kantorek -- your response to the nirvana

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
im sorry to call you out like this, but the thing youre quoting and repeating.. its kind of a cop out. i think what people are asking for is a difinitive answer (yes or no) from a gm as to whether or not refines and gems are supposed to transfer when you change tt/lunar to nirvana. that's the thing people are debating about and not sure about.

"when you reforge ..." is not an appropriate or sufficient answer to the question about the original re-cast. we get it, when you re-forge (re-roll stats), you keep refines.

but as has been said, there is no official statement about the original recast (tt/lunar + 100 crystals = nirvana) process.

"when you recast from tt/lunar to nirvana ..." is how the response should be phrased to answer the question i just mentioned, which is the question causing controversy.

and please dont yell at me or ban me for asking this and pointing out that the answer you keep giving us is for a diff question than what we are asking. b:surrender

nirvana is new and confusing and expensive and time consuming. we DO need things spelled out for us, to the letter, on every little thing. some of us are stupid, and majority of us have the capacity to misinterpret.

thank you in advance
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It doesn't keep it when you change it from TT/Lunar into nirvana. Only after it's a Nirvana Weapon/Armor and you reroll the stats by using the reforge option does it retain. He keeps bolding the word "reforge" because it is only by that option that it works.

It's been so clearly laid out, how can you not see it??

I mean Wizzled just lost a +12 bow to prove it.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yup I lost my +12 to prove it and save others from losing their stuff.

And so far I've gotten flamed on game endlessly for it.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    yes wiz, i know, and im sorry for your loss. but please try not to flame here. im not seeking to flame the gms, i just want one of them to answer this specific question, because i cannot find any official response to this yet.
  • litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I think the majority of them are pretending to know they knew all along when they didn't. Ignore the flames it's easy to make a mistake by taking something to mean more than it is. I for one read things as they are written. Decided since the first post no nirvana gear for me until I decide to go farm me some new TT gear. Too high refine/sockets to lose.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im sorry to call you out like this, but the thing youre quoting and repeating.. its kind of a cop out. i think what people are asking for is a difinitive answer (yes or no) from a gm as to whether or not refines and gems are supposed to transfer when you change tt/lunar to nirvana. that's the thing people are debating about and not sure about.

Please see the response posted by Frankie here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6630981&postcount=44
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I think sacrificing your bow was too extreme, but at least we know something now. PWE, all they want to do is to suck your money. This Nirvana and the event is obvisly made on purpuse to reset dozens of +12 weapons and equipments to zero so you have to expend once again $2000 or whatever it costs. That's very low from PWE, that's almost criminal and the people who takes this kind of decision have no ethics. Too bad we are pretty much in the begging of the cybernetic age, and there are very few laws or nothing to protect people against the type of scam. I guess the only thing you can do is to protect yourself and don't fall on their trap.
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think sacrificing your bow was too extreme, but at least we know something now. PWE, all they want to do is to suck your money. This Nirvana and the event is obvisly made on purpuse to reset dozens of +12 weapons and equipments to zero so you have to expend once again $2000 or whatever it costs. That's very low from PWE, that's almost criminal and the people who takes this kind of decision have no ethics. Too bad we are pretty much in the begging of the cybernetic age, and there are very few laws or nothing to protect people against the type of scam. I guess the only thing you can do is to protect yourself and don't fall on their trap.

it was his fault tho. the GMs said "reforge" but wizz was the one who miss understood that and used wrong option. the GMs are NOT at fault wizz is. hate to say it like that but its truth.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010

no one is putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to recast their equipment....if you can't/won't/don't want to +12 another piece, then don't recast...simple as that
    if wizzeled wasn't always in such a hurry to have the biggest and the best, he wouldn't have lost anything...he chose not to wait for clarification...does it suck? for him, yea, but its no ones fault but his own
  • Downed - Harshlands
    Downed - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it was his fault tho. the GMs said "reforge" but wizz was the one who miss understood that and used wrong option. the GMs are NOT at fault wizz is. hate to say it like that but its truth.

he ask he ask and he asked again for clarfication no answer so he tested it himself then a while later after he had tested a gm comes along and gives an reply....
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    he ask he ask and he asked again for clarfication no answer so he tested it himself then a while later after he had tested a gm comes along and gives an reply....

again HIS fault for not waiting for clarification. he was impatient and this is where it got him. + in the other thread kanotek said it was by reforging. frankie only came to simplify what kano already told him...
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Even sent in a ticket asking for clarification.

I followed all the protical and lets put it this way, I rather be the one to bite the bullet so someone else who worked their **** off isn't. My most likely last act as a member here was my most selfless during my stay here.
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Even sent in a ticket asking for clarification.

I followed all the protical and lets put it this way, I rather be the one to bite the bullet so someone else who worked their **** off isn't. My most likely last act as a member here was my most selfless during my stay here.

we gonna miss you wizzeled you were very brave for clearfying this for us because the gms failed to do so.b:cry
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    again HIS fault for not waiting for clarification. he was impatient and this is where it got him. + in the other thread kanotek said it was by reforging. frankie only came to simplify what kano already told him...

Even if he rushed it, it is still outlandish that all refines on Lunar, HH99, sockets, go away on the first recast. EVERYONE thought your gear gets upgraded with all existing stats, that was what the description of Nirvana Reforge stated in the first place. PWE can do something about this, but since it was made clear Chienken stones will never be implemented, it's obvious the company is only after your money. This is just sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Even if he rushed it, it is still outlandish that all refines on Lunar, HH99, sockets, go away on the first recast. EVERYONE thought your gear gets upgraded with all existing stats, that was what the description of Nirvana Reforge stated in the first place. PWE can do something about this, but since it was made clear Chienken stones will never be implemented, it's obvious the company is only after your money. This is just sad.

it does keep the refines/sockets/etc... he just clicked on the wrong option and thus didnt keep his refines and stuff.
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it does keep the refines/sockets/etc... he just clicked on the wrong option and thus didnt keep his refines and stuff.

According to Frankie, no.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=608921&page=5

Only Reforging preexisting Nirvana gear. But please prove me wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Either way I submitted a ticket with video proof and everything. I am sure something will be done.
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    hi Angel its me foxyb:laugh
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Please see the response posted by Frankie here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6630981&postcount=44

yes.. thats a cop out too. the wording is again focused around reforging, which is the only way to keep refines. do you see what i mean? about the language? why does every GM refuse to just state it plainly? "when you turn tt/lunar to nirvana you lose gems and refines".. that would be stating it plainly. if it's said like that then there is no room for interpretation or arguing about what whoever said it really means. all these other responses confuse people. it's like dancing around the elephant in the room.

*there is an elephant in a room with a fish tank that holds 1 fish*

player asks "is the elephant hungry?"

gm: "there is something in the room that is hungry, but it is only something with fins."

player: "so the elephant is not hungry?"

gm: "the thing with fins is hungry."

player: "ok, but im asking about the elephant... is it hungry?"

gm: "see response #1 and response #2."

player: *stares at GM w/ a puzzled look* "so is the elephant hungry or not?"

• Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    yes.. thats a cop out too. the wording is again focused around reforging, which is the only way to keep refines. do you see what i mean? about the language? why does every GM refuse to just state it plainly? "when you turn tt/lunar to nirvana you lose gems and refines".. that would be stating it plainly. if it's said like that then there is no room for interpretation or arguing about what whoever said it really means. all these other responses confuse people. it's like dancing around the elephant in the room.

gm: "there is something in the room that is hungry, but it is only something with fins."

player: "so is the elephant hungry or not?"

because they would loose money and dats scary for pweb:shocked
  • Aejuyi - Heavens Tear
    Aejuyi - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I lol at the ppl that need more clarification.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it's like dancing around the elephant in the room.

QFT

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

QUOTE FOR FURTHER TRUTH
    10char
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    wizzeled what are you going to do if they don't do anything for you'r +12 bow?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    wizzeled what are you going to do if they don't do anything for you'r +12 bow?

You never reveal your hand before the dealer has dealt all the cards.
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    You never reveal your hand before the dealer has dealt all the cards.

why not it allways makes things intresting!
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    why not it allways makes things intresting!

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.

so you'r going to kill people me and u hate?b:surrender

sorry its late but really thats all i got out of that
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    so you'r going to kill people me and u hate?b:surrender

sorry its late but really thats all i got out of that

Patience is a virtue.

That's basically what I've been saying.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The wording is again focused around reforging, which is the only way to keep refines. do you see what i mean? about the language? why does every GM refuse to just state it plainly?

no the last one would be more "there is no further information on the elephant at this time."
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Makes my loss of 950 something 1 star orbs insignificant. I feel for you Wizzled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.