Not good enough...

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Rant thread, just to warn. b:chuckle

So, today the bm in my faction informs us he's starting a tt2-1 squad. I, being rather bored and not having done much TT lately reply "If I can be of help, sure". At which point I get asked if I have a spear at my level, and after replying negative pretty much get told my sucky DD is far too insufficient and I'm not needed.

Wont name names but this guy is a lv74 bm. Yes, axe DPS isn't that great, I know all about the most efficient weapons for DPS but I have my own preference of play style, but since when is a lv89 axe BM with +6 cala's an insufficient DD for a 2-1? It's not as if I neglect my party support either, I have shadowless, myraid and the rest.

Is it just me or is this guy an idiot =/ I don't want to be unreasonable if I would slow a squad down (though at 89 I don't see how), so opinions welcome.
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Resolve this honorably: Duel him for the slot, then look for a replacement when he ragequits.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

So, today the bm in my faction informs us he's starting a tt2-1 squad. I, being rather bored and not having done much TT lately reply "If I can be of help, sure". At which point I get asked if I have a spear at my level, and after replying negative pretty much get told my sucky DD is far too insufficient and I'm not needed.

Wont name names but this guy is a lv74 bm. Yes, axe DPS isn't that great, I know all about the most efficient weapons for DPS but I have my own preference of play style, but since when is a lv89 axe BM with +6 cala's an insufficient DD for a 2-1? It's not as if I neglect my party support either, I have shadowless, myraid and the rest.

Is it just me or is this guy an idiot =/ I don't want to be unreasonable if I would slow a squad down (though at 89 I don't see how), so opinions welcome.

He is not wrong. He may have the wrong choice of words, but he has his own play style too.

It seems like you rant about anything from injustice done to fishies, to failz archer to finally...your own class and Faction mate b:shocked
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Resolve this honorably: Duel him for the slot, then look for a replacement when he ragequits.

Frankie: This is not a vie for a spot. The other BM started a TT run, asking for DD. It's his squad, and of coz, he has the rights to take whoever he wants, since it is granted that he is subbing.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He is not wrong. He may have the wrong choice of words, but he has his own play style too.

It seems like you rant about anything from injustice done to fishies, to failz archer to finally...your own class and Faction mate b:shocked

eh O_o

I'm not questioning his play style, infact his IS the more efficient one. And I don't rant THAT much?

And you're right, his squad his right to choose. I'll stfu now b:surrender
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

hahaha +1
    well it seems to me that this guy is not the sort of person id like to go on a tt run with anyway...
    if he has those kind trivial issues then imagine what he'd be like if something were to go wrong during the tt run...
    id put him on my do-not-squad-with list :D
    karma provails all b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At which point I get asked if I have a spear at my level

First time Ive ever seen anyone asked that for TT lol
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hahaha +1
    well it seems to me that this guy is not the sort of person id like to go on a tt run with anyway...
    if he has those kind trivial issues then imagine what he'd be like if something were to go wrong during the tt run...
    id put him on my do-not-squad-with list :D
    karma provails all b:victory

Hmm, maybe what you have said, can be true for the other party and who is having trivial issues.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hmm, maybe what you have said, can be true for the other party and who is having trivial issues.

You know, you're basically ranting about my ranting now b:chuckle
  • ElDante - Harshlands
    ElDante - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bm aint the best choice for a DD on a TT run anyway :)
    the guy needed the run so formed a squad to get what he needed and I believe wasn't interested in another bm (who might as well need the same loot).

Duelling wouldnt be of any help coz the squad leader wouldnt expell himself anyways lol. IMHO all he needed to do was to say "bm? soz, m8, arch/mage needed"
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bm aint the best choice for a DD on a TT run anyway :)
    the guy needed the run so formed a squad to get what he needed and I believe wasn't interested in another bm (who might as well need the same loot).

Duelling wouldnt be of any help coz the squad leader wouldnt expell himself anyways lol. IMHO all he needed to do was to say "bm? soz, m8, arch/mage needed"

True, but the same guy refused me on TT even when I needed chrono quests on 1-1 on my alt, so "need" has nothing to do with it. He's pure profit and efficiency obsessed. I dunno why I even made this thread, it's obvious the guy is a jerk.

Talk about ego when you turn down someone 15 levels superior to you with better gear O_o **** him, I'm a perfectly decent bm b:chuckle

Hmm, look at it this way. It's basically like a pure build cleric at lv74 asking for another cleric, then turning down a lv89 cleric because they're LA and won't heal well enough.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I do agree with Seph on this one. The guy is a jerk. Certainly entitled to be one and well within his right, but none the less.
  • ElDante - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    True, but the same guy refused me on TT even when I needed chrono quests on 1-1 on my alt, so "need" has nothing to do with it. He's pure profit and efficiency obsessed. I dunno why I even made this thread, it's obvious the guy is a jerk.

Talk about ego when you turn down someone 15 levels superior to you with better gear O_o **** him, I'm a perfectly decent bm b:chuckle

Hmm, look at it this way. It's basically like a pure build cleric at lv74 asking for another cleric, then turning down a lv89 cleric because they're LA and won't heal well enough.

Well, frankly speaking I'm not a carebear for every1. I'd gladly help my friends / guildmates / my ConstSquad, but doubt 'd do a TT or any other quest for "just a guy who really needs it". If you needed it you gotta find those who need it too, and I dont need it already or yet ^^. Profit is always good for everyone and efficiency is what we need to make it :) when you need to hammer a nail you take a hammer. Using an axe with it's blunt backside is still OK, but aint that convinient usually, if you got what I mean.

15 levels... well, from my point of view it doesn't usually matter that much if your cleric is 75 or 85 as long as heal you and do not die from occasional AOE.

there's truth in ur words but only for a case of 2 tanks with each of them needing constant heal. In plain words: I cant think of any situation where one would need it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The thing is, the request was plainly "need another DD and a cleric".

And if an 89 bm with a +6 weapon is a "blunt axe" then what exactly is a "hammer" in this case? A lv100 pole BM with +10 weapon? It's a 2-1 for damn sake O_o What do you bring for 3-1+, GM's?
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, frankly speaking I'm not a carebear for every1. I'd gladly help my friends / guildmates / my ConstSquad, but doubt 'd do a TT or any other quest for "just a guy who really needs it".

The guy was in his faction.

I do agree as well, axes BMs aren't the best DDs ever... and I'm one. But kicking a faction mate that wants to help, yet "doesn't DD enough" despite being a good DD anyways is pretty low. We're talking 2-1 here, not a 3-3. And for that 1-1, yeah, I'd have been pissed too. Refusing to help someone under the pretext that they "don't DD enough"... that's low too.

I'd just avoid the guy from now on. Or maybe taking it higher within the faction if it becomes a major problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • ElDante - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I musta missed the topickstarter was of the same faction with the guy. This 'd reverse the case if u ask me.

As for "who's DD if not a bm with +6 weap" - that's definetly arch or mage 80+ with a +4+5 weap :)

bm is not a DD, but more of a support tank / control char in PW. axe-bm IMHO is more of a debuf ^^
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

lol new gm? sounds angry/funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I musta missed the topickstarter was of the same faction with the guy. This 'd reverse the case if u ask me.

As for "who's DD if not a bm with +6 weap" - that's definetly arch or mage 80+ with a +4+5 weap :)

bm is not a DD, but more of a support tank / control char in PW. axe-bm IMHO is more of a debuf ^^

BM with good gear is definitely a DD.

They get useless as DDs if all they do is go autowhack at a boss and go afk - unless you start getting good DPS with fists/claws esp. with good crit rate. Even then if they're not there to keep up the dps with cyclone/spark mage/archer do have better potential.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bm is not a DD, but more of a support tank / control char in PW.

Demon fist Bm with -int gear is definitely a DD
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

So, today the bm in my faction

At that point I realised who he is. b:laugh Anyway, I know you can beat him as a DD. Anytime.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At that point I realised who he is. b:laugh Anyway, I know you can beat him as a DD. Anytime.

Rofl, I'd hope so at my level. O_o I mean, to be fair I respect the guy as a BM, if he was my level he would probably out DD me and he knows his stuff. But being a jerk really isn't necessary, I can't respect that at all. If he treats me like that, it really sucks for any other faction members who aren't up to such crazy standards and want to tt. =/

But I've had my rant and moved on, so let's drop that subject. b:chuckle
    litheyuki wrote: »
    BM with good gear is definitely a DD.

They get useless as DDs if all they do is go autowhack at a boss and go afk - unless you start getting good DPS with fists/claws esp. with good crit rate. Even then if they're not there to keep up the dps with cyclone/spark mage/archer do have better potential.

Agree with that.

Hate seeing BM's go completely afk on bosses, there's so much a BM can do to speed up a boss and contribute. Axes (I admit) are probably the worst DPS of the 4 paths. But even a skilled axe user will be far more useful than a rubbish afk fist bm anyday.

Poorly skilled melee players have really given the rest a bad name as DD's and useful members imo =/
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First thing I noticed, was darkseph didn't need the TT, he offered to help. And with the set up for the party being made, the help he had to offer might not have worked with the dynamics. So he is told his help isn't needed. What's the problem there? And avoiding him wouldn't really be a punishment for him in this instance, would it? :)

It comes down to many people believe there is only one way the game is allowed to play, and ironically it's the 'helpful' people who are most prejudicial about it. Why not seperate it between every who wants to be helpful is helpful, and every who goes for efficiency does that? Efficiency wouldn't have a use for the other guys, since their playstyle doesn't match up. So they don't ***** about not being invited in usually. It's the others who complain they aren't allowed in, but they don't want to change their playstyle to fit in.

I'm building towards soloing/duoing squad mode TTs at end game. I won't have a problem adding in friends to get them drops as well, but it's not going to be bring whatever they want. If I'm doing the healing role, tank role, and DD role, someone bringing low DPS and going DD is really just a wasted slot and extra chance of grief over drops.

I'll help them build towards a useful build, if they're willing to put their preferred playstyle on hold just for specific instances, so they aren't essentially leeching in the party. Usually it doesn't take much effort to get the items either. But if they are unwilling to compromise, neither am I. But someone with a build that offers little extra benefit to the group and won't change up is someone I can easily see not being invited.

Maybe their wording was harsh, but the basis of your complaint seems to be you offered help and they said they didn't need it. So I truly hope they said some pretty harsh things to make you want to post about it, otherwise it would be more hurt ego what with being 1X levels higher and getting shot down.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

lol, so much win in that statement :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

You have jumped up two cool ranks in my eyes, frankie.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First thing I noticed, was darkseph didn't need the TT, he offered to help. And with the set up for the party being made, the help he had to offer might not have worked with the dynamics. So he is told his help isn't needed. What's the problem there? And avoiding him wouldn't really be a punishment for him in this instance, would it? :)

It comes down to many people believe there is only one way the game is allowed to play, and ironically it's the 'helpful' people who are most prejudicial about it. Why not seperate it between every who wants to be helpful is helpful, and every who goes for efficiency does that? Efficiency wouldn't have a use for the other guys, since their playstyle doesn't match up. So they don't ***** about not being invited in usually. It's the others who complain they aren't allowed in, but they don't want to change their playstyle to fit in.

I'm building towards soloing/duoing squad mode TTs at end game. I won't have a problem adding in friends to get them drops as well, but it's not going to be bring whatever they want. If I'm doing the healing role, tank role, and DD role, someone bringing low DPS and going DD is really just a wasted slot and extra chance of grief over drops.

I'll help them build towards a useful build, if they're willing to put their preferred playstyle on hold just for specific instances, so they aren't essentially leeching in the party. Usually it doesn't take much effort to get the items either. But if they are unwilling to compromise, neither am I. But someone with a build that offers little extra benefit to the group and won't change up is someone I can easily see not being invited.

Maybe their wording was harsh, but the basis of your complaint seems to be you offered help and they said they didn't need it. So I truly hope they said some pretty harsh things to make you want to post about it, otherwise it would be more hurt ego what with being 1X levels higher and getting shot down.

Tell me, are you in Myriad? In case you are... b:bye Otherwise you are kinda right. But I always try to say things politely instead of using harsh words. It really doesn't help.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Tell me, are you in Myriad? In case you are... b:bye Otherwise you are kinda right. But I always try to say things politely instead of using harsh words. It really doesn't help.

Nope, but I tend to focus on side facts in people's posts to get a better idea of what happened without personal bias usually. Those get skewed less, since people don't think they are important. Which is why the basic summation of help being offered, help being declined came about. As for efficiency, it is something I can understand; especially in TT instances.

On my old cleric main, had runs being more annoying than they should later on with squabbling of drops. Some wanting them all because they are almost there, and planning on not doing those runs anymore which they neglect to mention. Or prioritizing who gets what picks and how much, which is more wasted time. I preferred all gets sold, all gets equal shares of my Seppuku runs, where if someone wanted the mat, they bought it at the agreed rate. Completely fair, and no hassle.

So inviting someone else in brings the possibility of squabbling, a mark against them right away. And if they do not bring enough utility, or an unwillingness to improve, I wouldn't want them either. That part is understandable to me for many different reasons. The OP had a complete outlook that only took into account their view, which is odd since they were JOINING the group of other's. Could have been declined for many reasons, with just the one given. Since it wasn't a run that was needed, there really was no good point for even posting it really. And since the amp effect of Heaven's Flame would double the damage of 4-5 (+pet and reflect if applicable) people in the group, I'd say hitting that on recharge means more DPS than what type of axe they have. Most axe only I've seen are unable to do that.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • redknightx
    redknightx Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you are much higher lvl, and if he acts like that it only spells that it doesn't deserve your help... so o well.

Am a pole primary BM but i dont think not having a pole will make your DD ****.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @ Kupuntu: No need to name faction names, was trying to avoid calling out any names at all b:surrender

I don't think it matters anyway, I had my rant, (feel better for it b:chuckle) moved out the faction and forgot about it. Opinions were nice, ty for the input guys.

Either way can a mod lock or move this to lower depths or something?