**** swatzika on the p.guardian charm

Options
Moozka - Sanctuary
Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
boutiquer.jpg

yeah.. um.. this is pretty offensive. you may want to change this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Moozka - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _azazel_ - Lost City
    _azazel_ - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It means different things to different cultures. The way its being used isn't offensive.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It means different things to different cultures. The way its being used isn't offensive.

^_^ This, the op should research things and not make statements without said research =P

Should also use the search feature and see all the other posts like this XD
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear39
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear39 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Go here and read up.

The Swastika was most commonly used as a symbol for peace, harmony, and balance. Hitler took this image and reversed the facing of it's points for what should be obvious reasons.

A swastica's ends pioint in the other direction, opposite of what is depicted on the plat charms
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The way its being used isn't offensive.

It offends me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It offends me.

Then you can get over it Q_Q
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It offends me.

Hold your breath until everybody conforms to your narrow view.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Then you can get over it Q_Q

Wow. My great grandmother died in one of the camps. Its great to know i'm being made fun of and told to qq over her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thats not a swastika dipstick....

#1 itss backward. the ones germany used n WWII was the other way around.
    #2 in other cultures its called a

-China - wan
    -England - fylfot
    -Germany - Hakenkreuz
    -Greece - tetraskelion and gammadion
    -India - swastika

the word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

ignorance knows no bounds |:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wow. My great grandmother died in one of the camps. Its great to know i'm being made fun of and told to qq over her.

.... how does that have anything to do with this symbol... which, as has been stated, is NOT a swastika =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

Yes, because people telling you that your inability to see something for what it is is TOTALLY the same thing as making fun of a Holocaust victim. What a child.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    .... how does that have anything to do with this symbol... which, as has been stated, is NOT a swastika =P

EXCUSE ME?! Wow this is the most cruel community of people. One of the worst event in man kind and everyone has things like this to say. And to a victim. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i had a granfather die in the camps too....

he fell out of a guard tower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    EXCUSE ME?! Wow this is the most cruel community of people. One of the worst event in man kind and everyone has things like this to say. And to a victim. Thanks.

...is it our fault that you will not read? We have stated why you shouldn't be offended at an image that is not the same image used during the holocaust... if anything we should be offended that you aren't listening to us.
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

seems to me that you are just trolling. I'm sorry if your great grandmother did die in one of the camps, that would be a horrible death, but please read up... this symbol is a GOOD THING, Hitler just perverted it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Joe__Biden - Sanctuary
    Joe__Biden - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are all ignorant. Just because that is not in the same geometrical rotation as a swastika does not negate the fact that otherwise it is 100% identical to it. And yes, it has been used by other cultures but if you asked people on the street 99% of the time they'd find it offensive. That symbol means hatred and racism it doesn't mean those other things. You all like to argue and you like to be in opposition. It is offensive. It is a symbol of intolerance and death. But let me ask you a different question: there are hundreds upon thousands of other symbols the game could have used. Why are you defending this symbol so fiercely?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:shocked you guy troll too much why dont just enjoy the game b:laugh
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika and review how this symbol has been used in cultural discourses through the vast majority of human history. Remember that Perfect World International is produced by a truly international effort with input from many cultures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this symbol is found in many religion and culture in asia before it had appeared on the **** flag.

If you're a little bit curious you will not also the different rotation way between the PWI symbol and the **** cross wich mean another meaning :).

Important for those who are still thinking this is the **** swatzika :

the **** Swatzika is a 45 degre rotate cross and turn in the opposite way of a clock.

The PWI Swatzika is straight and turn like a clock.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i had a granfather die in the camps too....

he fell out of a guard tower

I hope you and Hitler have a great time together in hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

Let me help you out here....

1. Read the responses before giving into the knee jerk reactions your ignorance causes.

2. Were YOU in the camps? Were you around when there WERE camps? You aren't a victim. Your grandmother was. Get over yourself.

3. The community is not cruel- they're literate. BIG difference.

4. Things like what to say? "This dog is an abomination!" "Uh...That's a cat..." "YOU'RE ALL EVIL!!111one!!eleven!!!1
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear39
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear39 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Do us all a favor, and listen for a second..

The symbol on the plat charms ~IS NOT~ a swastika! The swastika faces the OTHER DIRECTION.

If it were a swastika, I MAY give a damn about your QQ fest. But seeing as it's not, I'll hop on the train with all the others, a GM included, and ingore your QQ, pitty party, and whining.
    edited December 2009
    Options
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tis a troll b:sad
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are all ignorant. Just because that is not in the same geometrical rotation as a swastika does not negate the fact that otherwise it is 100% identical to it. And yes, it has been used by other cultures but if you asked people on the street 99% of the time they'd find it offensive. That symbol means hatred and racism it doesn't mean those other things. You all like to argue and you like to be in opposition. It is offensive. It is a symbol of intolerance and death. But let me ask you a different question: there are hundreds upon thousands of other symbols the game could have used. Why are you defending this symbol so fiercely?

Wow someone actually has a heart and a sense of moral and historical accuracy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    because the original poster is not opening their mind to realize that its the exact opposite of everything shes complaining against. people act all nuts over the holocaust like it was the greatestest travesty to hit the world, but its not. and to keep fighting hate with more hate and unforgiveness is not only ignorant, its closeminded stubborness

dont forget that the ottomans had an armenian genocide, african are murdered daily hunting 'blood diamonds' and fighting off things ike this in the congo and darfur, what the american government did to the indians in the trail of tears; moving 63 tribes out of their homes with violent force, josef stalin killed 2x as many russians out of fear.

these are small examples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wow someone actually has a heart and a sense of moral and historical accuracy

Wow someone isn't listening to anyone and effectively being a troll b:sad
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This game was created in China, one of the prevailing religions there is Buddhism, check the history books, Buddhists and other religions have used that symbol positively for centuries before it was appropriated by a certain European ruler.

Thats why.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _azazel_ - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

See dog/cat analogy parody above.

That symbol means NONE of the things you seem to think it does. A large part of the population believing it does doesn't make it true- was the Earth flat in medieval times? Pointing out somebody is wrong doesn't mean they're being argumentative. It turned into an argument when a rational answer was given and the response was to close your eyes and yell, "NUH UH! You're all bad people!"

Let me ask you this: As this game is of asian origins, and its a symbol meaning peace there, why should they care about the opinion of a few uneducated westerner's opinion while designing their game?
This discussion has been closed.