Centaures as race?? check it out...!!!

Comments

• Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I didn't even read what the OP said btw.

I don't think we need new classes.

Next time, please post this in here: http://pwiforum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

b:victory b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
  • The_Devil_PT - Lost City
    The_Devil_PT - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I didn't even read what the OP said btw.

I don't think we need new classes.

Next time, please post this in here: http://pwiforum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

b:victory b:bye

well i guess a game must be allways developing, and new races and classes are included on that developing, even if it takes long to do they will put more races and classes so the game turns more interessant ^^ even that arent my ideas will be other ones ideas...a dead game doesn't attract players ^^ (: perfect world is not dead, i just want it to stay "alive" xP
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I agree that the game should stay alive but before introducing massive developments they should focus on smaller ones such as glitches, lag, gold prices (ROARRRR) and possibly introduce new mobs or something for pve to make it more challenging and fun as well focusing on guilds and tw's.

EVE has a massive guild system from which parts could certainly be implemented.

Politics? Control over city developments? Interesting financial/economic things (e.g. shop control blah blah blah).

There are always limits to what new classes can do but there are parts with much greater potential.
    edited December 2009
    I agree that the game should stay alive but before introducing massive developments they should focus on smaller ones such as glitches, lag, gold prices (ROARRRR) and possibly introduce new mobs or something for pve to make it more challenging and fun as well focusing on guilds and tw's.

EVE has a massive guild system from which parts could certainly be implemented.

Politics? Control over city developments? Interesting financial/economic things (e.g. shop control blah blah blah).

There are always limits to what new classes can do but there are parts with much greater potential.

well i think u didn't understood my idea...maybe i didn't explicited well my idea...it was an idea for a expansion, something like rising tide, of course that there are that little things that have to be repaired , but they can be repaird along the game with patches and that kinda stuff, and even come with the expansion...i gave an idea i didn't said "MAKE IT NOW"...it's just an idea...there are important things like the glitches and everything u said, but that things could be all included in the expansion and in later patches??...couldn't it?...:S of course first they have to think in that kinda little stuff but they'll allways have to think in more new things over and over....i guess
  • XXDaRkDuDeXx - Lost City_1360261299
    edited December 2009
    i think the hunters should be able to choose wat kind of weapon (e.g axe, sword, gun, bow etc.)

and they should be able to turn into a full horse but the class would change wat the full horse form looks like (if u know wat i mean)

but other then that this would be a good race...

Peace out b:victory
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they could walk in air and to have some glowing thing at legs.. ^^
    hunter can use spears just spears...
    and druids can use auras....
    aura is somethign thats glowing in they hands !!b:laugh yay good idea!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
    edited December 2009
    they could walk in air and to have some glowing thing at legs.. ^^
    hunter can use spears just spears...
    and druids can use auras....
    aura is somethign thats glowing in they hands !!b:laugh yay good idea!!

thanks...1 thing i meant throwing spears (: ^^
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    well i think u didn't understood my idea...maybe i didn't explicited well my idea...it was an idea for a expansion, something like rising tide, of course that there are that little things that have to be repaired , but they can be repaird along the game with patches and that kinda stuff, and even come with the expansion...i gave an idea i didn't said "MAKE IT NOW"...it's just an idea...there are important things like the glitches and everything u said, but that things could be all included in the expansion and in later patches??...couldn't it?...:S of course first they have to think in that kinda little stuff but they'll allways have to think in more new things over and over....i guess

I understand it -.-
  • AzNPrSuaSioN - Dreamweaver
    AzNPrSuaSioN - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd Lol at the sight of a Centaur with wings xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ready or Not, NeverForever is coming to your local Home Depot This Spring 2010!
    Wonder who will be a God...(Pick me! Pick Me!)
  • Tacomo - Sanctuary
    Tacomo - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wow I'm extremely impressed by this. You came up with all the different aspects and at the same time made it so they wouldn't be overpowered or anything like that. Only thing ya might change about your idea is instead have the druids with the mets and somehow have it so there healing powers are derived from herblore or herbology. All in all I really like your idea we need some GM insite on this to see there opinions maybe they can suggest it or something to the higher ups.
    edited December 2009
    Wow I'm extremely impressed by this. You came up with all the different aspects and at the same time made it so they wouldn't be overpowered or anything like that. Only thing ya might change about your idea is instead have the druids with the mets and somehow have it so there healing powers are derived from herblore or herbology. All in all I really like your idea we need some GM insite on this to see there opinions maybe they can suggest it or something to the higher ups.

lol thanks ^^ (: thats really a good idea, in fact druids in mythology work with herbalism and nature powers, ya thats it (:...(i don't think that any GM is interested on my idea is just 1 in a million, xD there are so many suggestions about new races lol xD)

thanks alot again ^^
    edited December 2009
    well did any GM saw this?? (: u could give ur opinion if u did ^^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well did any GM saw this?? (: u could give ur opinion if u did ^^

you want Developer's opinions.
    b:chuckle
    GMs can't program new stuff into the game.
    xD
    they don't has teh powah.
    although hmm mayhaps they can forward your suggestion to them.
    =O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    thats what i want to happen (: lol xP
    edited December 2009
    http://failarielarfeiniel.deviantart.com/art/Centaur-Druid-or-Elementmaster-145796988

check out my centaur draw...it's not great, i'm not a really good drawer but i'll try to make better ones (:

http://failarielarfeiniel.deviantart.com/art/Centaur-Huntress-145830854

my second one
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like it would be a cool new class to play, something varied from the normal more than untamed are at the moment. Hehe Centuars wouldn't have to worry so much about pants or anything. XD
    Their fash could be removable appaloosa spots! And stuff. Though I'm touchy. I'd get real cross if someone called an appaloosa a pinto or a bay a chestnut. Heehee.

I'd play one. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://failarielarfeiniel.deviantart.com/art/Centaur-Druid-or-Elementmaster-145796988

check out my centaur draw...it's not great, i'm not a really good drawer but i'll try to make better ones (:

http://failarielarfeiniel.deviantart.com/art/Centaur-Huntress-145830854

my second one

Wow these are some great sketches, really impressive
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is from january O.O.

anyway, i think we should have enough for a while with tideborn xD

i wonder if this is called necro or not xD
    edited December 2009
    hey guys (: here is one more draw, now of the 2nd and 3rd water eel lvl form (: check it out ^^

http://failarielarfeiniel.deviantart.com/art/eel-Summon-145941651

i'm going to make the wolf, boar and eagle soon, and i'm trying to convince my brother to help me with the elementmaster forms (: (i know he wants to help but well he's a bit lazy -.-)
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If the PT on ur name means what i think ilub:chuckle
    Nice sugestion btw :O
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
    edited December 2009
    If the PT on ur name means what i think ilub:chuckle
    Nice sugestion btw :O

means Portuguese...i'm from Portugal ^^ (:
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey everyone (: (first of all this is on suggestions but since that nobody saw it i just put it here, cause i want u to read plzzzz, i need some opinions...even if u want to say that it's a bad idea...plz) ...

well i was trying to sleep and meanwille i remembred something awfull, i never had the oppurtunity to play with a centaur character :S x.x

and these days i'v been thinking about some cool features to a centaur race in perfect world, something difrent, dynamic and that at least i'v never seen x.x

Centaur characters/classes exist in other MMORPG games, one in particular I will not name, where they have about the same role as PWI's fighting cleric. The character's tattooed torso is nude, tho, not showing what equipment it is wearing nor displaying any kind of fashion.

Using magic and bows, it's a very fun class to play but gets boring after a while.

Just my 2 cents.

Here is a picture of the female centaur:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/fcent01-1.jpg

b:sleep
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked
    oh noes it's teh gratuitous nudity~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    b:shocked
    oh noes it's teh gratuitous nudity~

That's exactly how the ingame character appears and is played by adults and kids alike.

WTH, go figure.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    edited December 2009
    That's exactly how the ingame character appears and is played by adults and kids alike.

WTH, go figure.

lol....humans are funny...
    xD
    why does the horse torso have a cloth covering yet....
    strange...we don't use clothing though.
    huh.....b:puzzled
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    lol....humans are funny...
    xD
    why does the horse torso have a cloth covering yet....
    strange...we don't use clothing though.
    huh.....b:puzzled

Actually, that image is just promotion art and as you said, it has no clothing in game.

P.s.: I've re-edited the image as a link instead, to avoid copyright issues :)
    Crafting:
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I certainly admire the effort you put into this race and it would add a further level of diversity to Perfect World. However I have one gripe...
    People already fear that the Tide born assassin and psychic may replace their class, though current ideas of skill lists don't support this... But a class that can summon elemental to fight at their side is very close to a venomancer. In fact hunters sound like a combination of venomancers and archers... And while I'm sure every low level archer would love a personal tank...
    A class that can heal as the "Water"-druid would obviously impact the cleric class... In fact the multifaceted skill set of the druid - dual wielding close combat, healing and magical offense, buffing and defensive roles, and then full blast magical offensive spells - sounds just like that of classes already implemented in the game. You have given us blademasters, clerics, barbarians, and wizards on four legs. And barbarians can do that already too.
    This isn't to discount your suggestion, but for it to be as good of an addition as possible the class would have to have something that is wholly their own. In a way that doesn't make other classes feel redundant. Otherwise parties could just consist of six centaurs using various elements right? On the flip side if centaurs do everything everyone else does but not as well they would be ignored at higher levels... Already "light armor" clerics are frowned on when they don't heal as well... well if centaurs don't have the ability to heal as well in any case why bother?
    Then again who is to say that this isn't better, would it be refreshing to be in squads that don't consist of a barbarian, cleric, venomancer, and a pick of damagers? It could add a whole new dynamic to the game.

~PS- I love those sketches!!! If centaurs looked like that I would re-roll to prance around a flowery meadow :D But how would I wear my kimono, chipao, or wedding dress? I foresee Perfect World releasing vast amounts of new centaur-only fashion...
    ~PPS- I wish I had written this much for my essay tonight ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I congradulate you for coming up with the time and effort to come up with this idea but...it fails. The thought of a centauren race or watever on pw is stupid. how are you going to fly? wings? we've got enuff of that with tideborn coming out. you wouldn't be able to ride a mount. so that sucks. plus, like i said we already have TWO classes coming out. thats enuff. and will be the last two more than likely.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't count on the Tideborn being the last two classes Perfect World sees... it wants to stay dynamic and keep us interested so it has to give us things to do. New Classes do exactly that. Of course it needs to be balanced with new end-game content as well. What to do after level 100? Who knows :O
    But perhaps some expansion down the line will read Immortal Wars and the level 150 folks have to fight gods that seek to destroy Perfect World all together.
    ~PS- Zomg! The Auctioneer Leviathan is using Gold-Q.Q run for your lives!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I wouldn't count on the Tideborn being the last two classes Perfect World sees... it wants to stay dynamic and keep us interested so it has to give us things to do. New Classes do exactly that. Of course it needs to be balanced with new end-game content as well. What to do after level 100? Who knows :O
    But perhaps some expansion down the line will read Immortal Wars and the level 150 folks have to fight gods that seek to destroy Perfect World all together.
    ~PS- Zomg! The Auctioneer Leviathan is using Gold-Q.Q run for your lives!!!

lol thats a cool theory, but this is a f2p mmo, im surprised that they came out with new classes O.o so even more new classes down the road is highly unlikely.