Archers VS Assassins PvP

DarkHam - Harshlands
DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
I love PvP, and I love to duel or pk anyone I see that is near my level. And I always enjoy a good challenge.

I've dueled some Assassins a bit lower than me, and they put up a really good fight for their level, and I'm starting to get scared.

What if that Assassins was my level? Could they have pwned me easily? I tried pulling all my tricks out, Casting WoG, Holy pathing away then stunning, Extreme poison and other things but I can't help but think that Assassins will dominate us in PvP because we are squishy.

When they go invisible, I can't think of anything to counter it besides wait for them to attack me.

Anyone know a good tactic for killing assassins?
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well since sins are great at getting up close to people who kite i would recommend getting a genie with thunder storm and using

thunder shock > lighting strike > thunderous blast > thunder storm
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think you wont stand a chance at all because sins can stealth and teleport next to you.
    With range you would do only 50% of the damage then.
    A good tactic would be to create a barb cuz of the high deff and high hp the sin wont stand a chance with his daggers lol.
  • System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited December 2009
    There has to be a way to kill them >:[
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    There has to be a way to kill them >:[

well since sins are great at getting up close to people who kite i would recommend getting a genie with thunder storm and using

thunder shock > lighting strike > thunderous blast > thunder storm

didn't type it for the fun of it >=[
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think its about balance archers are dominating in pvp (i mean most high ranked pvp players are archers) So now there sins to cut down the archers. And the sins will be destroyed by barbs. But why do u wanne kill sins annyway?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love PvP, and I love to duel or pk anyone I see that is near my level. And I always enjoy a good challenge.

I've dueled some Assassins a bit lower than me, and they put up a really good fight for their level, and I'm starting to get scared.

What if that Assassins was my level? Could they have pwned me easily? I tried pulling all my tricks out, Casting WoG, Holy pathing away then stunning, Extreme poison and other things but I can't help but think that Assassins will dominate us in PvP because we are squishy.

When they go invisible, I can't think of anything to counter it besides wait for them to attack me.

if they stealth run up to a nearby low lvl mob and use your aoe knockback

if you think thier about to tele to you just hop in the air

the above metal combo would kinda nuke em

other than that do what you archas always do...gank and pray for luky crits *shrug*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    if they stealth run up to a nearby low lvl mob and use your aoe knockback

if you think thier about to tele to you just hop in the air

the above metal combo would kinda nuke em

other than that do what you archas always do...gank and pray for luky crits *shrug*

tele works while flying
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    tele works while flying

dosent work ground to air

bms tele to remember?

so its not like i havent tested it >.<

fly up about 5 meters...pause...drop 9 times outa 10 they'll warp to you in air while your on th ground or will tele in below you
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    dosent work ground to air

bms tele to remember?

so its not like i havent tested it >.<

fly up about 5 meters...pause...drop 9 times outa 10 they'll warp to you in air while your on th ground or will tele in below you

no bms don't tele they jump

sin tele in instant

the leaps may say it teleports you but you only do a silly jump forward/backwards, sin teles you instantly lol
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    no bms don't tele they jump

sin tele in instant

the leaps may say it teleports you but you only do a silly jump forward/backwards, sin teles you instantly lol

yours is faster true

does it put you in auto fly and take you into the air?

if not then everything your saying is null n void
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    yours is faster true

does it put you in auto fly and take you into the air?

if not then everything your saying is null n void

lol how are you suppose to get in the air while the sin is teleing?

either they tele when your on the ground or they see your in the air so they hit there flight button then hit tele

it's not like they go ok i will tele in 3 seconds, oh wait he just hopped on his sword i won't bother getting on my flying thing i'll still tele while i'm on the ground
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    lol how are you suppose to get in the air while the sin is teleing?

either they tele when your on the ground or they see your in the air so they hit there flight button then hit tele

it's not like they go ok i will tele in 3 seconds, oh wait he just hopped on his sword i won't bother getting on my flying thing i'll still tele while i'm on the ground

honestly...yes 99% of people are idiots

thats like saying "no way this archer wolnt kite" or "i should make a vit axe bm* or "HA/AA venos fail"

so yes i do expect cheap tricks like that to work and they often do
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    idiots attract idiots. . .

try fighting someone who knows what they are doing then
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DONT ARGUE WITH IDIOTS.
    they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    idiots attract idiots. . .

try fighting someone who knows what they are doing then

b:cute those are the only ones worth fighting

gotta say i look forward to sins n psys hitting 7x non oracled will be rather fun to nuke/get nuked by yall
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    b:cute those are the only ones worth fighting

gotta say i look forward to sins n psys hitting 7x non oracled will be rather fun to nuke/get nuked by yall

meh sins aren't made to kill heavy armor i don't think i'll bother with bms personally
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    meh sins aren't made to kill heavy armor i don't think i'll bother with bms personally

this IS a game with demon clerics....

im pretty shure with chill from deep tele and your full ulti spark gain combo you could take out a bm

also if attack levels apply to geni skills then sins could chill+amp+bramble rage and well....GGb:shocked

any class can kill any class quite easily if you know how and suplament your weaknesses with a good geni
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If the sin gets near you, Winged Shell and ensure your evasion buff is on.

Then you can choose between the following:-

Winged Pledge - Pretty sure most of us dont get this but against an assassin it would be really really good. Fast Cast, Fast Cooldown, Decent Damage and doesnt need a bow (for those who like to switch to fists) :P

Wingspan - AoE + Pushback with a decently fast cooldown

Thundershock, Lightning Strike, Thunderous Blast (not that fast but nevertheless useful since it has a decent AoE radius)

Stunning Arrow - although wont do much dmg it wud give you some time to land a few hits.

Also good to have a Dew of God Protection (the one which lets u absorb 1000 dmg)

If you need more damage, you could try Extreme Poison and Frenzy along with sparking.
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Get to 79 for alacrity. That way you can save yourself from being slept/held/stunned and anything else besides silence. Granted youd just have to time it right but if your worried about stuns and etc invest in Elven Alacrity. Also i do alotta damage to an 8x archer when i was 49 xD
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this IS a game with demon clerics....

im pretty shure with chill from deep tele and your full ulti spark gain combo you could take out a bm

also if attack levels apply to geni skills then sins could chill+amp+bramble rage and well....GGb:shocked

any class can kill any class quite easily if you know how and suplament your weaknesses with a good geni

sorry for double post >.< but attack level affects your genie? O_O and what do i need for bramble rage? ._.; lol 9 lvls until my amp >.< and 10 til my tt60 daggers which imo is the best tt60 weapon xD b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    sorry for double post >.< but attack level affects your genie? O_O and what do i need for bramble rage? ._.; lol 9 lvls until my amp >.< and 10 til my tt60 daggers which imo is the best tt60 weapon xD b:victory

use the edit button

and for bramble rage its metal 6 earth 7
  • Eva - Lost City
    Eva - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As I see it. Sins are even squishier than archers by far. However, in a 1v1 fight, they are really hard to beat. Archers generally run from melee attackers that don't do much damage. You can't run from a sin, and they do as much damage as you do while having stuns, seals, immobilization, and can pretty much spark in your face easily. And you will only have one actual stun attack for a long time which doesn't last long. This is all speculation but as I see it, archers pretty much screwed unless you get a couple of lucky metal crits in a row.

I haven't PvP'd an Assassin yet but your best chance is to take the fight in the air if you can since you'll have more freedom to move around. In such a fight, it might be best to abandon defense and go all out damage with frenzy, extreme poison, and thunderstorm on your genie. Just my 2 cents of speculation.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    As I see it. Sins are even squishier than archers by far. However, in a 1v1 fight, they are really hard to beat. Archers generally run from melee attackers that don't do much damage. You can't run from a sin, and they do as much damage as you do while having stuns, seals, immobilization, and can pretty much spark in your face easily. And you will only have one actual stun attack for a long time which doesn't last long. This is all speculation but as I see it, archers pretty much screwed unless you get a couple of lucky metal crits in a row.

I haven't PvP'd an Assassin yet but your best chance is to take the fight in the air if you can since you'll have more freedom to move around. In such a fight, it might be best to abandon defense and go all out damage with frenzy, extreme poison, and thunderstorm on your genie. Just my 2 cents of speculation.

if two different classes use the same build, same armor, same hp per level and all that

how is one of them squishier?
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Assassin; Shadowjump -> Tackling slash -> puncture wound -> deep sting....spark burst/wolf emblen = Dead Archer.

You can't kite an assassin, get over it. Your better than us in PvE anyway.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    because 1 class prioritizes on not letting people get close while the other class gets close to other people? however one can reason that sins wouldn't go after heavy melee chars anyway, making them just as squishy as archers against other robe/LAs :/
    Assassin; Shadowjump -> Tackling slash -> puncture wound -> deep sting....spark burst/wolf emblen = Dead Archer.

You can't kite an assassin

OK COOL STORY!
    Wings of Grace -> LOL KITED
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    because 1 class prioritizes on not letting people get close while the other class gets close to other people? however one can reason that sins wouldn't go after heavy melee chars anyway, making them just as squishy as archers against other robe/LAs :/

same hp, same defense, same squishyness >=[
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2009

You can't kite an assassin, get over it. Your better than us in PvE anyway.

LOL says the LVL 38 ****
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    if two different classes use the same build, same armor, same hp per level and all that

how is one of them squishier?

In PvE we are because we have to get up close meaning more damage.
    LOL says the LVL 38 ****

I had level 70 archer to, get of your alt noob and shup.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009

OK COOL STORY!
    Wings of Grace -> LOL KITED

Nice story to, won't work on assassin sorry kthxbai.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    In PvE we are because we have to get up close meaning more damage.

they take the same number of hits until they go splat so they are the same squishyness

archers just avoid the hits more but they still the same squishyness