Game losing its fun?

2»

Comments

• Axel - Harshlands
    Axel - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    expansion is all hype

Hype brings in players, players create a community which leads to great fun when you find the group you fit in with. The expansions greatest asset I think will be the people it brings into and brings back to the game (like me :P)
    For some reason, I post more now then I did when I actually played this game...does that make me a troll?
    *Waiting on Tideborn*
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was getting extremely bored of the game until I made a paliden b:chuckle Maybe you just need a change, playing the same character forever is bound to become dull. Roll something fun and different, like a caster class if you play melee or vice-versa. Or even something crazy like a bowbarian or HA wiz or something and make it your goal and challenge to actually be comparable to others your level.

Or just take a break from dailies for a day and go run instances with friends and help players with bosses and stuff. Taking a break from spam-dailies to do more social activities can be nice.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Higher level tt's are a lot harder (relatively)
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lvl 60 and getting bored O.O you havent even gotten to the good stuff like higher lvl TTs and TW come back when your 8x 9x or 10x and tell us your bored b:cute b:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lvl 60 and getting bored O.O you havent even gotten to the good stuff like higher lvl TTs and TW come back when your 8x 9x or 10x and tell us your bored b:cute b:chuckle

lol, 6x is when Barbs start taking a long time to level, 8x is a loooooong ways away. And there's what...4 guilds on HT with territories? So...800 people get to TW, if all the guilds have max members? Then there's the problem with getting INTO a guild.
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you ask me, getting from lvl 1-60 is the boring, bland part. There's so many new things you can do starting now - and you should be kept especially busy seeing as how you're a barb. If you're finding it boring and complaining about it on the eve of the new expansion ... then it's definitely time to take a break b:bye
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    hype brings players,hype brings cash,hype raises gold again,hype = fail.

Hype raises gold prices, greedy me charges ZEN and sells gold at higher prices, people are force to buy, I get rich, ????, PROFIT!!

Hype = WIN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Reylenn - Sanctuary
    Reylenn - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not one to talk, I'm only six levels higher then you, but it seems to me you can only really start to play your class when you get to around 60. You've just got your 59 skills, your starting to get involved in TTs and more dungeons, and all in all, I'm starting to enjoy my barb a lot more.
    There's something very satifying about tanking a dungeon ment for players 10 levels higher then you.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol, 6x is when Barbs start taking a long time to level, 8x is a loooooong ways away. And there's what...4 guilds on HT with territories? So...800 people get to TW, if all the guilds have max members? Then there's the problem with getting INTO a guild.

lol there are guilds without land that still tw and have fun...barbs are the most wanted class along with cleric, you should have no problem finding zhen squads as lurer or BH squads as tank...and seriously 6x was one of the easiest times to lvl i also found it easy on my bm and BH 51 is so fun b:cute b:bye
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    OhnO - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think i've been through all those stages O.o
    Started out rolling an endless hoarde of BMs in HT before Dreamweaver came up.
    Knowing that BM was the only class i wanted to play and the knowledge i've had built up on the skills and builds i rolled an Axe-BM on dreamweaver.
    Allways was the fastest dinged toon in every guild i made it into until i reached calamity.
    but on the way there things irl had became so fxcked irl, gf who got pregnant and dumped me etc.
    depressions crawled in my mind even during the gameplay, so i realised the game wouldn't help me.
    was addicted allready so in order to stop playing and take a hold of my life i trashed my char T_T

cala only had two territories at the time, but i still don't regrett it, i feel much better now
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I've been noticing lately how...easy the game is. How boringly bland and streamlined squads can be. People talk about doing dungeons and such for fun, but where's the fun? Am I doing something wrong? It feels like nothing requires any work. Just spam aggro skills to tank. Does this change at higher levels, or do i just have boring squads? Just feels like there's no challenge any more, and all people care about is killing the boss asap to get exp. But what happens after the exp? What EXACTLY are we working for? Not dissing the game, I LOVE this game, just wondering if anyone else has felt this decline of fun that seems to come with experience.

come play on a pvp server
  • akidia
    akidia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I've been noticing lately how...easy the game is. How boringly bland and streamlined squads can be. People talk about doing dungeons and such for fun, but where's the fun? Am I doing something wrong? It feels like nothing requires any work. Just spam aggro skills to tank. Does this change at higher levels, or do i just have boring squads? Just feels like there's no challenge any more, and all people care about is killing the boss asap to get exp. But what happens after the exp? What EXACTLY are we working for? Not dissing the game, I LOVE this game, just wondering if anyone else has felt this decline of fun that seems to come with experience.

I've noticed over my gaming experience, that I will start to go into different "game moods" if you will. Sometimes I'm having more fun than ever, and a week later I'm just jumping around the trees, asking myself why I even play this game. Then the Rising Tide expansion comes out, and I'm entertained for another 6 months. b:laugh