There's a NPC in AM that can teleport you to the floating Rook's Valley. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElspethP - Dreamweaver
    ElspethP - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    12 hours-ish fromnow right?!
    Yey thats 7pm GMT, somthing i can actually attend, Im so excited! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    11 hours and 42 minutes remaining. I might attend it after all too. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The last time something similar happened it was, as many pointed out, a failure. It was a huge lag fest and basically was made up of 4 different kinds of players:

1) People who just wanted to come to ask the GM stupid questions like "I like sparkles. Do you like sparkles?" and "Whats your favorite kind of applesauce. Mine's Motts". There were a few good questions spattered in every now and again like "How do you intend to keep the high level players interested in the game and promote new players to join?" but the only responses we got were "I like Motts too" No serious questions answered and we got an answer, albeit a worthless one to a worthless question, every 2 minutes. Perhaps the GMs were lagged as well.

2) The kind that came to PK. This was great because it only added to the lag. It was awesome to see everyone with giant epeens running around PKing lower players and then rubbing in how they "one shot" so and so. Like any one cares that an 8x one shot a 4x. Awesome job. PK away by all means, but no one cares about your video game exploits.

3) Those who came to kill the mobs that were eventually spawned after a long wait. Now this worked out alright I'm sure for the highest level players. They actually got to attack and kill the mobs, but the lower level players at the time weren't so lucky. So since the higher level players did the killing they got all the drops. Did I mention there was lag.

4) Those who came to die when the GM spawned some serious boss mobs with no warning. AoE on the squishies and lost exp. You'd think the GMs would have had an AoE no exp lost type revive skill hidden up their sleeves but sadly no.

I say all this because this is how I recall the last event. A waste of time filled with lag, pk-ing (which I don't mind. I mean after all it is a PK server, but there was tons of QQ-ing for sure) and exp loss and I got zero drops for my time, but now know that the GM liked Motts applesauce as well. Thanks. Very helpful.

My hope is that the GMs will read this and also remember. I applaud them for attempting and will not condemn this event before it happens. I'm hoping that they learned, but am also glad they are doing things like this although given the time I can't attend, but I would have given it another shot to see.

So in summary, thank you GMs for trying. I will wait until after the event to pass judgment. I hope you learned from the prior one way back when and good luck. This is a tough crowd to please. There's already QQ-ing and it hasn't even taken place yet nor does anyone know what it is. You've got a tough job. b:chuckle
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The last time something similar happened it was, as many pointed out, a failure. It was a huge lag fest and basically was made up of 4 different kinds of players:

1) People who just wanted to come to ask the GM stupid questions like "I like sparkles. Do you like sparkles?" and "Whats your favorite kind of applesauce. Mine's Motts". There were a few good questions spattered in every now and again like "How do you intend to keep the high level players interested in the game and promote new players to join?" but the only responses we got were "I like Motts too" No serious questions answered and we got an answer, albeit a worthless one to a worthless question, every 2 minutes. Perhaps the GMs were lagged as well.

2) The kind that came to PK. This was great because it only added to the lag. It was awesome to see everyone with giant epeens running around PKing lower players and then rubbing in how they "one shot" so and so. Like any one cares that an 8x one shot a 4x. Awesome job. PK away by all means, but no one cares about your video game exploits.

3) Those who came to kill the mobs that were eventually spawned after a long wait. Now this worked out alright I'm sure for the highest level players. They actually got to attack and kill the mobs, but the lower level players at the time weren't so lucky. So since the higher level players did the killing they got all the drops. Did I mention there was lag.

4) Those who came to die when the GM spawned some serious boss mobs with no warning. AoE on the squishies and lost exp. You'd think the GMs would have had an AoE no exp lost type revive skill hidden up their sleeves but sadly no.

I say all this because this is how I recall the last event. A waste of time filled with lag, pk-ing (which I don't mind. I mean after all it is a PK server, but there was tons of QQ-ing for sure) and exp loss and I got zero drops for my time, but now know that the GM liked Motts applesauce as well. Thanks. Very helpful.

My hope is that the GMs will read this and also remember. I applaud them for attempting and will not condemn this event before it happens. I'm hoping that they learned, but am also glad they are doing things like this although given the time I can't attend, but I would have given it another shot to see.

So in summary, thank you GMs for trying. I will wait until after the event to pass judgment. I hope you learned from the prior one way back when and good luck. This is a tough crowd to please. There's already QQ-ing and it hasn't even taken place yet nor does anyone know what it is. You've got a tough job. b:chuckle

You got a problem with Motts applesauce? I like Motts applesauce. It tastes good.

And I will be looking forward for the event on Sanctuary.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If & when this comes to HT, it would probably be better if it got split up to different areas with diff gm's hosting... >.> everyone rushing to one spot would multiply the lag to the point of death b:cry
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Last words that I had seen at town of 1k - "Battle begins in 15 min".

Then small lag because of crowd of players around me and my event begins - I go to see TV.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There is a lot more lag then there should've been saber, cuz about 1000 ppl had out there all class pets.

Yeah, thx all u ppl that had out AC pets, im still floating there unable to move or talkb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If & when this comes to HT, it would probably be better if it got split up to different areas with diff gm's hosting... >.> everyone rushing to one spot would multiply the lag to the point of death b:cry

It's funny, because it's true. I was lagged to the point of a crash, my game and my computer.

Really, I was hoping it would be put in many areas with the option to choose where to go. It was a good attempt to put this kind of event in, but it's just not meant to be in one area.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, on the plus side, at least now I know why public quest isn't the way I thought it would be.

What a lot of people spamming a poor boss to death in microseconds.

You'd think harpy-wraith would go down every few minutes, with that amount of firepower.
  • Zek - Dreamweaver
    Zek - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The event on DW was a total Waste of time and effort. 200 people heading from Arc to 1k then to Avalanch Canyon was bad enough but then 200 people all trying to kill 1 BOSS that dropped 1 mold and NO prizes for guessing what ever Group got the highest DPS gets to collect it and then randomly going to 1 member of the squad.

So please rename this event to 1 happy guy and 199 Pissed off people.

Events that are Server wide rewarding who ever has the best DPS or Fastes Specced PC really does not tend to enhance PWI / Cusomer relations.

Sorry for all those who dies and lost XP.

Events Server wide team .... GROW A BRAIN EH.

Wise man once said the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

so GET A GRIP and do something to make PWI better not worse.
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    WEAKENED! Seriously. If your going to be broadcasting messages to everyone, at least try to make them grammatically correct. If your a GM please use a spell checker or something before you use the adminyell command. Seriously.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what was teh mold?
    b:puzzled

and aw...why couldn't they make the boss drop like treats
    lots and lots of treats
    O.o
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rehab... all this cuz a GM was on drugs. wasted my time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Fail event... I was expecting a battle in the sky... hence the name, "Death from Above" b:surrender
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    Webby - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This event sucked. massive people no surefire way to get a drop at all. Lots of lag.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wasnt a mold was a chrono page.
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Event sucked. So much lag, crashed three times- one where I had to restart the computer.
    No drops. Died. No exp. Not worth it.

Other servers, I advise that you don't go to this so called 'event'. It's just a waste of time and aerogear duration. b:surrender

They don't even get an A for effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes definitely a fail event. This accomplished nothing except proving that it takes an army to kill a GM(GM probably trying to show off). I urge the other servers to ignore this on their turn as it is a fail event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r64
    r64 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That was a horrible event. Not only did everyone die, but we had to go into PK mode to finish it. The drops were for whoever managed to kill the damn thing, so in the end only the people that pay **** loads of money got anything form this event and those that play for free get nothing but xp lose. This event should have been made more like the public quest system so xp or rewards could have been shared with those that play for free, so in my official opinion I don't think ill be attending any more events on Dreamweaver unless they are planned better.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wtvdie wrote: »
    wasnt a mold was a chrono page.

Lawl. Wow, what a waste of time. b:surrender And I thought pwi was going to start making decent events again. b:shutup
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Anamus - Dreamweaver
    Anamus - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can understand the attempt at making a event for everyone but seriousy, there were so many flaws in this event it's not even funny. Were the GM's testing our computer or something? Major lag, couldn't get anything from quest except a waste of time and pots. Next time pls make an event that is worth going to.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this event was a server stress test. they designed it to see how many people would crash so that they could attempt to fix west arch or something like that.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this was a horrible event way too many problems the gms tried but so many problems

1. if you died you lost exp
    2. too many people pking other players
    3. the drops went to the people dealing the most damage.
    4. Massive Charm ticks for nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wtvdie wrote: »
    this event was a server stress test. they designed it to see how many people would crash so that they could attempt to fix west arch or something like that.

Well they got three crashes from me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • SisterAnthea - Dreamweaver
    SisterAnthea - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Add a disclaimer next time please: "Ensure you have your gpu fan on max speed. You will experience 1fps for most of the event, your charm will be *****, your exp will be ***** and you will recieve **** all for your time and efforts, have a nice day"

Ty
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lost City's supposed to have it in a little less than 3 hours...you guys are scaring me b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok, the lag was bad enough that Jesus and Chuck Norris would have complained about the lag. I couldn't even do anything, much less land due to the immense lag. I didn't even get to fight anything. The only way an event like this would work, is if you possibly spread things out a bit... such as multiple locations, instead of having just about anyone who can fly gather in one location. Otherwise, everyone's going to need a computer with enough ram to be able to run a miniature world inside it. And the dying... Ugh, I can admit that I've seen more people begging for a res right then than I did when I was lvl 20 outside west arch. That was horrible.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olee - Raging Tide
    Olee - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What were the drops tho ? D: