Magmite powers

2»

Comments

• mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    A friend of mine saved up for a herc on DW while gold was about 320k. He did this at level 40. It took him something between a week and 10 days to get most of what he needed. I loaned him the remaining 12 million he was short to take advantage of a pet pack sale (which gold jumped to 360k for, I covered 64 packs/~17% of it for him). By 50 he not only had the herc, but had paid me back. The coin is out there to be made, and anyone regardless of class/level has about the same earnings ability, it's just a matter of taking advantage of the market at any given time.

This doesn't change the fact that 100 mil is still out of reach of most players. Sure Bill Gates had a net worth of around 100 billion US dollars when his MSFT stock was near it's peak, but that doesn't mean 100 billion US dollars isn't out of reach of most people, or even 100 milion US dollars.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry, but thats a load of ****.

I have 3 catshops running 24/7. I undercut with below market prices with a wide range of token goods and other resells. I buy tokens much cheaper then what I sell them (token items) for. I have also dotted my shops in strategic places which I have found through simple experience. Right now the biggest seller for me is the lvl75 5K MP Food, which is much cheaper then to get an MP charm.

Even with the above, my total income does not match what has been described, especially some lvl40 who apparently started with 130k and made near 100m a week later.

Maybe its the server differance with sanc being so saturated and HT and DW having a total of 50 players, but from my personal experience what you guys are saying is complete BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    axt57 wrote: »
    I undercut with below market prices
    I buy tokens much cheaper then what I sell them (token items) for.

-2 mistakes. Instead of admitting you may not be as good at that aspect of the game as others, you accuse them of being dishonest?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How can you run 2 catshops at the same time?

Cant you just have one character active at one time?
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    Multiple accounts.
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    -2 mistakes. Instead of admitting you may not be as good at that aspect of the game as others, you accuse them of being dishonest?

Oh right... undercutting and buying cheap & selling high are mistakes according to you now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "Multiple accounts."

Isnt that illegal?

You need to have some sort of ****, what i know if you shall have 2 character on in the same time on the same computer, or do you have 2 computers?
  • axt57
    edited December 2009
    Its only illegal if you have 2 accounts running at the same time on one computer.

If you have 2+ pcs its fair game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I give up. I gave you guys what you wanted, and you still won't believe me. If you logged onto the server and I showed you all the stuff and coin I had, you'll probably say I'm still lying and spent RL money to buy all that. You've already made up your mind. There's no point trying to change it.

For all the others reading this, all I can say is, it works; it really really works. Try it. If it doesn't work, try tweaking things until you find something which works. As you go along, you'll learn what works better and what doesn't. Cat shopping is something I stumbled upon by accident so even if you've never done it, you know as much as I did when I started. You can read how I got started in this thread from early in the year:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=182882
    I have 2 catshops running 24/7. I undercut with below market prices with a wide range of token goods and other resells.
    Try reducing the number of items you sell. I've found people sometimes get overwhelmed when they visit a cat shop and it has too many items. When I was selling Jolly Jones items, my sales actually went down if I tried to sell everything I got. So I split them between two cat shop so each one had more of a theme. During anniv packs, I never had more than 3 token items for sale at once.
  • tweakz
    edited December 2009
    Solandri and Brael are of the most valuable contributors here. It's too bad good contributors get heckled with baseless accusations.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I have 2 catshops running 24/7. I undercut with below market prices with a wide range of token goods and other resells. I buy tokens much cheaper then what I sell them (token items) for. I have also dotted my shops in strategic places which I have found through simple experience. Right now the biggest seller for me is the lvl75 5K MP Food, which is much cheaper then to get an MP charm.

And your undercutting changes your sales volume by how much? It's not always a profitable move. Here's another free hint, outside of two specific spots in west arch that are highly traveled yet avoid lag, you're wasting your time trying to sell there. The middle of arch is bad as well.
    Even with the above, my total income does not match what has been described, especially some lvl40 who apparently started with 130k and made near 100m a week later.

100mil in 7 days=14,285,714/day.
    51 mil in 7 days=7,285,714/day.
    51 mil in 10 days=5,100,000/day.

Read post 21 again. You're misquoting the rate I stated. You're using a value 2-3x larger, which would still be possible, but only during Jolly Jones. I'm not going to try convincing you otherwise though, you want to believe you can't afford anything and that it's impossible. That's fine with me, it means less people out there to compete with for coin.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

I have 2 catshops running 24/7. I undercut with below market prices with a wide range of token goods and other resells. I buy tokens much cheaper then what I sell them (token items) for. I have also dotted my shops in strategic places which I have found through simple experience. Right now the biggest seller for me is the lvl75 5K MP Food, which is much cheaper then to get an MP charm.

There are times I just drop Magmites out of my inventory if it is to full best place is to avoid the Arch.