New Races: Suggestion

Niteshadows - Dreamweaver
Niteshadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
Well here are my ideas on new races/classes:

Vampiric:A race of blood suckers whom feast upon the blood of their victims. They are located northwest of the Harshlands. Come in these classes...

Sanguinarians- they r basically leachers taking the hp of their opponent and add it to their own. there is a downside to this class, their skills consume a lot of mp and have very low elemental defense. they r a up close and personal type of class.

Conjurers- ability to stun enemy at random with potent skills. this ranged class has very low physical defense and low hp but in return may do high spike damage. have high elemental resistance.

my other idea for this race is the HAT system which allows the human race BM's/WIZ's to voluntarily give up blood to the Vampirics. this enables the blood suckers for a short time borrow the skills of a human and using them in battle. should be random, but the higher lvl u r the more of a chance u will get a very good skill. (btw, HAT means: Humans Assisting Thirst)
Post edited by Niteshadows - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    +1 for the Vampire idea, but about the classes Im not 100% sure... needs some more work into it. A vampire class - thats whats missing many mmo's (so far there arent that much/any mmo's with Vampires and Werewolves...)

Hmm the HAT skill... dont know if thats too overpowered and imba somehow.
  • Mystic_fish - Sanctuary
    Mystic_fish - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Tree Elve: they are mystical creatures, about 5.1 ft tall they like too live in hallow trees and top of rather big branches and have elemental attack, they would prefer not to be seen, they lurk in the shadows east of city of the plume.
    edited January 2010
    (continued from Tree Elves) their classes are the "mystic" & "adventerer"
    (the mystic class have lightning, wind and earth damage on their skills and the adventerer have psyical damage on their skills)
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For Vampiric Race
    Err we already have quite a bit on melee DDs and elemental DDs.

Instead of Conjurer have it as Summoner. I believe they would be more akin to a venomancer who can summon monsters. However these monsters cannot be healed like how a veno has pet heal but rather just appear and are killed once killed.

They would have a summon monster skill which would randomly summon 1 monster from their pet bag to DD for them. When killed they would just be stowed in (instead of dying). 10 lvls of the skill starting from lvl9 and each level lets them select a particular mob to occupy 1 slot in their pet bag.

For Tree Elves
    I think the present ones already live in trees :P

And now my own
    Cybernetics

They are a futuristic race which entered our world through a dimensional portal opened by the wraiths.

Demolisher - basically wield large guns/cannons/bazookas/etc which have high physical damage but long cooldowns and cast times

Gunslinger - wield chainguns, dual pistols, dual machine guns to attack at incredibly fast speeds but low damage.

PS: None of these will ever get implemented but I dont mind the thought of it :D
    edited January 2010
    i REALLY want the Tree Elve race/class to come out thats why i posted it
  • Niteshadows - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    again, my opinion is self explanatory. if u don't like it then add more to it. that's how all of the other races were formed. o.o
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    For Vampiric Race

Instead of Conjurer have it as Summoner. I believe they would be more akin to a venomancer who can summon monsters. However these monsters cannot be healed like how a veno has pet heal but rather just appear and are killed once killed.

They would have a summon monster skill which would randomly summon 1 monster from their pet bag to DD for them. When killed they would just be stowed in (instead of dying). 10 lvls of the skill starting from lvl9 and each level lets them select a particular mob to occupy 1 slot in their pet bag.

Vampire Summoner. Thats good, but it shouldnt have anything to do with the pets venos can tame, would be better if they could summon ghosts and such (nothing with taming, those are skills) Voidwalker, Black Wolves, Astral Dragons (small ones, no chinese ones, walking on the ground with folded wings) etc. And give those summoners some less powerful healing skills (based on sucking blood, sharing blood and such) and we got a veno/cleric hybrid. Isnt that nice?
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    @Silvychar
    I've already mentioned no pet heals :P

Anyways I guess different skills for summoning different creatures would be nice. Apart from that I guess they can have a few ranged physical/magical attacks.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol, I was thinking vampire a long time ago. They will be on the left side of the map (which is sand right?). So a sand class? Zombie? 8D

A zombie will be slow like a barb/cleric and I'm thinking magic class maybe. Curse of the Mummy as a name of a skill XD
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Vampires would need a blood sucking skill for when an opponents hp is low b:thanks

bloody claws, able to transform into bats/wolfs/war wolfs b:shocked

war wolf would give a % in attack increase and hp increase, lasts say... 30 seconds? b:thanks
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    @Silvychar
    I've already mentioned no pet heals :P

Oops, soz xD Thats why I hadnt mentioned it before in my post when I read it again ^^
    bloody claws, able to transform into bats/wolfs/war wolfs

Oh yeah, a vampire summoner/(healer)/morph class, that would be awesome... and godlike ;..; Wanna play one :D

And what about a melee healer class? A vampire, who shares blood with companions and such o.o Melee healer ftw.
  • Silverdrop - Lost City
    Silverdrop - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What about a race that's better in air than on land? Like, a flying race, with a flying city, hovering far above the earth. Like the elves, they would be able to fly from lvl 1, but I think these should be even better at flying. Instead of walking, they could always hover a little above the ground, and use wind skills and such things.

I don't have ideas for classes now, but the race would have been cool. o3o
  • kotarofuuma
    kotarofuuma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    for the race that specializes in air, i think theyl be at a disadvantage in caves..

--- im thinking about sand people.. -_- that once lived far west near sundown..
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i am so sick of vampire **** b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i would luv to see vampire, zombie,& werewolves(forgot how to spell it) type races they could have like been risen from the dead by the wraiths but they actually had a will of their own so they were casted out into the middle of no where would be rlly cool i wnts those races noooooooowb:angryb:dirty
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Sand Vampires and Sand Zombies. Werewolves are suppose to be barbarians (True forms FTW!). So their story would be like what anwynd said.

Vampire could be a magic or light class. (I'm think more light than magic or a half-half). Oh and for meditate, they go in a coffinb:chuckle

Zombie would have a leech skill like a vampire I'm guessing with close range. For meditation it could be a coffin too but a different style than vampire (add wrappings around them or something).

@Sheeba: You're only sik of it is because that stupid movie/book screwed them up. -.- Sparkle is sunlight as if.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You know what I'd like to see?

People waiting for a few months before suggesting new races.

I've just gotten used to working with fish instead of eating them...I don't need any other food groups workin' their way up to my level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited January 2010

I've just gotten used to working with fish instead of eating them...I don't need any other food groups workin' their way up to my level.

A zombie is a food group? Lol

We're sugesting because we will have what we want by the time the programmers,devs, ect. decides to have another expansion =^^=
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A zombie is a food group? Lol

We're sugesting because we will have what we want by the time the programmers,devs, ect. decides to have another expansion =^^=

You'd be surprised. Research shows that eating zombies not only provides a stimulus in enhanced learning capabilities, but a longer lifespan...normally because you kill the zombie before it kills you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Exkaede - Lost City
    Exkaede - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol @ eating zombies :P

I really think like konariraiden that we should wait a while and see how tideborns play out, (69/heaven/hell skills plox?), before adding new classes. and I would rather like to see more land and instances then another new race...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to see a race whose powers are based on Time.
    An ancient race of creatures whose ethereal existence transcend the boundaries of time and space.

I imagine them as the architects of the Chrono Wheel and their introduction can involve a quest line about a growing rift in time. Their starter city can be in the past I think, perhaps in a precursor to Archosaur or Thousand Streams.

I'm not too sure of their skills but they could be centered around:
    -Teleportation
    -Petrify
    -Slow
    -Immobilize
    -Void based attacks

Stealth of course would not work at all against them since they can perceive hidden dimensions in space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2010
    Sparksman:the Sparksman is a race lost in time, they were miners looking for valubles(such as gold, diamonds and stuff) they found a emerald and they did not know what it was so they picked it up and they disappeared in time.
    sparksman skill tree (some of the ones i thought of)
    emerald spark: conjures a spark dealing 100 damage to the selected target
    time worp:worping to a different time(random safe zone)
    time sommon:sommon a random monster from the past,present and furture to attack your target
    axe throw: throws an axe at your target dealing 99 damage and slows 10% of targets speed

(all of the skills above are for the miner class(sparksman race)
    edited January 2010
    (continued from the sparksman race)skills tree for excuvator
    mine bomb: plants a bomb dealing 300 damage to all monsters with in 3 meters
    spark of light:increaces 20 of base skill attack
    stone spark: conjures a spark dealing 70 damage to your target
    (and others that develapors think of)
  • Mortificator - Heavens Tear
    Mortificator - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How about a race that is made more out of energy then bio-mats. Like a ghost like look but more magical looking and have their 2 classes one the can summon spirits from the niether world (maybe element beings) and have the other class summon up their weapons for the niether world so they don't have to buy them and make them both have skills to learn instead of armor or have magical stones in place of armor.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010

You'd be surprised. Research shows that eating zombies not only provides a stimulus in enhanced learning capabilities, but a longer lifespan...normally because you kill the zombie before it kills you.

lmfao, man that is awesome
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Well here is my idea

Forest Serpents

Look;
    ~Humanoid shape
    ~ scaled( npcs are green scaled, but created characters may have any colored scales)
    ~ black eyes, no pupils
    ~ slits for a nose
    ~ 2 large fangs instead of teeth
    ~ long forked tongue
    ~ long claws instead of fingernails/toenails

Position; south of tusk town and west of the new tide born place. i want a rectangle map again, not this weirdo shape we have atm >=[

~A dark forest with many rivers and lagoons.

~Main city is underground with buildings made out of tree roots and with underwater streams running through the place

Classes;

Temple guard
    A second tank class that is not better or not worse than a barb, simply different.
    Weapon would be a single handed axe and a shield, similar to how magic weapons add both physical and magic defense an club and shield would have physical attack and both defenses. Their attack would be a fair bit lower than current axes in perfect world.

Ritualist
    A second healer class, not better or worse than a cleric, simply different giving squads more choice in who they take and not forcing all squads to be the same.
    Weapon could just be magic weapons.

lol i'mma stop now before i get too carried away, i will however add my ideas for skills in a later post
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For a summon skill they could summon up the dead. X3 ZOMBIES!! b:laugh

(if anyone else said it, I only read a few posts, so sorry if I doubled it up. :P )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just a side note for people saying don't suggest new races:

They've had the Tideborn planned for years before they were released (allegedly at least). None of these suggestions are going to be implemented in the next couple of months anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Temple guard skills

Python slam
    Learned at: innate
    Prerequisite: nothing
    Cool down: 6 seconds
    Description: strike the target with your shield

deals base physical damage +xxx. Has a 10% +skill level times 1.5% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds

Wounding Blow
    Learned at: level 3
    Cool down: 3 seconds
    Description: an over head strike with your club

deals base physical damage +xxx physical damage and slightly increases your threat level.

Soul of the Serpent
    Learned at: level 6
    Cool down: 5 seconds
    Description: party buff

Increases your own and all surrounding party members mana regen rate by skill level x 2 per second
    Different icon to cleric mana regen skill

Python bash
    Learned at: level 9
    Prerequisite: Python slam
    Cool down: 3 seconds
    Description: A viscous attack with your shield

deals base physical damage +50% + 5% x skill level weapon damage +xxx physical damage. greatly increases your threat level

requires 25 chi

Forest walker
    Learned at: level 9
    Prerequisite: Soul of the serpent
    Cool down: 5 seconds
    description: party buff

Increases movement speed of yourself and all surrounding party members by 0.2 x skill level meters per second

Cobra strike
    Learned at: level 12
    Prerequisite: Wounding blow
    cool down: 15 seconds
    Description: a quick strike

deals base physical damage +50% +5% per skill level weapon damage +xxx physical damage. decreases targets physical and magic attack by 10% + 1.5% per skill level, lasts for 10 seconds
  • Bladespelll - Heavens Tear
    Bladespelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmmmm i would suggest that you change the mana regen one to the other class you suggested, because although it would be useful, magic users need mana more then tanks.
    With His Armor(Ephesians 6:13), I go into battle.