Lucky Coral box

Comments

• Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shutup
    u can trade soul of awe for TT100 weapon,if i didnt rmb wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is awesome, someone mentioned this coming before. I just can't remember when but this is starting to become a normality. Adjust, get used it this isn't going to end anyone from playing. More rich people.. another chance for the poor as well.

No it's not awesome, and it's not another chance for the poor. The rich are guaranteed to get these packs, while the poor have to get 50k fans on FB, which is looking like is a moot point since we need about 2k more in a few days' time. ****ing PWI is drying out the udder that is PWI's player base. And I'm disgusted by that.

Although, I have to admit, I still do enjoy the game when I'm jamming out with my friends, and I will continue to play. Just that these stupid **** packs are ruining any potential fun/life that this game will have for me (and presumably for many other players as well).

:(
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is awesome, someone mentioned this coming before. I just can't remember when but this is starting to become a normality. Adjust, get used it this isn't going to end anyone from playing. More rich people.. another chance for the poor as well.

Do you mean the person who linked this last month? I forgot their name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvE1WtN75s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    also i doubt the 2x event'll happen, look at their numbers they need ~2k more fans in 4days that means they'll have to literally have to gain 500 fans a day for the rest of the month. Sorry to say but i doubt it'll happen.

Sure it will. It'll make all the in-game drops that you can get for free, worthless. The only thing in-game that will be worth any significant amount of money will be event and cash shop items, and they'll cost so much that the only way you'll be able to buy them is with real money. That's the plan. It just gets more and more apparent each day.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Do you mean the person who linked this last month? I forgot their name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvE1WtN75s

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

...Coral packs are coming, coral packs are coming...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Sure it will. It'll make all the in-game drops that you can get for free, worthless. The only thing in-game that will be worth any significant amount of money will be event and cash shop items, and they'll cost so much that the only way you'll be able to buy them is with real money. That's the plan. It just gets more and more apparent each day.

You do know that their job is to promote things that people pay money for so they can put food on their table right and their kids through college?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torathin - Raging Tide
    Torathin - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010

please look over my post which was edited. It's very clear oh so clear.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What's next? Warsoul fragments inside packs too?
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    48,755 fans now ^^

Everyone sign up whilst you're waiting for maintenance to be over :3
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dekciw wrote: »
    What's next? Warsoul fragments inside packs too?

Oh, you know it's coming eventually. Have to devalue all these 1 gold lunar equips somehow b:thanks
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nvmnd

10char
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    PWI could have 50k fans in less than month. But they got bad opinion now, because of many things introduced to game, like Oracles, Anni packs etc. Sad, but true. 50k is not a huge achievment.

Their opinion isn't as bad as many people make it look. They have a very large cash-shopper group. Large enough that it fueled Torchlight which was NOT created in China.

Just a handful of people who do not pay real money for gold are upset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    48,755 fans now ^^

Everyone sign up whilst you're waiting for maintenance to be over :3
    PWI would have more than 50k in less than month, if they'd have better opinion on the web. Because of Oracles, Packs and other changes introduced to the game, they've become infamous. 50k fans is not a big achievment, and we even have problems with reaching that one...
    edited January 2010

You do know that their job is to promote things that people pay money for so they can put food on their table right and their kids through college?

Yes, but the whole point of a F2P MMO should be that some benefit should be available to those wishing to cash shop, but all the best gear should only be farmable. I had no problems really with the AnniPack, and as much as I hate them, I have purchased them and do own some event items and quite love them, and tokens are something that really needs to be a permanent additionto the game. However, all that event gear was planned to be superseded and it was, but introducing rapture and uncanny crystal packs so early kind of just ruins that notion. Now with Lunar being nerfed, Nirvana was about the last place that you could actually have a goal to achieve. Now the biggest spender will have that honor. Unless they put something even higher that can be attainable through hard work, looks like things are coming to a close for me here.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I would have to say that is my favorite post yet! =P

secondedb:cuteb:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would like to know how high probability to get these items from pack are. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizseven - Lost City
    Wizseven - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shutup
    u can trade soul of awe for TT100 weapon,if i didnt rmb wrong...

lmao wow...just wow.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yes, but the whole point of a F2P MMO should be that some benefit should be available to those wishing to cash shop, but all the best gear should only be farmable. I had no problems really with the AnniPack, and as much as I hate them, I have purchased them and do own some event items and quite love them, and tokens are something that really needs to be a permanent additionto the game. However, all that event gear was planned to be superseded and it was, but introducing rapture and uncanny crystal packs so early kind of just ruins that notion. Now with Lunar being nerfed, Nirvana was about the last place that you could actually have a goal to achieve. Now the biggest spender will have that honor. Unless they put something even higher that can be attainable through hard work, looks like things are coming to a close for me here.

Ok, I'll agree with you here. Nirvana gear shouldn't be purchasable. I wasn't aware that it was in the packs. I never looked at what was required to make it. I'm only 83 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL...i posted this like 3 weeks ago
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
    edited January 2010
    I would like to know how high probability to get these items from pack are. b:chuckle

All of the packs seem to be about 97% chance for tokens, and the remainder split between the other items, from .01-.1% chance to win.
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    PWI would have more than 50k in less than month, if they'd have better opinion on the web. Because of Oracles, Packs and other changes introduced to the game, they've become infamous. 50k fans is not a big achievment, and we even have problems with reaching that one...

I couldn't care less about the value of their achievement, just want double exp and drops b:victory
  • Devil - Harshlands
    Devil - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh devs and gms, you are funny guys! Lets make a new instance to farm some legit op gear, and then right after lets make the gear cash shoppable to totally eliminate the instance entirely! Oh and while we are at it, lets make pw economy totally dependable on tokens of luck! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Selling 2k tokens =/

I was hoping to resell the damn things to fund my TT90. Not easy to make cash when you're factionless, a BM and don't charge zen. Fancy letting me in on some darkside marketing secrets warren?

I dunno. I'm not even looking forward to the event any more. Is there even a point to hitting 100 when you won't even have a fraction the power of a full cash shopper, the game is falling to pieces, the devs don't give a ****, and everyone else will be lv102 in a few weeks anyway?
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

Their opinion isn't as bad as many people make it look. They have a very large cash-shopper group. Large enough that it fueled Torchlight which was NOT created in China.

Just a handful of people who do not pay real money for gold are upset.
    I know, I'm a casual cash-shopper, I spend about 10~20$ every month. But as we all know, there's not many new players. And all that getting fans process shows that finding 50k is hard. Regular players joined that contest immediately, in first days There was huge increase of numbers of fans. What we got now is effect of spamming forums (and I'm not thinking about official PWI forum only) and WC in game. I think that few months ago 50k would be easy to achieve.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i already knew they would clone it after the 2nd time they brought them out. and it was logic gold was dropping in price...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    People purchased all the gold on Sanc shortly before the servers went down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    First time anni packs came out gold hit like 800k. Then second time it hit about 500k. Last time it stayed around 450k. Will this clone raise gold prices THAT much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    First time anni packs came out gold hit like 800k. Then second time it hit about 500k. Last time it stayed around 450k. Will this clone raise gold prices THAT much?
    For nirvana mats?

Probably.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abominus - Sanctuary
    Abominus - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To play devil's advocate, this game, while free to play is still a business, and the goal of any business is to make money. You can debate whether that is in the best interests of the players or not, but at the end of the day they need to turn a profit or there is no more game.

For those of you who do not purchase zen, whether for principle or financial issues, just keep in mind that the people who do purchase these items (however loathsome they may be) keep the game profitable for the developers, which in turn keeps the game up and running, and free to those who like to just farm, ect.

Personally I agree with the majority of you in that the Nirvana items should not be there, as it gives us little to aspire to, and the few cash shop crazies (there are some on every server...people who are jerks but have overpowered gear they bought, and lord it over the rest of us) will have something else to crow about, but I just wanted you all to see the other side of the coin (no pun intended), in the interest of fairness.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What amuses me is thinking back to that thread in the cleric forum that got immediately closed. Some guy from another MMO came here looking for advice, was thinking about playing a healer. He got 10 responses, every one of them advising him to get the heck out while he could and avoid the game at all costs. A mod ninja locked it pretty fast and gave out, but I still doubt that guy's ever coming back.

Don't the devs care that 99% of their player base think they're morons? Recommendations from friends is one of the fastest ways a game pulls in a large player base. But who would recommend Pw? The expansion has maintained a decent player base so far... but how long will that really last?
This discussion has been closed.