CoA Entrance Bug: A Year Later

Options
knownase
knownase Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So since I started playing PWi from the Descent Expansion, I decided to run CoA today, only to be hampered by the lovely entrance quest bug.

Figured a year later, it would have been fixed, but I assume it doesn't bug players much, mainly from lack of it being mentioned on the forums until this post.

Any tips on to avoid this bug? It's happened to me a lot a year ago back when I was actively playing. My quest log wasn't packed, had 11/20 for quests, I was in tiger form, if that has to do with anything. That's really all I can think of that I was doing the moment I took it. I even saw the time, which it was 8:49 PM server time when I took it, I know the event doesn't open until 8:50 PM server time, but it appeared and I took it, had a friend who took it before me, and he got in fine.

Just wondering if there was something I was doing wrong, or it this bug only happens by chance.
Ice Bear is pleased.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ^ Me btw, if it wasn't obvious, lovely forum bug/feature for the avatars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Did you have money? You need to pay to enter.
    Its probably something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Did you have money? You need to pay to enter.
    Its probably something like that.

Had 5 mill on me, it's a 100K fee, so the money was covered.

To add a bit of more info, a countdown timer appeared in my quest log, from 10 seconds, to 8 seconds, then it went to 5 seconds, then reset back to 10 seconds, over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    PWI has been pretty unstable lately in terms of timed quests. My daily attendance quest was at the 0:00:00 counter for about 10-20 minutes before it finally decided to complete, even after I relogged.

That's probably what happened.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Had 5 mill on me, it's a 100K fee, so the money was covered.

To add a bit of more info, a countdown timer appeared in my quest log, from 10 seconds, to 8 seconds, then it went to 5 seconds, then reset back to 10 seconds, over and over.

Quest can bug if you take it as soon as it pops up. this used to happen to me a lot. now when the quest becomes availble i wait 10 seconds before taking it, and havent had the problem since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Or the instance could simply be full...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Usually it bugs if you take the quest too quickly, or if it is full from what I've noticed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • zoracgallant
    zoracgallant Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Usually it bugs if you take the quest too quickly, or if it is full from what I've noticed.

This.

If you read one of the guides on the forum about CoA it would tell you that since day 1 some people have trouble getting in if they take the quest the second it becomes available. This is because CoA has a limited number of slots spread over 4 instances and sometimes when alot of people try and enter at once some people on the waiting list never get moved properly inside. Normally just trashing the quest and retaking it fixes the problem.

However as Skai mentioned quests have been laggy for some other reason for a few weeks now and many times the only way to fix it is to relog.

Edit: Oh look my avatar glitched now lol
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Wow your sever is more than alive, on mine there's like 3-4 persons in each room so unless 12 is the maximum people allowed in we have bunch of place. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I used to have trouble getting in all the time, where my 10 second quest timer would constantly reset. It had something to do with quest lag, and if the entrance quest took too long to finish, it would reset. Restarting my client shortly before the event would usually clear out any quest lag. It seems that they extended the quest timer to 30 seconds some time ago, this should have helped with this issue, I haven't had any more problems getting in myself.

One thing that you may want to try next time is to relog. As long as the instance isn't full yet, the quest should reset and pop you in. You lose all your buffs, but it beats missing out.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Wow your sever is more than alive, on mine there's like 3-4 persons in each room so unless 12 is the maximum people allowed in we have bunch of place. xD

Remember there are 5 kinds of instance - tiger, tortoise, dragon, tiger and forgot the last one..maybe just 4 idk lol
    but still, just cuz there's 3 or 4 ppl in one room doesn't mean u have a lot of place....
    n i think the max. allowed ppl to enter COA is 150
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    entering TW can fail too if go in too fast. i use to spamclick entering the tw lands.. but i began get the same glitch as is in RB. with the instant dc thing and not able to log back in.. until log another char and try other char again. really annoying when that happen when its a gank D:
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

edited July 2012
    Options
    Remember there are 5 kinds of instance - tiger, tortoise, dragon, tiger and forgot the last one..maybe just 4 idk lol
    but still, just cuz there's 3 or 4 ppl in one room doesn't mean u have a lot of place....
    n i think the max. allowed ppl to enter COA is 150

I love how you name the rooms, tiger, tortoise, dragon, tiger and...''.

It's phoenix the other. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]