remember this?

Options
haxorzz
haxorzz Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
xarfox wrote: »
First and foremost, the reason why the price for Guardian Angels has shot through the roof, is because of the addition of Jolly Old Jones, not the Gear Shattering system.

For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

This brings me to the second purpose of Jolly Old Jones, to drain the economy. The last time we had this event, we drained a huge amount of money out of the PWI economy.

Granted that currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game.

Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools.

We also realize that lately it seems like it's been nothing but sale after sale. That's simply because the large content update we had today required a lot of work from the development team, and with the upcoming additions of the Bounty Hunter and Warsong City (very soon) it's easy to see how their plate has been full.

Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.

Lol, remember this post? drain the economy.. Yeah.. right... >.>
Post edited by haxorzz on

Comments

• Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what a load of bs

if they actually cared they would just set the max limit for gold selling to 200k

honestly the **** that comes from pwi's mouth
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what a load of bs

if they actually cared they would just set the max limit for gold selling to 200k

If you actually had a brain you would simply realise they could never do it, why? Well because....

A - People would stop buying zen out of anger.
    B - People would simply bypass the AH and sell gold via WC selling at what ever price they wish.
    C - If they are then banned selling gold via WC people would simply stop buying zen again.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what a load of bs

horrible idea lol.
    b:chuckle
    and me don't even cash shop.
    xD

gold be at current high prices because.....people actually have the coins to buy them at such prices....
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear92
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear92 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    =O Another QQ thread about a failed idea. I'm kinda surprised that this didn't happen sooner seeing as one of these pops up about once every couple weeks.

@ OP - Please, cry more. You're tears help keep my kool-aid from being too sweet. ^.^
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you actually had a brain you would simply realise they could never do it, why because....

A - People would stop buying zen.
    if YOU actually had a brain you would simple realise i never said that they would do it

i am aware that they will not do it because they are greed

read carefully

B - People would sell out of the AH via WC selling at what ever price.
    point B is rendered moot by point C
    C - If they then banned selling gold via WC people would simply stop buying.
    i dont understand this, why would ppl stop buying gold from AH for 200k if they banned selling gold in WC?

you make some interesting points...
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont understand this, why would ppl stop buying gold from AH for 200k if they banned selling gold in WC?

you make some interesting points...

i re-worded my post try again :).

• haxorzz
    edited January 2010
    Options
    =O Another QQ thread about a failed idea. I'm kinda surprised that this didn't happen sooner seeing as one of these pops up about once every couple weeks.

@ OP - Please, cry more. You're tears help keep my kool-aid from being too sweet. ^.^

I'm not crying just stating a fact o.O. Do you have a problem or something?
  • haxorzz
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you actually had a brain you would simply realise they could never do it, why? Well because....

A - People would stop buying zen out of anger.
    B - People simply bypass the AH and sell gold via WC selling at what ever price they wish.
    C - If they are then banned selling gold via WC people would simply stop buying zen again.

I don't know about others but I have already stopped buying gold from AH in game as much as possible. New players, new cash shoppers could make the set gold price work but considering how much GMs love the cash they make I doubt it would ever happen.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    haxorzz wrote: »
    I don't know about others but I have already stopped buying gold from AH in game as much as possible. New players, new cash shoppers could make the set gold price work but considering how much GMs love the cash they make I doubt it would ever happen.

It has nothing to do with GM's as is told every time someone blames them in the forum. Its player greed that sets the amount people wont sell for less than X amount anymore so people who buy gold via AH have to deal with it or simply not buy gold.

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It has nothing to do with GM's as is told every time someone blames them in the forum. Its player greed that sets the amount people wont sell for less than X amount anymore so people who buy gold via AH have to deal with it or simply not buy gold.

this.
    b:surrender
    ....and the fact people can actually afford to pay what the sellers demand.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not crying just stating a fact o.O. Do you have a problem or something?

Why yes, I do. Thanks for asking. b:thanks

People keep making threads quoting that exact same post, saying the exact same things over and over.

- We all know that Jolly Old Jones didn't drain the economy of money
    - We all know that the aforementioned idea was a failure
    - We're all painfully aware of the raising gold prices due to the abundance of coin in circulation

This is all very common knowledge, these threads are the equivalent of making a thread saying; "omg!! I just learned that I can point+click to move instead of using the WSAD keys!"

Same **** that we all know. Just a new thread with a new title.

However I will agree that the gold prices have been a bit out of hand, that's changing for the better now that Anni packs are gone. *knocks on wood*
  • haxorzz
    edited January 2010
    Options

hmmm and who puts in the items that feed the player greed?
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    horrible idea lol.
    b:chuckle
    and me don't even cash shop.
    xD

gold be at current high prices because.....people actually have the coins to buy them at such prices....
    b:sweat

yeh they need to kill coin
    too much coin
    two pronged attack
    they need to implement something that will reduce the amount of coin each player has but it has to be proportional to their wealth
    or make wines, manufacutring etc stuff coin cost less in mats but require some coin as well

we know you dont cash shop
    the current gear you wear is terrible
    im hoping it is teerible because you hve been pouring all your cash into your shiny new hh90 set
    edited January 2010
    Options

The devs. The GM's (Game Moderators) only act like police.

Police enforce the rules that have already been made

Devs (The designers, programmers, etc) are the people that decide what's going to happen. They make the decision to put the Anni packs back into the Boutique, or to release a new feature/take out an old one.
    edited January 2010
    Options

So you are saying because we get knew items its PW's fault that people charge what they do for gold? Wrong!

Gold is what it is because people wont sell for less and people are happy to pay it.

• Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So you are saying because we get knew items its PW's fault that people charge what they do for gold? Wrong!

Gold is what it is because people wont sell for less and people are happy to pay it.

How can you sit there and say that it's all the players fault? the devs OBVIOUSLY knew these items would raise the gold prices dramatically, sure the cash shopper get rich, the GMs get rich but a lot of players get screwed. It ruins the game and the fun. The only people who liked the idea are cash shoppers or idiots..

As for the post I find it ironic how it said they were trying to drain the economy of money then a month later they put in anniversary packs which generates money and inflates the economy... yea GG
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How can you sit there and say that it's all the players fault? the devs OBVIOUSLY knew these items would raise the gold prices dramatically, sure the cash shopper get rich, the GMs get rich but a lot of players get screwed. It ruins the game and the fun. The only people who liked the idea are cash shoppers or idiots..

I don't remember saying i liked the idea did i?

No it isn't the Dev's fault, they provided us with new things. The downfall is player greed and the price they expect for their money you cant blame the dev's for that. Sure anni. packs screwed the economy in ever way possible but mainly because of player greed, CS saw their chance to get rich and they did, still are and will continue to do so.

• Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The devs. The GM's (Game Moderators) only act like police.

Police enforce the rules that have already been made

Devs (The designers, programmers, etc) are the people that decide what's going to happen. They make the decision to put the Anni packs back into the Boutique, or to release a new feature/take out an old one.

if we have a problem with the game we complain to the GMS because they are the only people we can contact

honestly i dont care who decides what happens with packs and sales. i see PWI as a company and i will complain to any PWI representattive.
    its up to them if they wish to redirect the complaints to the appopriate person(a decent comapny would)
    (it is most likely not the devs you , they most likely have a sales/marketing team which deals with financial issues)
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i re-worded my post try again :).

ok know i think i undersatnd what you were trying to say

your reqording didnt help

you meant buy zen with IRL money?

well the whole point is that PWI is greedy

ppl would still buy zen with IRL money just less than before
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if we have a problem with the game we complain to the GMS because they are the only people we can contact

honestly i dont care who decides what happens with packs and sales. i see PWI as a company and i will complain to any PWI representattive.
    its up to them if they wish to redirect the complaints to the appopriate person(a decent comapny would)
    (it is most likely not the devs you , they most likely have a sales/marketing team which deals with financial issues)

Could you not just quit? Please b:surrender.
    Alot of people on these forums are here to help people and discuss things. However, all you do is post BS post after post after post.
    ok know i think i undersatnd what you were trying to say

your reqording didnt help

you meant buy zen with IRL money?

well the whole point is that PWI is greedy

ppl would still buy zen with IRL money just less than before

Hmm you honestly think people would lose 150-250k a gold and accept it just because YOU don't like it? PWE is a business it needs to make money to keep going, the problem is the CS's greed not the dev's or the GM's so no good blaming them. Greed of your fellow gamers is what the problem is nothing more nothing less.

• Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah I wouldn't blame it on devs if packs were only here once... but it's been what? like 5 times now? Oh yeah that's totally not their fault at all... *sarcasm*

Also I did not say you liked the idea of them, sorry if it seemed like that is what i was implementing.. >.<
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah I wouldn't blame it on devs if packs were only here once... but it's been what? like 5 times now? Oh yeah that's totally not their fault at all... *sarcasm*

So PWE is not supposed to maximise there profits? I HATE the anni packs but it made them money and ofcourse they will be here monthly no matter what they think. However, if the Gold sellers decided to sell gold for 150k would anni. packs still be as bad in your eyes?

• Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So PWE is not supposed to maximise there profits? I HATE the anni packs but it made them money and ofcourse they will be here monthly no matter what they think. However, if the Gold sellers decided to sell gold for 150k would anni. packs still be as bad in your eyes?

They are supposed to make sure players in the game are happy with the ideas... They were still making lots of money before anniversary packs too while most players remained happy with the game. If they were 150kea everyone would get end game gear for practically nothing which would be just as bad.. not much left to work for. I hate the idea of them no matter what the gold cost.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They are supposed to make sure players in the game are happy with the ideas... They were still making lots of money before anniversary packs too while most players remained happy with the game. If they were 150kea everyone would get end game gear for practically nothing which would be just as bad.. not much left to work for. I hate the idea of them no matter what the gold cost.

I hate everything about them except cheap herb yuanxiao. However, its not the dev's fault the prices are what they are. That is down to the players.

• RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hum, I think that the fault on high prices of the gold it's not in the "players" but the big guilds, most of the people that buy like 500 gold pieces are the faction leaders. The economy fault of DEV, TEAM is about the marry wine, that here, it costs 100k, that for me it's sooooooooo cheap, the same ammount in pwbr for example, it's 1kk coins, the $$ that you spend there and here are the same, but here you'll get @least 100k in game, and there you'll get 1mil. The dev team have no fault @all, all the boxes/packs costs 1dollar or less, if in coins, it costs a lot more, blame the guilds (that probably HAVE one or two cashers players), but really, I think that 450k/goldpiece still cheap in some boutique itens, but really expensive for materials, those one I rather farming than spend anything, this one you could appoint for dev fault.

anyaway, hell yeah no more anniversary packs! b:angry it's really annoying geting the anual race prize (pegasus cape, or Cloudcharger=> Phys. Res.: +500 - Vitality +10 - Speed +0.2 meters/second -Reduce Physical damage taken +3%) for 1 gold piece, fgs, to get this gear you'll have only ONE chance per year! in other words, only one player should have in each server (except the Raging Tide, that nobody should have) since pwi have less than 2 years (isn't?).
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools.

Now finally. There are some monumental updates on the way for PWI. I cannot go into the specifics of what they are, but I can say that upon having the news of these updates fall upon my ears, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but more excited than I've been for any previous content update/expansion.
    if this were true, Rising Tide would NOT have had oracles for at least a month

now where have I heard this before.. I know.. "BIG CHANGES FOR 2010" it's supposed to be a great year for PWI players, we'll see...
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ahh the never ending Q_Q. But the amount of misinformation by some posters is so awesome that it almost sounds like reality.....not.
    b:dirty
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont understand how so much high lvls dont know anything about PWI economics. Yes PWI set gold price at 200k. It is minimum. If u cant uderstand that then...maybe say nothing b:cute if u telling that PWI is not greedy then prove it. There are more greediness examples. Of course they need make money but stop telling that u need to pay to keep this company running. They earn millions, have several games so they are not poor. And if u pay that doesnt make u a hero or some saver. If they really care anything about their players or ingame economics...they should remove hammers and other thing **** this screwed economy. Yeah that would be nice.

And for those who telling that it is again same QQ thread. Why ppl should not QQ about such things? They made a statement and which is a lie atm. PWI is a company and we are customers. We have a right to QQ. It looks like that now we all need to shut up and just see what will happen. No. If anyone is unhappy then they post in forums about it. Forums are here not for you to post some nonsense but for ppl who wanna share theyr opinion, qq, help and smth like that.
    Oh, and if u hate this topic then dont post. If u hate such topics about QQ about such things, then just leave, skip or just read. You are not forced to post here. Cuz now i have an impression that some ppl posting just to increase theyr post count b:bye
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the funny thing is that anni packs (and the pangu box afterwards, but not before the 3rd release of anni packs) were worth the price. except other **** in the boutique were suddenly too expensive. a lot of people found buying mounts, clothes, even charms, GAs, legendary pets too much and wondered "wtf gives?"

if PWI had done a massive sale of those items (like 1/4 the price) in conjunction with anni packs i bet nobody who bought with coins would complain about it (aside from the usual, wtf endgame gear in boutique), but it would be way cheap to buy it with real money.

then again, would a mount costing 5 dollars instead of 20 cause the game to lose money during a period where people are charging zen a lot anyway for anni packs?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol, no good will come of this thread. Pretty much everything said in it has been repeated elsewhere several times over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com