Centaures as race?? check it out...!!!

Comments

• The_Devil_PT - Lost City
    The_Devil_PT - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I certainly admire the effort you put into this race and it would add a further level of diversity to Perfect World. However I have one gripe...
    People already fear that the Tide born assassin and psychic may replace their class, though current ideas of skill lists don't support this... But a class that can summon elemental to fight at their side is very close to a venomancer. In fact hunters sound like a combination of venomancers and archers... And while I'm sure every low level archer would love a personal tank...
    A class that can heal as the "Water"-druid would obviously impact the cleric class... In fact the multifaceted skill set of the druid - dual wielding close combat, healing and magical offense, buffing and defensive roles, and then full blast magical offensive spells - sounds just like that of classes already implemented in the game. You have given us blademasters, clerics, barbarians, and wizards on four legs. And barbarians can do that already too.
    This isn't to discount your suggestion, but for it to be as good of an addition as possible the class would have to have something that is wholly their own. In a way that doesn't make other classes feel redundant. Otherwise parties could just consist of six centaurs using various elements right? On the flip side if centaurs do everything everyone else does but not as well they would be ignored at higher levels... Already "light armor" clerics are frowned on when they don't heal as well... well if centaurs don't have the ability to heal as well in any case why bother?
    Then again who is to say that this isn't better, would it be refreshing to be in squads that don't consist of a barbarian, cleric, venomancer, and a pick of damagers? It could add a whole new dynamic to the game.

~PS- I love those sketches!!! If centaurs looked like that I would re-roll to prance around a flowery meadow :D But how would I wear my kimono, chipao, or wedding dress? I foresee Perfect World releasing vast amounts of new centaur-only fashion...
    ~PPS- I wish I had written this much for my essay tonight ._.

lawl ur right and i allready predicted that someone would say this xP...acttually beeing a centaur druid with a form it would not be the same as beeing any other class, cause druids wouldn't be strong as the other classes as i said, and the other classes would have more skills that to a druid form would be restricted, basicly it wouldn't be exactly the same thing...and of course centaurs would have to be weaker, so that was no possibility to make a party of centaurs only, that could support everyhting...as somebody said the healings would have to be "supportd" by plants/herbs, so it would not be the same thing as a cleric...well of course there could be difrent classes but well...i guess that woul be hard to do, attendig to the fact that in perfect world u allready have the base classes of an MMO (:...

if u have any suggestion just post it (:
    edited December 2009
    razad wrote: »
    I congradulate you for coming up with the time and effort to come up with this idea but...it fails. The thought of a centauren race or watever on pw is stupid. how are you going to fly? wings? we've got enuff of that with tideborn coming out. you wouldn't be able to ride a mount. so that sucks. plus, like i said we already have TWO classes coming out. thats enuff. and will be the last two more than likely.

well, if the whole world was addicted to yellow there would not be any other colors...(thats what we say in here)

the thing is we can't have all the same opinion, and i respect ur opinion, the thing is...when ur giving ur opinion just try to avoid expressions like "thats stupid"...i don't think that it's really kind ^^ (: anyway it's ur opinion and i respect it
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lawl ur right and i allready predicted that someone would say this xP...acttually beeing a centaur druid with a form it would not be the same as beeing any other class, cause druids wouldn't be strong as the other classes as i said, and the other classes would have more skills that to a druid form would be restricted, basicly it wouldn't be exactly the same thing...and of course centaurs would have to be weaker, so that was no possibility to make a party of centaurs only, that could support everyhting...as somebody said the healings would have to be "supportd" by plants/herbs, so it would not be the same thing as a cleric...well of course there could be difrent classes but well...i guess that woul be hard to do, attendig to the fact that in perfect world u allready have the base classes of an MMO (:...

if u have any suggestion just post it (:
    Like I said I wasn't trying to flame your idea; its pretty cool. But if the druids would be so much weaker a lot of people will ask why bother? And they would certainly have a harder time finding squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Like I said I wasn't trying to flame your idea; its pretty cool. But if the druids would be so much weaker a lot of people will ask why bother? And they would certainly have a harder time finding squads.

well ur right ur right (as i already said ^^) but there are allways things that can be rethinkd and stuff xD (:
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cool idea, and nice to see that you thought it through!
    It would be a nice addition, but I don't see it happening at all. Kinda sad but there's a whole new race going on now, I doubt PWI would even take into consideration another and the classes would have to be really different for it to be worthwile.

(BTW, Silver, you quoted yourself? That's sad.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Its a good idea and i like it alot, well thought out ^^

Only problem is it will never take form simply because it doesnt fit in with the chinese tales and perfect worl story line.

Very good idea tho.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ~PS- Zomg! The Auctioneer Leviathan is using Gold-Q.Q run for your lives!!!

Oh noes~ we are teh dooomed~
    b:infuriated
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tinny - Harshlands
    Tinny - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Can you imagine a centaur riding poor windsprint panther or another mount? Me not.
    edited December 2009
    Can you imagine a centaur riding poor windsprint panther or another mount? Me not.

well i don't think u red what i wrote (:
    "4- Mounts: the mounts to centaurs would have to be difrent, it would have to be some horse shoeing, more like a boot, with some nice effects and well designd (it obviously couldn't be the same as other races, because it wouldn't make any sence, and if the shoeings were well designd it would look nice)"
    there's ur awnser (:
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well i don't think u red what i wrote (:
    "4- Mounts: the mounts to centaurs would have to be difrent, it would have to be some horse shoeing, more like a boot, with some nice effects and well designd (it obviously couldn't be the same as other races, because it wouldn't make any sence, and if the shoeings were well designd it would look nice)"
    there's ur awnser (:

Well, they would then have to create new mounts "shoes" that is only usable by one class. So if you have a mount, but you don't want to spend anymore money to get another mount then you're going to be stuck walking as a centaur. See with a panther I'm allowed to transfer it from a veno to a bm and such, I wouldn't be able to do that with a pair of shoes.
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
    edited December 2009
    Well, they would then have to create new mounts "shoes" that is only usable by one class. So if you have a mount, but you don't want to spend anymore money to get another mount then you're going to be stuck walking as a centaur. See with a panther I'm allowed to transfer it from a veno to a bm and such, I wouldn't be able to do that with a pair of shoes.

Very Good Point.

edited December 2009

well it was something that we would have to "live with"...there are many things u can't use in some chars and u can use in others...anyway ya it's a good point but i didn't got any other ways to put them in mounts ^^ (:
    edited December 2009
    well it was something that we would have to "live with"...there are many things u can't use in some chars and u can use in others...anyway ya it's a good point but i didn't got any other ways to put them in mounts ^^ (:

what about when the use a mount they lose the horse part and some how mold into the mount panther, raptor etc etc.

Edit: I just realised how complex that would be lol so that wouldnt be a possible way.

edited December 2009
    what about when the use a mount they lose the horse part and some how mold into the mount panther, raptor etc etc.

i thought about that but it doesn't makes much sence, because they'r centaurs, they'r not a human inside of a costume xD , i think the shoings would make more sence (: just difrent opinions ^^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well.....winged elves do get to change wings....shouldn't that involve painful surgery or something? b:shocked
    they do rip the wings off their back and stuff on a wing from a giant eagle or something.
    b:shocked
    so it would work with centuars too right?
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    well.....winged elves do get to change wings....shouldn't that involve painful surgery or something? b:shocked
    they do rip the wings off their back and stuff on a wing from a giant eagle or something.
    b:shocked
    so it would work with centuars too right?
    xD

well if we see things in that way...ye it could work xD
  • Loxxa - Lost City
    Loxxa - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i would LUV to play a centaur coz there awesome and just plain awesome, love the hunter idea ^^
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nice necro.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Damn necro. >_<
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    inb4lock

o-o centaurs
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The hamstermod says dont necro
    4445497844_1c92c3df3d_o.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Inb4necrolock.

DON'T NECRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • EmeraldOcean - Sanctuary
    EmeraldOcean - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This is a good Idea infact I was thinking of the same thing. I know that there are some other people that would aggree with this idea too... one thing I don't get is how would they fly... would they have to use wings like the winged elves but instead having them on the side of the horse part?
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Necro... again...
  • Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
    Ecclectic - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Took a minute but I finally realized where I've seen a char like that. It's not a centaur, but a sorcerer which controls the elements in the form of 'pets'. The sorc is a caster though, so it's not exactly the same, but I think it's the same general idea, and one I would fully support. I mean, just imagine the looks on all the venos faces when you break out the Flame Herc (available only from the Boutique, of course)!! Or my personal favorite, the Wood Chicken!! b:laugh

Seriously though, I do like the idea. And here's your weapon for the centaur : Magic Bow! That's right, a bow that would allow them to still use magic, and only they can use it, since we're obviously not getting magic bows available to all classes anytime soon. b:victory

Edit: Flight is a simple problem to solve. Wings Of Pegasus!
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No need of new classes. This tidebors fishes i think they are enough, already plenty of people think they are overpowered and stuff. And magic bows ? b:embarrass archers use bows, thats their weapon beside sling and etc. Or yeah put this new centaures thing after that plenty of people gonna QQ about them like they did with the fishes. Whats gonna happend with the old classes ?
    I don't like the idea. b:bye
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Seriously though, I do like the idea. And here's your weapon for the centaur : Magic Bow! That's right, a bow that would allow them to still use magic, and only they can use it, since we're obviously not getting magic bows available to all classes anytime soon. b:victory

oh come on, magic bows for all class with -cast plz
  • DrDrakkentre - Lost City
    DrDrakkentre - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Flight: Player transforms to full horse and sprouts wings from the back. Wings correspond to body colour.
    http://rickypm.altervista.org/PIERO/Progetto/pegasus.bmp
    Meet the pegataur b:laugh
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    NECRONECRONECRONECRO b:shocked
    inb4lock
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Cool idea, but to be honest I've always wanted more of a multiclass system but I doubt it would ever happen. b:surrender

For example: once a player reaches a certain lvl they have the option to expand their current class into one of two classes...I've only thought of what the magic classes could turn into...

1) venomancer: pure fox veno with the ability to use melee weps in fox form, or shaman that has no foxform skills just spells

2) psychic: druid or some sort of advanced psychic with more skills based on soul force

3) wizard: alchemist or a mage that specializes in only one of their elements (example water mage)

4) cleric: bishop (advanced cleric healing abilities/buffs) or a paladin, which I would love to be b:victory

But the centaures as a race would still be pretty cool. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D