Why do attacking classes gain more energy as they lvl?

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Why do attacking classes gain more energy as they level?I have noticed that I made up another Archer which is at lvl 19 with 451mp.I have a sort of main one which is lvl 39 with 845 mp.The lvl 19 only has 5 in mag and the lvl 39 only has 3 in mag.How come the the lvl 39 has more even with less magic?I figure it is by lvling up

I wanted to do this as experiment as I originally put 20 mag in my lvl39 Archer for flying with elven wings.I restated and now has 3 in mag.

I would prefer attacking classes didn't gain any energy as they lvl up.

This would be Archers,Barbarians,Bladmasters and Assassins.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Of course it's by leveling up.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Define "attacking classes".

That would mean clerics shouldn't get extra HP for lvling up. Sounds fair?
    Packs World International
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Define "attacking classes".

That would mean clerics shouldn't get extra HP for lvling up. Sounds fair?
    That is not the same as attacking classes don't need the extra energy and I corrected it look above.Clerics or castors do need the extra hp.
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm surprised you didn't know this. It's quite obvious when you squad with others and you see the amount of mp players have differ according to their level.

And the reason why is that the mp cost of everyone's skills go up.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LoL Mysti, just lol. I would love to see how would archers/barbs/sins/BMs cast their ultis or what ever with no MP.

~think for 1 second before you write

/2xfacepalm
    b:dirty
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wizzies would be considered an "attacking class" right? So they shouldn't get more mp as they lvl as well as from the points they put in mag? They'd be running out of mana a lot faster then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wait... you're saying we shouldn't gain an MP bonus when we level up?

SERIOUSLY?

>.>

Mp is already low enough as is.

Also, you have 7+ characters, and it took you 2 archers to realize it?
    Belligero
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Because higher level skills consume more MP.
    Clerics arent the only classes with high mp skills.
    And just because attacking classes use only normal attacks (except wizard/psychic) in a DUNGEON doesnt mean skills for DDers are useless.

And why do you "prefer" attacking classes gain no MP? Are clerics "holier" than DDers? Wow. I guess clerics are as bad as those big-ego barbs who ask for free wines..
    Judging from the post and the statement in your sig...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010

1. If barbs and BMs have no MP as they level up... oopsies, no heavy armor for you if you actually want to be able to use your skills!

2. Archers barely have enough MP to get by any without **** a charm twice over and using MP pots out the ****. You can kiss goddbye to RB, TT and FC and anything else that requires an archer to remotely use BoA or two or three skills.

3. Wizards have spells that attack too. This makes them an attacking class. Same with clerics. And psychics. Hey, I know! You shouldn't get any mana as you level up too!
    The word you were looking for was: physical

4. It took you two archers to realise this in the first place? What is the world coming to?

Please leave the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That is not the same as attacking classes don't need the extra energy and I corrected it look above.Clerics or castors do need the extra hp.

You need that little mp anyways or have fun ticking your charm more then any other archer or setting around to regian mp.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Wizzies would be considered an "attacking class" right? So they shouldn't get more mp as they lvl as well as from the points they put in mag? They'd be running out of mana a lot faster then.

Wizards are castor class as they use magic to do damage no weapons or physical type of weapons like bow and swords.

The reason I wrote this is because how much time do you spend meditating or going through mp pots when need to.I find on my attacking classes I don't need 8xx mp.Why are some bring cleric into this just because it is my main?
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wizards are castor class as they use magic to do damage no weapons or physical type of weapons like bow and swords.

The reason I wrote this is because how much time do you spend meditating or going through mp pots when need to.I find on my attacking classes I don't need 8xx mp.Why are some bring cleric into this just because it is my main?

lmao do you relize how hard it is to keep BoA going with 2k mp and you want ppl to keep it up with less than 800mp lmfao you relize a lvl 6 BoA uses 400+ mp every 3 secs?.... maybe since you have 2 archers you should learn bout your own skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Again lol, yes they need MP...i would love to see a RB squad with DD's w/o MP for their best skills
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you're an idiot. you just suggested that physical damage classes keep with the base mana from having 5 mag. bms start with 25, barbs 35. i think we're done.

you know why other people bring clerics into this? because you're obviously jealous. why do clerics have to meditate, while other classes don't? the truth is other classes do. you have a bm and a barb, play those higher. wait til you try to aoe grind w/ the bm or tank TTs with the barb, then tell me you don't run out of mana.

better is to suggest lower manacosts for spells, non-reduced regen in combat, or even no manacosts for basic attacks (plume shot, venomous, etc), not **** with other classes
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I grind in human form and I spam skills to kill. I have to use a mp pot every 6 or so mighty swing/slaughter. So yes, we do use mana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ...why in the world do you CARE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LMAO! A barb with 35 mp!?!? b:laugh Level 10 flesh ream uses 43.2 mp...so, what your implying is that the barb doesn't need more than 35 mp... Of course, it wouldn't truly matter that the barb doesn't have 43.2 mp to cast flesh ream as they wouldn't be able to switch to True Form as that (maxed) requires 60 mp. **Even level 2 True Form requires 40 mp**

Yeah, that would work out real well once you level that archer a bit. You'd never be able to squad with a barb and not die; he would have NO CHANCE to keep aggro from archers. Or wizards. Or blademasters. Or venos. Or psychics. Or assassins. Or clerics.

You see now why the "attacking classes" need mp? Unless you want to die ALL THE TIME; they need mp too.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010

And Clerics shouldnt gain HP as they level up .. sounds fair no ?

you know why other people bring clerics into this? because you're obviously jealous. why do clerics have to meditate, while other classes don't? the truth is other classes do. you have a bm and a barb, play those higher. wait til you try to aoe grind w/ the bm or tank TTs with the barb, then tell me you don't run out of mana.

+1

Bm aoe: Highland cleave, drake sweep and Fissure = 506 mana per roughly 5-6 seconds, throw in HF and that adds another 240 mana

So yeah we kinda need mana, and its not like we get a bucket load. At lvl 100 with Mag 9 due to gear I have the grand total of 1993

BTW Demon RoTP takes 175 mana

Cleric: " Quick I got adds STUN them NOWWWWWWWwwwwwww "

Bm: " I cant Sorry Im meditating for mana "
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    me no like no mp for melee classesb:avoid barbarians blademasters archers and assassins NEED the mp for skillsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    heh would be fun, if melee wont get mp due them being able to just hit with basic attacks, while magic jobs wont get hp due them being able to just kite away b:pleased

b:bye casters
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    never say that to a wizzie :D we can kill you just with a look b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ehehehehe... Please tell me you aren't serious.
    *facepalm*
    Now, to be serious. First, you mention 'attacking' classes. Basically, that implies that anyone who attacks shouldn't gain MP as they level. That's like saying that we should use HP for spells and health >< (there was a game like that; it sucked. 'Nuff said.) I dunno what else to say to that.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you said "attacker" classes didn't need extra mana? Wrong =\
    Archers couldn't use half their skills properly... same for bm... i haven't played enough of a barbarian, but i'm confident that they wouldn't either =\
    And as for sins.... they could go invisible for what? 2 second.... 4 if they had a charm =\

Either all classes get boosts to both hp and mana, or no classes should get boosts for hp or mana b:sad
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:chuckle by those standards all barb skills would be completely useless if we leveled them up b:lipcurl so the next time u go into a TT, BH, FB etc. be sure to tell the barb not to use his hp buff, flesh ream,devour, alcracity etc then come back an tell us how long it took u to get heal aggro from the bosses, and how long it took to have a complete party wipe.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My barb at his current level uses up nearly his ENTIRE mp pool using his HP/Phys. attk buffs.

And my sin runs out of MP after 2 PvP encounters.

Mysti the accidental troll strikes again!

But seriously, in all honesty Mysti... if you don't understand the game mechanics after having a lvl7X Cleric, lvl5X Veno, lvl4X BM, lvl3X Archer, lvl3X Barb, lvl3X Wizard, and lvl2X Psychic, then you really need to find a different game, girl. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question was obviously wrong.

Tell them to reduce the mana costs for all the skills of "attacking classes" to 1. Then we will talk.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why do attacking classes gain more energy as they level?I have noticed that I made up another Archer which is at lvl 19 with 451mp.I have a sort of main one which is lvl 39 with 845 mp.The lvl 19 only has 5 in mag and the lvl 39 only has 3 in mag.How come the the lvl 39 has more even with less magic?I figure it is by lvling up

I wanted to do this as experiment as I originally put 20 mag in my lvl39 Archer for flying with elven wings.I restated and now has 3 in mag.

if we didnt gain energy as we lvled up, thered be a bunch of bms and barbs etc running around with 100 mp.

GOOD IDEA when you die cause the barb and bm cant use any skills to save u.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Where do I start?

1) People of Sanctuary, please have your Furnace checked out - I think you have a Carbon Monoxide leak over there of EPIC proportions. There *can't* be enough Oxygen over there to form coherent thoughts.

2)"Attacking Classes"? How do you think clerics kill mobs - smother them with kindness? Do barbs kill mobs by the sheer stench of wet fur? Sweet Jumpin' Jeebus on a Rocket-Powered Pogo Stick, but you're dense.

RedMenace

\It's a "red-letter day"
    \\^ I agree with "Boobie" up there ^
    \\\something wrong on many levels
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I blow through more MP pots as a 89 BM than as a 67 cleric for skill usage. I'm not on my BM in-game ATM, but the mana % usage per skill is higher on my BM for sure. I'll post %s later.

So yes, we DO need extra energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Where do I start?

1) People of Sanctuary, please have your Furnace checked out - I think you have a Carbon Monoxide leak over there of EPIC proportions. There *can't* be enough Oxygen over there to form coherent thoughts.

2)"Attacking Classes"? How do you think clerics kill mobs - smother them with kindness? Do barbs kill mobs by the sheer stench of wet fur? Sweet Jumpin' Jeebus on a Rocket-Powered Pogo Stick, but you're dense.

RedMenace

\It's a "red-letter day"
    \\^ I agree with "Boobie" up there ^
    \\\something wrong on many levels

me are agree with whatshisface. ^(o.o)'
    and....*facepaw*
    b:sweat
    srsly?
    7x + 2 characters just to figure that out?
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]