Posting on alts

Comments

• eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i would post with my main but its banned but other avatar on same acc is not banned oO
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kinda annoying, its like you sit behind a monitor so you can say w/e you want while feeling anonymous, then you hide behind a fake avatar to further hide from ruining some kind of e-rep.. Feels like everyone is doing it now, is there any other reason besides above that I don't know about..? Just bored/semi curious I guess b:question
    What is the point of this beyond a strange rant? What you talk about is the epitome of the internet, and I don't see you giving your real name out so people know who you are -- otherwise you're sitting behind a monitor and posting anonymously complaining about anonymous posters yourself. It may not be evident to you, but to me this is deliciously ironic, and why I can't take your post seriously.
  • kittennice
    kittennice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Me Kittennice. Me no see difference.

I see it as a way to prevent flames outside of forums.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or just that it's on default. Honestly if you get angry over a picture then you need medical treatment. Let them use whatever. Everyone just pick-picks over everything. Whatever the reason let it be their problem not your's.

Plus, everything is an alt. I doubt that any person only has one character on their account.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or just that it's on default. Honestly if you get angry over a picture then you need medical treatment. Let them use whatever. Everyone just pick-picks over everything. Whatever the reason let it be their problem not your's.

Plus, everything is an alt. I doubt that any person only has one character on their account.

thats true...but however...how comes that my venos avatar is banned on this same account but this not ? =)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *Sigh* You really are a complete idiot aren't you i mean seriously, everything said about the spineless idiot on faceless avatars or people with smaller balls than a new born tadpole is being proven right by you alone,you my friend are pathetic and should be replaced by someone who has some use in these forums as you have none.

Before you repeat yourself again im not raging im just simply pointing out your an idiot.

LOLUMAD

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited January 2010
    thats true...but however...how comes that my venos avatar is banned on this same account but this not ? =)

Sorry I haven't been banned before so I don't know. Also that doesn't go to anything I said >.> Are you agreeing with me?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited January 2010
    Sorry I haven't been banned before so I don't know. Also that doesn't go to anything I said >.> Are you agreeing with me?

sure i agree :P
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm not going to bother switching my avatar to sit whatever discussion I join, so I've simply stuck to using this one.

Besides, a large majority of us have come to realize that avatar level is no longer very meaningful. Would anyone in the Wizard forum take skill advice from... say... Specialmats? No? Why not; he does have a level 100 avatar!
    edited January 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    I'm not going to bother switching my avatar to sit whatever discussion I join, so I've simply stuck to using this one.

Besides, a large majority of us have come to realize that avatar level is no longer very meaningful. Would anyone in the Wizard forum take skill advice from... say... Specialmats? No? Why not; he does have a level 100 avatar!

Specialmats is an oracle nab :P
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Specialmats is an oracle nab :P

I'm pretty sure everyone who checks the Wizard section knows that by now, hence using him as an example to prove my point. b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Ya, level doesn't matter and such. I don't even know if this was a fake topic or not. It honestly doesn't matter to me, you're still "hiding" behind something. That unless all those who use their mains can really have courage and give their real name, pic, and address lol. This is a topic that really shouldn't be a discussion.

I request thread close plox
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kinda annoying, its like you sit behind a monitor so you can say w/e you want while feeling anonymous, then you hide behind a fake avatar to further hide from ruining some kind of e-rep.. Feels like everyone is doing it now, is there any other reason besides above that I don't know about..? Just bored/semi curious I guess b:question

:O well nearly all the older players of my server know my barb (this is my barbie*waves*) and i say w/e i want on the forums .... but yeah i have noticed that. D: kinda lame
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I guess one of the reasons I don't like it is when people offer advice ... but when they are posting on some alt, the lowbie really has no way of knowing who is more credible and may get the wrong idea.

This is a valid point, but to a large degree it's still up to the reader to read critically and use common sense about whether the poster knows what he or she is talking about. And similarly, if someone isn't posting on their main, it's up to them to establish their credentials if they want to be taken seriously.

Two of the best posters on the venomancer forum are Solandri (level 40 barbarian avatar) and tweakz (question mark avatar). I respect their posts because I've read enough to establish that they both have high level venomancers and know what they're talking about. And by contrast, I've read plenty of posts by 9x and 10x venomancers that are utter nonsense.

The one thing I would disagree with in your post is the claim that the lowbie has no way of knowing who is more credible. First, if the person is posting on an alt, they're clearly less credible, at least until they prove otherwise. That's their (my) fault and their choice. Second, if you think the person is wrong, nothing is preventing you from saying so on your level 98 wizard and using that obvious experience to back up your claims.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have alts but mainly because know will switch from main once hit certain lvl
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its called /b/ syndrome. these kids think 'anon' is so cool, that they have to be one. its supposed to be an anti conformist thing to stand up against those that'd censor our rights to freedom of expression, but these same ideals lead everyone to meld into a single cohesive conformist group.

'we have to spam internet jargon and repeat overly used cliche memes to feel cool!'

they take off their masks and show what humanity is for itself, garbage. they can hide behind their little facades and display little nuances of ****. they vehemently go out of their way to try and evoke feelings of self worthlessness, hate, anger frustration etc. it truly is a sad sight to behold how they are what they fight against.

they are legion, they do not forgive, they do not forget, or so they say.
    attention monger quotes herself Q_Q
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, whatever.

But if you guys hide behind an alt and pretend to be level 90+ and throw out nonsense advice acting like you're pro.... I will completely disregard you. And so will most people. That's all.
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I guess I do post with an alt now, but that was never my intention... I only have 2 characters in PWI.. this and my barb... only reason this is an alt now is because I find playing my barb more fun and he has taken over as my main... but... just because I don't switch over my avatar to post with, does that make what I have to say any less relevant? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

meh just dont mind paranoic people. I wonder if they think that someone will hunt them throughout the huge world of PW just because they posted something someone doesnt like? go take your paranoia pill, paranoidb:bye

and if its because they want to post something bad about PWI itself but dont want their main to be banned or sth, there is something called IP. FEAR IT AND WORSHIP IT!
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    their are tricks to change your ip
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    their are tricks to change your ip

I know but i doubt youll be constantly changing it to play 2 different accounts. besides do you think you can outsmart all the technicians at PWI? they have some scary hocus-pocus b:shocked
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    know ppl who do it for other mmorpg i never done it no reason it it means my tweak laptop would be tweak. Like tweak system better

• TheChoosenGr - Heavens Tear
    TheChoosenGr - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just edit my profile! xD b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010

gms always know who is who cuz they can check IPs
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like posting on fake avatars so I can talk trash, troll, etc without messing up my e-rep b:cute
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    +2

Especially the ones who back up their flaming by talking like they know everything about the game, or claiming to have "a level 103 barb" or w/e.

If you're a faceless alt you're a nobody until you prove otherwise and that's that.

+ billion gagillion fullfillion on that b:laugh
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To OP - some of us have mains that are banned from the forums.. get used to it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To OP - some of us have mains that are banned from the forums.. get used to it. lol

Lol and who's fault is that? BINGO i think you got it so Bye Bye. b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Remember that circumventing a forum ban can get your game account banned. If you want to discuss or dispute a ban, please contact me or submit a ticket.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I dunno what a circumventing is...
    Im just saying you cant think that all alts are just here to troll from anonymous accounts. Thats just not all of it.

sometimes we say stupid things and think we are sticking up for some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]