Is the assassin class really that easy to level up?

Glaicez - Dreamweaver
Glaicez - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Title says it all..

Thing is...
I've heard some rumors and probably noticed it myself...
that Assassins are pretty easy to level up.

Is it that true?
Post edited by Glaicez - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Genosuke - Heavens Tear
    Genosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    probably it is, sins are dds so they are supposed to kill fast, with their skills to avoid death, hide and so on, makes then a fast lvling class
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well wouldn't say its easy. played since beginning of the expansion and only lvl 51(0.4% left). they die a lot, and dmg isn't good untill later lvls where u crit more often^^. tho maybe its just me whos slow.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there easy to lvl up. the dmg they take early on does get annoying, but just get life powder and second wind genie skill and ur good to go.

i started playing since expansion but im just lvling extremly slow cuz i get side tracked alot with work and keeping my gf happy. not to mention i play other games and blah blah blah. but there rly not slow to lvl up. i know a few lvl 7x sins that never used a oracle/fruit once.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there easy to lvl up. the dmg they take early on does get annoying, but just get life powder and second wind genie skill and ur good to go.

i started playing since expansion but im just lvling extremly slow cuz i get side tracked alot with work and keeping my gf happy. not to mention i play other games and blah blah blah. but there rly not slow to lvl up. i know a few lvl 7x sins that never used a oracle/fruit once.

they never used the 2 oracles that comes in the supply stash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    do those honestly count o-o? well if we count those then i guess they used the fruits from the quest u get aswell.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    do those honestly count o-o? well if we count those then i guess they used the fruits from the quest u get aswell.

30k exp is pretty much for when u r low lvl b:thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xirel - Harshlands
    Xirel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not for me but I definitely enjoy playing it.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been leveling alongside my girlfriend with her sin since level 1. We can pretty much use 2 attacks each and bring most mobs around our level down (1 attack if we crit). So it's been pretty easy for me. b:cute

As for solo, 1-20 is easy as pie, with slipstream causing ridiculous damage once you get it. 20-30 is a bit of a test of willpower, just get some life powders and you'll be fine. Once you get your spiritual cultivation for 29 and learn quite a few useful skills, it only gets easier from then on out (at least from what I've noticed, it may get hard again late game)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont find them easy to level especially at lower levels when ur taking 80-100 dmg per hit and dont even have 1k hp lol (so squishy heh) my psy i got to 51 (almost 52 like less then 1 CS away) in like maybe 2 weeks? 3 tops so the question is

easy compared to what? psy/archer/barb i find a lot easier to lvl, psy high dmg-low chn= easy kill sprees, but long meditation time if u cant afford to buy non stop mp charms...archers 20+ can usually kill most things before theyre touched and if u only use frost arrow/double shot/knock back u rarely have to stop because of mp, barbs...no downtime fast hp regen and low dmg... (received), low dmg output but its not too bad

id say sins are in the top 5 levelers but def not easy, sins pre blood paint have some serious patience
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins are 2nd slowest class to level. Believe me, i have leveled every other class to 90+ before besides barb(I raged on barbs, they are slowest mofos to level)

Leveling speed here is based on "grinding"

Not ranged. Melee pretty much suck for grinding in air or water.
    LA melee. Expensive to grind with and you can't solo AoE efficiently pre-80.

Pre 59, when you can actually perma-spark, is even slower.

Of course, if you take into consideration leveling by just dailies/cube/FC/GV, every class levels relatively at same speed.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins are 2nd slowest class to level. Believe me, i have leveled every other class to 90+ before besides barb(I raged on barbs, they are slowest mofos to level)

Leveling speed here is based on "grinding"

Not ranged. Melee pretty much suck for grinding in air or water.
    LA melee. Expensive to grind with and you can't solo AoE efficiently pre-80.

Pre 59, when you can actually perma-spark, is even slower.

Of course, if you take into consideration leveling by just dailies/cube/FC/GV, every class levels relatively at same speed.
    o.0 cant imagine how snailing you would lvl without oracles if your saying its already 2nd slow as it is with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the leveling is quite fast in my opinion im playing from expansion but was on holidays one week to and made 30 psy so 1day lost only used a few oracles
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To me it was ... close to hell and I have my reasons numbered
    1. due to the many sins and psys out there my comp would lag every second step -not to mention teles from one isle to another- which was a prob that could have been solved with more ram but still...I'm talking about perso experience

2. as always, I like the extreme builds (meaning the pure ones) and so I went for the 4dex,1str/lvl. As an archer I had found that extremely useful since the mobs could not even scratch me on later levels. Nevertheless, for a melee class my HP went sank every 1 or 2 mobs. This ofc ment that I only got 13 mobs on that tborn timed quest... and many more

3. from the above it is easy to understand that I had to use many many many many many many many hp pots to stay alive while I also died 2wice ...

Conclusion
    Sins might be fast and good dds but are just not for my gamestyle. I am a born veno :P
    b:victoryb:laugh
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As an assassin, it's all about skill choice and timing. Whereas with other classes in PvE, it's feels more like "this skill does a lot of damage, so spam it to kill stuff".

Knowing when to use certain skills (deep sting to keep a magic enemy from starting the battle with magic, tackling slash to freeze kiting mobs, Puncture Wound + Deep Sting to give yourself a breather while still doing damage to the enemy, etc.) is a MUST for any good Assassin.

It's also very tough in the lower levels because of the lack of skills that we're supposed to use to increase our survivability (can you say Blood Paint?). All in all, it takes patience to start out, but once you get a decent amount of levels under your belt, it gets MUCH better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    omfg 8x sin avatars get ashura's armor? b:angry

not that it's very good looking armor in game box on one shoulder nothing on the other pfft

but you can tell the sin in that avatar is well endowed b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    omfg 8x sin avatars get ashura's armor? b:angry

not that it's very good looking armor in game box on one shoulder nothing on the other pfft

but you can tell the sin in that avatar is well endowed b:chuckle
    clerics wear lv70 armor even past 100 in their avatar T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hehe clerics are poor like that :3

well actually the rank 6 armor i believe also looks like 7x arcane. maybe they got invited on lots of fbs and got massive rep :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well on lower lvls / so far been killing faster than the archers, even counting in the running to mob time. I'm not considering sin slow at all, but very expensive(always hp/mp charmed) I did few oracles 37-42 or so tho, but so little. btw im 71 atm.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz