Sin vs Psy for Overall better PvPer

13»

Comments

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How do you get to 90 in a few weeks without oracles? Please tell me and ill be your new fan b:surrender.

Well i was being diplomatic. If i had said months, some hard core no life leveler would have disagreed

"Iz can play 24/7, RB/WQ/CS/FF/BH it in weeks but im albino from lack of sun"
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well i was being diplomatic. If i had said months, some hard core no life leveler would have disagreed

ROFLMAO

Thanks I needed that laugh. Yeah it would take a bit, and yeah some dumbass would go saying they could do it in a fraction of the time anybody would consider reasonable. They would then lie and say they never used oracles to do it (but we all know they would have).

Realistically. It will be at the least three or four months before any TB is in the 80's-90's range with average play and no oracles. Maybe slightly less if the player doesn't work/goto school or comes home from work/school and does nothing but play their character.

~DF
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's all about who attacks first at the lower levels I guess.

psysss.png

The Psys I'm showing screenie of is Level 60+ and I'm 53. He could kill me easy as hell if he just had attacked me first. At higher levels I'm not quite sure actually, but at my Levels theres not a big difference between the Sin and the Psys.

And no I'm not trying to look good.

(Ignore my lame **** genie and err gear)
  • doctoryak
    doctoryak Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for all your replies :) However, the point of this thread was how each class held their own against the other classes so its like a psy vs everyone else/sin vs everyone else, not psy vs sin

kthxbai b:bye

Keep on commenting please b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear48
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear48 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a) Duels
    Assassin. You can't kill what you can't see... and what's stunning you.. stopping you're spells, and imobilizing you, oh, and putting you to sleep... owait... you're dead already.

b) PKs
    See above answer

c) TWs
    See above answer

d) Overall PvP
    See above answer

Honestly, the assassin is already OPd for any PvP purposes. I don't even like PvP, and I suck at it... but I find myself killing so far) BM's, Psychics, Clerics, Wizzards, Venos, Archers with no trouble at all. *Haven't found a barb or assassin my level that would fight me*

Hell, I'm killing all of the above with them being 10 lvls above me. lol
    \Murloc/ (lvl 61 Assassin Leveling) ~ \Hiroko/ (lvl 76 Herc Veno Farming) ~ \Kosake/ (lvl 75 Axe / Fist BM Retired)
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Lmao b:laugh.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Yllarius - Heavens Tear
    Yllarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It depends on the level. I get boned at lower levels, but as I get higher, I win more often.

Soulburn.

How many times can you hit me before you die? Soulburn procs for almost 2k at my level. how much HP do sins have? A pure dex sin won't have 2k for some damn time.

That's assuming I don't hit you at all, by the way. I also have stun, which stacks with soulburn. So I soul of stun and soulburn. You take damage and stun yourself doing your port. I landslide. Death. Works most of the time.

Now, that's a duel, as I have ample time to prepare. Assuming it's PvP, it depends on who gets the drop. If I get the drop on the sin, it's dead, end of story. I deal to much damage before it can get away. If the sin gets the drop on me, I'm dead, unless I had soul of stun on. (Though I doubt it) THen I'm still pretty close to dead.

Also don't forget, Landslide kills channeling. With good timing, I don't get stunned. b:chuckle

EDIT: sorry, totally forgot I was reading older posts. Ah well, at least it pertains to the topic.
  • BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
    BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With equal skill and gear, I'd hand Sins an advanatge over Psychics because in my opinion they just have so much control over the fight...I've witnessed some duels and even when the Sin gets jumped, they still have so many options left open...If a Psychic fights a Sin...They have very little room for error. Of course no matter how much either has an advantage over the other, there will be times when skill allows the underdog to win...

But really...A Sin can decide whether or not to fight at all, period...And that in itself is a hugeeeeeee advantage...Stay in stealth...And you don't need to win or lose XD Tac on all the stuns,snares,silences,teleporting,run speed buffs, escape methods, ect....They just have a bunch of ways to stump or extremely agravate most classes if not obliterate them like "wet toilet paper"

A lot of people don't consider how much being caught by surprise can effect you...You can never fully regain the edge you lose from being ambushed like that... Even if you know there's a stealthed Sin around and are fully buffed...

Control: Sin>Psychic
    Mental edge: Sin>Psychic
    Damage: Sin=Psychic
    To me...Sin vs Psychic leans pretty far in the Assassins favor
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How many hints do you guys need? This topic isn't for discussing Assassin vs Psychic.
  • BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
    BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well it seems to be now... But that's why I added the line

"But really...A Sin can decide whether or not to fight at all, period...And that in itself is a hugeeeeeee advantage...Stay in stealth...And you don't need to win or lose XD Tac on all the stuns,snares,silences,teleporting,run speed buffs, escape methods, ect....They just have a bunch of ways to stump or extremely agravate most classes if not obliterate them like "wet toilet paper"" ^.^
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh this threads about psy vs all - Sin vs all?
    ok.

Psychic:
    Strengths:
    Psychic vs:
    Blademaster (90%)
    Barbarian (70%)
    Venomancer (65%)
    Cleric (50%)
    Archer (20%)
    Assassin (15%)
    Wizard (45%)

Assassin:
    Strengths:
    Assassin vs:
    Blademaster (30%)
    Barbarian (10%)
    Venomancer (80%)
    Cleric (90%)
    Archer (50%)
    Wizard (85%)
    Psychic (80%)

There efficency against each class is mesured by percentage. This is through my experience, Pk's, and training. And I think its pretty accurate.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Xirel - Harshlands
    Xirel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In terms of a duel it would be hard to tell.

In terms of PK assassin hands down.

In terms of TW boils down to what role the assassin is being asked to undertake.

The assassin skills make it well equipped to do a lot of damage fast and then escape without dieing. In other words we do well in short fights. In prolonged battles assassins chances of winning diminish quickly since we don't have much hp to operate with. I find that while playing the assassin class you have very little room for error in skill choices. Basically good assassins have to be very quick at deciding what is the best skill in any given situation. There is no one combo that does it all so all these paper/forum scenarios are meaningless.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok.

Psychic:
    Strengths:
    Psychic vs:
    Blademaster (90%)
    Barbarian (70%)
    Venomancer (65%)
    Cleric (50%)
    Archer (20%)
    Assassin (15%)
    Wizard (45%)

Assassin:
    Strengths:
    Assassin vs:
    Blademaster (30%)
    Barbarian (10%)
    Venomancer (80%)
    Cleric (90%)
    Archer (50%)
    Wizard (85%)
    Psychic (80%)

There efficency against each class is mesured by percentage. This is through my experience, Pk's, and training. And I think its pretty accurate.

lol

Because Light armor has more Mdef than robes, is that why psys are less effective vs. Archers and Sins than Mages and Clerics?

Everyone in this thread on a PvE server needs to GTFO. Sins win duels. Period.

In TW, Psys have the edge for their debuffs.

Psys will be terrible vs mages and clerics, decent against archers and sins, and great against barbs and BMs.

Sins **** robies, kill LA, and dent heavies.

Now go back to levelling, all of you.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree more to Morty(even if those can even be random number)than your average guy above(assasains pwn yo).But that would be corect if the same person plays all those classes and duels/pks himslef.A good kitting wizard will own barbs and bms without problems and so on.
    One thing sage was said along the posts that pshychics and assassins "shine" in small fights.On a longer fight(over 2 mins)all their benefits go away and they are as normal as a gimped wizard or fist bm.I still need to see psy and assassins fight against charmed/apo/food people.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A person who knows how to play his sin will eat all classes that aren't ha build (or have stone barrier and are la >,>). at 9x you would have to be 20 levels higher to see a sin in stealth or 10 with pot from new city. + Sins have amazing skills that could keep you tripled sparked for 40 seconds. The only thing that can kill a sin at 9x is another sin b:chuckle or a pure wiz b:shocked
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol

Because Light armor has more Mdef than robes, is that why psys are less effective vs. Archers and Sins than Mages and Clerics?

Everyone in this thread on a PvE server needs to GTFO. Sins win duels. Period.

In TW, Psys have the edge for their debuffs.

Psys will be terrible vs mages and clerics, decent against archers and sins, and great against barbs and BMs.

Sins **** robies, kill LA, and dent heavies.

Now go back to levelling, all of you.

You don't know what your talking about. Also I found it funny how you think people on PvE servers ain't Pkers.
    Listen a**hole, I had 70+ Archer on Harshlands, and at that level even on PvE servers everyone is basically pkin as there's not much else to do.
    The only difference on a PvP server is you don't get held up all the time, or see a bunch of high level noobs pking low levels in low areas.

So get your head out your ****, just because your forced to be pvp on pvp server don't make you better, or am I missing something Better yet do you have a char my server?

Also those arn't random numbers just by looking at armors, its called *Knowing* by builds, skill tree, and pkin, I play for long time so l2p before trynna tell me sh*t.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear
    Fatboykkb - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Niether no-one has yet leveled them high enough legitmately without using oracles as yet to know all the in's and out's of the class and there for the strengths and weakness for all you have listed.

whats wrong with people useing oracles? just because they decide to level differently than you they don't count?

ON-TOPIC:veno duh lol
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You don't know what your talking about. Also I found it funny how you think people on PvE servers ain't Pkers.
    Listen a**hole, I had 70+ Archer on Harshlands, and at that level even on PvE servers everyone is basically pkin as there's not much else to do.
    The only difference on a PvP server is you don't get held up all the time, or see a bunch of high level noobs pking low levels in low areas.

So get your head out your ****, just because your forced to be pvp on pvp server don't make you better, or am I missing something Better yet do you have a char my server?

Also those arn't random numbers just by looking at armors, its called *Knowing* by builds, skill tree, and pkin, I play for long time so l2p before trynna tell me sh*t.

lol someone's grumpy today.

They may not be random numbers, but they're still wrong.

There's NOT as much PvP on a PvE server as there in on a PvP one.

And yes, there are high levels ganking lowbies more on our servers.

Seriously, if you're gonna make stuff up, at least make it believable.

Kids these days...
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you want solid proof come to my server, or maybe some can demonstrate and embrass themself, sins will always have upperhand against a psy, just looking at the skill tree can tell you that, now seriously get over it. your better than us against barbs/blademasters anyway.

lulz.... you are so epicz...... Each class is meant to counter some classes and here you are stating that you are better than psys....b:chuckle

But that doesn't mean psys do not have anything against you in a fair duel... or perhaps, you prefer ganking because your opponents do not have the time to fight back?

And please..get to lvl 90 and above before telling us how epicz you are.... and it will be a long road to 90 for you if you choose not to oracle.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Don't flame in this thread, this is the last warning I will give here before we are forced to take disciplinary action b:victory

I think we can have arguments and debates without flaming, it benefits everyone when threads don't need to be locked.
  • ImFunding - Lost City
    ImFunding - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok.

Psychic:
    Strengths:
    Psychic vs:
    Blademaster (90%)
    Barbarian (70%)
    Venomancer (65%)
    Cleric (50%)
    Archer (20%)
    Assassin (15%)
    Wizard (45%)

Assassin:
    Strengths:
    Assassin vs:
    Blademaster (30%)
    Barbarian (10%)
    Venomancer (80%)
    Cleric (90%)
    Archer (50%)
    Wizard (85%)
    Psychic (80%)

Wonders where the 5% of psy/sin goes b:shutup
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sin AND psy were both made purely as pvp classes so of course they will be good in pvp. a sin vs psy match up can go either way, just depends on who is the better player.

and lol, ppl are still listening to morty? u guys are silly, arguing with morty is like arguing with a cat that thinks its a dog and knows everything there is about being a dog. no matter how much u try to convince the cat that its only a cat it will still think its a dog and that knows everything about dogsb:chuckle
  • ImFunding - Lost City
    ImFunding - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    and lol, ppl are still listening to morty? u guys are silly, arguing with morty is like arguing with a cat that thinks its a dog and knows everything there is about being a dog. no matter how much u try to convince the cat that its only a cat it will still think its a dog and that knows everything about dogsb:chuckle

b:victory
    "Never argue with idiots, they take u down to their lv and beat u in experience" b:chuckle
  • Oxycoton - Lost City
    Oxycoton - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This thread is POINTLESS at all... 'for now'....

There's no way to compare right now what class is better... we can do some assumptions and thats all...
    You guys forgot the PLAYER is that the one who makes the real diference... doesnt metter what class you are playing... if you are good enough and have ability/skills with your keyboard/mouse, you are good!!!

Dont forget about: PK Pots, HP/MP Charms, Attack/Defense charms, Genie Skills, lvl79 Books... etc... all kind of stuff can make a good diference in DUEL/PK/PVE/TWs...

The ONLY thing thats makes the REAL diference is your CREDITCARD... for ex: go plus your gears to +7->+10 and weapon to +10->+12 and of course you will have a good advantage about ANY class... thats all!!!

Is to early to make any comparasion about this 2 new classes... they not even have lvl79 books or sage/demon books yet... think about that... relax... take ur time...

b:bye