Why now is a great time to make an alt that is not a tideborn

Beanette - Lost City
Beanette - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Just advice for all the new players who might browse this way....

Allow me to explain in bullet point:
-There are lots of players re-rolling to tideborn driving up the price of tideborn stuff.
-Tide born class hasn't really been developed enough and suffer from balance/nerf issues.
-You can't really find many people with high end tideborn stuff opposed to high end human/untamed/elf stuff.
-The fly gears for tideborn cost an arm and a leg, whereas even now it is a GREAT time to buy the aerogear of people who are re-rolling tideborn.
-People are sick of lowbie tideborns in their parties. It sucks when BHs are composed of 2 assasins, 2 psychics, 1 cleric, and 1 WB. No pulling, not as much damage output, and potential for death ^ with leeroying agro-happy assasins.

Concessions:
-There are the rare people who are zerg-leveling their tideborn and are willing to part with their gear at lower than low prices to jump to their next sets.
-Tideborns do have better looking hair styles and model designs than many other races.
-They add a surprise element in PVP because most players base their current PVP strategies on all other classes.

Neutral:
-Neither one or the other will find it easier for new players to start because they are poor, lack any real knowledge of the game markets, and probably will just resort to cash shopping anyways.
-In the long run, all things will even out, the late game balance and gears will catch up in cost, and differences are minute.

-Just a thought,
Doc. Bean
Post edited by Beanette - Lost City on

Comments

• __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Don't be givin' away trade secrets! I like mah cheap lowbie gearz! D=
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Since when are WBs allies which dont kill you only in pw my they are allies
    they are called barbs here

now on a serious note yeah its sucky but it wont stop
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Since when are WBs allies which dont kill you only in pw my they are allies

Does anyone understand this? I think he is saying barbarians used to be called werebeasts.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Does anyone understand this? I think he is saying barbarians used to be called werebeasts.

b:surrender I did not comment because I had no clue what was being said b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Since when are World Bosses (commonly condensed into 'WB' in PWI) allies which dont kill you only in pw my they are allies

Translated. =)

TL;DR version: Quoted notable dislikes the use of old nicknames and abbreviations and felt compelled to voice their disapproval. Or something...? o_O
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Werebeasts is the PW-MY name for barbs. Some people started on PW-MY and still use the old acronyms. I think this is most common on the older servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Its just those crazy Lost City ppl :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and WBs are world bosses.. >.>
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WB still says "werebeast" to me.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WB still says "werebeast" to me.

WB = "welcome back", "world boss", "werebeast", and so on. Really depends on the context IMO. I haven't played the MY version but I still do see people referring to classes as their MY names.

EA: Elf Archer - duh
    EP: Elf Priest (though it just screams "episode" or "extended play" to me, lol) - Cleric
    Warrior: BM
    WF: Werefox - Veno

AAAANYWAYS. Back on topic for me:

Hehe yeah, I rerolled a couple alts since then. Or well, started playing everything more than I used to. I'm guessing the lack of clerics and barbs, since everyone's moving to psy/sin, got me some sort of incentive to play other classes. I have a psy, but I still enjoy cleric, barb and BM more than my psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D: