What do You think Assassains will target in pvp?

Options

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    note: did not read posts..

I think they will be able to kill anone they want cos of dagger speed, and atatck speed buff and so. just like claws/fist can **** HA just in matter of seconds.
    but else yes ofc robes /bye lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Assassin is a archer with daggers, dex affects it in the same way. Therefore, robes will be the target for them.

assassin=/= archer idk why u guys keep saying that. just because they both use the same stat to get there power from which is dex dont make them the same. clerics/psy/wizards/venos all get there power from the same stat to which is magic but that dont make any of them the same now does it?

and honestly i do not think assassins will suck once ppl LEARN TO PLAY them and know what there weaknesses and strengths are. but i doubt they will flat out suck and be a useless class to play.

and where is the psy love? all i hear about when it comes to tideborn is assassin assassin assassin >.>
  • Centll - Dreamweaver
    Centll - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    assassin=/= archer idk why u guys keep saying that. just because they both use the same stat to get there power from which is dex dont make them the same. clerics/psy/wizards/venos all get there power from the same stat to which is magic but that dont make any of them the same now does it?

and honestly i do not think assassins will suck once ppl LEARN TO PLAY them and know what there weaknesses and strengths are. but i doubt they will flat out suck and be a useless class to play.

and where is the psy love? all i hear about when it comes to tideborn is assassin assassin assassin >.>
    You want psy love? ok make your own threadb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Why these horrible things happen to good people ill never know but theres always something you can do *picks up pitch forks and torchs* Calls forth Angry Mob b:angry
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    archer>assassin>cleric

so yes they target AA
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    idk...considering sins will be LA, arcanes can wipe them before they get close enough....LA's are super squishy too, dont forget b:chuckle

lol you do also realize that assassin will be up close and personal to you in an instant. aka teleport, and max teleport (lvl 59 skill most likely) is teleport and 3 second stun so trying to kill them before they get close you'd half to 1 shot which we can avoid and then you still half to take into account that you gotta see us first.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    magic classes are overpowered? so thats why I can 1 shot mages higher level then me... hmmm

fight a good mage

here is a taste of mage powah!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    clerics/psy/wizards/venos all get there power from the same stat to which is magic but that dont make any of them the same now does it?

Build-wise, it does. Pretty much Pure-magic or pure-magic-hybrid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    In most other games, sins go after clothies, so I voted arcane. :D
  • Il_Marto - Harshlands
    Il_Marto - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    edit:dont wanna be funny anymore
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and how exactly do u know this when u never even played the class? same goes for the other guy u quoted. dont speak as if u know how to play the class already when u never even touched the class at all =/

I've played the class. On the CN version thank you very much. On a side note: Getting your level 100 fairy as an Assassin may prove to be very difficult.

Then again, I do somewhat have to guess as my ability to read Chinese is very limited.

From what you know you guys make assassins to be great. Well I'm telling you that they arent going to be anything good unless your willing to spend large amounts of money on your gears. Assassins are a Free to play, Pay to Win class. Thats how they were designed (its the same with the other classes but to a lesser extent.)

An assassin with 10k hp will be amazing, an assasin with 5000 not so hot. An Assassin with less than 4000 hp is a pretty much a non-factor. Sure there are skills which help you take less damage - but you fail to understand the damage you take will be high.

Also pray you dont get debuffed if you're counting on that revival skill to save you.

magic classes are overpowered? so thats why I can 1 shot mages higher level then me... hmmm

I've honestly never seen you around so I highly doubt your a factor - being on Lost City and all. You've probably Ganked with some people and consider yourself a factor because you were able to team up on a mage higher than you.

But if your feeling up to the challenge go declare a KOS on one of the major guilds and you might be surprised at just how helpless you are.
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i don't believe going on the server that they have been released on can give u a correct feel for a class. i reckon the skills they found wont work well or have problems with under powered or over powered will be nerfed and fixed with our expension release as they would be where they originated from. we are all going to just wait and see how assassins play out i for one am rolling one on harshlands to test it out
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Moving this thread to the brand-spankin' new forum!
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Of course more HP is better, but this class was designed to deal quick damage in a short amount of time. It's about killing your opponent as fast as possible to avoid a long fight and taking damage. You teleport 35 meters to a unsuspecting foe and stun/seal/sleep/amp/bleed them. Since ranged classes are typically weaker to melee damage, it shouldn't be hard to take them down.

I dont think it's fair to say something like "you fail to understand the damage you take will be high". Assassin's aren't meant to be good at taking damage in the first place. And what about LA venos vs melee, LA archers vs melee, arcane wizards and clerics - isn't the damage these classes/builds receive pretty high too? Sure, you may argue that some have skills to prevent damage, but the assassin class has this too.

I'm not saying assassins are going to be overpowered ... but I just don't agree with them being "woefully inadequate" relative to other classes.

I've played a melee class for a while now on LC and the main problem while fighting archers/wizards for me has been kiting and distance shrink. Getting to the opponent before they can take me down can sometimes be difficult, especially while airborne. That's why I'm hoping a sin will solve my problems >.<!
    Moving this thread to the brand-spankin' new forum!
    Nice (\(^o^)~
  • Reylenn - Sanctuary
    Reylenn - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Arcane, because of the shadow step skill. (Is it called that here?) I've heard a lot about Guild Wars from my faction mates, and if the assassins here are anything like they are there, Mages are not going to like Assassins.
    I've heard they were quite good against tanks too, but Guild Wars is a skill based game rather then Gear based as PWI is.
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so much speculation, its nice to wonder but is it really necessary to flame and shoot down someones ideas? it is just speculation after all. Everyone seems so negative, we are getting two new classes be excited! Should be talking about fun stuff like which outfit to mail myself, or what name to use!
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • boltarius
    boltarius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i rly think that the assasin build is gnna just like archer...high crit dmg...fast hits like the fist bm...some kind of LA like archer and a lot of eva and acc ....
    arcane is gonna be their target ,,i guess they could kill some LA chars but not as easy as arcanes but they will SUCK against chars with heavy armor ....
    they will need apothecary skill .....and i dont need to said they gna be DD...but i will still say cuz i like writing b:victory

but i dont have a F****** clue how the psychic is gonna be ..i guess its gonna be a some kind of wizard with diferent skills and withoth the nuking ability .... anyways...i think the coming expansion its gonna be cool :DD
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oops lol voted LA but i think they will most likely target arcane classes like most phys atk user
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    Of course more HP is better, but this class was designed to deal quick damage in a short amount of time. It's about killing your opponent as fast as possible to avoid a long fight and taking damage. You teleport 35 meters to a unsuspecting foe and stun/seal/sleep/amp/bleed them. Since ranged classes are typically weaker to melee damage, it shouldn't be hard to take them down.

I dont think it's fair to say something like "you fail to understand the damage you take will be high". Assassin's aren't meant to be good at taking damage in the first place. And what about LA venos vs melee, LA archers vs melee, arcane wizards and clerics - isn't the damage these classes/builds receive pretty high too? Sure, you may argue that some have skills to prevent damage, but the assassin class has this too.

I'm not saying assassins are going to be overpowered ... but I just don't agree with them being "woefully inadequate" relative to other classes.

I've played a melee class for a while now on LC and the main problem while fighting archers/wizards for me has been kiting and distance shrink. Getting to the opponent before they can take me down can sometimes be difficult, especially while airborne. That's why I'm hoping a sin will solve my problems >.<!

Nice (\(^o^)~

agreed.

@angellicdeity, saying a class wont be good unless u shell out $$$ is not the right thing to say. in order for any class to be better then what they are then u need to put $$$ into them. this goes for ANY f2p MMO. if u want ur char to be good u need real $$ simple as that. so saying assassins will need money for them to be any good is just being biased. any class u need money for in order for them to be good.

its obvious that if u put real $$$ into ur char then u will be SIGNIFICANTLY better then classes that do not put $$$ into there char.
  • emoretrospective
    emoretrospective Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    maybe everything though since a ot of heavies cnt hit for **** and assasins usually are known for high evasion. itd be like fightin a fist bm with an axe bm at lvl 50 miss miss miss miss miss miss miss -_-
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No idea why archers and casters keep talking about 1 shotting an assassin. They have two tps; important part being the ranges being 30m on one, and 35m on the other. So unless taken by surprise, you won't be 1 shotting them since only archers have greater range over one of the tps. Which means they are already beating the heck out of their target before being 1 shot.

Not sure if fast attack of daggers will matter, they seem a heavy skill based class. One of their buffs increases their ATK lvl at the cost of their attack speed. Not an issue when hitting skills, and they will need to in order to keep the target stunned, slept, and frozen to kill it quick then get out of their.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • SuperJerry - Harshlands
    SuperJerry - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think assassin's high dex may allow them to last pretty long against tank barbs, but the hits that do hit will probably break them. (to summarize: they'll last a while, but probably won't win)
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    arcane/LA at like.. most of the low and mid lvls, and everything at the high lvls id presume
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'll dominate heavies with mine.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    agreed.

@angellicdeity, saying a class wont be good unless u shell out $$$ is not the right thing to say. in order for any class to be better then what they are then u need to put $$$ into them. this goes for ANY f2p MMO. if u want ur char to be good u need real $$ simple as that. so saying assassins will need money for them to be any good is just being biased. any class u need money for in order for them to be good.

its obvious that if u put real $$$ into ur char then u will be SIGNIFICANTLY better then classes that do not put $$$ into there char.

Its not being biased its the truth from what I've seen already.

You'll find out for yourself soon. It will probably be different for you since your on a PvE server where you wont constantly be under fire.

I invite you to step foot on Lost City and level an Assassin there. You'll find out first hand what I mean by you needing to cash shop in order to be a factor.

Also, for all you attack rate fanatics - it doesn't matter how fast you attack if your enemy can step back. With resistance skills it makes it very difficult for an assassin. It doesn't matter what skills and buffs you have when you can be purged and debuffed.

Again, its clearly evident that you guys wont understand what I'm saying until a couple of days from tommarow. Perhaps a month for you to get into the heavy PK-Zones such as the swamps. Come time to get the second OHT map you'd better have friends if your an Assassin. Pretty much party deadweight there.
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    53 votes for arcane assassin!!!!!!! b:laugh

b:bye please invite me i want to see how u guys gonna play a melee class with the lowest phy defenceb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

b:bye please invite me i want to see how u guys gonna play a melee class with the lowest phy defenceb:shocked

with our superior skills of course b:victory
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

It's what assassins will pk the most, not what armor they will use lol
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I thik Assasins will attack arcane users mainly... I also think that they will **** everything endgameb:victory
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • akidia
    akidia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    us squishies >_>....

Squishies for life! b:victory
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    OhnO - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    managed to read allmost up to the end of page5.
    have to agree on how many negative ppl there is about the classes.
    someone else also reminded us about psychics =)
    i've not read to much about the skills yet, only enough to get some little insight in what kind of role the classes will get.
    used to play as BM before, now as cleric, both classes (if u ask me, and of course as all classes) has great advantages and disadvatages,
    of course these new classes won't be different, but don't complain only cuz u found a thing or two that u don't like, i'm sure ur complaining about ur current class as well.
    as for what i think the assassins will attack first is robes, due to the damage they can deal on classes without high-phys-def as cowardly as ppl usually are.
    should also remind that both these classes will have skills that will be wanted in every instance, and therefore count some classes out (my bet, venos, archers & a decision between wiz n bm)