Coin Chests

fishpup
fishpup Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
We earn these thru cube and delta they should be free to open. Everyone that thinks same way chime in.
Post edited by fishpup on

Comments

• _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    _Ethereal_ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Then why don't I agree?
  • Undine - Dreamweaver
    Undine - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I disagree completely. Not for the fact that hey its free coins for everyone. But for the fact that I've dropped so many of them up to this point. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hell no O_o just eliminate them altogether. Can't even begin to imagine the damage if each one injected a million coins into the system. Collectors have stacks kept away on alts.

At this stage I wouldn't even mind if they npc'd for 10k or were replaced with average shards or 10 silver or something. They're utterly useless atm and an insult of a "reward".
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The chests were by far the most stupidest invention of the Dev's yet.

At this rate of gold prices, Id like to see them being able to be opened for free, that way, I can afford things to pay for in game. Gold has increased the price of everything a hundred fold in game it seems.

Also, whatever Dark said above me >.< I got ninja'd by like three people. b:cry I agree that its an insult of a reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why even have them?
    A perfect iron hammer is over 1mil itself.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why even have them?
    A perfect iron hammer is over 1mil itself.
    on DW it's selling for 2.7m

edit: that's about to go up, thanks PWE, you're the best :@ Gold shot back up to 543k a pop

Forget grinding and saving up for anything, we won't be getting it anytime soon, this game's getting harder and harder for non CS players..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If they become free to open gold will be 999k because many cat shops have over 100 of them. more money in the game for gold sellers to charge!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    If they become free to open gold will be 999k because many cat shops have over 100 of them. more money in the game for gold sellers to charge!

your logic is still flawed, you'd just charge more for the sake of doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

fine with me, I complete rebirth 1-3 times a day and am about to start cube....thats what, about 4mil a day? on top of anything else, sounds good to me.....think about it....if gold were 999k per gold in AH, and I complete rebirth and cube per day at least once, thats about 4 free gold per day.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    your logic is still flawed, you'd just charge more for the sake of doing it.

People would have more money to spend thus more can be obtained for my currency. A form of packs with elite items will always be in the game thus people will always buy gold.

Keep in mind. Gold sellers supply the funding so others can play free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    you're probably one of those freaks that rised their gold to 600k because a new pack came out, that sickens me, it's HIGHER than when we had the anipacks..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol... =.= I'd be freakin rich if this ever happened...
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    you're probably one of those freaks that rised their gold to 600k because a new pack came out, that sickens me, it's HIGHER than when we had the anipacks..

Hello! I have a job in real life! Yes I am one of the many. Nice to meet you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Hello! I have a job in real life! Yes I am one of the many. Nice to meet you.
    so you wouldn't wanna be the bigger person and respect the non-cs players, no.. bad enough a hammer is pretty much mandatory, let's make it near impossible to obtain. you get your jollies out of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    They either be removed completly, or opened for free but give 100-200k coins.
    Running FFs and receiving chest of coins as rewards.. pah! I leave them to dissapear with the instance. What a bloody insult and waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    so you wouldn't wanna be the bigger person and respect the non-cs players, no.. bad enough a hammer is pretty much mandatory, let's make it near impossible to obtain. you get your jollies out of that?

many players leveled with out a chest of coins. Supply stashes are still some what new too. So you failed at that attempt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    many players leveled with out a chest of coins. Supply stashes are still some what new too. So you failed at that attempt.
    so is skyrockted gold prices, but you're not thinking about that, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    How about you help support Perfect World Entertainment and buy gold then and not complain about the prices. They are a business that has employees. The employees have families to feed and children to put through school. All you are worried about is your 500k per gold coin so you can buy your pretty dress or the charm for Gamma that is only a small section of the game. A charm is only 5 dollars. Forgo McDonalds for a day and you can have your charm. Saying I make you sick? You play this game for free so you have NO room to complain. Myself and many others support your free entertainment! Seriously, how selfish can you be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    *throws a bucket of ice on both of the venos*

Chill b:shocked

Lets retain a nice, calm and steady conversation about what we think can be done about these stacks of chests that hog my bank space that I will NEVER use. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    How about you help support Perfect World Entertainment and buy gold then and not complain about the prices. They are a business that has employees. The employees have families to feed and children to put through school. All you are worried about is your 500k per gold coin so you can buy your pretty dress or the charm for Gamma that is only a small section of the game. A charm is only 5 dollars. Forgo McDonalds for a day and you can have your charm. Saying I make you sick? You play this game for free so you have NO room to complain. Myself and many others support your free entertainment! Seriously, how selfish can you be?
    maybe you need to take a look at something. I'll happily support PWE in buying gold once the major bugs have been fixed. you knwo what they re, they're posted all over. and maybe you need to read more of what I've writted before you go and try to judge me. gimme a moment, I'll hapily show you some sources of what I'm talkign about.

edit: here ya go:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4849482&postcount=2
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4849772&postcount=11

need more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Nastassiya and Xeian stop now....
    you both be getting way off topic.
    this be a discussion about the "Coin Chests"....
    me suggest you both go PM each other or make a thread in the off topic/lower depth section and argue there.
    b:angry

well me has 2 coin chests.
    just sitting in me bank.
    O.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    me suggest you both go PM each other or make a thread in the off topic/lower depth section and argue there.

just sitting in me bank.
    O.o'

*sneaks into Hamsta's bank and nabs the two coin chests*

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Pfff.
    A cash shopper saying that a non-cser is selfish? Especially when gold is at 500k. Just..wow. The thing is, the "support" you are giving them usually just goes to another sale. Its only now that the tideborn is about to come out that the money is helping people.
    Typical.
    Maybe the non-csers actually manage their money well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

just sitting in me bank.
    O.o'

I will do as you ask since I like you =-p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    u do realize not every1 can buy gold right? not even having a job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just get rid of the stupid chests i believe other peeps have said this but i noticed tht when those stupid things were put in the game tht the game started to go loopy.
    Cash shoppers & free players both have there uses cash shoppers support the game sometimes it goes to something good & sometimes it doesnt & the free playing players might tell there friends about this game & sometimes those friends will be cash shoppers but they both have something in commen they both use the game for entertainment well thts my opinion thnks for reading & have a good day.b:pleasedb:victoryb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let's ditch this rather pointless cash shopping arguement as it has no relevance to the main topic which began this thread.

I don't care who of you cash shops and who dosen't, good for you.

The point is; we have a chest of coins given out as prizes for instances. Now, when they first came out aswell as the hammers, the hammers were worth 500k. Basically, if you bought a hammer for 500k and then opened the chest~ shazam! you have 500k.

Wait.. wut the ****? Isn't that the 500k I had before I used to buy my hammer with? Yes it is you fool, you got jacked. The damn chests were a developer's trophy signifying their victory after a long hard road to obtain the utmost case of stupid.

I've just got one question for you my friend. Yes you, the ever-so-clever developer sitting in your swivel chair.
    (wtf it rhymed)

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *watches the devs do illegal stuff b:quietb:avoidwell watching them on my spy cam*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle but I still cant believe I sold 3 my chest of coins for 35k each, who the hell bought my chest of coins yesterday b:chuckleb:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009

*facepalm*

No one's buying it. The anniversary packs alone made something like a temporary 500% jump in PWI's profits. Many other mmo's make a decent income on a fraction the paying player-base we have, giving away free boutique items regularly through gift-events. Perfect world must be literally swimming in excess profit. -.-

Don't eat to buy a virtual game charm? Really :/ Also, players who used to buy gold via auction house are technically supporting the game. That gold has to come from somewhere...no free players giving cash shop players coin for their money, gold becomes worth 0. And you call the free players selfish for complaining that gold sellers charge what the heck they like, more than any normal player can afford? Coin is earned on a players own free time. More coin needed, more time has to be spent. A charm can cost a free player days. But you couldn't care less how long they spent grinding away, because they aren't "paying like you" and you want all the money possible for your gold. <_< That's called a F2P mmo becoming purely P2P, where not spending $ gets you kicked out in the dirt. And seriously, how selfish are you?

In my opinion, 100-200k per gold, in a balanced economy, is a perfectly fair and reasonable price. Boutique item prices don't change, your gold will always be worth the same in the cash shop. Cash shoppers should be grateful they can even sell gold in the first place, most mmo's don't have that option.