Lucky Coral box

1235»

Comments

• Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Selling 2k tokens =/

I was hoping to resell the damn things to fund my TT90. Not easy to make cash when you're factionless, a BM and don't charge zen. Fancy letting me in on some darkside marketing secrets warren?

I dunno. I'm not even looking forward to the event any more. Is there even a point to hitting 100 when you won't even have a fraction the power of a full cash shopper, the game is falling to pieces, the devs don't give a ****, and everyone else will be lv102 in a few weeks anyway?

ask friends to help you with tt runs. im hoping to get some of my tt99 gold mats during the event. else its gonna be a pain in the ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All of the packs seem to be about 97% chance for tokens, and the remainder split between the other items, from .01-.1% chance to win.

Ty. So no chance to win something for me. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ask friends to help you with tt runs. im hoping to get some of my tt99 gold mats during the event. else its gonna be a pain in the ****.

I hope I will buy empire black image during the event. I need 3 more to make lunar ring.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What amuses me is thinking back to that thread in the cleric forum that got immediately closed. Some guy from another MMO came here looking for advice, was thinking about playing a healer. He got 10 responses, every one of them advising him to get the heck out while he could and avoid the game at all costs. A mod ninja locked it pretty fast and gave out, but I still doubt that guy's ever coming back.

Don't the devs care that 99% of their player base think they're morons? Recommendations from friends is one of the fastest ways a game pulls in a large player base. But who would recommend Pw? The expansion has maintained a decent player base so far... but how long will that really last?

The devs don't care what the players think, they care about what their wallets think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I'm factionless for a reason =/

People don't help with TT runs ^^ TT is done for pure profit and the only thing that matters to most people is what they can get out of it.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Selling 2k tokens =/

I was hoping to resell the damn things to fund my TT90. Not easy to make cash when you're factionless, a BM and don't charge zen. Fancy letting me in on some darkside marketing secrets warren?
    Actually, I exposed my evil-nefarious plans in response to a comment you made a few weeks ago regarding Tokens:
    ffs stop depending on the things. -.-

There's a stupidly massive supply of them from practically everyone hoarding several thousand for re-sell. On sanc they're around 22k, I don't see them going anywhere above 30k. Ever. Or at least before the packs come back. Supply and demand....and trust me there's one heck of a supply right now.
    My response was:
    The supply is so massive that I sold all of mine and converted them into Anni-packs. I figure I'll wait 1 week, sell the packs, buy Gold, then wait 2 more weeks for Anni-packs to return again. I wish I was being facetious, but I honestly can't see them being gone for more than 2 months at the absolute most.
    But then somebody posted a link showing that new Anni Pack clones had been quietly added during last week's patch, and that pretty much convinced me that my 2 week/2 month prediction was probably wrong and the darn things were going to be coming back even sooner.

So yeah, I guess the "darkside" secret is to accept that the never-ending sales are indeed never going to end, and that nothing - I repeat NOTHING - that you earn/buy/trade-for/find in the game is going to keep its value past the next PWI marketing department meeting.

I keep my assets as liquid as I can nowadays, and just invest in whatever sales fad is the most popular at any given moment. The game isn't really about long-term goals anymore. It's all about getting whatever you can right at the particular moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I hope I will buy empire black image during the event. I need 3 more to make lunar ring.b:sad

i need 2 of those for my tt99 gold eva belt b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol it was so easy to predict...

i predicted this or all packs (including anni packs)...

y?

coz PWDR shares quotation are the lowest since september 2008... they are in big trouble atmb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I expect this stuff is never going to leave us allone again and tokens arn't a long time investment!

So have fun trying to liquidate your tokens from your expensive bought Gold
    I hate Room 38
  • bamboo666
    bamboo666 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Only people I see complaining are a bunch of carebears "including harshlands you guys fail" and some lost city end game people. I like the packs when there back because it shows me how attached people are to this game gives me good laughs imo.
    I want them permanent anyways I also wanna be Op in a game since I plan on staying long term because I'm addicted to it!b:sinb:sinb:sinb:cool
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So yeah, I guess the "darkside" secret is to accept that the never-ending sales are indeed never going to end, and that nothing - I repeat NOTHING - that you earn/buy/trade-for/find in the game is going to keep its value past the next PWI marketing department meeting.

I keep my assets as liquid as I can nowadays, and just invest in whatever sales fad is the most popular at any given moment. The game isn't really about long-term goals anymore. It's all about getting whatever you can right at the particular moment.

Awesome. Reminds me of that time I made 5m off a single tome, reselling and remaking it because everyone else in the ah was too greedy to charge a reasonable price when gold prices fell.

Buying tokens dirt cheap atm, keep getting bundles of 15 as people test and fail packs. I expect once this fb event starts the demand for subs will push the price up a little, so guess I'll buy/sell for a bit and take advantage where I can.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We all saw it coming.

But hey, I won't complain. I want that Scroll of Tome - and a new set of wings to give to an alt or sell for profit is something I won't complain about. Nevermind cheap shards, potential lunar gear I never got the last time and a chance to get some of those lovely vit stones. =)

The only thing I'm sad about is... no more Wings of Cloudcharger it seems. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Everyone saw it coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Look at that...

Was just talking to a friend to just save his gold yesterday in case anniv packs come back since he wanted them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just spent about 12 mil buying a Flame Drill and like a week later they come out with even nicer looking sword. b:cry
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the new phrase should be

.. you know when you'v been PWI'ed

b:kiss
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Woot! This is one of those rare times where I totally predicted it exactly right. As a result, I just profited 175million in 2 weeks. Yay for PWI becoming completely predictable in their marketing strategy! b:victory

(And yeah, this is basically my way of saying if you can't beat 'em... join 'em. So go ahead and join us on the darkside. The rebel alliance has already ragequit.)

I laughed out loud at that last comment. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Heh. I'm keeping myself liquid too. But I took a big hit because I didn't expect the packs to come back this quickly. Most of my money was still in coin, not gold (about a 10:1 ratio, now a 7:1 ratio if gold shoots to 500k again). I thought I'd have at least another week or two to convert to gold, and was dilly-dallying while playing with my new Sage skills.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Heh. I'm keeping myself liquid too. But I took a big hit because I didn't expect the packs to come back this quickly. Most of my money was still in coin, not gold (about a 10:1 ratio, now a 7:1 ratio if gold shoots to 500k again). I thought I'd have at least another week or two to convert to gold, and was dilly-dallying while playing with my new Sage skills.

Likewise, I didn't expect packs to return until February and got caught holding a few thousand tokens. Not enough liquidity to take full advantage b:sad
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hehehe... Guess who's selling gold???

Me, baby. Me.
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    coz PWDR shares quotation are the lowest since september 2008... they are in big trouble atmb:chuckle
    Uh, where do you get this idea? Last I heard, PW's shares jumped in September 09 because of Ani packs and have taken a boost every time they were re-released. I'm sure this will be no different.

That said, I'm still interested in where you saw this, because I'd almost get a sense of morbid satisfaction out of knowing that the greed of PWE's execs have finally caught up with them.

All that's really happened here is that PWE learned what side their bread is buttered on. Now, the part where they threw the other side down on the floor to soak up dirt and grime, I just find unnecessary and contemptuous. -_-
    The rebel alliance has already ragequit.
    Oh we're still here, watching this disgusting plunge into the world of coporate smoke and mirrors. A part of me just hopes the mass exodus happens soon. But then I wonder what will be left of PWI...?

The thing that gets to me the most is... this is a damn good game. When you consider its origins and the culture that created it (that's China, for the uninitiated), I'm forced to wonder if we as Americans just have a horrible tendency to destroy half the things we touch.

...if you were here from the first couple of months like I was, you'd know what I mean. -_-

Oh, and: since I've seen a good amount of people blame the GMs/devs here lately, let me spell it out for you. Again.

Devs = the Chinese. PWE licenses the game from PW China, where it's developed and (as I understand it) where all the major patch content and expansions come from.
    GMs = the community organizers here. They don't have any control over the code. Don't blame them.
    Mods = volunteers. Have absolutely no influence over the game (to my knowledge). Don't blame them.
    PWE executives = the people who decide what to put in the cash shop, and when. Presumably responsible for PWI's continued existance, except they don't seem to care how it continues to exist as long as it's profitable. Oh, and they stubbornly refuse to say a word to us except by making the GMs spin it for us. -_- Welcome to the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To be fair, all the **** that got released into this game already got seeded around in the other versions. Then again, i don't know if the other versions went on a 3 month spree with the pink stuff...only to go another month or something again with the return of the pink stuff. i think it's just people in general, not just Americans, lol.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Except, y'know, it was the PWI Anniversary. :P

So either they special-ordered the code for Ani Packs from the devs in China, or (and this is the more likely one) the Ani Packs existed as something else entirely in other versions, and PWE just decided to localize them them as Ani Packs because it suit their purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uh, where do you get this idea? Last I heard, PW's shares jumped in September 09 because of Ani packs and have taken a boost every time they were re-released.

Correct... PWE is currently considered one of the best performing Entertainment and Media scrips in US bourses. I too am curious about the spin regarding PWE stock hitting a low.
    Devs = the Chinese. PWE licenses the game from PW China, where it's developed and (as I understand it) where all the major patch content and expansions come from.

Minor point: PWE is wholly owned by PW Beijing, so they do not need to license the game from PW China (I assume you mean the parent company, Perfect World Beijing). They are the same company, no separate licensing ought to be needed other than perhaps for trans-national statutory purposes.

PW-MY for instance, on the other hand, is a licensed franchisee, and they thus need to pay PW Beijing for changes.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Vulphie - Sanctuary
    Vulphie - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Totally saw this coming. I always get nervous around update time if the anni packs aren't in CS at the time. Gratz to PWI for renaming 'em though.

Can I make a suggestion though? I don't think Lucky Coral Boxes trully capture what these items are. Why not name 'em Jack-in-the-Boxes or something? They always seem to pop-up when we least expect it. Does any1 else have any other suggestions for appropriate names? b:chuckle

I'm so glad I only spent real life money on the first round of em.. you know.. on PWI's anniversary. I won't be spending another cent on this game however as I'll be relying on what I can merchant or grind to make my fun money. Time for my herc to pay for itself lol. I'm glad I got off my lazy butt to earn one before gold hit 500k. Condolences to venos who were/are saving for one.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uh, where do you get this idea? Last I heard, PW's shares jumped in September 09 because of Ani packs and have taken a boost every time they were re-released. I'm sure this will be no different.

ya my bad - i typed 2008 instead of 2009b:surrender

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:PWRD

woa... already +0,82%b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WTB non greed corrupted PWI server.

I'm seriously starting to consider just going pay to play on a diff game lol. This is just ridculous. I guess those marketing fools want some new rims on their corvettes to pick up more chicks.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.