Psychic changes in recent patch

2»

Comments

• FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    u didnt get it

there is situations (not tanking , tanking , drawing aggro , etc) in which the different use of the souls looks kind of obvious and switching souls aint a provlem ya.. but heres the deal .. 10 min black voodoo --> makes itkind of permanent active.. not like its really permanent , but u cancel white voodoo with it + u got 10 minutes runtime.. there is situations in which u would be happy, not having either of the souls on ..

hope i could explain it

edit : failed at language-- too late here

There is situations, situations...I'm asking myself here which ones.
    The decreased defense lvl with black isn't a "Oh noes I'll die if it even hits me once!!!" - decrease...and the increased defense with white is useful in situations where u have to deal with a too high amount of incoming dmg, like takin aggro accidentially in BH-runs.

black - too much dmg? In which situations? At a BH cuz of dealing too much dmg? As I said before - what about NOT skillspammin and control the aggro lvl (oer simply w8 with dealing dmg)? The defense decrease u gain isn't a real difference, since the dmg u get is high anyways.
    Only white voodoo is useful for decreasing the dmg.

@othella: but A got a more increased atk lvl than decreased defense lvl, so A got a higher bonus compared to B, which is not using his voodoo most of the time.
    Or simply said: +22 Atk - 11 def > nothing
    In the higher lvls most of the Psys will stat Vit anyways, so it's no A n B, just a more Vit and less Vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    is not abour controlling aggro in any way ---
    im trying to tell u, there are situations when u dont want any of the voodoos...
    11% dmg incomeing PER hit is alot more, than u stated :)

try unequipping2 parts armor or both pdeff ornaments - and go in melee with 10 maybe 12 % less reduced dmg --- u just dy frking faster

tanking a boss with black voodoo for example - makes it hit me for 1.2k (ofotis) with no voodoo its .08k , with white its only 300 or 400 (but cant tank it anymore, due to aggro issues)

right clicking existing buffs to cancel them would be the way to go
    or reapplying same buffs cancels it(for voodoos only ofc)

miau
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i didnt found any use of our soul skill yet
    it could be great on tank but most of them dont want it cause it suck mana too much... they had already problem for casting their skill.. really bad mechanic

it should have been like bramble , reflect but dont suck mana

landslide,stun,seal is all u need to survive

Cast it on yourself, anywhere there's an aoe, that = feedback to boss. I do think it's funnier to cast on a tank in FF, but with the extended duration, the joke goes too long. and you end up with all the aggro because the tank can't do jack.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    LiXiuYi - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    for me when i cast white voodoo when i have black voodoo on, it changes to white voodoo without having to wait for 15 mins

if that is what you meant b:thanks

Nah I meant to bring it back to a neutral state. The only other thing you can do is white voodoo and wait another 15 min or go back and forth. This is dangerous as I have had black voodoo on and hit a little too hard and pulled Pole from the barb. Black voodoo + pole's debuff attack = instant kiss the floor.