Catapult Positioning, is it Allowed?

Options
Ascii - Harshlands
Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Chronicles
Now your probably wondering what I mean, recently on harshlands the two major guilds Kingdom and Kylin have begun doing what ive seen happen on lost city, which involves the catapult pullers positioning themselves a certain distance directly in front of the crystal. This then triggers the catapults to only hit the base HQ and avoid the 2 inside towers completely.

Here is an artist’s impression for the GM’s to see: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/486/towerglitching.png

Now this is not a QQ, because now both Kylin and Kingdom do it I just thinks it takes away the principles of even having towers if you can completely evade every tower and take the HQ. I mean the two far towers are useless enough as it is the but the 2 insides are there solely so there’s some kind of defence if your rushed and the catas need to kill one or both before getting freebee hits on the HQ. So my question to he GM’s or anyone in the know, is this allowed?
Post edited by Ascii - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pro artist rendition is pro.

And I don't see why it would be bannable, but with the ways things are in this game, who knows? You'll probably get conflicting answers, just like with the moving/editing inis thing.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Definitely send in a ticket about this, our GMs will be glad to provide clarification.

If you're not sure if something is allowed, do you think it's a good idea to post a full explanation on the forums? b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love the diagram. And it is a common practice from all the big TW guilds.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Definitely send in a ticket about this, our GMs will be glad to provide clarification.

If you're not sure if something is allowed, do you think it's a good idea to post a full explanation on the forums? b:chuckle

yea i know what u mean but its hard to describe this problem without describing the problem, and its widely known anyway i watch tons of TW vids from other servers and i see them doing this, then running to a tower but its only just begun happeneing on harshlands, and i like my tws long, charm burning and full of uber hits on Karken, i mean people.

OMG U completly Nurfed my diagram!! QQ i spent a good 20 mins on that!! D:
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Make sure to send that ticket, I'm sure some of our seasoned TW GMs will have more information b:victory

I removed it because I'm not 100% on the answer right now, so it's better to be a little safe than sorry b:shocked
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Make sure to send that ticket, I'm sure some of our seasoned TW GMs will have more information b:victory

I removed it because I'm not 100% on the answer right now, so it's better to be a little safe than sorry b:shocked

at least leave the diagram up :( all my paint pro skills went into that, infact there so pro i didn’t enter the competition because you would of ended up giving me 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all at one. and yea ill submit a ticket.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    With a name like Ascii why were you using Paint? Shouldn't you be using Notepad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    edit: it doesnt like my use of characters so F it.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    at least leave the diagram up :(
    Once I get an answer I'll put it back in.
    With a name like Ascii why were you using Paint? Shouldn't you be using Notepad?
    THIS
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how about this one then :D [wait for it!]
    all elements of the previous have been removed to protect the innocent.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey man, serious face now. Please don't repost something that I've edited out until I say it's okay.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hey man, serious face now. Please don't repost something that I've edited out until I say it's okay.

ok ok, turn that serious face upside down! b:shocked ill submit it in a ticket
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok ok, turn that serious face upside down! b:shocked ill submit it in a ticket

I'll post if I get a response, I'm asking around about it now.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll post if I get a response, I'm asking around about it now.

good to know, feel free to use my diagram as an example to show them b:pleased ill check back in 10
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:laughb:laugh
    The diagram made me giggle, but no really, every big TW guild does that it's even widely known by non TW guilds.
    b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:kiss Ascii

(*cough* Send to me in PM *cough*)

<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

<3

ya, i have no idea whats going on and +1 to that post
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

<3

b:cute also Bump for Spoons
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Color me curious...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm at lunch but here's the official:

I’d say that this is just a matter of good positioning by the catapults, rather than something that's against the rules.

If there is a dead-zone in front of the towers, and the guild is clever enough to find it as well as disciplined enough to be able to take advantage of it, then they can reap the rewards from it.

There is nothing stopping the other faction from attacking the catapult themselves, and they could even devise some sort of tactic to keep the opposing cata from reaching that perfect spot in the first place (i.e. AoE spamming that spot).

In short, the method that you have described is NOT against the rules.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now your probably wondering what I mean, recently on harshlands the two major guilds Kingdom and Kylin have begun doing what ive seen happen on lost city, which involves the catapult pullers positioning themselves a certain distance directly in front of the crystal. This then triggers the catapults to only hit the base HQ and avoid the 2 inside towers completely.

Here is an artist

spoons was cut off by his own forums b:sad Curse those odd characters!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:cute I was right Ascii!!

Just PM'd you....my reasoning was that you do not HAVE to go for the towers.

Just makes life a lot easier b:surrender

There is a "sweet spot" in front of the Towers, but it is generally null-in-void once more and more people come in a aggro on them.

THEY HURT b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That diagram is awesome. BTW, kill the cat pulling squads before they get in your base, then you don't have to worry about that ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm at lunch but here's the official:

I’d say that this is just a matter of good positioning by the catapults, rather than something that's against the rules.

If there is a dead-zone in front of the towers, and the guild is clever enough to find it as well as disciplined enough to be able to take advantage of it, then they can reap the rewards from it.

There is nothing stopping the other faction from attacking the catapult themselves, and they could even devise some sort of tactic to keep the opposing cata from reaching that perfect spot in the first place (i.e. AoE spamming that spot).

In short, the method that you have described is NOT against the rules.

thanks spoons for the comfirmation, enjoy ur Lunch :D and heres the diagram again for thoes who wanted to see, forums cut of the version spoons failed to copy, and it just cut me off when i reposted lol.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/486/towerglitching.png
    That diagram is awesome. BTW, kill the cat pulling squads before they get in your base, then you don't have to worry about that ;)

hehe that would seem to be simple tw 101, but when that cat has 26k hp, uses resist imminity pill combo and has like 14 clerics spam healing, its a tad bit difficult :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    (O.O)
    paint skills.....too...awesome~~~
    *stare stare*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hehe that would seem to be simple tw 101, but when that cat has 26k hp, uses resist imminity pill combo and has like 14 clerics spam healing, its a tad bit difficult :P

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've lost track of the times that I've had to turn into a one-veno cleric slaying machine.

I think I'm gonna make that diagram my desktop though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First people QQ about hiding in catapults, now its QQ towers don't have enough range...? The spot is actually hard to find and if you don't get it exactly your catapult will attack a tower. I know because I've pulled catapults. People call these glitches even though you can still clearly target them and hit them, sorry if the strategy is better than your strategy.

If you let a WB in your base with clerics healing them and you haven't debuffed and amped him yet, you deserve to lose really. 26k HP should be nothing to a guild.

Next thing people will QQ about is archers zhenning on catapults.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First people QQ about hiding in catapults, now its QQ towers don't have enough range...? The spot is actually hard to find and if you don't get it exactly your catapult will attack a tower. I know because I've pulled catapults. People call these glitches even though you can still clearly target them and hit them, sorry if the strategy is better than your strategy.

If you let a WB in your base with clerics healing them and you haven't debuffed and amped him yet, you deserve to lose really. 26k HP should be nothing to a guild.

Next thing people will QQ about is archers zhenning on catapults.

like i said, this isnt a QQ (try reading the first post before replying) this is becouse my guild dose it too, and yea sure it wins tws but i was curious if it is actually allowed. also when u say "nothing to a guild" is this kinda implying all 80 people would just be sitting in base on a defence? -_-
  • Godswhisper - Dreamweaver
    Godswhisper - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and hes got a point :o
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and hes got a point :o
    Necro b:shocked
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.