Leveling over 105? GM comment, please?

2»

Comments

• Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you reach lvl 105 you will be MASTER OF WHOLE International Version, 102 is highest lvl on my server idk about others
  • _bowser - Heavens Tear
    _bowser - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think they level cap may be increased but i doubt many if anyone will go to it, to get to 105 it takes alot of serious and dedicated gameplay (ignoring oracle idiots) so to the go on to 115, 130 or 150 is going to talk alot longer. Only way i can see this as being possible is for them to scale down xp needed so its easier to level but to do that wud then make 105 alot easier and thus take away from the achievement of those who reached it legitimately.
    u mean the legitimate way of lvling like the oracles they implemented ooo yeah those :) , or how many worked on there great gear 90x gear worked so hard for it only for anni packs to come out and throw it in there faces ooo yeah and not only endgame gear but other things as well yeah good times b:pleased
  • AzureBeast_c - Harshlands
    AzureBeast_c - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It seems they might be increasing lvl caps.. maybe this comes from another version so i may be wrong... but there are items in AH that are for lvl 105+ I.E lvl 135 wristguards or something along those lines.. again thats speculation..
  • _Kodaijin_ - Heavens Tear
    _Kodaijin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the reason no one hits past 103 is cuz all the high lvls here are lazy and do alot of pk or sell **** to make money none are wanting to level so the level cap will increase
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the reason no one hits past 103 is cuz all the high lvls here are lazy and do alot of pk or sell **** to make money none are wanting to level so the level cap will increase

If they're so lazy, get on it! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you look in the AH there is gear for beyond lv 105 listed. My guess is they made the code able to go past 105 when they want it too. The main reason no one has hit 105 is because they changed the exp formula for higher levels, so it can't be hit realistically. Making maximum borderline imposible to get is better than capping it earlier, as you can always have a goal, even if its a moronically hard one. As you can see:

lvl Exp_to_next Total_XP

100 66,954,000 303,626,185
    101 267,816,000 370,580,185
    102 535,632,000 638,396,185
    103 1,339,080,000 1,174,028,185
    104 1,750,000,000 2,513,108,185
    105 - 4,263,108,185

67m isn't very much exp when looking at this. I mean, it is a friggen lot of exp, but you can get it much much easier than the 266m for the next level, and wtf? Why is it in the billions 3 levels later? I don't remember needing to get ~20x more exp after only 3 little levels.

If they raised the cap to say 125, they'd use the normal formula till lv 120, then make 125 borderline imposible to reach. Anyone who has lv 101 now probably has enough exp for lv 105 with the normal formula.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was under the impression for a long time that 150 was the cap, due to the aforementioned 106+ equipment and the fact that World Bosses are level 150 in the database. Was actually rather surprised to find out that the high end of the player population is only three levels away.
    <snip>
    This. I just recently broke 1 million exp per level, and leveling is already a big pain for me... having to get a THOUSAND times that for a single level? If the level cap ever does increase (which I'm sure it will, since that's the general trend for grind-heavy MMOs), they'll have to substantially rework the effort-reward curve for leveling if anyone other than the hardest of the hardcore is ever going to see that content.
    Ecatomb is not run by PWE. So you can't really use that site to judge content in PWI. The only reason that level 130 stuff is even there is because it exists in the other versions of the game.
    Fly to the desert town in the far southwest corner of the map and check out the equipment merchants. It exists in-game, or at least it did when I looked a few months ago.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If they implement a level cap of 150 in this game, users that are 103 right now will be 130-140+ when the cap gets added.

This version has changed the exp required per level because of the low level cap, if they implement the other versions cap they will have to patch in their exp required to level.

if anyone reaches lvl 105 before they up the cap they will auto be 150 when they patch it in.

According to other versions, my current amount of exp required for me to level would put me at lvl 98 not 89.

In other MMOs I've played when they've upped the level cap or added in new job changes they prorated exp and skills points.

which versions ?

E: how many times it need say...there is a reason why lvl100-105 is called hardcap... hardcap is made for that so ppl would stop lvling at100 but apparently there is some ppl who dunno what snow or rain is oO
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the original lvl cap for this version of pwi was hard capped at 80 and soft at 60 i was part of beta way back then and started when servers opened i remember well ppl asking if any ones hit 60 yet lol. everyone was in awe at the first few to hit 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the original lvl cap for this version of pwi was hard capped at 80 and soft at 60 i was part of beta way back then and started when servers opened i remember well ppl asking if any ones hit 60 yet lol. everyone was in awe at the first few to hit 60.

naa ur wrong lvlcap in this version has been always 105 since open beta...u prolly mean pw-ms cuz their lvlcap was 80
  • orthodoxiellas
    orthodoxiellas Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How old is PWI ? Yes, a bit over 1 year.

Give it a couple more or so, you will see a bunch of players reaching that famous 105 lvl.

BUT : who, in his/her, right mind will continue past lvl 105 as it stands now ? You need an insane amount of exp AND time to get there, and even insanely more for each lvl past 105.

As in other games, pwi will have some really dedicated players that will want to continue levelling IF the exp cap is raised, but most (in my estimate 95 to98%) will just give up when they see it will take them too long to gain even one (1) level.

So, drooling over gear that you will probably never have is the only option you have. The "average" lifespan of an mmorpg gamer staying in one game is about 3 years. After that, most switch to other (newer) games or other types of games.

Do not forget that the gaming community and mentality in the Asian world/gaming culture is very different from the US and Europe. While in some games the maximum lvl cap is reached in Asia, in the rest of the world the level cap is lowered just because of that difference.

Also, If they would have given PWI the max cap of 150, then you can be sure more players would have left once they realized how long and how much effort it would take them to reach it.

p.s. : Did anyone ever do the math how long it would take, by playing 8hrs /day, 6/7 days, calculating how much exp you can gain/day on average(in %), to reach 105 ? Well, multiply that by the increase factor / lvl past 105 and give the number in years. That's how long.

there could be a new instance, that gives many exps and available to LVL 100s + only.

Like TT,(twilight temple that is,) it can have sections, 100s, 110s, 120s, etc. .
    A new big instance for 100s + only. .

For many exp and new mats and molds and forges. . .

This would be wise, i believe. . . You? . .

(Still at least 1 more expansion at PWI though. . smart people can say from map. . hope theyre gona do it then. .)
  • Masoteaka - Harshlands
    Masoteaka - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    o.O necro much? b:shocked
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pro necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Wolfixxxx - Lost City
    Wolfixxxx - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ppl with only 1 post count should be banned for doing stuff like this.

i just saying. happens on another forum i know called teamliquid. if i was in charged this dude would be perma banned.b:cute
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So what if its a necro. It will either 1) get pushed to page 2 in an hour under all the other current QQ threads. or 2) pick up a new discussion of the topic..

wait wait wait,,,, or 3) stay on page one with all the necro bandwagoners... I'll join in and say.... wow, necro much?

Yay for page 1 necro thread!!!
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.