Sharpened tooth arrow.

Options
Medziotojas - Momaganon
Medziotojas - Momaganon Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Archer
Hello boyz and girlz!

This Sharpened Tooth Arrow(STA) thing has been bugging me since low levels, but I was just too lazy too ask D:

I have read numerous forums and and pwi-wiki articles and all examples are given like STA works fine even after 10% HP reduction is reached. However I have maxed out my STA and it always always always reduces boss Max HP by 10%, not 16%. Then maybe STA shouldn't be upgraded more when 10% HP reduction is reached, because higher reduction simply doesn't work.
I just hope that getting level 11 STA will solve this.

Please tell me if it is same for all of you guys or it is just me O.o
Post edited by Medziotojas - Momaganon on

Comments

• Riarou - Archosaur
    Riarou - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think it's just you o_o
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The 16% is wrong, it's actually only 15%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Medziotojas - Momaganon
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, but
    I am sure that if Boss hp goes down from 4 000 000 to 3 600 000 it is 10% not 16% or at least 15% b:surrender
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    a sin or bm isn't overwritting you sta with deicides or ribstrike 10% hp loss are they???

if not idk
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    a sin or bm isn't overwritting you sta with deicides or ribstrike 10% hp loss are they???

Even if someone else overwrite the debuff, the boss/mob is going to lose 5% HP because of STA :o
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's just you. Level 10 STA is working exactly as it should be (albeit 15% instead of 16%). I'd wager someone else is over-writing yours and that's what causes you to see a 10% drop.
    Even if someone else overwrite the debuff, the boss/mob is going to lose 5% HP because of STA :o

True, but the numbers themselves will show the overwritten % hp number and it can confuse some people.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It's just you. Level 10 STA is working exactly as it should be (albeit 15% instead of 16%). I'd wager someone else is over-writing yours and that's what causes you to see a 10% drop.

True, but the numbers themselves will show the overwritten % hp number and it can confuse some people.

The two cases for that would be Deicide/Regicide/Windpour and Sage Rib Strike.

With high APS, the proc for the claws is going to happen quick, whereas Sage Rib Strike can happen whenever, depending on the player.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I am totally sure about no one else overwriting it. It is usually me, my barb, my friend cleric and his level 92 BM With Gorenox doing tt2-3. Bosses always looses just 10% HP b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You're going to have to do screenshots or a youtube video to show whats going on. I admit it's been years since I've had a level 10 sharptooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Okay, I will upload screenshots today