Oracle Nub INFO

Comments

• Mikeymike - Harshlands
    Mikeymike - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no im not joking and i decided to spend $145 to get to lvl 70 on my veno instead that way i can still buy her a good flying mount and yes i am willing to spend that much on a game.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Laaaaaaawl

too bad soon im be able to what maybe 2 hit you squishy.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    too bad soon im be able to what maybe 2 hit you squishy.

nope.
    b:chuckle
    you be in a different server.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    nope.
    you be in a different server.

i go to lost city spend $230 to get to lvl 70? in a couple of days.....
    edited December 2009
    i go to lost city spend $230 to get to lvl 70? in a couple of days.....

and your going to do your original plan for harshland?
    b:puzzled
    you willing to spend near $400 to have 80 ish characters on 2 servers?
    XD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    and your going to do your original plan for harshland?
    b:puzzled
    you willing to spend near $400 to have 80 ish characters on 2 servers?
    XD

ya sure why not
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya sure why not

Its your money, by all means do what you will with it..

But think about what type of things you COULD do with that money than just spending it on levels? Getting orbs for your gear? spinning that money into in game coin and walk around ballin'? Perhaps expanding your inventory, getting nice things that you may need in the future? And then, play the game and get your levels by actually having fun and, yanno, playing the game?

I'm not talking to a brick wall here, Am I b:sad?
    edited December 2009
    ya....you could get a super inventory stone, fast mount, good gear....
    o well.
    (^.^)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Sad how u make a topic about it. QQ about oracle users. Everytime i see ppl flaming about it, u can just read the jealousy. If someone came to u and offered u 100 oracles, u wouldn't say no. Ofc u didn't pay for it, that person did, but while he did it, he "ruined" the auction prices.

Why r ppl so obsessed with oracles? If it's not them, it's going to be another event that ruins the auction prices. And if ur mad since u cant "compete" with them, that's just sad.

PWI is a company and oracles is a good income for them, so it's also natural they implement it.

If u can't afford to use real cash in the game, play it for free, but don't harass ppl who can. It's becuz of them u play it for free...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sad how u make a topic about it. QQ about oracle users. Everytime i see ppl flaming about it, u can just read the jealousy. If someone came to u and offered u 100 oracles, u wouldn't say no. Ofc u didn't pay for it, that person did, but while he did it, he "ruined" the auction prices.

Why r ppl so obsessed with oracles? If it's not them, it's going to be another event that ruins the auction prices. And if ur mad since u cant "compete" with them, that's just sad.

PWI is a company and oracles is a good income for them, so it's also natural they implement it.

If u can't afford to use real cash in the game, play it for free, but don't harass ppl who can. It's becuz of them u play it for free...

It's not frustrating to most because they're paying real money. I never got annoyed at the person with fashion (maybe a little jealous, but not angry about it), or better wings than I have or even people that used exp scrolls all the time. It's frustrating because of the fact that this game is a game where you HAVE to interact with others for higher level dungeons. I have to rely on my barb to know to use Flesh Ream, and not ask me if they can tank Pole in human form with an archer two levels higher than them there just waiting to pull aggro (true story).

When I see them walking around level 80 it doesn't bother me. It's when that level 80, who quite possibly has no idea how to play his class, joins my squad. I expect that wizard/archer to know how to not pull aggro, and the barb to know how to keep aggro. I expect the veno to do more than just heal her pet. I depend on other characters in dungeons, and when they oracled ALL of their levels they have a much higher chance of wiping us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited December 2009
    Thats where factions and a community come in. I hardly play with ppl i don't know well, unless for bh runs. Rest is pure friend/faction based.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Thats where factions and a community come in. I hardly play with ppl i don't know well, unless for bh runs. Rest is pure friend/faction based.

I get to know people by...wait for it...playing with them. Plus, random BH runs have just as much a chance to fail as any other kind of run.

If they can play their class, then I don't care whether or not they're oracled, because I won't even be able to tell. But I'm going to repeat what I saw someone else say on a similar thread: If you had the choice between a party that's 5 oracle levelers that have never run a dungeon on their character, or 5 players that leveled normally and have run other dungeons, but not that one, which would you choose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt care as long as it gets the job done...U keep saying ppl who use oracles dont know how to play their class. Where is the proof?

I've known barbs and clerics that use oracles and they do their job very well, and I know clerics that dont use em and they arent coming into my party when i play my barb.

It just depends how the person plays. Its not like PWI is so dam difficult to learn -_-.

Its wrong to generalise skills with the use of oracles, some ppl do what they should do, and others fail where they shouldnt, oracles isnt at fault.

Im not saying ur completely wrong, there will be ppl but Im pretty sure the majority isnt affected by it.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I wouldnt care as long as it gets the job done...U keep saying ppl who use oracles dont know how to play their class. Where is the proof?

I've known barbs and clerics that use oracles and they do their job very well, and I know clerics that dont use em and they arent coming into my party when i play my barb.

It just depends how the person plays. Its not like PWI is so dam difficult to learn -_-.

Its wrong to generalise skills with the use of oracles, some ppl do what they should do, and others fail where they shouldnt, oracles isnt at fault.

Im not saying ur completely wrong, there will be ppl but Im pretty sure the majority isnt affected by it.

See:
    If they can play their class, then I don't care whether or not they're oracled, because I won't even be able to tell.

Also:
    I depend on other characters in dungeons, and when they oracled ALL of their levels they have a much higher chance of wiping us.

Nowhere did I say that oracle users are all horrible, or that they all don't know how to play their class. Although you can thank Specialmats for giving all oracle haters the proof that they wanted ("How do I play wizard?").

What I said was that there's a higher chance of oracles causing people not to know how to play their class. If I had to play with a group of people, and all I knew about them was one group leveled entirely on oracles and one leveled normally, I would be much more willing to trust the group that leveled willingly because although the oraclers may know their class inside and out, they also very possibly might not. I'd rather not take that chance and depend on someone who spent their entire game killing the same mob over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    When I see them walking around level 80 it doesn't bother me. It's when that level 80, who quite possibly has no idea how to play his class, joins my squad. I expect that wizard/archer to know how to not pull aggro, and the barb to know how to keep aggro. I expect the veno to do more than just heal her pet. I depend on other characters in dungeons, and when they oracled ALL of their levels they have a much higher chance of wiping us.

I was talking bout that sentence, maybe u didnt say it literally but it means the same :)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I was talking bout that sentence, maybe u didnt say it literally but it means the same :)

It means that they have a higher chance of not knowing how to play the class, not that all oraclers do.

I'd prefer not to play the odds if I have a choice. That's why I dislike oracles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lain - Harshlands
    Lain - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oracles... *sigh* people that use them to this extent make me sad..b:surrender
    edited December 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    No most are mad these days because there are no REAL players in this game no longer.No more people who spend countless hours profecting their class,countless hours grinding,zhen,fb,tt..etc..while these nubs take the fast lane.If some one goes and spend 2k gold then yeah they may not be fail in here..well yeah they are...but in RL i know they are mega fail..most prolly get disbility checks or maxin credit cards that tehy cant pay..or nub teens that jsut got a credit card lololol...who else is going to need a gov. bail out.

Thats gotta be the biggest fail assumption ever... U KNOW they r mega fail in RL?
    What made u God?

Seriously, read ur sentences before u flame like that...

And oracles let ppl who dont like to grind lvl faster yes, but whats more fun, grinding or oracles?
    Think it's pretty obvious...
  • Chershir - Harshlands
    Chershir - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    aren't oracles just like grinding? i mean, you're just killing the same mob over and over... oracles just give a lot more exp per mob, right? i don't think it's cheating to oracle, but i get bored with the quests that have me kill 20 of the same mob, i couldn't imagine how boring it might get to spend 5-10 levels killing one kind of mob...
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I oracled a barb to 80+ because i needed one. Takes like 30 minutes to learn the basics of tanking b:surrender. Pretty sure its the same for all classes - well archer might take 5 min since you only have to auto shoot and sharp tooth.

I never gotten any complains in instances at all running fbs/hh/bh/rebirth on my oracle nub, just "good job ty" lol.

Basically lower lvl pve in this game is SO EASY its lame, you can oracle to 80+ and learn the basics about you the class in 1 hour or less. Anyone thats not a complete tool can do it, and im sure it applies for tideborns to.

Alltho when it comes to all form of pvp, 95-100+ pve and 86+ rebirth all that stuff that needs you to focus, you kinda need to know far more than basics about the class. People that spammed Oracles to 95+ would not be preferred in my party cuz they would get me killed and make us fail <.<

I would not mind doing bh69/79/89 or any Fbs with a full party of oracle babies tho, since its pretty much impossible to fail as long as you know the basic functions of 6-10 skills.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Its your money, by all means do what you will with it..

But think about what type of things you COULD do with that money than just spending it on levels? Getting orbs for your gear? spinning that money into in game coin and walk around ballin'? Perhaps expanding your inventory, getting nice things that you may need in the future? And then, play the game and get your levels by actually having fun and, yanno, playing the game?

I'm not talking to a brick wall here, Am I b:sad?

theres allways more money dear but im not going to start refining at 7x. ill probaly star refining at maybe 9x
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    aren't oracles just like grinding? i mean, you're just killing the same mob over and over... oracles just give a lot more exp per mob, right? i don't think it's cheating to oracle, but i get bored with the quests that have me kill 20 of the same mob, i couldn't imagine how boring it might get to spend 5-10 levels killing one kind of mob...

the boredness is worth it since you will be 80+ when you finish.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    No most are mad these days because there are no REAL players in this game no longer.No more people who spend countless hours profecting their class,countless hours grinding,zhen,fb,tt..etc..while these nubs take the fast lane.If some one goes and spend 2k gold then yeah they may not be fail in here..well yeah they are...but in RL i know they are mega fail..most prolly get disbility checks or maxin credit cards that tehy cant pay..or nub teens that jsut got a credit card lololol...who else is going to need a gov. bail out.

wow you'r obousily the fail one here lol you said they fail in real life. just because you are less fortunet then us dosn't mean you have a right to flame us.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Been playing sinse the begining.

Played the hard way, yes i spent some serious amounts of money on the game. But i play my class. I know how not too pull aggro. I play my Barb in as equally a fastidious way. He looks after people, the squishies. Its my responsibilty as a barb too ensure i have aggro at all times. My skills are also levelled to the max for my level (77)

Its not the fact folks are using the oracles, its the way they obsesivly do so to level. That really isnt playing any class. I got a great solution though.
    Have party lead. Dont be affraid too use that boot noob button. Ask the random player you never seen before how long they played, if they level 80 an been on the server 3 weeks they oracle idiots an you should be using that boot noob button. IF they level 80 an been there 4 months chances are they know what they doing.

Play the game.
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Been playing sinse the begining.

Played the hard way, yes i spent some serious amounts of money on the game. But i play my class. I know how not too pull aggro. I play my Barb in as equally a fastidious way. He looks after people, the squishies. Its my responsibilty as a barb too ensure i have aggro at all times. My skills are also levelled to the max for my level (77)

Its not the fact folks are using the oracles, its the way they obsesivly do so to level. That really isnt playing any class. I got a great solution though.
    Have party lead. Dont be affraid too use that boot noob button. Ask the random player you never seen before how long they played, if they level 80 an been on the server 3 weeks they oracle idiots an you should be using that boot noob button. IF they level 80 an been there 4 months chances are they know what they doing.

Play the game.

okey look we can get to 80 in 2-3 days but thats not the point. lots of people who oracle know how to play there class well. sometimes even better than a person who hasn't oracled. we leveled faster people think oh you'r a oracle noob out of jealousy then you say well i can 2 hit u with my oracle powah!!!!!!!!!!! *pew pew* there dead and there on the floor qqing thats how it uasly goes.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ill admit i used oracles myself, but they drop off mobs an i stash em till end of the level. But you dont learn how too survive killing same mob for 10 hours.
    Barbarians with level 3 flesh ream trying too tank 51 bosses. While high level wizzies are pulling agro.
    Clerics trying too heal me with Blessing of the pure hearted on Jewel an failing too purify me tells me there are lots of idiots out in PW land who know bugger all about anything PW.
    Find yourself on wrong end of a party wipe due to one of these idiots an tell me this is a good thing!
    Yes we have some fine players out there who will have used em too level a toon, but it becomes very plain who is an who isnt when the barb says too the cleric.
    'At what point was you going too heal me? Neverind try your level 1 res....'
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yea, I bet TW factions are purposely oracling the Tideborn so they can have them ready for TW and gain the advantage. (If there is one <____<)

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm sure there are plenty of us that have made a fortune in game and are just outright bored. whats the point of having billions of coins? I'm probably gonna quit soon anyway.

Its just a way to revitalize the game a bit.

and seriously it takes about 2 hours to master a class. timing in this game is like non existent. all you need to know is how the skill works.
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
  • Mikeymike - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Ill admit i used oracles myself, but they drop off mobs an i stash em till end of the level. But you dont learn how too survive killing same mob for 10 hours.
    Barbarians with level 3 flesh ream trying too tank 51 bosses. While high level wizzies are pulling agro.
    Clerics trying too heal me with Blessing of the pure hearted on Jewel an failing too purify me tells me there are lots of idiots out in PW land who know bugger all about anything PW.
    Find yourself on wrong end of a party wipe due to one of these idiots an tell me this is a good thing!
    Yes we have some fine players out there who will have used em too level a toon, but it becomes very plain who is an who isnt when the barb says too the cleric.
    'At what point was you going too heal me? Neverind try your level 1 res....'

like i said before its not hard to learn how to play a class geeze some oraclers know how to play there class better than people who didn't oracle....isn't that amazing.