My gear and stuff.

Options
Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=047e3d3860d65373

This is me at level 77, once I've put on the gear I've bought myself. Note that the rank ring goes out the window for a Heavenly Lord as soon as I can.

What could I be changing as I progress into the 8x levels? Am I doing something wrong? I do intend to do a moderate amount of PvP. I've been living whitenamed in preparation for this (Not anymore, a few clerics got angry at me and I ended up twoshotting them all with Barrage. 3 hours left :X) and that's why I'm planning on comboing one Heavenly with one Misty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BadBoii - Lost City
    BadBoii - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm using iPhone...
    Couldn't see necklace or belt.

I would rather go for heavenly, even with the acuracy.. U will still miss.. N usually people that u miss more are higher lvls.. Obs cus they have more dex.
    I even miss robes n I have 90ring gold.

Anyways.. 4% cri n the increase of atack of heavenly is superior to mysty.

Mysty were made for barbs n a few bms.

I like yar cape stats. But I think it has no sockets. I would rather find another one with 3 sockets at least with hp or dex bonus.. 69 cape is perfect to be honest. N it's bein gettin cheaper with all this bh.

Same issue with yar helmet, find one with better stats n 3 sockets.

Make sure to have min str n not to higher on str. I know people go for aqua helm which is kinda a waste to early..

Hope u gettin chained jail, but if not... Get flash fire for yar 90 blinding radiance
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are ok. I dont know how PvP goes on a PvE server, in terms if intensity and frequency during 7x, but this is my current build:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=73e8b398f7dc7468

I think you have way too much vitality. Im lower than that with 3 vit and I have more HP. Also, I got lucky no some items. The cloak for example, Its +5 w/4 sockets, I got it for 180k on AH. The vest too. Its +3 and w/3 sockets and I found it for 500k. The helm was expensive, 800k (+2 w/3 sockets). So were the bracers +3 w/4 sockets for 800k. Everything was already sharded.

All the other gear I sharded and refined myself without orbs to +2, which is extremely cheap now due to mirage prices.

I have a W&C +2 that I havent been able to sell, either way I use it for PvE only. I PvP with my Thundercrack +3. But its all about being competitive.

Get yourself a FlashFire and get it to +3. Then u can PvP safely and you can get BR later without spending too much. Stick to molders, lvl 78 griev sorrow and such. For bracers and boots, you can stick to 3stars with nice adds or sockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the main thing I suggest is stalk the AH for a while until you can find some -0.05 interval bracers. they're not horribly expensive (in Ht, I've seen lots for under 200k) and -interval is amazing. Here is how I would go (pve focused):

I made you one level higher, because then you can fit in the excotic peac.ock belly dancer outfit (aka Armor of Grieving Sorrow). Better boots are hard to find, however I suggest you keep an eye out for them.

For pvp, if you intend on being a bit more than casual, you may want a crossbow for spikyness and heavy hits. You probably want one of the tt80 crossbows for this. However my pvp experience is fairly low, so take my advice on this with a grain of salt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the main thing I suggest is stalk the AH for a while until you can find some -0.05 interval bracers. they're not horribly expensive (in Ht, I've seen lots for under 200k) and -interval is amazing. Here is how I would go (pve focused):

I made you one level higher, because then you can fit in the excotic peac.ock belly dancer outfit (aka Armor of Grieving Sorrow). Better boots are hard to find, however I suggest you keep an eye out for them.

Wrong link? I think that's identical to her link.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wrong link? I think that's identical to her link.

Mhm. I got the gist of it though.
    I think you have way too much vitality. Im lower than that with 3 vit and I have more HP.

I however did not have to blow millions on flawless shards.

I do have a +1 Thundercrack for PVP, but my WatC looked better. >.> I will be making Flash Fire and then BR.

Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll look into that exotic peacock bellydancer outfit b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    invest in a grieving sorrow, and TT80 gloves for a nice dex bonus/defenses. the TT80 thingers turn into the 90 gold interval bracers, which youll need. when you get rank 4 you could substitute it for a heavnly lord if you want a little hp (rank 4 has 2% crit right? or does it not start doing that till 5? i forget..) anyways. just my two cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    invest in a grieving sorrow, and TT80 gloves for a nice dex bonus/defenses. the TT80 thingers turn into the 90 gold interval bracers, which youll need. when you get rank 4 you could substitute it for a heavnly lord if you want a little hp (rank 4 has 2% crit right? or does it not start doing that till 5? i forget..) anyways. just my two cents

Rank 5 ring has 2% crit (10k rep).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeah, 10k rep isnt hard to get with these 59 BHs and tokens :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I won't speak for PvP.

For PvE:

- Get Bracers of Blood Moon. You should be able to do this just by grinding or farming TT mats. Farming world mats also works. Don't do Dragon Quest 71 because DQ71 drops best with mobs at 70-75, and you are past that. These bracers should be top priority for PvE. Blood Bracers of Fang are not bad, but don't give you the offensive power that the Bracers of Blood Moon have.

- After you get the Bracers, you should look into obtaining Broad Land at 85. It really does a lot of damage in terms of both DPH and DPS, and can last you until level 99 (or if you get Heaven Shatterer at 95).

- You can keep using your W&C in the lower 80s, though I recommend getting a +4 or +5 version (you can refine with those Tienkang Stones since Dragon Orbs are so expensive). After you get Broad Land, keep your W&C so that you can kill-steal (in a socially acceptable manner) more effectively at Legion Raids. In the 80s, I got more kills / loot with W&C than with Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher at these events because it has a faster attack rate.

- After obtaining those, work on raising your Reputation so you can get the level 60 Rank Armor, for another -0.05 interval.

As a hybrid archer, you will be doing less damage than pure dex archers, and you will also have to put up with all of them looking down upon you for what they believe is an inferior build. The fact that they may be right doesn't help any. Thus, you need to raise your offensive power through other means, and the Bracers of Blood Moon + Rank Armor + High Quality Weapon is really the only reasonable way to go (other than going Pure, of course). Swap out your normal armor with your Rank Armor when going against a boss.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Get Bracers of Blood Moon. You should be able to do this just by grinding or farming TT mats. Farming world mats also works. Don't do Dragon Quest 71 because DQ71 drops best with mobs at 70-75, and you are past that. These bracers should be top priority for PvE. Blood Bracers of Fang are not bad, but don't give you the offensive power that the Bracers of Blood Moon have.
    i dont recommend following this part here, theyre extremely rare, being a dragon quest prize mold, rather than a normal drop. if you actually happen to find one, sure theyre cheaper than TT90 gold, but theyll still be quite expensive.

90 gold is also grade 11 compared to blood moon's 9 (TT70 equivalent.) better for refines/hp, and resistances.

there IS a cheap alternative you can make for free starting at 90, but is like a mexican made knock off... a pair of old HT bracers with -.05 interval. higher grade than both the above, but cant get -.1 ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You'd have to farm coin to buy the Silver Dragon Orders. It is hard to find a used one.

- As you said yourself it's cheaper to get the Bracers of Blood Moon than the General's Bracers.

- Bracers of Blood Moon have higher total Physical Resistance due to a bonus. General's Bracers have higher Magical Resistance.

- Bracers of Blood Moon have lower refine bonus, but has +3~4 dex. For a hybrid archer like her, the dex is more valuable than the refine bonus. Arguably, this is true for a pure dex archer as well, but that's an independent point.

- The Strength Bonus on the General's Bracers doesn't do anything until level 99 b/c TT90 gear has a Strength requirement of 94, just like the Bracers. So you cannot restat the Strength bonus into anything beneficial. The only exception I can think of is the Helmet of the Righteous - which requires 95 str - as a cheap alternative to the Lion helm. Even then, you are only saving 1 point of dex. Additionally, at level 99, many archers get the Ashura's Bracers, anyways, for the set bonus.

- She can wear the Bracers of Blood Moon now, instead of waiting for the 90s.

Certainly, it is harder to grind money now than it is later in the 90s, but it is still worth it. I got mine at level 80 or 82, and it is probably one of my best investments (I'd saying becoming a regular on the Archer forum is my best investment =) )
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    some good points as well.
    hmm this would be how id make her gear in the future lol.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=989c8b1421b9e7ba

EDIT: gave it budget refines/gems, with moderate investment, i like how it turned out.

it seems playing around on a veno for so long leaves a love for the calculator, seeing what meshes well :P, youd be surprised how often our subforum gets spammed with pwcalc links
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ohh... TT90 Gold set bonus. I had not considered that. Hmm... I guess General's Bracers would be doable, then. I need to think about it some more.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6eb5090be99ee466 <- my end game self, .8 atk/s + demon quick shot = yummy :) sitting in my bank just waiting for me to stop being lazy and level ;_;

1.11 attacks / sec (0.90 secs / attack)
    (0.875) rounds to ^ for nearest fixed interval?
    1.18 attacks / sec (0.85 secs / attack)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I however did not have to blow millions on flawless shards.

I stacked myself with flawless when tokens were 15k each. And most of that gear I got already sharded and refined. Like I mentioned, the cloak for 180k (evne thoug its 4 citrines and +5, the vest +3 w/ 3 C7 for 500k). No millions involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6eb5090be99ee466 <- my end game self, .8 atk/s + demon quick shot = yummy :) sitting in my bank just waiting for me to stop being lazy and level ;_;

1.11 attacks / sec (0.90 secs / attack)
    (0.875) rounds to ^ for nearest fixed interval?
    1.18 attacks / sec (0.85 secs / attack)

My theory is that 0.875 seconds per attack rounds to 0.85 seconds per attack (truncate to 2 decimal places, then round).
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:shutup
    I stacked myself with flawless when tokens were 15k each. And most of that gear I got already sharded and refined. Like I mentioned, the cloak for 180k (evne thoug its 4 citrines and +5, the vest +3 w/ 3 C7 for 500k). No millions involved.

Had I stacked myself with flawlesses too, though, I'd still be higher. xP I just didn't see the need of doing it to 6x-7x armor. I doubt I'll socket anything better than a beautiful till TT90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited December 2009
    Options
    After giving some thought with regards to Bracer's of Blood Moon vs. General's Bracers, I have come to these conclusions:

- At levels 90-98, you can do either one and be fine. It comes down to cost and whether you like the +14 dex or the bonuses from the TT90 green leggings.

- At level 99, it comes down to whether you want 4, 3, or just 2 pieces of the Ashura's set. You can capitalize on the +8 Str on the from the General's Bracers if you go that route, but you lose out on a set bonus. If you decide to go with Ashura's Leggings / Shins, then it is more cost effective (coins) to go with the TT90 Green leggings due to decomposition. If you decide to keep the General's Leggings, then you get a different set bonus.

Since Falcondancer is less than level 80, I'd still recommend the Bracer's of Blood Moon, just so that she can have a -0.10 Interval before she reaches level 90.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=971fde6bc373f91f
    how id make a hybrid build at 100, rate por favor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=971fde6bc373f91f
    how id make a hybrid build at 100, rate por favor.

2 Ashura's, 2 General's: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=971fde6bc373f91f
    HP: 6596
    Physical Atk.: 7452-10894
    Critical Hit: 30%
    Attack rate: 0.8 /sec
    Avg DPH: 9173.0 - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 11924.90
    Avg DPS: 7338.4 - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 09539.92

Full Ashura's Set: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=98d662376bea84b0
    HP: 7008
    Physical Atk.: 7229-10567
    Critical Hit: 29%
    Attack rate: 0.8 /sec
    Avg DPH: 8898.0 - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 11478.42
    Avg DPS: 7118.4 - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 9182.736

Damn, I may need to admit I'm wrong.

The combined set does +275 more damage per hit (not including crit), whereas the full Ashura's set gives +412 HP.

The only real advantage I see to the full Ashura's set is that you can swap out the chest and wear the rank armor for an additional -0.05 Interval.

EDIT: I'm wrong about the crit. You need 6 pieces to get the +3% crit bonus. So the combined set build has a higher crit.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so in the end its HP or slightly better damage. hence again, where it comes down to play style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rank Chest, 3 Ashura's Set - Build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=614e18a9855d8e7c
    HP: 6544
    Physical Atk.: 7178-10493
    Critical Hit: 29%
    Attack rate: 0.83 /sec
    Avg DPH: 8835.500 - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 11397.79500
    Avg DPS: 7333.465 - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 09460.16985

Since the Full Ashura's set can swap out the chest for the Rank Chest and still keep the -0.05 Interval set bonus, this build allows for the archer to deal damage comparable to the combined set.

I like this one. You can go with 400+ HP or a -0.05 Interval by just swapping one piece of equipment.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b21b367d70630da4 <= rank 4
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cef955b839c1bcdd <= ashura

my rank 4 set is a bit better in terms of hp/damage/crit, but your ashura has slightly higher hp, and resistances (200 hp, and 100 resists, pretty minute.) id use my own for PVE/yours for TW/open PK, its fun what you can dream up lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haven_fear - Heavens Tear
    Haven_fear - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2 Asura with the 2 phys ornaments. those ornaments each give 1 crit. having 2 is -.05 interval. so from set bonus thats -.1. bracers is another -.1. Heaven shatterer is -.1 heaven range boots is +2 crit. Rank top is -.05. you can also get a tome and cape with -.05 each bringing you to .95 attack rate
  • JehanX - Sanctuary
    JehanX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you're gonna dream Waffle... Dream BIG!!

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=06b93a14e646ac20