Calling all factions...

IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
IDoomblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
My faction and I have been looking forward to being able to change our faction icon, but after hearing back from GMs, there's apparently a certain amount of factions that need to apply for this feature before they will implement it...

Any lvl 3 factions who can, plz make a 16x16 .bmp image and submit a ticket to GMs so we can speed this process along and access this feature!!

b:victory

Think for yourself - Question authority

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by IDoomblade - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    ... and once again the PWI community strays from topic...

can we get a forum for everyone to go cry and complain in? maybe that will keep all those sort of irrelevant posts out of some threads (doubtful)

b:surrender

I understand your concerns are likely valid... but they have nothing to do with what I posted this thread about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    me has a question.
    O.o'
    does the number of needed factions with logos count between all servers or does the server itself have to have a certain number of factions?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Im not sure about other players, but i personally dont see how we should be begging for any updates. Its in the company's best interest to keep the players entertained and maintaining a working product. If they dont feel like doing it, theres no point in asking them for it. We'll just get denied again.

I think your rambling a bit... in the wrong thread...

GMs said more factions need to submit tickets before they will implement faction icons... This thread is only to promote that.

You see, this is what the GMs have asked of us, I'm not asking the GMs for anything, merely the opposite.

And yes, I'm sure there are more pressing matters... but that's kinda what happens when they announce faction icons in the update...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    me has a question.
    O.o'
    does the number of needed factions with logos count between all servers or does the server itself have to have a certain number of factions?
    b:puzzled

Good question... I would imagine it would be server-wide, since the update would likely be as well.

Would be nice to have a GM confirm here, but unlikely...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I know some people on LC that have them ;~;

Edit: Are you sure it's .bmp? IIRC, it was some weird format...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited January 2010
    I know some people on LC that have them ;~;

Edit: Are you sure it's .bmp? IIRC, it was some weird format...

Yeah, i swear it used to say .tga format... but within the past week, my guild leader submitted our ticket for faction icon in .tga first, but they said it needed to be .bmp...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyonax - Heavens Tear
    Gyonax - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Doom for posting this.

Here are the two responses I received from Customer Service regarding faction logo:

In order to apply for a faction icon change, please follow these instructions:

1)You must be the faction leader.
    2)You must send in a screenshot of your faction's roster showing that it is a level 3 faction. (Submit this screen shot in jpeg format)
    3)The faction logo image must be sent in a BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels.
    4)The faction logo image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

Currently in order to apply your guild icon to the live server we will need to fill a queue of icons before we can do so. This will take a while but once the queue is full we will make the necessary change. In the mean time please be patient and we will assist you further.

I don't know how many icons need to be in the queue before they will be patched in, but just start sending them in. b:victory
    edited January 2010
    And since you (Aadi) say some factions on Lost City server have custom icons, it must be a certain amount of factions per server must submit tickets...

Thanks for your reply, Aadi.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, i swear it used to say .tga format... but within the past week, my guild leader submitted our ticket for faction icon in .tga first, but they said it needed to be .bmp...

I forget what my faction submitted it in first, but then they said to submit it in .tga. However, we still don't have an icon, so...

Edit: Oh, I see. So we will get it eventually b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Pot_Head/ - Lost City4
    Pot_Head/ - Lost City4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I saw a few factions with some little icon thingie next to the name lol is that what your talkin about then yes I think every guild should have this^^ it would be sooooooooooo kool xDb:laugh
    Guild icons.. coming soon to a cash shop near you.
    I wish they made something that I could buy to mute ppl from sayin negative things like this or atleast make a forum blacklist xD
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I removed all posts made off the topic of this thread. In the future we will be forced to issue bans from those who refuse to honor the real thread subject and instead choose to post about other things.
    edited January 2010
    Thank you, spoons!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calinda - Heavens Tear
    Calinda - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh GREAT IDEA!!!

I'm in a lvl 3 guild and i will make sure we submit our logo at once!!!

Maybe it can be 'announced' in game too to make this work faster? b:surrender
    Proud Leader of Loyalty b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World."
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I know a few top factions on Sanctuary are in the process of voting for/submitting their faction icons.

I imagine it comes to the point that the GM's/Dev's have to sift through all the icons to make sure no icon is the same on the same server. And it makes sense about them needing to wait until they get a large stack of them, that way they dont have to port them all in at sparadic times.

I cant wait to see! This is a feature of this game that has been greatly debated about why it wasnt implemented before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    .tga makes more sense than .bmp since you can include an alpha channel in .tga to make parts invisible. .bmp would always be a solid square.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2010
    .tga makes more sense than .bmp since you can include an alpha channel in .tga to make parts invisible. .bmp would always be a solid square.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they recently changed formats... .tga would be nice to add a little more variety to the icons... and also since the default icon has an invisible layer to give it something other than the 'square' shape...

But oh wellz... I would still be happy with just the square... and plus our factions icon is a square anyways. b:chuckle
    Oh GREAT IDEA!!!

This is a great idea! I would like to second the notion of having a system message in-game that urges level 3 factions to submit tickets so we can implement this feature quicker on all servers! b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh GREAT IDEA!!!

Calinda, Hiii :D

/topic. Yea Its great we finally get it implemented /^.^\
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So let me get this right.
    A lv3 faction submits it's wanted logo via ticket system BMP format.
    When they get enuff of guilds doing this they will implant it with the weekly maintenance. Provided that the logs are approved of it's content.

If so, cant wait for my guild to pass in a request b:victory
    b:dirty
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I sent a ticket but I'm too impatient to wait, and as spoons is reading this topic: what colour is the transparency? Anyone could tell me... b:sad
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How long does it take for the icon to change after the ticket has been submitted?
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well first today ive seen icon changes here in Dreamweaver and my faction on my alt is in the process of voteing on their faction icon before leader submits ticket
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Calinda - Heavens Tear
    Calinda - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Calinda, Hiii :D

/topic. Yea Its great we finally get it implemented /^.^\

Hi Heart! b:cute

@Orlin: I think they only change the icons when they upgrade/patch/maintenance... w/e

Some on HT already have an icon!! Looks so nice b:dirty
    Proud Leader of Loyalty b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World."
    edited January 2010
    We (SOLDIER) got our icon, yay!!

b:victory

EDIT: Also, it only took about a week, maybe a week and a few days after we submitted our ticket to GMs for it to be implemented. We may have just been lucky with our timing though... it may take longer in some cases.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linkmega - Dreamweaver
    Linkmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    how do i send to a GM?
  • Lyzertt - Sanctuary
    Lyzertt - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In order to submit a ticket on the perfect world website/support page for a personalized guild icon change you need to have the following:

1)Submitter must be the guild leader.
    2)Submitter must send in a screenshot of your guilds roster showing that the guild is a level 3 faction. [should probably say what server you're on too]
    3)The image must be sent in as a 32 bit BMP format and must be 16x16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    4)If you would like it as a transparent back ground please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.

* in GIMP, to add an Alpha-channel to your image click Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel. Then select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of, or use the Magic Wand to select the part of the image you want transparent and hit Delete.

* BMP does not allow feathering.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

[this was PWI admin's response to my question about Transparencies in faction logos]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Myriad is now recruiting active players on the Sanctuary server, lvl 55+ pls.
    We have a forum, and we do regular FBs, TTs, and FCCs. PM me for invite.
    Or visit our website and submit an application @ myriad.guildlaunch.com
  • rokkwarr
    rokkwarr Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For people not in the know with BMP formats and transparencies using a BMP format the RGB color code for a BMP transparency is 255, 0, 255. AKA "Magic Pink"

as for transparencies using a Alpha channel on a BMP format, that is not able to be processed. the transparent color is what I listed above. Most if not all image software will throw out the alpha channel upon saving the file as a BMP. (for most game formats, the "Magic Pink" color is whats always been a BMP transparency color though it usually leaves "hard" edges on the images)
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i really wish they didnt add this feature. there are a few guilds on my server already with it and i cringe when i see them. morir with a stupid skull icon, some other guild with some red garbage. i really dont know why people think this stuff looks good. it's just clutter, and honestly, makes the game look low-class. kind of like a flea market on some narrow side street.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i really wish they didnt add this feature. there are a few guilds on my server already with it and i cringe when i see them. morir with a stupid skull icon, some other guild with some red garbage. i really dont know why people think this stuff looks good. it's just clutter, and honestly, makes the game look low-class. kind of like a flea market on some narrow side street.

You're just mad you don't have one.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Its always been .bmp
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Necroed =(

Ouch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.