People who are against MP recovery rate, click here

betterwatchout
betterwatchout Posts: 18 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
I don't want answers like "it'll never happen", I merely want to know if you agree or disagree. If you agree please leave your name and reason why, same if you disagree but in reverse.

Weather you agree or not the facts speak for themselfs. Over my time of playing PWI I have seen players as high as level 90 struggling for MP, this includes MP based classes like Clerics. Infact I PMed randem people for their views on this issue all of them came back with a similar answer "it's too low" others seem to think it was cut during the expansion for profits. Here are some screenshots of people I pmed, Note: I couldn't screenshot everyone.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h8a8ad.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/11qijaw.jpg

Actually quite a lot of people I PMed seem tot hink PW staff are getting too greedy in regards to trying to make "profits" some even thought that PWI will eventually be so difficult to play free you will HAVE to buy fromt he item mall. Some people I have spoken to have quit or are thinking of quiting for these very reasons, intrestingly enough. Ofcause I did get a few who disagreed with me. Regardless I have been having a hard time leveling my cleric often finding myself doing this for 5 mins:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lue6w.jpg

It's not only boring but annoying and very offputting even more so for lower levels who I have seen quit due tot he fact they are too poor to get "enough" MP pots for "desent battles" or they have had enough of fighting a mob, resting for 5 mins, fighting a mob, resting for 5 mins etc...

Rather intrestingly taking a look at the IM I noticed spirit charms were marked as "Hot" i.e. been brought a lot, which speaks for itself.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lx9qm9.jpg

I haven't been playing for long myself but these issues are clearly having dramatic effects on both newcomers and advanced players. Are PW getting too greedy, forcing us to use the IM by slowing taking away our advantages? PW can only push us so far before we have had enough and quit for some other free MMO with probably better staff.

jaeseu wrote: »
...and it's one of the reasons

why I quit playing my cleric -- MP pots were becoming a

pain to get all the time and, MP charms just got WAY

too expensive.
I The thing is, it

would seriously help melee classes to regen their MP.

They don't have too much mana, and the regen rate is

just stupid now.
I like the idea, I

personaily think MP recovery rate is slow and the need

to carry pots around all the time is just annoying.

And really

help out when I use my MP Buff. *watches his 8k MP

turn into 13k MP and has to sit for a couple of

minutes*
i kno and ya

mp rate being slow iz annoying,
I Do agree, might

be cheap when i say this, but as a cleric, i see

Profits per lv go from 30+k to 5k Because of pots.

Although people who are against it do have valid

its really hard to play this

game and you`re allways out of money and the prices for

potions are really a way to costly.
Playing mage is really annoying
my main is a

barb and at lvl 70 i gain 1 mana per sec meditating.

and i hav about 1k mana

just 2 days ago i finally got a "natures peace" ammy

with +7 mana gain, which allows me to actully play the

game without screaming for cleric buffs.

but yeah mana gain should also be based on max mana not

just magic.
I agree. And I

also have +1 MP per second while meditating IIRC. It's

pretty bad. And I use an assassin, which is supposedly

somewhat notorious for its MP usage. And I'm running up

towards 1k MP myself. And by those calculations, I'll

need to wait a little over 16 minutes
anwynd wrote: »
it would be nice if the recovery

rate was bigger but nothin to big to worrey about its a

pain to meditate
I guess the recovery

rate while in combat should be raised alittle, that

would be nice, but meditating, definetly, its way to

low
I swear it feels like one of the updates came with decreased regen. Thats what it feels like. It might've come with the Rising Tide expansion, I'm not sure. But when I brought it up, some others also seemed to notice that the regen may have been reduced.
they've literally halved the rate at which you regen mana. Also hp regen's seemingly down or atleast it is to me. 1hp/s i don't think that was the old base. Either way they've halved everythign to increase profits. If it keeps going at this rate, we'll be at something like that oh so famous korean grindfest game is at cash shop or quit.
vmx wrote: »
Yes, but it's not only about flying. During fights, grinding, between one monster and the other... if my base MP recovery rate was a bit higher things would be much easier. Meditation takes years
I definetely agree with the mana issue.

I have a TB class charactor, (psychic), and he has a bad mana habit, just three or four attacks will use 1/4 to 1/3 of the mana.b:shocked

Wouldn't be so bad if it recovered faster, or the mana pots had a better regen rate to them, but they don't. (At the very least, if the designers won't make them work better than they do, at least lower the cost of them, geesh).

This is one of the things that caught my attention right from the get-go, and prolly the one factor, for me anyway, that turns fun to frustration in a New York minute.

Peace...

This is clearly an issue, upsetting many people (many people i've spoken to) PW need to be careful how far they push us for profits, before it comes to the stage we get pissed off and quit.
People who agree:
*List still incomplete*
<List growing rapidly>

-Worldlgcares
-Hellzphyre
-To_Ramrod
-Dipta
-Xxsentaki
-mssindel
-YordaUjain
-BoneCrusher_
-Cluin
-Rayning
-Cloudshine
-MDX
-Inavia
-Xshabertooth
-Shadow_EX_
-Sarabina
-minachan
-Gal_Tink
-Kesseron
-Paer
-_Roxas
-Inavia
-Zefe
-Ehriser
-Assassyayo (unsure)
-CloudShine
-Roxberry
-Relikpower
-Grippieluver (unsure)
-Dragqnuht
-maloy
-Posesdian
-ColeTurner
-Taesal
-ladyamen
-SoulSlash
-Kesseron
-Hecklar
-KikDraconis
-Bossy Racci
-Lunasas
-DarkenAngel
-Teoni
-Natas_Droi
-AngelixLion
-Xsabertooth_
-_Tominator
-ErinElf
-hossu_raoosi
-Son_Of_None
-Genty
-Relikipower
-anwynd
-Aelric
-Auldwulf
Post edited by betterwatchout on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Use apothecary pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • betterwatchout
    edited January 2010
    Use apothecary pots.

As I said on the first line of the post, I want your view, not the "solution". I'd also like to point out that needing to refill on "apothecary" pots all the time is not only costly but inconvinent even more so if you have no pots and need to go somewhere quickly.

This is a big problem, you won't know how big of a problem it is until you play a class which needs MP to fuction correctly. You'll be supprised how many wizards I see who run out of pots/money and are either forced to go to the IM or rest. This applys to clerics and other MP classes as well. Should classes such as these have to reply on pots anyway? Take a look at other games such as Diablo as well as other MMOs.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why can u not jut uze potz... i kno i'm low, and ya mp rate being slow iz annoying, but watch ur mp bar, and stop uzing mag if it getz too low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so basically you are saying that you want them to remove the need for MP to use skills. this would be the only way that you will not have to use pots/rest/MP charm. if they do this then it would be unfair for melee classes who still have to spam HP pots/rest/HP charms nonstop.

you want to be able to play this game free and with no inconveniences. too bad. quit being a cheap **** and buy pots/charms or quit your whining and rest when you run out of MP. you were already given a possible solution of using apo pots which you can make yourself for free but you dismissed that solution. this game is free to play not free to do everything just as easily as everyone else who spends money to support the game. paying to play makes things easier but you are still able to do things without spending money. it just takes longer.
    edited January 2010
    AMEN!!! couldnt have said it better myself hunny <33

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If the game wasn't a challenge, what's the point of playing? I feel like it's a tradeoff. Because we require so much MP, we never miss. Archers, BMs, Barbs, Sins, they can attack without MP, but they have the possibility of missing.

I'll put it simply: I disagree because if there's no problem with using MP, there would be no reason not to play classes that rely on MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited January 2010
    omgz ya'll r goddessez b:thanks

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To poor to get mp pots?......your kidding right. I can make 60k just by picking up coins and items no one wantsb:laughI think some one just wants to be lazy and lvl fast. Theirs no challenge if you can kill something easily like that. I for one love it when i die it's part of the game and well it may be annoying but I make the best of it. I even like to make a game of it some timesb:chuckle
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I never had problems with mp. I usually made apothecary pots, saved some in bank in case someone needs me for boss, rest i used on questing, if ran out then i just mediated. When did quests then i didn't teleport from one npc to other but fly there and picked up all herbs that are needed to make mp pots. At level 75 can get really cheap mp potions with tokens and that is big advantage against others classes who more depends on their hp not mp and 5k mp pots is to much for them as their mp pool is really small. Magic based classes have much higher mp recovery rate than other classes, short mediate fills up bar quickly, when like blademasters who don't have stats in mp or hp regens both hp and mp really slow. I think it is already pretty much balanced.
  • _Roxas_ - Raging Tide
    _Roxas_ - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I Do agree, might be cheap when i say this, but as a cleric, i see Profits per lv go from 30+k to 5k Because of pots. Although people who are against it do have valid points
    The New server is FTW. Good bye DreamWeaver b:bye
    My old Now Retired Chars, Top 3.......
    Aurin-lv 17 Cleric
    Ciary-Lv7 Cleric (Fail)
    The_Xion-Lv 6 Archer blademaster mix (Tryed mixing Archer with a blademaster weapon, Epic Fail b:surrender)
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why can u not jut uze potz... i kno i'm low, and ya mp rate being slow iz annoying, but watch ur mp bar, and stop uzing mag if it getz too low

That may be helpful for veno's since you can use both mag and phy attack, or just have the pet do it all for you but for clerics and wizards if you run out of mp your pretty well screwed.

But from what I've heard is that the mp rate was dropped it used to be 10 mag=+1mp/sec but now it's 20 mag. But I pretty much never meditate unless I'm waiting for the squad (which never happens, they usually wait for me). when you hit lvl 75 the event pots make everything alot easier, and before that there is still sesame which can still be bought but kinda hard to find now. But in runs most squads will try to kill you if you tell them to wait for you to regen your mana. so increased mana regen won't help. Just try to be more mana conscious, oh and use advanced spark it will recover 10% of you mana.
  • betterwatchout
    edited January 2010
    so basically you are saying that you want them to remove the need for MP to use skills.

No actually I'm not saying that. If you read the title it might give you an idea "increased MP recovery".
    if they do this then it would be unfair for melee classes who still have to spam HP pots/rest/HP charms nonstop.

No actually, Spells takes up ALOT more MP as they are been used all the time compared to HP which is going down much slower (when you get hit actually) Also bare in mind MP related classes have lower HP then Melee classes. If you were to run out of potions/MP in the middle of a battle, what do you do? Hit them with your staff?
    you want to be able to play this game free and with no inconveniences. too bad..

Okay, your making up your own stuff here. Who said I want the game to be free?

quit being a cheap **** and buy pots/charms.

Who said i'm not already? And FYI i'm not a 'cheap ****' until you get to know me better I don't think you can say that.

or quit your whining and rest when you run out of MP.

I do.....All the time actually.
    you were already given a possible solution of using apo pots which you can make yourself for free but you dismissed that solution..

FYI, I'm not looking for solutions as I said before I'm looking for people who agree with the fact MP recovery time is low as a whole, although the fact that we need pots so much kind of speaks for itself.

this game is free to play not free to do everything just as easily as everyone else who spends money to support the game. paying to play makes things easier but you are still able to do things without spending money. it just takes longer.

The game is free to play, and I'm not saying it's 'free to do everything'. I'm merely saying MP recovery rate per sec is slow.

As a final note, if you want to turn this into an agument, don't bother replying. If you disagree then disagree. Don't try and find "ways around it" or try to "prove" me wrong.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No actually, Spells takes up ALOT more MP as they are been used all the time compared to HP which is going down much slower (when you get hit actually) Also bare in mind MP related classes have lower HP then Melee classes. If you were to run out of potions/MP in the middle of a battle, what do you do? Hit them with your staff?
    she said tis unfair to the mellee calsses who ARE getting hit...what do u think mellee means....getting close and thus allow the mob to lad hits. and i get hit daamn hard....from moby my lvl(lvl 45 current). not to mention that mellee classes have to use mp pots as well...adding it up. and bout the run up of mp.....well check ur inventory before each battle and if ur bright enought u can guess what amoutn u'll need for the quest/grind etc.

and now ontopic. yes it is slow but at lower lvl it will always be slow so get to lvl 90 first and it will be better. and wenn i got me a tome now i have as a dex based class wit 5 hp bout 12 hp/sec recovery rate and it sure is helpfull not in battle since neither hp nor mp will be recovered fast enough. but for meditating it helps and as already said at higher lvls its high enough.

p.s (don'T try to tell me bout how u r already 90 or high lvl and its still too slow. i won't believe it. at higher lvl it goes up fast while medetating. battle is another thing if u wanna have a rec. rate so fast u don't need potting or resting ur in the wrong game) so to rise the rec. rate is useless.
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree to this suggestion, its really hard to play this game and you`re allways out of money and the prices for potions are really a way to costly.
    Playing mage is really annoying and boring sometimes couse you allways have to kill a mob and usually wait 5 minutes and then kill a second mob, and with higher levels they are more then 50 mobs you should kill only for 1!! quest!!b:angry
    i think really that the prices for potions should be lowered, then you have not that much frustration to play this game
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am happy with my MP recovery rate.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just wanted to point out that items listed as "Hot" aren't items that are purchased often (or for one, we'd see a lot more of those 70 gold tidal serpents). They're just items that are new and ones have been put in the cash shop, or given a discount, for a limited time.
  • SoulSlash - Dreamweaver
    SoulSlash - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my main is a barb and at lvl 70 i gain 1 mana per sec meditating. and i hav about 1k mana

just 2 days ago i finally got a "natures peace" ammy with +7 mana gain, which allows me to actully play the game without screaming for cleric buffs.

but yeah mana gain should also be based on max mana not just magic.
  • Kesseron - Dreamweaver
    Kesseron - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my main is a barb and at lvl 70 i gain 1 mana per sec meditating. and i hav about 1k mana

just 2 days ago i finally got a "natures peace" ammy with +7 mana gain, which allows me to actully play the game without screaming for cleric buffs.

but yeah mana gain should also be based on max mana not just magic.

I agree. And I also have +1 MP per second while meditating IIRC. It's pretty bad. And I use an assassin, which is supposedly somewhat notorious for its MP usage. And I'm running up towards 1k MP myself. And by those calculations, I'll need to wait a little over 16 minutes to refill all of my mana. Yes, there's this theory about them pressuring us to buy more stuff, but I'm beginning to wonder if it may also be a cheap attempt to slow everything down and keep us playing longer.
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2010

p.s (don'T try to tell me bout how u r already 90 or high lvl and its still too slow. i won't believe it. at higher lvl it goes up fast while medetating. battle is another thing if u wanna have a rec. rate so fast u don't need potting or resting ur in the wrong game) so to rise the rec. rate is useless.

Lol, Mp does NOT go up fast while I meditate, I have 3 Mag... That's NO extra recovery at all from my levels, just a few adds on my Armor. And because of my level, I have a bigger Mp Bar yes, it takes ALOT more time to Meditate... But I just use Event food, because It's like super cheap... o.o and when Annis go away again.. I'll probably switch back to MP charms... And NO, I won't be buying them with real money.. I'll be working my butt off to get them.. Betterwatchout Stop complaining that MP recovery is too low, It's low yes, but you are SUPPOSED to be required to use pots to refil it.. Or meditate, and stop quoting Everyone that dissagrees with you, people obviously DISSAGREE with your idea.. Also, when you screenshotted those Convos you asked a question and they replied with a one word answer... grats on that, I'm sure we didn't hear their entire opinions, just what you wanted us to see.. This is a Joke... People LIKE that Pw isn't too easy.. And so do I.. Also.. About mp classes burning way more mana lol.. Shut up, you have no IDEA how much mana Sage Barrage Burns through in a Delta RB Archers are the reason you go above Mana level 1, I need 3... My Barrage costs 270mana on initial start and 655 mana every 3 seconds after that.. Faster Mp regen will make a damn difference? HELL NO it won't.. Jesus.. the nerve of some Spoiled Lowbies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1. Use Apoc pots
    2. Get gear that has +MP recovery bonuses
    3. Use regular pots

4. If you use Apoc pots, stay away from other players, specialy clerics that are buff happy.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited January 2010
    This is a big problem, you won't know how big of a problem it is until you play a class which needs MP to fuction correctly.

Err . . . maybe you didn't notice my avatar? Pretty sure I burn through MP like wildfire.

If you don't want solutions to the issue, fine. I'll answer your initial question.

I'm fine with the MP recovery rate - it's part of the challenge of playing a magic user.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't agree with this thread. I've never had any MP problems, save for the times I space out and forget to pop a Mana Recovery Potion or something. I haven't used an MP charm in AGES, either, and still doin' just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    mp yes...
    untill lvl 40 i used no pots at all.
    and now i only use pots for tt, fb and bh.
    you could buy charms but if you dont use real money, just like me.
    making pots is te best way, search the mats yourself, half an hour a day is good enough for 2 days pots :)
    and do your quests without them, just meditate, i know it takes longer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • betterwatchout
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for your input guys, it seems mp recovery rate has been increased after I logged in last night a few of my friends also noticed. This has made things a lot easier for me as a cleric as well as a few higher levels i know in my faction.

As for PW, it just goes to show they are working hard and do take notice of our threads. Thanks.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for your input guys, it seems mp recovery rate has been increased after I logged in last night a few of my friends also noticed. This has made things a lot easier for me as a cleric as well as a few higher levels i know in my faction.

As for PW, it just goes to show they are working hard and do take notice of our threads. Thanks.

You lie. You just wanted attention.

ADMIT IT!

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited January 2010

Lets see..........

Your first post was on Saturday, January 2nd.
    You claim PW made changes to the MP rate on the January 3rd, a Sunday, and implemented it.

This is so wrong it is not even worth trying to troll.
    The all, Holiday, weekend, minor upgrade done not on a schedulled date, etc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited January 2010
    Wouldn't something like that require a patch anyway? (I'm dumb as a brick when it comes to computers)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Wouldn't something like that require a patch anyway? (I'm dumb as a brick when it comes to computers)

I am sure you can get your MP regain up without a patch, just by meditating.
    edited January 2010
    I am sure you can get your MP regain up without a patch, just by meditating.

Har har har . . .

You know what I meant b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Har har har . . .

You know what I meant b:chuckle

Hope you had a good holiday season :)