Good Things About New Server

Options
LockDown - Harshlands
LockDown - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Alright so alot of people seem to be bashing the release of a new server. There are alot of positives tho.

!) Cheap Gold for a long time to come. Thats right no anniversary packs to inflate gold prices. Some of you say "Lies! Gold will be high because of principal and the other packs!!" No. The other packs arent in super high demand. Plus, the new economy doesnt have pack-injected coins or coins coming from territories to raise price.

2) No event stuff, at least untill next sept. Thats right enjoy the pvp and tw like you did before event stuff.

3) A new start on territories. Self explanitory.

4) A chance to make your sin and psychic on equal footing with the rest of the classes.

Now some say "Well Harshlands and Dreamweaver arent even full Yet! This one will surely fail!" No harshlands is the only server underpopulated of the 2. Dreamweaver is about right at Heaven Tears pop level b4 DW and HL were released. Plus, PWE will be dumping money into marketing becuz of expansion, so new players will generally gravitate to new server.

Well anyways im prolly rerolling there once i come home. Gunna be fun to start fresh with no event **** and test out my sin in equal TW's.
Post edited by LockDown - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, the gold on the new servers when they opened was automatically higher than the old servers by a good margin. I would expect the trend to repeat itself. Probably to a greater extent, because now everyone is conditioned to expect a "handout" event and will artifically inflate gold prices in anticipation of one.

Also a side note to everyone thinking they're reroll and suddenly become a factor: You won't. If you aren't a factor on your server already, then you don't have the free time to become one on this server. Sorry to say, but it's true. So if you have some grandiose idea of being the best of the new server, quell the thought now and avoid disappointment.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dont forget players will also have to earn there levels, no-one can oracle there way up b:victory that has got to be the best bit of a new server.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont see why gold would lower in price...

EDIT: grr didnt get 1st post lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dont forget players will also have to earn there levels, no-one can oracle there way up b:victory that has got to be the best bit of a new server.

There are tons of oracles coming out of the new packs, iirc. Maybe not as easy to get them as on older servers, but you'll still find people spamming oracles to their hearts content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LockDown - Harshlands
    LockDown - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, the gold on the new servers when they opened was automatically higher than the old servers by a good margin. I would expect the trend to repeat itself. Probably to a greater extent, because now everyone is conditioned to expect a "handout" event and will artifically inflate gold prices in anticipation of one.

Also a side note to everyone thinking they're reroll and suddenly become a factor: You won't. If you aren't a factor on your server already, then you don't have the free time to become one on this server. Sorry to say, but it's true. So if you have some grandiose idea of being the best of the new server, quell the thought now and avoid disappointment.

Well sure that was the case b4, but there simply will not be enough coins to support a 650k price. It just simply wont happen. Sure 150k-200k is to be expected but without territorie payments and ann packs pushing coin into the economy i just cannot see gold prices going over 200k for a long time to come.

@ the factor thing. PvE servers have a different community then pvp servers. You dont have to be super high lvl wtfpwn every1 to be well known. You can just have an outstanding personality or 1 of the 1st to have a high manu skill.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I cant wait for someone to spend a couple thousand dollars right away on the new server. There will be a cash shop and packs, and what comes from these packs. I really want to see someone get to lvl 90 in the first week or twob:shocked.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Personally, I think playing on this server will lag Barbs and Clerics at first. Im sure the majority of the people rolling on the new server will be a Tideborn.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    !!if u make a barb or a cleric on new serv u will be the most requested player so make a cleric !!
    i will be assasin on new serv!! heheb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No event stuff and packs until next september? yeah okay
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

No event stuff and packs until next september? yeah okay

^^these

/10char
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    People do realize that the server will be (initially) filled with the new classes right?

How are people going to accomplish some things without the other classes?

ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Options
    whoever makes a barb is going to be my bestest friend because a high defense fighter teamed up with a Psychic is invulnerable! b:pleased A cleric is going make me uber happy on teh new sever. NO WIZARDS! just kidding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    BAD THINGS ABOUT THE SERVER

new server means all this is to fund for the server

-more sales
    -new packs
    -more ways to reap in $$$ for PWE

this means no stable economy, good bye to the dreams of even 200k per gold

hope your all happy.........

ohh and a whole tideborn populated server, how boring
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    People do realize that the server will be (initially) filled with the new classes right?

How are people going to accomplish some things without the other classes?

ijs

You'll be surprised. Two guilds that have caught my eye and one which have made sure they have hand-picked players to fill classes of each race in their unity.
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i will be there!!b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For those that do have a positive mindset about the new server, I'd invite you to check out Infamy. We are a group of highly motivated players hoping to take the server by storm. PM me here or there for more information.
    hai2u
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    All Im seeing from this thread and other threads is bitterness, QQing and more bitterness.

If you dont like the idea of a new server, bummer. You arent forced to play on it. Stay on your server and play with your friends and faction mates. No one is going to think less of you.

People need to get a grip. I for one, am thrilled there is a new server out. I didnt go to the newest ones when they came out, because I was being stubborn and thinking that things would change on Sanc. A year down the road and Nef is still in control of the map and nothing changes. I welcome the new server =) PvE TW's all over again! WOOT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    idk man... New server is cool n fun n all but, seriously, PvE? what do you actually do for fun in PvE? what happens when you lvl90,100 with endgame gear... maybe just tw once a week? and walk around bein cool... and what when you get bored of killing mobs what do you do? kill more mobs? I just dont see how a PvE server can be fun, although the fact it is new server maybe add some fun but endgame gotta be boring sht...
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    idk man... New server is cool n fun n all but, seriously, PvE? what do you actually do for fun in PvE? what happens when you lvl90,100 with endgame gear... maybe just tw once a week? and walk around bein cool... and what when you get bored of killing mobs what do you do? kill more mobs? I just dont see how a PvE server can be fun, although the fact it is new server maybe add some fun endgame gotta be boring sht...

instance runs... you should try it sometime
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    idk man... New server is cool n fun n all but, seriously, PvE? what do you actually do for fun in PvE? what happens when you lvl90,100 with endgame gear... maybe just tw once a week? and walk around bein cool... and what when you get bored of killing mobs what do you do? kill more mobs? I just dont see how a PvE server can be fun, although the fact it is new server maybe add some fun but endgame gotta be boring sht...

PvE is not as different as you think. Tons of individuals high level towards the end of the game switch on PK.

The simple difference between Pve and PvP is you have a choice to switch on your white name. Thats it. Its not like there are different aspects of the game, or instances, or different bosses or mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, as an "endgame" cleric from a PvE server, I can tell you there are a lot of fun things to do. Yeah, you can't kill innocent 3Xs, but you can PvP with people who are willing and are at your level. TW, DT, and more, it's all pretty fun.

Ceshiari what class might you be playing? I like your attitude and think you might be a great addition to Infamy b:victory
    hai2u
  • Axel - Harshlands
    Axel - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    New server sounds great, in theory. Let us examine things closer

Pros :
    New classes will be on equal footing with other classes
    PvE TW for people that enjoy those (They should add some way to do those on other servers just so people can try them out after the initial month of a server when there is no PvE land)

Cons :
    Lack of class diversity (Clerics and Barbs will be in extremely short supply and very high demand. And is anyone making a BM or Mage?)
    Likely new events that kill the overall economy of the entire game.

If PWE doesn't do sales and lotteries, then the new server may not be so bad. However, if the past is any bit of an indication, there is a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance that there will be massive numbers of sales, promotions, and lotteries which will kill the economy in the new server and everywhere else.

That being said Ill still probably try it out. I realized a long time ago, I don't have the cash to spend for a PvP server... and DT should be a damn good challenge anyway with the tideborns swarming me.
    For some reason, I post more now then I did when I actually played this game...does that make me a troll?
    *Waiting on Tideborn*
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you dont like the idea of a new server, bummer. You arent forced to play on it. Stay on your server and play with your friends and faction mates. No one is going to think less of you.

because this affects us all, you seriously don't think they can pay for that server out of thin air?
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, as an "endgame" cleric from a PvE server, I can tell you there are a lot of fun things to do. Yeah, you can't kill innocent 3Xs, but you can PvP with people who are willing and are at your level. TW, DT, and more, it's all pretty fun.

Ceshiari what class might you be playing? I like your attitude and think you might be a great addition to Infamy b:victory

Aye, looked at your website =) Ill be rolling a cleric or barb, not sure yet. It will be my third high level character hehehehe. I will keep Infamy in mind, I will be moving over to the new server with a good friend of mine, and we plan on sticking together like glue ^.^ Ill ask him tonight what he thinks about joining, message me on the forum with details about Infamy and what the future may hold b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    because this affects us all, you seriously don't think they can pay for that server out of thin air?

Im pretty sure they are rolling in the cash, with the constant surge of sales they have been releasing lately. They most likely have already paid for the new server itself, and have factored in that with the constant stream of cash coming in, they can successfully maintain it.

People need to keep in mind that PWI did not slave in creating this expansion, the parent company did. PWI only receives the expansion material or any other form of updates from the parent company as per their contract.

PWI also receives funding from all of its other games that it has, and it is also due to release yet another new game next year called KungFoo! That makes 5 games, all with income rolling in.

New sales and new packs or whatever isnt different from now, so what is the point about crying over it? If you havent gotten used to the constant shoving of the cash shop in your face from the past 4 months, then I admire your guts for holding out hope that it will stop. But reality is, we are living it now, so what is the difference if it continues?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

But killing 3x's is my life Q_______Q

Idk.. probs try it, im trying to decide if i should reroll the class i know so well (BM) or go for Sin... wont be same without killing 3x though b:sadb:shocked
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Q_Q'
    but you can't do....
    THIS in PvE servers~
    b:surender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    New sales and new packs or whatever isnt different from now, so what is the point about crying over it? If you havent gotten used to the constant shoving of the cash shop in your face from the past 4 months, then I admire your guts for holding out hope that it will stop. But reality is, we are living it now, so what is the difference if it continues?

^ well said!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dunno if it makes me lame, but I'll be rolling my 4th cleric on the new server.

What can I say? I love the class :D

I'll be interested to follow the progression of a new server, as I joined Dreamweaver well after it had opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I hate people like you magic, lmao :p
    totally pkin you if I ever see u b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.