Coin Chests

2»

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It does go both ways. If there is something in the CS that CSers want for themselves they will buy it and support PWI. But they, as Dark said, realize that there are things that free players want and they buy the items or gold and sell it and due to demand the free players support the CSers with coin who in turn support PWI. I used to buy gold in AH as well as CS items. i wanted better wings so i grinded a bit. I wanted inv extension so i grinded a bit. but the last gold i bought was 200k. I have stopped buying gold cuz I cant afford it. If gold would go down I may start ebing able to support the CSers again. Besides not all gear and mats are in CS, if free players stop buying gold in AH CS players will QQ about that because then only players with ingame coin would be able to buy those mats. Or, Dare I say it, they may have to work for their stuff.
    Note: I know alot of players that use the CS but for mostly luxurys like fashion and stuff. Here I am refering to the ones who rely on CS for everything...you know the oracle babies

Ok back on topic:
    For the chests, What if there was an NPC that could "use" the chests. he exchanges you a frost ornament, armor, or weapon or whatever for a set number of chests. For instance, give him 100 chests for a frost ring or whatever. The ring may not be worth 100mil but its worth moer than what chests are sold at now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fishpup wrote: »
    We earn these thru cube and delta they should be free to open. Everyone that thinks same way chime in.

ANYWAYS... b:infuriated

Back to the original post...

I have to agree with you. Not much of a prize if you can never use it because of the price of the hammer to open it.

ATM, you have to spend 2 or 3 times more than the chest contains to get the contents of the chest. Udderly stupid!

I really don't know what is worse, the incomprehensible greed of the people selling the hammers for 2 and 3 million coins or the totally brain dead people who actually PAY 2 and 3 million for the hammer.

If they don't make the chest free to open, maybe they can make the hammer an NPC item so we can open all these chests we have gathering dust in our banks, not to mention open the Level 50/80 Supply Stashes.

I really think it is ridiculous that a useful part of the game and a valuable prize has to be rendered useless because of the combination of greed and stupidity.

This is my own personal opinion. YMMV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • fishpup
    fishpup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about. With gold so high they are worthless. I submitted several tickets with the idea of making hammers 50 silver or 1 gold which still supports pwi, even tho this is supposed to be a reward (rewards you not supposed to pay for), or be able to npc for something. As far as supporting pwi I personally have over supported them and they are just as greedy as the gold sellers. As a veno you cant get anything done unless you have a herc or nix which I have both theres a ton of support pwi. Pwi can still make a huge profit by simply dropping prices by at least half on all thier cs items. Hell how many peeps have so many cloths that thier wardrobes and alts wardrobes are full? I personally know of at least 3 peeps.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Now, when they first came out aswell as the hammers, the hammers were worth 500k. Basically, if you bought a hammer for 500k and then opened the chest~ shazam! you have 500k.

Wait.. wut the ****? Isn't that the 500k I had before I used to buy my hammer with? Yes it is you fool, you got jacked.
    Your math is in err somewhere.

If a Perfect Iron Hammer (PIH) was 500K coins then the math goes like this:
    1) You start with 500k and a Chest of Coins.
    2) You spend 500k to get a PIH and now have 0 coins.
    3) You use up the PIH to open the Chest of Coins, using up both.
    4) You now have 1 million coins, which is 500k more than you started with.

So, back when a PIH was worth 500k, that was a quick way to gain 500k.

Now that a PIH is worth around 2.3 mil, it's a quick way to waste 1.3 mil. b:irritated

Honestly, they should just bump the reward from the chests up to 4 or 5 mil, and then it would be worth it again, and they could sell some more PIHs. As things are now, buying a PIH is only worth it to open your level 50 Supply Stash so you can get the level 50-75 items from it (and even that is debatable).

As the chests are now, they're just a white elephant.
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    when the chest of coins came out it was profitable to spend 5 gold and open a chest of coins for 1mil coins because gold was selling for less than 200k...
    now... with gold selling for 400k+, 5 gold will get u 2mil+ coins
    chest of coins = outdated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they can make hammers drop in instances ...... as a reward for completing frost

or like if u win cube u can pick it as a prize o-o ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Folks, if you make it worthwhile to open those chests of coin, you flood the economy with more coin. That causes the value of coin to devalue, making the price of gold go up even more.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hell no O_o just eliminate them altogether. Can't even begin to imagine the damage if each one injected a million coins into the system. Collectors have stacks kept away on alts.

This.
    The chests were by far the most stupidest invention of the Dev's yet.

This too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Personally, I would guess that the idea behind the Chest of Coin was to try to give the players a reason to buy more gold. Either they would buy it for themselves and use it up, which changes nothing, except that the sales of gold might be higher. You could also assume that they wanted people to use their excess gold to buy hammers, which they would then sell to other players.

However, the idea fails for the simple fact that there is a margin of profit. As long as it is profitable, the market will adjust to a point where it no more is profitable. Coupled with the constant sales, this happened almost instantly.

Considering how high the gold has been for quite a while now, I think it's highly unlikely that it will ever go down to, say, 200k each. This is because the gold sellers will just go "Ah, but there will be another sale soon, so I'll just keep the gold and sell it when the prices spike", effectively making it impossible for the gold to go down simply because people got used to getting high amounts of coin for their gold.

Really, the only way it could stop would be to have no sales whatsoever for quite a while.

Also, about Jolly Jones as a coin sink. Considering how the game seems to work with the idea that paying cash gets you things faster, that also being a part of the Jolly Jones event makes sense: it allows the cash shoppers to take part in the event in a much higher quantity than the non-cash shop players, simply because they can do it instantly with no in-game work whatsoever. And no, the argument of "But they worked in real life for that money" changes nothing. For one, there are such things as savings. For two, there are people who get "free money" from one source or another, such as parents or the city.
    they can make hammers drop in instances ...... as a reward for completing frost

Person 1: "The hammer is mine!"
    Person 2: "No, it's mine, I got more chests than you!"
    Person 1: "Oh shut up, I got 300 of them!"
    Person 3:"Um... Does it really matter how many you got, it only opens one of them? And shouldn't we share the coin to begin with?"
    Persons 1&2: "Oh shut up, idiot!
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fishpup wrote: »
    We earn these thru cube and delta they should be free to open. Everyone that thinks same way chime in.
    No.

Can we end the thread now? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Lericah - Lost City
    Lericah - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hey intresting thought how bout the chests are free to open and instead of 1 mil its 100k and sme spirit /exp like a scarlet fruit?
  • fatkidme
    fatkidme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    on DW it's selling for 2.7m

edit: that's about to go up, thanks PWE, you're the best :@ Gold shot back up to 543k a pop

Forget grinding and saving up for anything, we won't be getting it anytime soon, this game's getting harder and harder for non CS players..

duh thats the point...here are the steps

1.gold prices increase
    2.cash shoppers throw party
    3.non cash shoppers enter the depression
    4.non cash shoppers start turning into cash shoppers
    5.pwe makes more money
    6.pwe throws party
    7.gold prices start to go down
    8.pwe becomes sad
    9.cash shoppers become sad
    10.non cash shoppers start grinding again
    11.pwe puts anni packs in cash shop

the cycle restarts again.....
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fatkidme wrote: »
    duh thats the point...here are the steps

1.gold prices increase
    2.cash shoppers throw party
    3.non cash shoppers enter the depression
    4.non cash shoppers start turning into cash shoppers
    5.pwe makes more money
    6.pwe throws party
    7.gold prices start to go down
    8.pwe becomes sad
    9.cash shoppers become sad
    10.non cash shoppers start grinding again
    11.pwe puts anni packs in cash shop

the cycle restarts again.....

+1
    Plain and simple. PW forces you to CS in order to buy the luxury items you want, only it's not forcing more of a strong kick towards you wallet.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • fatkidme
    fatkidme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    +1
    Plain and simple. PW forces you to CS in order to buy the luxury items you want, only it's not forcing more of a strong kick towards you wallet.

thxb:thanks b:chuckle b:chuckle

and completely agree its most defnetily by force
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uhm... maybe the chests do have a function

They set a minimal value of gold at just below 200k (because you still have to get to the chests). The easier it is to acquire a chest (more high lvl players), the closer the minimum gold price will set to 200k. If it is harder to get a chest then demand for hammers will be lower and the coin value of gold will drop. So it assures that in-game coin has a certain minimal value.

By removing gold from the game (sales at the boutique) the gold reserve that serves as a basis for the value of the in-game coins is decreased and in-game coin is worth less gold. As a result the price of gold is very high and the gold value of the in-game coins earned by playing is reduced.

As a result boutique items will keep their value and are harder to earn by playing. You are stimulated to add gold to the system by buying it in order to get what you want from the boutique when it becomes to hard to earn the coins in-game by playing, while making sure that the value of all this gold that is added to the system doesn't drop too far below the 200k mark

So in essence the chests make sure that PWI can have sales every week without risking too much fluctuation of the in-game coin value if a sale fails.

I'm just guessing, but can't think of any other reason
    b:surrender
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    free to open yes but should contain random amount of coins between 200k-500k

at first it was released to make cube less expensive but it ended up takin space in your inventory only
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    free to open yes but should contain random amount of coins between sadness card-500k

at first it was released to make cube less expensive but it ended up takin space in your inventory only

fixed.
    b:chuckle
    me pretty sure you know how PWI deals with free coin boxes.
    xD
    and especially a box as common as coin chests.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]