question about blue ball x__x

kaerys
kaerys Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
hi all, i have a cleric that recently got blue ball. i know how it works, how much mp etc, but i have a few questions about it. i've gone on only a few bhs, starting from lvl 60 (i quit for a bit, and i don't remember bhs coming out when i was lvl 40-59). i get mostly bh 51s, w/ fushma, rankar, and wyv.
what i want to know is this: when would be a good situation to cast blue ball? and when wouldn't i need to, like cast chromatic healing beam instead?
because i don't want to kill anyone by not using blue ball at an appropriate situation...
also the game's changed a bit ever since i started playing again.

thanks for any helpful answers! :) i really appreciate it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no idea about what my IGN might be lol...
i'll put it on my sig once CB/OB Is out ^^
Post edited by kaerys on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    BB is usually needed only for difficult boss situations, for aoe situations (when there's a large group of mobs and the squad decides to aoe them) or when someone screws up.

For the **** up moments...when you see a player try to pull one mob from a group and suddenly go "OH SHI.....!!!!!!" and run back with about 5 mobs on their tail....then you spring a BB ^^

Also used in TT for aoe bosses, especially Drummer and Soul Banisher. And if you're feeling particularly lazy on an easy boss and you have an mp charm, nothing like being able to BB and go make a cup of tea for a few. :P
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    After a certain level of IH+chrome heal, BB becomes more mp efficient. This is only the case when you're staying at the same spot for a long duration of time (ex. a boss or a massive lure in FCC).

It isnt needed in any fb's. It helps against wurlord in TT (not sure about AE and such bosses as I have never done such TTs before). Also, its needed in rebirth instances.

Generally, you dont "need" to use it for most instances.
    For the **** up moments...when you see a player try to pull one mob from a group and suddenly go "OH SHI.....!!!!!!" and run back with about 5 mobs on their tail....then you spring a BB ^^
    Dont do the suggestion above before each mob has been hit at least once. Them DDs can die, you can easily rez them. If you BB without any aggro on mobs, you're going to die.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mostly what these guys above me said.

Do be careful with BB though - it can be interrupted by powerful AOE. Always have a backup plan or chi pot you can pop to get it back up before party wipes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    remember BB cuts dmg AND heals too. So think of such a situation.

BB can also be interrupted, so those times you will tend to spam chromatic

BBtimes
    -when the melee all charge in and give u pain healing
    -when melee play ping pong aggro and your too nice to let them die
    -when a boss aoes hard or fast
    -when a boss single target hits too hard and fast for IH

chromatic
    -when mobs interrupt BB channeling
    -quick aoe heal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    when sage IH costs more than BB...b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • kaerys
    kaerys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    oh ok thanks b:victory i think i get it better now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no idea about what my IGN might be lol...
    i'll put it on my sig once CB/OB Is out ^^
  • Tayrin - Lost City
    Tayrin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've seen clerics make the mistake of BB'ing a "hard" boss when instead they just need to purify the tank. b:irritated For example a squad with 3 clerics, tank, & one other. Asked me to come help with wyvern 'cause they were squad wiping. They were trying to BB near tank & heal... and no purify. b:shocked I "helped" by standing in the back and telling them to purify. b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    I've seen clerics make the mistake of BB'ing a "hard" boss when instead they just need to purify the tank. b:irritated For example a squad with 3 clerics, tank, & one other. Asked me to come help with wyvern 'cause they were squad wiping. They were trying to BB near tank & heal... and no purify. b:shocked I "helped" by standing in the back and telling them to purify. b:chuckle
    maybe the heals were just weak, some cleric heals are strong enough to ignore purify. (cept pole/nob fbs)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I never had a problem of keeping a barb alive with BB at wyvern.
    And its usually the only way i do it when there are sins without bows in the squad. Because they get wiped to fast by his AOE.

Even tho alot of barb complain when i say i'm gonna BB because it wont keep them alive because there aint no purify etc.. I never happened to loose a barb with BB.

With Blademasters tho its different. But i hate BMs tanking anyway b:laugh
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What has PWi come to, BB at such a lowish boss omg b:shocked
    b:dirty
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What has PWi come to, BB at such a lowish boss omg b:shocked

I think its the clerics decision to use BB or not.
    Ever did wyvern with a lot of the sin fishys in squad? Then you would probably use BB too. Alot of them cant take more then one AOE of Wyvern. If there's two AOE coming fast after each other most sins go poof.....
    Even tho it shows me that they are fail because they HP is so damn low, i try to keep them alice.
    It saves alot of stress and is way easier.

But its nice that there are again people who just question to use a strategy, that perfectly works, just because its not the way they do it. b:laugh
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    I am afraid to ask what would happen if they did it on their level span...
    Like i said
    What has PWi come to, BB at such a lowish boss omg
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ahh, Regeneration Aura- probably my most hated skill. This is a skill that turns promising clerics and players into lazy good-for-nothings (excuse the harsh language).

Many, many, many players of all the classes forget the basics: You keep your cleric safe and they keep you alive; if a squad rushes in and you notice they haven't taken aggro, you let them die, keep your skin alive, and revive them in the aftermath; heals with ironheart take a few seconds to kick into effect completely; every skill has a use. The only skill for a cleric I would say is utterly useless is Purehearted Blessing.

To many, "BB" and "IH" are the answers to everything. Playing my alt, I get BH51 and it's a bit unnerving and annoying when on Wyvern, all you need to do is purify the tank and save your MP cost from BB. Yes, he has an AoE- it doesn't go off that often and I have yet to see someone be straight out one- shot from it. Rankar deals more damage the closer you are to it and it interrupts- bosses that interrupt skills are pretty well known- if you're not sure- ask.

Regeneration Aura is most effective against bosses like Drummer and Soulbanisher- dealing more damage with HP loss; Snakefist in Warsong who deals more damage over the time you fight it (not HP loss!), Astralwalker (not really if you pay attention and your squad takes out the adds). A cleric who BBs on Ancient Evil needs to be slapped. b:angry I find it amazing that so many clerics insist on BBing the bosses in the 99 instances like Abaddon- that's time you should be using Chromatic Healing Beam and Ironheart rather than scrambling to keep the tank alive after the heal and reduced damage effect has been interrupted.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited February 2010
    I find it amazing that so many clerics insist on BBing the bosses in the 99 instances like Abaddon- that's time you should be using Chromatic Healing Beam and Ironheart rather than scrambling to keep the tank alive after the heal and reduced damage effect has been interrupted.
    i totally BB at abaddon b:chuckle at least 3 pple of my squad like to take aggro just for the hell of it and aside from chromatic seal, clicking on each name to IH is so.............. yeah im lazy lol. Easy if you Fkey in chromatic while BB is up tho, once it breaks it autoheals for you ;3
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I remember trying BB when I first got it at wyvern... owned the tank (he died.. it was a slow and progressive death filled with hp pots and horror). Never tried BBing at wyvern again xD And that time, I got ohko through BB when wyvern turned its attention on me..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Clerics in squad that abuse BB at easy bosses are fun (Note: when I say abuse...I mean the kind of cleric that does NOTHING except BB. I'd think everyone's met one at this point?). Especially if they're charmed and slip away from keyboard for longer than they really should. Even better if it's without warning...

Convince everyone to tear into the boss and drop it as fast as they can, then laugh as they come back 5 minutes later and find everyone heading to the next boss while they burned through way more charm then they otherwise would have. b:sin
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When I got BB, I seriously NEVER used it. I remember being lower level and someone insisting that I had to BB on Drum boss in TT...I swore I didn't need to and got through it with IH and Chromatic Healing Beam. I just never understood the idea of putting up BB...I guess I don't like the idea that if something goes awry, I'm trapped in my BB and I can't help fix it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I had similar experience although with 3 Venos,BM and Wizard after that I made the choice I will only BB if there is another cleric.I will as well do it in RB and possibly in TT.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I BB in rebirth, and so far thats kindoff it, well i used bb once on lower lvl farren squad that was about to whipe theirselves out cause they agro'd the whole bunch. There are some situations where things get out of hand and im the only cleric, i am willing to put bb up a little to gain control of the situation again. edit: i have used bb on some bosses in TT as well. But i dont use it much

I have met a completely whiped out squad, a cleric friend asked me to come help because they all died. I ran in the with a bm friend, rezzed em all, found out they had died cause the barb insisted the cleric used BB on rankar, wich is ..well.. stupid to say the least.
    Even after explaining why i was not going to use bb he insisted, took me quit a struggle to get him off the idea bb was the only thing that could save him.
    We ended up at Wyvern. he insisted on bb again. I have met a lot of tanks like that really, and when a cleric a little less stubburn then i am ends up with a barb like that they may be convinced it is needed.

I even saw a squad a week ago killing normal mobs by crawing them into the wizards aoe using bb. 2 clerics, and one took over when the other ones bb was stopped. b:surrender
    So yes, bb is used to often, tho if people want to, sure, its their mp theyre burning. The tanks insisting on bb on bosses like Rankar are the ones that agro me b:chuckle
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
    edited February 2010
    Theres no reason why BB cant be abuse used as long as the cleric know WTF their doing and dont mind the mp burn. Big problem if 'tards use them tho...
  • Rainwolf - Harshlands
    Rainwolf - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol please excuse my noobness; i'm new. i don't get how it's bad if bb is used, mp burn aside? unless the other heals work better? can someone please explain thanks :D
    edited February 2010
    lol please excuse my noobness; i'm new. i don't get how it's bad if bb is used, mp burn aside? unless the other heals work better? can someone please explain thanks :D
    well some bosses or mobs can interrupt BB. And as BB is a skill where u just click and then stare at the screen without doing anything, when it suddenly goes down, some clerics are at a loss. Basically precious time is wasted if they are not ready for that next action the instant BB is canceled.... that is my assumption.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    also, thou BB does 50% damage reduction it has no way as much healing as IH or wellspring and its every 5 sec by that time u could have casted 3-4 other heals some bosses have a very hard near aoe so u cant stand by them and BB for melees and some bosses cant be done with BB but i cant remember them right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ill admit, i have put up bb on some noob bosses, but the squad i do that with usally consist of lvl 30 to 50s light and arcane armored classes, so bhs with them make it kinda difficult to keep heals up, especially when they are always trying to fight 10 mobs at once
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Eh there is an old way....let them die b:chuckle
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Eh there is an old way....let them die b:chuckle

Quoted for truth; suicide squads are fun with friends and you all know you can save each other's butts and you all just end up laughing, even if the squad wipes. BHs and the like with total strangers tend to bring more harm. Lol, having started long before genies, it just seemed a lot of players 'power level' and know how to die rather than play their class and then turn and burn the cleric for their death, when, really, in the end, it's their own fault.

Yes, lazy healing is great if you know you're just being lazy. As Deceptistar said, it's a problem when the 'tards abuse it. Also, Rankar, people do realize he does more damage the closer you are to him, right? With a sin's high dexterity, there's no reason they can't pull out a bow and do damage from a distance. b:laugh
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited February 2010
    Quoted for truth; suicide squads are fun with friends and you all know you can save each other's butts and you all just end up laughing, even if the squad wipes. BHs and the like with total strangers tend to bring more harm. Lol, having started long before genies, it just seemed a lot of players 'power level' and know how to die rather than play their class and then turn and burn the cleric for their death, when, really, in the end, it's their own fault.

Yes, lazy healing is great if you know you're just being lazy. As Deceptistar said, it's a problem when the 'tards abuse it. Also, Rankar, people do realize he does more damage the closer you are to him, right? With a sin's high dexterity, there's no reason they can't pull out a bow and do damage from a distance. b:laugh
    sometimes i believe our job is to kill the tards off b:chuckle