Why can't Archers Use Daggers?

Comments

• BlacKaos - Heavens Tear
    BlacKaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Knockback in PvP is useless because Knockback doesn't work unless on pets, if that's what you were getting at.

Also, Archers should not use daggers because Archers are not Assassins.

/thread

ok same goes for Assasins they can use bows but they arent Archers so that pretty much cancels out your argument
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins can crt 76% for 8 sec with dagger.. and i cant wait to try my bow out on my assassin.

at lvl 99 my assassin will have all the same gear as my archer and will be tons better at close range then the archer could ever be. But the assassin has the utility of using my archers bow at range while my archer doesnt have the same advantage.

im sure people will get real mad when i get lvl 99 and pop out of stealth sparked and +40 attack lvl (not useing chill) with a +10 lunar bow and snipe.
  • DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear
    DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    if you are looking to be a fist bm but your really an archer, get some fists. i can make you come crappy duel swords that look like crappy daggers.
    <<----I'm a total NooB and I'm not proud of it! b:cryb:cry

<<----DeadlySins will rule you all sooner or later b:coolb:victory
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Assassins can crt 76% for 8 sec with dagger.. and i cant wait to try my bow out on my assassin.

at lvl 99 my assassin will have all the same gear as my archer and will be tons better at close range then the archer could ever be. But the assassin has the utility of using my archers bow at range while my archer doesnt have the same advantage.

im sure people will get real mad when i get lvl 99 and pop out of stealth sparked and +40 attack lvl (not useing chill) with a +10 lunar bow and snipe.

I just calculated that my sin will still get like 12k phy attack with my +10 lunar bow. The sin also have about 75% crit or more with the the self buff so he will pretty much crit every time which kinda makes up for the lack of bow mastery, far more deadly than most archers sniping with a +10 lunar bow.

Its kinda silly really b:surrender.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just calculated that my sin will still get like 12k phy attack with my +10 lunar bow. The sin also have about 75% crit or more with the the self buff so he will pretty much crit every time which kinda makes up for the lack of bow mastery, far more deadly than most archers sniping with a +10 lunar bow.

Not silly.... broken. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcDivine - Sanctuary
    ArcDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    wow, this thread is so old rofl
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Can't believe people still argue over these. b:laugh
    Simple answer : Developer not making dagger model for archer. b:victory
    Just like every other class can't use dagger except assassin ._. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010

That's not silly...

I agree it's broken but beyond that...

It's just plain stupid.

I appreciate that Sins aren't OP, but considering the fact they aren't even a finished class, yet they can pop out this kind of damage and best an archer at playing their own game? That's just not even funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcDivine - Sanctuary
    ArcDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so true, developers are not going to go and spend time and effort an old class, i swear someone said that somewhere on page 3 or 4, end of arguement, archers are not the kings of pvp anymore, accpet that.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    so true, developers are not going to go and spend time and effort an old class, i swear someone said that somewhere on page 3 or 4, end of arguement, archers are not the kings of pvp anymore, accpet that.

Archers were never kings or queens of PvP, the light armor made sure of that. We were, however, formidable DDers and the best physical DDers out there.

Now that assassins can play the archer's class for them, without actually being an archer, and do it better because of the crit buffs, archers are no longer kings and queens of physical DD if you find a Sin who knows how to deal damage with a bow. And that is an issue I have with this. People claim that Sins are not OP - and in many ways, they are not - but when you have a class that can deal more damage with a weapon designed to deal more damage with a specific class than any other, you have an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    archers kings of PvP lmao...

kings of ganking maybe

we weren't the best DDs either, at least not with ranged weapons, considering fist bms...sins with bows would outDD archers hands down because they also have that skill that just give them sparks, allowing them to spark that much more often. with sins chi gain increased to 5 per hit like archers, archers have no advantage whatsoever in terms of even ranged DD compared to sins, except for having more range and sharptooth. not even demon quickshot can hope to bridge that gap when sins gain an extra 2 sparks a minute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2010
    Archer still even with sin in pvp.. i can win 50/50 end game vs rank 8 lvl 101.

as far as that buff goes that makes you 76% crt it is a dagger skill.. you have to hit them with the daggers to get it so that means no range..

the 30% skill you are thinking of makes your crit do 230% damage vs 200%.

also assassin are down 12 range from archers because no blessing.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Archer still even with sin in pvp.. i can win 50/50 end game vs rank 8 lvl 101.

Level 85 assassin wins 50% of the time against a level 101 with rank 8? That certainly doesn't sound even to me.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    archers kings of PvP lmao...

kings of ganking maybe

we weren't the best DDs either, at least not with ranged weapons, considering fist bms...sins with bows would outDD archers hands down because they also have that skill that just give them sparks, allowing them to spark that much more often. with sins chi gain increased to 5 per hit like archers, archers have no advantage whatsoever in terms of even ranged DD compared to sins, except for having more range and sharptooth. not even demon quickshot can hope to bridge that gap when sins gain an extra 2 sparks a minute

so what... you expect the sin to switch to daggers wind push to the mob... raising dragon and whatever... maze step back... switch to bow... spark... and shoot? or is the sin just suppose to stay next to the mob and half his dmg with the bow. face it... while the sin can ultize the bow... even in some instance out dd an archer on a per shot basis... thats not what being an archer is all about. being an archer is all about the range... and thats something that the sin will never have.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    so what... you expect the sin to switch to daggers wind push to the mob... raising dragon and whatever... maze step back... switch to bow... spark... and shoot? or is the sin just suppose to stay next to the mob and half his dmg with the bow. face it... while the sin can ultize the bow... even in some instance out dd an archer on a per shot basis... thats not what being an archer is all about. being an archer is all about the range... and thats something that the sin will never have.

I expect them to switch to daggers, cast Inner Harmony, and switch back to bow.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I expect them to switch to daggers, cast Inner Harmony, and switch back to bow.

This.

If you people didn't understand the concept of "switch to a weapon, use skill X, switch back" you have never watched a multi-weapon BM at work. Ever. And you need to go seriously smash your head against a brick wall until you realise how very easy it is to put weapons on hotkeys and perform the switch-skill-switch in less than five seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Level 85 assassin wins 50% of the time against a level 101 with rank 8? That certainly doesn't sound even to me.

My archer is lvl 100.. when i fight a rank 8/ nirvina assassin its 50/50
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My archer is lvl 100.. when i fight a rank 8/ nirvina assassin its 50/50

if it's 50/50 he musta not tried hard enough b:shutupb:shocked
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    One of many things that are broken in this game is the weapon usage.
    Archers should be able to use only range weapons. (no fists)
    wizards/clerics/veno only magic weapons (well, I've seen a wizard with Cala axes on DW, so yeah).
    BMs - 4 path weapons, but no magic ones or ranged (bows, xbows)
    Sins- Daggers only
    Psy - orbs only
    barbs - axe/hammer only ( no fists/bows or whatever else I see around sometimes)

That would make all classes work the way the game creators intended.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    One of many things that are broken in this game is the weapon usage.
    Archers should be able to use only range weapons. (no fists)
    wizards/clerics/veno only magic weapons (well, I've seen a wizard with Cala axes on DW, so yeah).
    BMs - 4 path weapons, but no magic ones or ranged (bows, xbows)
    Sins- Daggers only
    Psy - orbs only
    barbs - axe/hammer only ( no fists/bows or whatever else I see around sometimes)

That would make all classes work the way the game creators intended.

Agree with that. Was a rumor bit back china was gonna make fist/claw bm only, dunno with bow etc.. but seem that rumor died.

but ye all wepeons should be class restricted.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited March 2010
    lol chez i wasnt refering to just him.. there are a few others ive played with. Still the battle ends in about 7 seconds with either a win or loss.
    edited March 2010
    lol chez i wasnt refering to just him.. there are a few others ive played with. Still the battle ends in about 7 seconds with either a win or loss.

there's more than 1 101 sin now? wtf hax o.o
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ops.. didnt realize i stuck the lvl in there.. just when i think of uba i think of him.. and you fair well against him as well.. so i think its a case and point anyway that archer/ assassin for the time being are on the same lvl.

if they get demon spark it may throw the whole dam thing off though.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    and demon skills? i wonder what they'd get...skills that randomly stun? randomly cost no spark? go AOE? more chi? receive temporary 100% crit buffs? hmm
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    and demon skills? i wonder what they'd get...skills that randomly stun? randomly cost no spark? go AOE? more chi? receive temporary 100% crit buffs? hmm

would be lovely lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited March 2010
    ops.. didnt realize i stuck the lvl in there.. just when i think of uba i think of him.. and you fair well against him as well.. so i think its a case and point anyway that archer/ assassin for the time being are on the same lvl.

if they get demon spark it may throw the whole dam thing off though.

I don't think they are on the same level. assassins still have huge advance on archers with the same gears. they can basically keep you stunlocked for 12 seconds, forcing you to use a genie skill to get out of it. If you ever get close to killing them, they can just go invis, wait for the cooldown on their skills and just pop up on you again.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hmm...the real question here is.... Why can't Blademasters use daggers.....??b:sad
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Daggers Aren't that far from fists besides the higher str req for fists. So....why not.
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah ill give you that chez.. you need specific genie and apoc to make it work.
    edited March 2010
    Hmm...the real question here is.... Why can't Blademasters use daggers.....??b:sad

Hmm...the real real question here is...Why would a str based class want to use a dex based weapon that hits slower and lower with no skills.
    youtube.com/chezedude