Game losing its fun?

Leolf - Heavens Tear
Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Well, I've been noticing lately how...easy the game is. How boringly bland and streamlined squads can be. People talk about doing dungeons and such for fun, but where's the fun? Am I doing something wrong? It feels like nothing requires any work. Just spam aggro skills to tank. Does this change at higher levels, or do i just have boring squads? Just feels like there's no challenge any more, and all people care about is killing the boss asap to get exp. But what happens after the exp? What EXACTLY are we working for? Not dissing the game, I LOVE this game, just wondering if anyone else has felt this decline of fun that seems to come with experience.
Post edited by Leolf - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Get to level 101, heck get to 8x, then come talk to me....And seriously? You write this now with an expansion launching tonite b:surrender

*sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Expansion's in 9 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I've been noticing lately how...easy the game is. How boringly bland and streamlined squads can be. People talk about doing dungeons and such for fun, but where's the fun? Am I doing something wrong? It feels like nothing requires any work. Just spam aggro skills to tank. Does this change at higher levels, or do i just have boring squads? Just feels like there's no challenge any more, and all people care about is killing the boss asap to get exp. But what happens after the exp? What EXACTLY are we working for? Not dissing the game, I LOVE this game, just wondering if anyone else has felt this decline of fun that seems to come with experience.

sounds to me you need a break =] Every good gamer realizes that when they start to feel hum drum about a game they are playing, they need a break for a time, and when they come back, they feel refreshed.

Ive been playing this game for 1 year now, first as a cleric, now as a barb. I appreciate playing different classes, learning different things and meeting new people =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Maybe make a different class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Expansion's in 9 hours.

12 hrs unless you intend to play during the maint. :d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Someone has PWI burnout.b:shocked

Don't worry, in a few hours the game is gonna get a lot more interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • yetey
    yetey Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well the my object for leveling up and farming is the simple thought of getting to higher level....
    so that i can be of use in pk and TW....
    to me this game is all about TW
    edited December 2009
    sounds to me you need a break =] Every good gamer realizes that when they start to feel hum drum about a game they are playing, they need a break for a time, and when they come back, they feel refreshed.

Ive been playing this game for 1 year now, first as a cleric, now as a barb. I appreciate playing different classes, learning different things and meeting new people =]

I agree with this. When anniversary packs came out, I was upset and quit because of the "imbalance" they caused, and how everything seemed within a credit card's reach. I stopped playing, uninstalled, and got my life back together.

I focused on my studies, worked on extending my social network, getting out more often with friends, and just living for the lulz.

And that was completely awesome. However, when I was unable to go out or do something (usually due to lack of fundage and whatnot), I'd have no choice but to sit in my room and watch TV...which gets boring fast. I wanted something to kill time and have fun with. Then I remembered PWI. I got back on, logged in, and talked to my old friends. I grinded a while, then remembered how fun this game can be.

Now I'm back into it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I had lost a little interest in the game for a while but started working with my old BladeMaster that I rolled and did nothing much with. Since then I have been having a lot more fun than I ever had with my Veno. I look forward to the new expansion because the new classes should also add a good deal of challenge and enjoyment back into the game.

Try other classes, maybe you just rolled one your not really well suited to play.

~S
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That's how any game that has "no end" is, though. If the game isn't doing anything for you, something tells me you have no fun and cool people you regularly hang out with on it. People can make a game or server.

Like other people said, try taking a break; play a different game if you want and realize how awesome this one is. b:victory
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Reroll into a pvp server.
  • TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary
    TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But what happens after the exp? What EXACTLY are we working for? Not dissing the game, I LOVE this game, just wondering if anyone else has felt this decline of fun that seems to come with experience.

That was the exact thing I asked myself before I quit my last game...

I have an answer but I'm going to keep things to myself in the case of invoking a series of conflicts that does not need to be shown in forum

Anyways this does happen to me a lot

Cause after a while I lose interest

I would just suggest take a little break, come back after Christmas and with the New Race I think that things will become more interesting for you

And I say after Christmas when the lag died down a bit (hopefully)

As for me..

the ONLY reason I am playing is cause I have a guild that loves me and wants me to lvl up :3

If I didn't have friends I would have quit long time ago and moved to like JD probably (fan of the story)

Cause I think lvling by yourself is pretty boring
    Spoons is a very nice GM b:cute
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    agree with OP

this game is really boring now, its all old and decayed
    edited December 2009
    I have an idea!

1. Go get a Sega Genesis

2. Buy Battletoads.

3. Play Battletoads.

4. RAGE at Battletoads.

5. Beat Battletoads at age 90.

6. Come back to PWI.

7. Play and realize how empty your life was without it.

8. Die of old age.

9. ????

10. PROFIT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I will leave this article for you. It definitely helped me to better understand the player life-cycle:

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001588.php

Don't stress off it if you're getting bored, give it a rest and after a while you'll know if you still want to keep a place for an MMO in your life. Playing casually is more gratifying than the constant grind to get every single thing you want, which usually ends in burnout.
  • LockDown - Harshlands
    LockDown - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I will leave this article for you. It definitely helped me to better understand the player life-cycle:

Don't stress off it if you're getting bored, give it a rest and after a while you'll know if you still want to keep a place for an MMO in your life. Playing casually is more gratifying than the constant grind to get every single thing you want, which usually ends in burnout.

Spoons is right.. And he said something non-generic and non-company oriented! Apocalypse incoming. b:shocked
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Spoons is right.. And he said something non-generic and non-company oriented! Apocalypse incoming. b:shocked

Whatever you say Collapse, you should PM me, I need to talk to you. b:chuckle
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

listen to PapaSpoons...he knows best =]

Honestly, if you take a break and come back, casual playing is really awesome. It doesnt feel like a 'chore' anymore trying to compete with others to get the best gear, max skills or w/e people compete for. I made that mistake on my first char and it drove me nuts. I took a few weeks break, and started up this guy ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009

so im in Mastery O_o?

<--quited and came back...btu im sad cuz so many ppl oracled to 70 -_-....now i usualy get in fail squads QQ
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LockDown - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Whatever you say Collapse, you should PM me, I need to talk to you. b:chuckle

Like any good forum gangstuh, i dont contact you, you contact me b:cool
    edited December 2009
    I'm in Recovery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I'm in Recovery.

GA? Gamers Anonymous? b:chuckle

*stuffs you back in box to sell*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    GA? Gamers Anonymous? b:chuckle

*stuffs you back in box to sell*

lolwutdarkbox

Nah, I'm just "End-Game Casual" now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Leolf - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    lol...I've hardly played this game in weeks XD And I don't really give a rip about leveling. But I have lost a lot of friends, and every guild seems really dead. I'm gonna reroll a Psychic on LC tomorrow. Just feels like nobody ENJOYS the game any more. Instances are so goal oriented, nobody kamikaze's a hoard of mobs, then laughs it off when they die. I've always been a casual player. I play for long periods of time, but that's just because I'm homeschooled with nothing to do on the weekdays XD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked
    me do teh kamikaze on mobs.
    b:surrender
    probably should stop.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LockDown - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    I havent played in about 2 months, feels good man. I just post of forums during work, to bestow my knowledge onto the trudging masses of course :)
    edited December 2009
    Ah...I remember when I had a squad to kill some of the bosses for the 59 Culti Chain...I screamed LEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRROOOOOOOYYYYYYY in common chat and was one-shotted.

And everyone had a good laugh. b:thanks
    I havent played in about 2 months, feels good man. I just post of forums during work, to bestow my knowledge onto the trudging masses of course :)

Or to troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Leolf - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Er, what I should've said is that TB won't change much. Sure, the gameplay will be a little different, but at 19, it's back to archosaur. Then the same exact quests, same bosses, etc.

Edit: I think I need a goal :/ Or at least a not-crappy guild XD
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Er, what I should've said is that TB won't change much. Sure, the gameplay will be a little different, but at 19, it's back to archosaur. Then the same exact quests.

the public quest chain will be interesting to experience I think =] its a new aspect that I havent been able to experience in a MMO.

To be honest, with this char, I dont even bother doing quests unless I have down time. Im in no rush, I do my dailies, TT/RB/FCC, joke around on vent with my friends....the quests will be there still (most of them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    expansion is all hype