Marriage Quest

Options
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I did brief reading on the subject and didn't find my answer so I'm posting.

The marriage quest system wasn't implemented til I was well over lvl 80. I know that a lvl 20 (required level to get married) could not complete the same quests that I have to complete.

Are the quests different for the lower level married people or is there a certain level in which you can gain the quests for being married?

I have other characters, all of them lower level then this one; I might want to get married on :)

Anyone who has a lower lvl or is a lower level that can confirm any of this for me I'd appreciate it.

Or an official post from a GM might be nice as well.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by OneHottShot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    both charaters have to be lvl 30+ I would imagine it is because some quests require you to fly (like yesterday's)
    I dont know if there is different quests for lower levels i am married on two charaters this one and my barb. i am married to my bf's low level cleric he was lvl 42 when we started the marriage quests. My barb is married to his higher level veno so they are lvl 65/90 respectively.

both quests on the same day are the same quest so i tend to believe it is one quest per day and that quest is held of the same day each week

just some observasions
    for a veno+ anything they are really easy, pets dont have nerfed damage so they die fast.
    for a cleric+cleric they really suck and i have actually died a couple times until i realized if i get in melee range they dont hit as hard, so assuming that would apply to all ranged+ranged couples.

the quest with the flying critters you have to kill they drain mana, i think percentage based i went through about one jaiozi per mob on my cleric but didnt have problems on my barb he only lost about 25% of his mana using normal attacks

the boss up between shining tide and shattered jade shore is nearly imposiable with a low lvl cleric/ high level cleric combo we only completed it with someone killing the ones he spawns for us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The level spread does not matter as the exp reward is based off of the level. As long as both of the characters are the level for the quest (I thought it was 40), you can get one quest a day.

There are 7 different marriage quests and they are the same regardless of the level and change from day to day. Meaning that you will get one of 7 quests each day you pick one up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi there. I've asked around and the word is level 30. This is the level you have to be to get these quests, remember that both of you must be level 30, and only the squad leader will see the quest icon b:victory
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    despite the whole ? level on those marriage quest monsters, they are very easy to kill. at most the little bosses do ~216 damage on me on very rare occassions, theyre mostly 1s.

the only thing annoying is that all of them have mana drain, so my woman cant DD until ive gone for a bit on it :P no bleed/other skills to use to keep up in damage with 0 Mp 24/7.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well at lvl 90 the batwing things hit me for I know over 100. If they hit me for that much I know they'd hit a lvl 30 etc.. much harder.

If everyone gets the same marriage quest regardless of lvl, it might be difficult for the low lvls to complete the quest. Which stinks!
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    Tutmozis - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, level count. I am 94 Archer, my wife 82 Cleric, and of course I am the one who Tank, and it happend two times so far that I died while I Tank boss b:cry

But, 460k XP is nice for me ^^, she get around 250k XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, level count. I am 94 Archer, my wife 82 Cleric, and of course I am the one who Tank, and it happend two times so far that I died while I Tank boss b:cry

My husband (88 barb) actually died at the bats. Of course he ran thru about 8 of them and they killed him rather quickly. I'm just sayin if they hit us at 100+ or higher, they are going to hit lower lvls much harder. I don't see how a low lvl would be able to complete the quest.

My husband just lvld up to lvl 88. I get 360k exp per day now and he gets around 325k. Its a nice trade off for spending 60.00 to get married. Basically marriage now serves a better function than just a name over your head in game.

However; I feel they went all wrong and the wedding ring idea would have been great to give when we got married. With the extra "rep" being the prize in the marriage quests instead. Either way, I'm not going to complain. After a year of being married with no perks, I'm elated we now have some!
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well I guess theres some sort of dmg regulation based on levels otherwise it would almost impossible for the 3x and 4x characters to even attempt the quests that involve killing monsters.

@OneHotShott
    I get hit a little over 100* at 77 as well. So given that i would definitely have crappier equips compared to you, its safe to say the damage would be decreased for the lower lvl peeps :).

On a side note, I think my wife gave the bats a nick of something like "birds on crack" cos they just go zapzapzapzapzapzap if you allow them to hit. Well lucikly shes a veno b:dirty so I just sit back and pewpew away and taking on any adds that attack her.

Only once did i die. That stupid boss near nameless island. The darn thing was hitting pretty low and then suddenly just took away 50% of my HP b:angry. Maybe it didnt like me fighting from melee range.

So far we've done
    1.) Lonely Wife - need to go kill the general near shattered jade shore
    2.) Nameless Island - Spider mobs and boss
    3.) Monument Pillar quest - the weird birds at peach blossom grove near sanc
    4.) Cho Wenchum - The one in Arch
    5.) Allies Camp one - you just collect flowers and travel between Angler's and Allies camp
    6.) Rescue the children - The one where u need to kill 2 bosses and i think one of them has a HP debuff.

Dont know the 7th one. Somebody care to remind me or let me know?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So far we've done
    1.) Lonely Wife - need to go kill the general near shattered jade shore
    2.) Nameless Island - Spider mobs and boss
    3.) Monument Pillar quest - the weird birds at peach blossom grove near sanc
    4.) Cho Wenchum - The one in Arch
    5.) Allies Camp one - you just collect flowers and travel between Angler's and Allies camp
    6.) Rescue the children - The one where u need to kill 2 bosses and i think one of them has a HP debuff.

Dont know the 7th one. Somebody care to remind me or let me know?

7) Outside of Hidden Orchid. You have to kill the Mantis things and then a Boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah thanks yes, failed that one since I got dc b:angry

Thats something i dont like about the marriage quests. I mean why should it fail if the leader switches after getting the quest? :( Cant it be like one of those BHs or CSes which still remain in your quest log till u finish it? I mean it could be so that you will able to kill or talk to the npcs only if the couple are both there.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

get in melee range, which I know lowers your damage as an archer but it does help at least for me in a cleric(93)/cleric(50ish) squad. Their melee hits are only 1pt the dot is alot more but they do it less close up

Ah thanks yes, failed that one since I got dc b:angry

Thats something i dont like about the marriage quests. I mean why should it fail if the leader switches after getting the quest? :( Cant it be like one of those BHs or CSes which still remain in your quest log till u finish it? I mean it could be so that you will able to kill or talk to the npcs only if the couple are both there.
    I have had my partner DC and still had the quest when he relogged i just readded him since i was squad leader
    however as squad leader you activate the quests so i assume that is why it would fail if you switch. it reads it as you made a new squad with a new person sorta same as if you add a third person to squad

be glad its not as strict as JD, male only leader, can not dc ect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the 1 were u have to kill those spiders for tessa is most annoying quest. im married with a 100 wiz and we kinda have to keep it stunned/knocked back cause of its hits (when i have aggro). i get hit 1,4k+ by it and it eats 7k+ hp pretty fast, for a barb/bm it would be kinda twice as much. compared that as lvl 98 to let say a lvl 30 then its impossable for a lvl 30 couple to kill it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the 1 were u have to kill those spiders for tessa is most annoying quest. im married with a 100 wiz and we kinda have to keep it stunned/knocked back cause of its hits (when i have aggro). i get hit 1,4k+ by it and it eats 7k+ hp pretty fast, for a barb/bm it would be kinda twice as much. compared that as lvl 98 to let say a lvl 30 then its impossable for a lvl 30 couple to kill it.

My alt was doing it at 50...but you are right, it is obnoxious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My alt was doing it at 50...but you are right, it is obnoxious.

i remember the first time i had that quest it was also the very first daily i could do (cho was still bugged) the spider boss got me killed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i remember the first time i had that quest it was also the very first daily i could do (cho was still bugged) the spider boss got me killed b:chuckle

I saw a Level 100 Mage die to the Chinling Governor LOLOLOLOL....was epic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I saw a Level 100 Mage die to the Chinling Governor LOLOLOLOL....was epic

b:surprised thats rly epic,, that governer doesnt even ticks my charm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anymuh - Heavens Tear
    Anymuh - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BTW, you have to keep the "couple" squad (male lead, female member) only until you speak with the first NPC in the quest line, after that each quest is treated individually for kill/collect counters. At that point you can disband and/or invite other people to make certain things easier...
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    get in melee range, which I know lowers your damage as an archer but it does help at least for me in a cleric(93)/cleric(50ish) squad. Their melee hits are only 1pt the dot is alot more but they do it less close up

I have had my partner DC and still had the quest when he relogged i just readded him since i was squad leader
    however as squad leader you activate the quests so i assume that is why it would fail if you switch. it reads it as you made a new squad with a new person sorta same as if you add a third person to squad

be glad its not as strict as JD, male only leader, can not dc ect

My partner or w/e keeps d/cing during the marriage quest so I've stopped doing it with him. One time he d/c'd during a quest and relogged and he still had it. But when he finished, he got no reward for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My partner or w/e keeps d/cing during the marriage quest so I've stopped doing it with him. One time he d/c'd during a quest and relogged and he still had it. But when he finished, he got no reward for it.

Thankfully I've not had this happen. But it should be like any other quest, if it goes away due to incompletion you should be able to pick it back up. Hope they fix that.

thnx about the heads up on the dmg being less if I'm closer, I'll try that. :)

And a lvl 100 should not die doing any of these quests. That leaves little hope for the rest of us. Some of them tick my charm pretty good. The exp though is so good at this level I really have to keep doing them or else I'd give up.

thnx for all the input so far, I appreciate it.
  • svedese
    svedese Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi there. I've asked around and the word is level 30. This is the level you have to be to get these quests, remember that both of you must be level 30, and only the squad leader will see the quest icon b:victory
    Does this mean married players from lvl 20 to 30 get no benefits from their marriage?
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    svedese wrote: »
    Does this mean married players from lvl 20 to 30 get no benefits from their marriage?

Dunno, but you can level from 20 to 30 in 2-4 day without oracles (just play few hours/day).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just noticed the "matrimony madness" sale. Absolutely disgusted me. Marriage in pwi is now purely being used to entice players with huge-exp quests to sell marriage packs. The entire meaning of it is pretty much gone. :/
    edited January 2010
    Options
    svedese wrote: »

Well since GM confirmed that marriage quests start at lvl 30, then you can assume that is correct.
  • Tutmozis - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just noticed the "matrimony madness" sale. Absolutely disgusted me. Marriage in pwi is now purely being used to entice players with huge-exp quests to sell marriage packs. The entire meaning of it is pretty much gone. :/

Yeah, its business.

I take my wife long before these quests, but I am happy for this XP. However, pursuing people to marriage, even with your friend (as PW stated) for XP, is pure business :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear
    DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For some reason I was not able to complete the wedding quest yesterday or today. Yesterday my husband did not finish it, i thought there was something wrong in general, they will fix it... today he finished and received the reward. I am wondering if there is something we can do to fix this.b:sad

And btw, no i did not DC, had plenty of room in my inventory, and did not leave, invite more, or change squad.
    I would like to hear ANY suggestions that may interfere with completing this damn quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life's a bish, so live her right, Maybe someday she'll treat you nice. b:mischievousb:victory
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nice necro. You scared the **** out of me and made me think spoons was back.

Also, did you submit a ticket?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOVE the marriage quests. being 87 (and a veno with herc) and my hubby 75... we've never had any of these issues... I guess it pays to be a veno afterall :)

They surely can't make them completely un-challenging! I like the fact that some of them are a bit of a challenge.

I'd prefer that to more pointless travelling and talking between NPCs...