Citrine Shards = Pure Wizards best choise.

Options
2»

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, under 95 a mix of garnets and citrines makes sense.
    after 95, with 2 lunar rings event boots, hat and cape (2x216pdef one) is quite ok to go for all citrines.
    I don't think I have any garnets right now, still I have over 9.3k pdef full buffed.
    the 200 HP I gained giving up about 500 pdef full buffed is more than worth it. I stand now at almost 5.1k HP unbuffed and ~6k pdef self buffed. Pdef is still low without buffs, but that's one thing that can easily be changed (3rd and 4th map belts) and refine both my sky demon neck and belt to +5. That would take me deep into the 10k phys def. 3 more refines and I will hit 5.5k HP (7k HP with normal barb buffs) and that will be the endgame for me.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is one reason

Also, you dont need much citrines at 90. Most of your gear adds vit/HP and you can refine it for a nice boost to HP.

One of my friends was a 9x wizard, all citrines and had some trouble getting one shot by archers. I told him to add in some garnets. After putting garnets in his armor, he can tank 4 BMs and an archer. He has nearly 5k HP unbuffed 10k pdef full buffed and he doesnt cash shop. I consider that impressive. Going all citrines isnt worth it and yes, i have one shotted all citrine arcanes before, without crit, its not too hard to do.

This is the gear i have for 90
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a5ae9b2e560aa888
    now if i was to shard all citrines
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2622394e62896b88
    i wouldnt last very long in TW. Maybe for PvE, but for PvP/TW garnets and citrine mixed, but there are a few exceptions(if you can get the event gear with +pdef and you can get a decent amount of pdef without garnets).

2.5k unbuffed is the magic number

with buffs 69% vs 61%,5151 hp vs 5961
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he can tank 4 BMs and an archer.
    lol... there's isn't a single wizard that can tank 4 BMs and an archer if they're equal level. One heaven's flame followed by a few true emptiness shots and you're gone even if you have 10k hp.

And honestly with 6.5k pdef self buffed I still feel like I'm taking way too much damage... and I have 5.7k HP along with the pdef. So nothx @ full citrine unless I pull another 200m out of my **** for a ring and better refines + shards.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol, going full HP shards is not "the way to go" at all, unless you have enough money to refine your pdef ornaments to +7ish or higher. Otherwise, 159 pdef unbuffed > 150 hp unbuffed. Because not a lot is going to happen with that HP... but that pdef will jump to an increase of 350 pdef with just sage stone barrier. Fully buffed you're looking at like 200 hp vs 500 pdef. And yes 500 pdef still matters @ 10k pdef fully buffed, considering this is just one piece (3 shards) of equipment.

Keep in mind, Going from 60 to 62% may not be that much of a difference, but going from 80 to 82% lowers the damage you're taking by 10%... when it's already low. HP shards are eventually better, but not until after you refine your ornaments -a lot-. And you'll need good gear (event helmet and lunar rings along with a good cape etc) as well.

endgame = event gears with +7 refines. you don't refine your endgame gear to +3 do you?

and even if you did I wouldn't shard g8+ pdef gems since your gear will never be replaced high refines will inevitably be achieved effectively wasting those pdef gems when they are replaced.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol... there's isn't a single wizard that can tank 4 BMs and an archer if they're equal level. One heaven's flame followed by a few true emptiness shots and you're gone even if you have 10k hp.

And honestly with 6.5k pdef self buffed I still feel like I'm taking way too much damage... and I have 5.7k HP along with the pdef. So nothx @ full citrine unless I pull another 200m out of my **** for a ring and better refines + shards.

They are all 9x but we have to consider my friend has a bit of the event gear and uses buddha's leaf(eww fail wep x.x)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is one reason

Also, you dont need much citrines at 90. Most of your gear adds vit/HP and you can refine it for a nice boost to HP.

One of my friends was a 9x wizard, all citrines and had some trouble getting one shot by archers. I told him to add in some garnets. After putting garnets in his armor, he can tank 4 BMs and an archer. He has nearly 5k HP unbuffed 10k pdef full buffed and he doesnt cash shop. I consider that impressive. Going all citrines isnt worth it and yes, i have one shotted all citrine arcanes before, without crit, its not too hard to do.

This is the gear i have for 90
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a5ae9b2e560aa888
    now if i was to shard all citrines
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2622394e62896b88
    i wouldnt last very long in TW. Maybe for PvE, but for PvP/TW garnets and citrine mixed, but there are a few exceptions(if you can get the event gear with +pdef and you can get a decent amount of pdef without garnets).

2.5k unbuffed is the magic number

lrn2maths Rtard

effective HP with garnet/citrine

against phys: 4006*1.58=6329
    against phys: 4006*1.65=6610

effective HP with citrine

against phys: 4636*1.50=6954
    against phys: 4636*1.65=7649

ure build is pretty fail imo

with cleric/bm buffs it gets even failer
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So you have a badass red glow instead of a lame purple one.

Have you ever heard of... Fash?!
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lrn2maths Rtard

Seems nice on paper, but...from experience Garnets/citrines are the best mix. Pure mag is fail? Since when?

After buffs
    the 6001 pdef FULL buffed is a huge turn off. I get more than that right now and phys damage can sometimes still be a problem. Considering once i find some decent rings, the garnet/citrine is the best way to go. I may reconsider as i start adding event gear but other than that, im going garnet/citrine.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Seems nice on paper, but...from experience Garnets/citrines are the best mix. Pure mag is fail? Since when?

After buffs
    the 6001 pdef FULL buffed is a huge turn off. I get more than that right now and phys damage can sometimes still be a problem. Considering once i find some decent rings, the garnet/citrine is the best way to go. I may reconsider as i start adding event gear but other than that, im going garnet/citrine.

pure mag is c00l
    i was talking about ure soulgem build
    kinda misleading

but srsly look at the theory
    citrine is better
    human experience is susceptible to bias etc
    maybe u just feel stronger against phys attacks when socketed with garnets cos their designed for defense against phys
    but maths says ure not

cleric buffs will just pump ure defs higher making garnets even worse

have faith in the maths
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pure mag is c00l
    i was talking about ure soulgem build
    kinda misleading

but srsly look at the theory
    citrine is better
    human experience is susceptible to bias etc
    maybe u just feel stronger against phys attacks when socketed with garnets cos their designed for defense against phys
    but maths says ure not

cleric buffs will just pump ure defs higher making garnets even worse

have faith in the maths

The goal for a 90 wiz is 2.5k pdef unbuffed and 4k HP unbuffed. If i can hit that, i am perfectly happy. I prefer more pdef though. Right now i have 2.6k pdef unbuffed and with cleric buff and self buff, archers still hit me for 3k-3.5k damage. Well, they are level 100 archers but in TW and PK, i prefer the pdef.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lrn2maths Rtard

Because multiplying damage reduction with HP is going to tell us anything? LOL

Might want to use some common sense before applying your l33t math skillz
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because multiplying damage reduction with HP is going to tell us anything? LOL

Might want to use some common sense before applying your l33t math skillz

ok my bad my calculations were wrong
    sorry for being a jerk Mizuoni

correct formula

hp/(1-dmg_reduction%)

therefore

against phys: 4006/(1-0.58)= 9538
    against phys: 4006/(1-0.65)= 11446

against phys: 4636/(1-0.50)=9272
    against phys: 4636/(1-0.65)=13246

judgement as to which is better is up to you
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    endgame = event gears with +7 refines. you don't refine your endgame gear to +3 do you?

and even if you did I wouldn't shard g8+ pdef gems since your gear will never be replaced high refines will inevitably be achieved effectively wasting those pdef gems when they are replaced.
    missed this zzz

g7/g8 shards are cheap enough, relatively. Would rather use some pdef ones till you have the money to refine to +7, which is pretty damn expensive. I rather not fail for half a year long till I finally get money for decent refines. Besides, g7/g8 shards all get removed in the end, can replace them with perfect shards or maybe even gems once you're done refining.

And really, even endgame pdef shards are still an option. It all depends on what kind of gear you're wearing. HH99 top/sleeves don't add pdef, channeling cape doesn't add pdef, etc. Sharding for wizards is all about making up for whatever you're lacking, it's not simply throwing shards around.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    does anyone know the formula for defense
    ie how much defense gives you how much reduction
    i would really like to know
    because then it would be easy to determine exactly how you should shard for maximum survivability
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    % Reduction = def / (def + 40*level)
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And really, even endgame pdef shards are still an option. It all depends on what kind of gear you're wearing. HH99 top/sleeves don't add pdef, channeling cape doesn't add pdef, etc. Sharding for wizards is all about making up for whatever you're lacking, it's not simply throwing shards around.

This.

Chollita, stop doing that -_-