Psychic changes in recent patch

Tzefira - Raging Tide
Tzefira - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
I'm liking the changes; not having to recast voodoo every minute being the one I notice most often. I don't use the soul spells too much, but similar lengthening of duration. I haven't had a chance yet to run in a group to see how the lowered threat/hate/whatever it's called works. Doesn't seem to have affected actual damage much.
Post edited by Tzefira - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    LiXiuYi - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm liking the changes; not having to recast voodoo every minute being the one I notice most often. I don't use the soul spells too much, but similar lengthening of duration. I haven't had a chance yet to run in a group to see how the lowered threat/hate/whatever it's called works. Doesn't seem to have affected actual damage much.

The souls are great. what's better now is when grinding you can dd and silence at the same time with them overlapped. I think they should have something to revoke the voodoos though. when you cast them you are stuck with one or the other for 15 mins.
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    bubble having a 15m range is also great, making it a more useful skill in squad.

also, with the lowered hatred lvl of psy skills, it's easier to keep aggro from you guys nowb:chuckle
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    get a veno and purge you or relog? xD
    it's a positive buff so it work the same way as cleric buff >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    get a veno and purge you or relog? xD
    it's a positive buff so it work the same way as cleric buff >:P

Great thinking. Why didn't I think of that. Relog in the middle of a boss. Wait.. hmm let me get my pocket veno out lol. No sorry that's not gonna work all the time. A positive buff yes but with negative effects and it can't be purified.
    b:lipcurl
    May not be such a problem with the hate lowered though.
    b:surrender
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i didnt found any use of our soul skill yet
    it could be great on tank but most of them dont want it cause it suck mana too much... they had already problem for casting their skill.. really bad mechanic

it should have been like bramble , reflect but dont suck mana

landslide,stun,seal is all u need to survive
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Great thinking. Why didn't I think of that. Relog in the middle of a boss. Wait.. hmm let me get my pocket veno out lol. No sorry that's not gonna work all the time. A positive buff yes but with negative effects and it can't be purified.
    b:lipcurl
    May not be such a problem with the hate lowered though.
    b:surrender

if you have that much of a problem, plan ahead or .. don't use it. simple as that.
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    if you have that much of a problem, plan ahead or .. don't use it. simple as that.

That's another smart idea. Kinda the only other obvious plan but it does prevent you from using 2 skills unique to the class now doesn't it? Don't you think every other person that's played a psy has already thought of this? What about when you NEED to use white voodoo to survive an attack? Plan that one ahead. Know it all comments still don't solve the problem. The only thing to do now is to deal with it till a solution arrives and switch Voodoos on the fly.
  • Sazh - Dreamweaver
    Sazh - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The souls are great. what's better now is when grinding you can dd and silence at the same time with them overlapped. I think they should have something to revoke the voodoos though. when you cast them you are stuck with one or the other for 15 mins.

for me when i cast white voodoo when i have black voodoo on, it changes to white voodoo without having to wait for 15 mins

if that is what you meant b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    for me when i cast white voodoo when i have black voodoo on, it changes to white voodoo without having to wait for 15 mins

xD
    LiXiuYi
    Sazh has teh perfect solution!
    Just cast the other voodoo
    loooool~
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I could be wrong, but I think what she is saying is that you're stuck with either black or white voodoo for 15 mins, regardless if you switch to one or the other. And in some cases you may not want either on.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    easy fix if devs can get their head out of their a**

allow people to right click buff icons to remove it (lot orther mmo have this feature) and this would also fix stupid psychic bufing mana drain vengeance buff on everyone they see
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

allow people to right click buff icons to remove it (lot orther mmo have this feature) and this would also fix stupid psychic bufing mana drain vengeance buff on everyone they see

me agree with this.
    (>.<)
    what kind of "helpful" buff
    ends up **** over the tank by draining all it's mana?
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sazh - Dreamweaver
    Sazh - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I could be wrong, but I think what she is saying is that you're stuck with either black or white voodoo for 15 mins, regardless if you switch to one or the other. And in some cases you may not want either on.

oooh so thats what she meant, if so then yea even i faced that little problem but then i thought to myself, when i'm killing stuff i always want to kill faster so i always use black voodoo(i think thats the attack increase one) and when i'm running to places i use the other one so that if an aggro mob comes towards me, the damage will be small b:pleased
  • Elkier - Harshlands
    Elkier - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Wouldn't that make buffs useless then? O.o It's simple don't use buffs on low mana classes ^-^
  • Roseomancer - Sanctuary
    Roseomancer - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wouldn't that make buffs useless then? O.o It's simple don't use buffs on low mana classes ^-^

It would not make buffs useless, it would make them optional.

Do you want this buff? [y/n]

If Yes, leave it alone and enjoy your buff.
    If No, click it and continue without the buff.

That's what they said, you just read it wrong.
  • Confound - Harshlands
    Confound - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree that we should have some way to remove the voodoos. It's such a pain being stuck on black voodoo when you don't want it. At least before all we had to do was wait 60 seconds.

Switching to white voodoo just isn't an option, my attacks are just useless then.

On the positive side though, I love the fact that my heal is useful now. I can heal aoe attacks in BH69, leaving the cleric to focus on healing the tank.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Psychics complained black/white voodoo was too short. Devs changed it and now they are complaining they are too long.

Personally, i like the recent changes and psys really needed that boost.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Confound - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I've never complained about voodoos being to short, in fact I didn't mind it at all. A few loud mouths that don't have a clue how to play a psychic don't account for us all.

Contrary to popular belief, black voodoo isn't good in PvP unless you're just ganking someone. I can't PvP or duel while I have it activated, I just take too much damage.

Fact is, we at least need a skill/option to remove voodoos.
  • othella
    othella Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like the increased durations for the soul skills, but not the voodoos. I only use the voodoos in certain situations, and with them I always achieve my objective in less than 60 seconds - the original duration. What is the purpose of keeping it on for 900 seconds? I find it very inconvenient.
    IGN: [Undecided]
    Class: [Undecided] Most definitely trying the Bard and Marksman classes. Also interested in the Assassin, Mage, Priest, and Protector.

Looking to join a guild once the game is officially released - one that is friendly, mature, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Recruit me?
  • Confound - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    othella wrote: »
    I like the increased durations for the soul skills, but not the voodoos. I only use the voodoos in certain situations, and with them I always achieve my objective in less than 60 seconds - the original duration. What is the purpose of keeping it on for 900 seconds? I find it very inconvenient.

You've hit it right on the head, even though your level.

This becomes more apparent later on when you run bounty hunter quests.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You've hit it right on the head, even though your level.

This becomes more apparent later on when you run bounty hunter quests.

this!
    10charbla
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't get the point...u deal too much dmg with voodoo? so don't spam ur marcos in the beginning - n since hatred is reduced now, it should be the same as before without any voodoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What's with this stuff talking about black voodoo being too long...? Why would you PvP/PvE without a voodoo on.

PvE: Oh no, I deal more damage and take 10% more damage for every hit. That 40 extra damage is really crucial, especially since I can't just kill any mobs my level without them touching me.

PvP: OMG! the other guy's attack level is 11 levels higher than my defence level now. Oh wait mine is 22 levels higher than his. If you think that's a bad thing, transfer some mag points into vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What's with this stuff talking about black voodoo being too long...? Why would you PvP/PvE without a voodoo on.

PvE: Oh no, I deal more damage and take 10% more damage for every hit. That 40 extra damage is really crucial, especially since I can't just kill any mobs my level without them touching me.

PvP: OMG! the other guy's attack level is 11 levels higher than my defence level now. Oh wait mine is 22 levels higher than his. If you think that's a bad thing, transfer some mag points into vit.

+1

I don't really understand the setbacks too much. Maybe I'm just a noob b:shutup
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    u didnt get it

there is situations (not tanking , tanking , drawing aggro , etc) in which the different use of the souls looks kind of obvious and switching souls aint a provlem ya.. but heres the deal .. 10 min black voodoo --> makes itkind of permanent active.. not like its really permanent , but u cancel white voodoo with it + u got 10 minutes runtime.. there is situations in which u would be happy, not having either of the souls on ..

hope i could explain it

edit : failed at language-- too late here
  • othella
    edited January 2010

I can kill mobs quite easily in non-voodoo mode without them touching me, unless I lag. (Landslide FTW. :D) Black Voodoo is only really useful when I'm fighting increased magic resist mobs. The inconvenience comes from the fact that I have a sorry HP pool and when I'm in an area where aggressive physical mobs will spawn right on top of me, I'm out of luck.

I don't know anything about PvP, but I refuse to put any points into VIT until I study a bit more about builds and figure out why I would benefit from being only slightly less squishy, as opposed to having a more powerful magic attack.
    Class: [Undecided] Most definitely trying the Bard and Marksman classes. Also interested in the Assassin, Mage, Priest, and Protector.

Looking to join a guild once the game is officially released - one that is friendly, mature, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Recruit me?
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm not saying you can't kill things easily without black voodoo. It's just easier with it. Saves 1 hit on most mobs for me (150mp/monster) yeah I know it's not a lot but reduces the time it takes to kill it also by 1/4.

Also the vit thing. I'm not suggesting you to put points into vit, I'm just saying not putting black voodoo on = taking less damage and hitting less
    basically the same thing as putting points vit insted of mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • othella
    edited January 2010
    I'm not saying you can't kill things easily without black voodoo.

Pardon me for the misunderstanding. ^_^;

I see your point - kill faster, burn less mana...but then there's still the defense issue. I just don't think that turning myself into a three- or four-hit-kill is worth a bit of extra magic damage. (Mobs just love to spawn right behind me and **** me. -__-)

About the VIT thing, I see your point here also, but I don't think the two things are the same. Character A puts points into VIT (lowering his highest potential magic attack) and always uses Black Voodoo (increasing attack while lowering defense). Character B invests no points into VIT and does not use Black Voodoo. Assuming that A and B can kill with the same ease, B is better off because when he chooses to use Black Voodoo, his magic attack will be more powerful than A's (not to mention his mana pool is larger). This confirms your point that Black Voodoo is useful in PvP, but I'm confused as to why you would even imply that anyone could transfer points from MAG into VIT and get the same effect.

Then again, I'm not a math whiz and I know very little about the dynamics of MMOs. If my logic is off, please tell me. I want to learn this stuff.

Also, I understand you may see things differently, and I respect that. :3

• Auldwulf - Dreamweaver
    Auldwulf - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ...allow people to right click buff icons to remove it (lot orther mmo have this feature) and this would also fix stupid psychic bufing mana drain vengeance buff on everyone they see

Agreed, I'd like to also see a timer on the skill icon when in use. (The kind where you put the cursor arrow over it, and the countdown timer is in there with the other info). I've found this function to be kinda handy for a grinding machine like me.b:laugh

Peace...b:cool
  • Elkier - Harshlands
    Elkier - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It would not make buffs useless, it would make them optional.

Do you want this buff? [y/n]

If Yes, leave it alone and enjoy your buff.
    If No, click it and continue without the buff.

That's what they said, you just read it wrong.

I'm talking about the mana drain buff xP they would be useless as buffs if you could remove them. duel another psy and just remove his buff xD see? that seems useless and no fun lol