Which armor for level 89?

Tomus - Sanctuary
Tomus - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
im 88 and gonna be 89 in few days. I see TT90 armor only give + vit? Should i buy the TT90 set or keep lunar chaser armor with + dex, and lunar bracers to make general bracers ( -0.10 interval). I dont see the difference between TT90 armor and the 88 millenary bless, but the price!
I think i gonna buy the frost boots that gives +5 dex.

I need advice ps help me b:surrender
Post edited by Tomus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - TT80 vs. TT90

At 90, most archers are satisfied with damage their damage output, and go with TT90 for the HP. Since TT90 is a higher grade, the refine bonuses are higher, as well.

If you prefer the Dex, you may want to look into FF green armor. It is the same grade as TT80, has the same dex bonus, but has higher base defense. In fact, the base defense bonuses are higher than TT90. On OHT, I saw the chest selling at 600k or 800k and the leggings at 400k.

- TT90 Chest vs. Armor of Milienary Bless

Correct, the armors are similar. TT90 gives extra HP while the mold gives extra Physical Resistance. If you are on a budget, just go with the mold and use your coins for something else, like saving up for a better weapon or something.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    TT90 set is all about the hp, which in turn gives you greater survivability. I do believe the TT90 bracers also give dex/vit bonus, and I would definitely go for the interval on the TT90 gold wrist, especially since it comes with a strength bonus. If you plan well, that's an extra 8 dex points you don't have to put into strength.
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    kool those r some good info im a lvl87 archer turning 88 soon will b using windwatcher nd got some FF armors footwear, 2 uninorn spirit rings, bracer nd ehtereal belt that has some dex nd vit + nd was wonder r those frost armors better than or close to TT90 armors so ny opinion on which i should get either frost armor from forgotten frostland or TT90 sets? BTW they r all lvl 85 require to wear
    edited January 2010
    I'd recommend the TT90 gear for the HP. Your damage output should be high enough already, and having less than 5k HP at 90 feels too squishy for me.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    another thing people go for for is the 80 gold for some reason, not sure the reasoning behind it, but it is somewhat decent armor, has quite a few + dex/vit mods as well.
    edited January 2010
    TT80 gold allows you keep your strength at 84 instead of 94. That's 10 extra stat points you can put anywhere, and the bonuses on TT80 gold are fairly nice.

It's a viable build, though I recommend using Bracers of Blood Moon instead of TT80 gold wrists, for the extra interval reduction.

The downsides are (1) lower base defenses, and (2) you cannot resell it. Also, for TT99, you need TT90 for decomposition.
    edited January 2010
    But also with skydemon pearl and tt90 gold bracers, that's another 15-16 str u can reset into dex
    edited January 2010
    But also with skydemon pearl and tt90 gold bracers, that's another 15-16 str u can reset into dex

It's hard to regain the Strength back from the TT90 gold bracers. The bracers themselves have a Str requirement of 94. Unless you have another piece of equipment that requires 102+ Str, you cannot restat that Str back.

So that means either FF Gold Helm, Helm of Aqua Vicious (which many do not recommend until lvl 99 or even at all), and TT99 gear.

EDIT: Also, with SDP, you can restat that Str regardless of any armor you wear.
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would get tt90 armor reguardless of if you wear it or not. pick the pieces that you feel are better then your current gear, but in the end keep in mind you will decompose it for TT99 gear.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my personal choice was 90 gold pants and arms for +17 dex and -.1 interval, then the 90 green top and shoes. chose sky demon pearl and demon slaughter for accesories, nice defenses coupled with nice boosts to hp.

since i cant ever find any lion spirits, hat wise i went for crystal headress, nice little mp boost and + dex/ water resistance for fish leveling.
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    kool ok thnx for all the reply on which armor i should take
    edited January 2010
    Never ever ever do I want to see an archer in an arcane helm...tell me one reason why I need that 300 of something extra mana when I can have that in hp...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Never ever ever do I want to see an archer in an arcane helm...tell me one reason why I need that 300 of something extra mana when I can have that in hp...

A highly refined high-grade mana helm will give more hp than a highly-refined low-grade hp helm and you can put in better stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To maintain a Barrage in GV or FC? Can't really think of any other reasons atm.
    edit: Ooh, Astrelle's got a good reason too. Plus if you get a 3-star with good bonus stats (+str/dex, +Pdef, etc) it can be worthwhile.

As for me, I'm using a 3-star Hat of the Promised Land. It's +275 MP (useless), +62 Evasion (mostly useless), +5 str, and +5 dex. Honestly, it's not as if +HP really helps any for PvE, and I don't PvP enough to make Lion Spirit worth the several million it seems to sell for.
    edited January 2010
    Here's my endgame helm: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2252/helmp.png . I think it's comparable to FF gold helm if the refines are below +5 or something.

Bought it for 100k or 150k off of the AH. No refines, 1 socket, and the HP +90 was Unidentified.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To maintain a Barrage in GV or FC? Can't really think of any other reasons atm.
    edit: Ooh, Astrelle's got a good reason too. Plus if you get a 3-star with good bonus stats (+str/dex, +Pdef, etc) it can be worthwhile.

As for me, I'm using a 3-star Hat of the Promised Land. It's +275 MP (useless), +62 Evasion (mostly useless), +5 str, and +5 dex. Honestly, it's not as if +HP really helps any for PvE, and I don't PvP enough to make Lion Spirit worth the several million it seems to sell for.

I just use 3* Hat of the Promised Land with +mana mod and 3 sockets of immac turquoise and a cape with double +mana and more immac turquoise for that purpose. I lose a few hundred hp on switching but I'd only be barraging with BB the vast majority of the time and shouldn't be in danger really.

As for refines, it takes more than +5 in most cases for high grade MP hat to outperform lower grade HP helm. I'd rather pump all or most of my resources into a highly refined armor rather than a helm.

\Helm of Lion Spirit all the way.