Calling all factions...

Comments

• Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I do know that the faction "Zulu" in Harshlands already has one. Looks kind of like a demon ghost thingie. That's the only one I've seen so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok, so the transparency thing didn't work on ours >.< Gonna have to re-submit it with some changes and see if that fixes it :(
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its a 16x16 bitmap right? .bmps don`t support transparent pixels last time I checked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    16 x 16 BMP.... and yea, BMP supports transparency if it's 32bit with an alpha channel.. (that's what I did wrong on our first one... lol)
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i got my icon changed
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • jekkob
    jekkob Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Alpha channel?
    Leader of Letum
    Letum ~ Latin for Death
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what? whats that
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
    IDoomblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its always been .bmp

Well that was the word on the forums before the latest patches... and they actually implemented it. Anyways, doesn't matter...
    i really wish they didnt add this feature. there are a few guilds on my server already with it and i cringe when i see them. morir with a stupid skull icon, some other guild with some red garbage. i really dont know why people think this stuff looks good. it's just clutter, and honestly, makes the game look low-class. kind of like a flea market on some narrow side street.

Some icons actually look nice... I love ours, and the default icon is lame...

Think for yourself - Question authority

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jekkob
    edited January 2010
    16 x 16 BMP.... and yea, BMP supports transparency if it's 32bit with an alpha channel.. (that's what I did wrong on our first one... lol)

WTF is this alpha channel you speak of?
    Leader of Letum
    Letum ~ Latin for Death
  • jekkob
    edited January 2010
    rokkwarr wrote: »
    For people not in the know with BMP formats and transparencies using a BMP format the RGB color code for a BMP transparency is 255, 0, 255. AKA "Magic Pink"

as for transparencies using a Alpha channel on a BMP format, that is not able to be processed. the transparent color is what I listed above. Most if not all image software will throw out the alpha channel upon saving the file as a BMP. (for most game formats, the "Magic Pink" color is whats always been a BMP transparency color though it usually leaves "hard" edges on the images)

Save as what? 256 Color .BMP or what?
    Leader of Letum
    Letum ~ Latin for Death
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    s_541273.jpg
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In our server a lot of factions have been getting their logos already. We have quite a few factions with logos, from TW factions and to smaller, never heard of factions (which I do find amusing to be perfectly honest).

But I am interested in one thing. It was repeatedly stated that we are only to send 16x16 .bmp files, no alpha/magic pink layers added (and yes, magic pink leaves a harsh seam/edge anyway). Then again, one faction in our server has a logo with transparent layer. Now I'm a professional graphic designer so its no brainer to me on how to achieve that, but PWI stated they will not accept such logos.

Not that I mind them having it and I don't wish for it to be removed, but if one gets it - all should be able to if they have the knowledge on how to achieve that.

Our faction followed the instructions and so did everyone else, but this faction so I'm baffled. Can someone with a bit more knowledge explain this to me?

EDIT:
    In order to submit a ticket on the perfect world website/support page for a personalized guild icon change you need to have the following:

1)Submitter must be the guild leader.
    2)Submitter must send in a screenshot of your guilds roster showing that the guild is a level 3 faction. [should probably say what server you're on too]
    3)The image must be sent in as a 32 bit BMP format and must be 16x16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    4)If you would like it as a transparent back ground please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.

* add an Alpha-channel to your image (using Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel)
    * select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of or use the magic wand

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

[this was PWI admin's response to my question about Transparencies in faction logos]

A lot has sent theirs before this was stated. Sigh. Is it too much to ask that everyone get the same info when its released?
  • Verrith - Sanctuary
    Verrith - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So I take it you need a program other than paint to achieve this alpha channel effect. My computer has nothing but games on it...maybe I should invest in some other programs?
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So I take it you need a program other than paint to achieve this alpha channel effect. My computer has nothing but games on it...maybe I should invest in some other programs?

www.gimp.org/

This is what Enrage uses though, (altogether superior technology imho)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't even need to click the link.

It's obviously some form of Rickroll...LIKE ALWAYS.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:scorn

NO U b:angryb:angry
  • Dannett - Sanctuary
    Dannett - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have a icon to send....but where do i send it...lolb:chuckle
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i have a icon to send....but where do i send it...lolb:chuckle

In a ticket i presume.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bump to bring this back up. People who haven't got an icon and wish to submit one need to do so the 'cue' will fill up. Otherwise it may be months before anyone who has subbed since they last dumped the cue in the game will get their icons.

~S
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone done this and it work?

If you add the alpha channel what color should be the background. Some people are saying black, some white. b:surrender

I don't want my guild to submit then it turn out looking like b:fatb
    b:bye
  • Blue_Envy - Heavens Tear
    Blue_Envy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I understand that this entire thread has been discussing the steps that need to be taken in order to submit our icons for our factions. However, what I have yet to see is where exactly that I need to go in order to submit this logo. I understand that I need a screenshot of my faction info, and that I need to submit the logo in a certain format and size. I have all of that. What I don't know, is where in the support section am I supposed to submit this? I assumed I would submit it through the ticket system, but under "Select the Problem" there isn't an option for submitting a faction icon. So, instead of giving the so called "instructions" that don't answer my question, can someone please tell me where I am supposed to go, or what option I am supposed to select?
  • TheHessian - Sanctuary
    TheHessian - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    time for a new thread lol
  • Wolf_Whisper - Sanctuary
    Wolf_Whisper - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Here is my current problem with faction icons (logos).. the original leader of the lvl 3 faction i am a member of has left the game and put another in the leader position .. before he left he submitted an icon for the faction logo, as a trial, to see how it worked. He then chose another icon and submitted it 2 weeks later. As yet, the icon has not changed.

1. Are we stuck with the icon we have or can it be changed ..
    2. Has it not been changed because leadership of the faction has changed ..
    3. Does the new leader need to re-submit the icon ticket request?

Help would be greatly appreciated concerning this issue.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    rokkwarr wrote: »
    For people not in the know with BMP formats and transparencies using a BMP format the RGB color code for a BMP transparency is 255, 0, 255. AKA "Magic Pink"

as for transparencies using a Alpha channel on a BMP format, that is not able to be processed. the transparent color is what I listed above. Most if not all image software will throw out the alpha channel upon saving the file as a BMP. (for most game formats, the "Magic Pink" color is whats always been a BMP transparency color though it usually leaves "hard" edges on the images)
    For anyone trying to make part of their icon transparent, the information in this post just above is WRONG! You can have an alpha channel on a BMP format, if you submit a 32-bit BMP vice a 24-bit one as indicated in the quoted post below...
    In order to submit a ticket on the perfect world website/support page for a personalized guild icon change you need to have the following:

1)Submitter must be the guild leader.
    2)Submitter must send in a screenshot of your guilds roster showing that the guild is a level 3 faction. [should probably say what server you're on too]
    3)The image must be sent in as a 32 bit BMP format and must be 16x16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    4)If you would like it as a transparent back ground please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.

* add an Alpha-channel to your image (using Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel)
    * select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of or use the magic wand.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

[this was PWI admin's response to my question about Transparencies in faction logos]

The rease it says 32-bit BMP format in step 3 above is that there are 8-bits for Red, Green, Blue, and the Alpha Channel so that's 8 bits/channel x 4 channels = 32 bits. In Adobe Photoshop CS your Alpha Channel is black where you want it to be transparent and white where you want the original image to show through (see 4th channel in the image below). I haven't submitted this yet, but I wanted to clear up that you CAN have an Alpha Channel in a BMP (just not a 24-bit, has to be 32-bit).

BMP32_Channels.jpg
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well the software i am using does not support this and not all of us can afford CS4 ><
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Can you say Necro?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    necro... :/
  • Angeleous - Lost City
    Angeleous - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Necromancy! b:shocked
    "The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course." ~Michelangelo

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Necromancy! b:shocked

You just necro'd a necro. >:|
This discussion has been closed.