Spark eruptions and heals

Alyyy - Sanctuary
Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
im just interested if u ppl use spark eruptions to get out of screwed situations?

and also from what i understand...

Spark Eruption Level 1
Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
Discharge one Spark to add 150% weapon damage for 10 seconds.
Grants invinciblity for 1 second after the discharge.

^2x the normal healing?

Advanced Spark Eruption Level 2
Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
Discharge two Spark to recover 10% of your maximum HP
and add 300% weapon damage for 12 seconds. Grants
invincibility for 2 seconds after the discharge.

^3x of the normal healin? o.o?

Demonic Eruption Level 3
Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum
MP, acquire 700% extra magical attack from weapons
for 15 seconds, and increase attack rate by 25%. Grants
invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.

or

Celestial Eruption Level 3
Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum MP,
acquire 700% extra magical attack from weapons for
15 seconds, and reduce all damage taken by 25%. Grants
invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.

6x of the normal healing?

am i sadly mistaken or just confused?b:surrender
Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alyyy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The boost isn't quite that insane...but Spark Eruptions of all kinds do indeed boost heal strength a significant amount.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    The boost isn't quite that insane...but Spark Eruptions of all kinds do indeed boost heal strength a significant amount.

oh ok tnx for confirmin my actual toughts b:laugh

b:surrenderwould be awesome if it would be that insane tho
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For example, if you were a level 77 cleric with 350 magic and a magic attack of 4190..4789:

If you have 350 magic, your magical attack already has a bonus of +350%, and when you examine your character sheet you will see your magical attack with your bonuses included. Without that bonus:

4190..4789 divided by 4.5 gives 931..1064 so your double spark would add 4x 931..1064 to your magical attack. I think that would be +3724..4256 (You can try double sparking and taking a screen shot of your character sheet to find how much you really get). In other words with double spark your damage should be approximately 7914..9045

So, that takes level 10 iron heart from 714 + 30% of 4190..4789 to 714 + 30% of 7914..9045

In other words your unsparked ironheart should heal for 1971..2150 and your sparked iron heart should heal for 3088..3427 which means almost +60% healing.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    For example, if you were a level 77 cleric with 350 magic and a magic attack of 4190..4789:

If you have 350 magic, your magical attack already has a bonus of +350%, and when you examine your character sheet you will see your magical attack with your bonuses included. Without that bonus:

4190..4789 divided by 4.5 gives 931..1064 so your double spark would add 4x 931..1064 to your magical attack. I think that would be +3724..4256 (You can try double sparking and taking a screen shot of your character sheet to find how much you really get). In other words with double spark your damage should be approximately 7914..9045

So, that takes level 10 iron heart from 714 + 30% of 4190..4789 to 714 + 30% of 7914..9045

In other words your unsparked ironheart should heal for 1971..2150 and your sparked iron heart should heal for 3088..3427 which means almost +60% healing.

b:dirtybeautifull
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hijacking this thread, since it pertains to Spark Eruptions and heals. XD

Is it true Celestial/Demonic will remove status effects upon...er...eruption? Not that it's exactly a viable alternative to Purify...but...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Hijacking this thread, since it pertains to Spark Eruptions and heals. XD

Is it true Celestial/Demonic will remove status effects upon...er...eruption? Not that it's exactly a viable alternative to Purify...but...

no...

lvl 3 sparks dont work as purify...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009

First off, if you read carefully the skill descriptions, it clearly states that it heals an "xxx" number + a % of BASE magic attack.

If by base it is meant without any buffs and/or added Matk trough shards, then your calculations are totally wrong.

Second, why would anyone cast a spark or even dual spark before healing ? The time you spend on casting it can also be used to heal again.

So you either lose time by casting a spark or dual spark and heal +60%, or you cast a dual IH wich also heals TWICE +30%.

The ONLY advantage it gives before healing is the 10% recovery of max hp with dual spark.(not considering the rediculous low invincibility) But try casting a dual spark, then heal with IH, and next just 2 IH. Which one is faster...?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Second, why would anyone cast a spark or even dual spark before healing ? The time you spend on casting it can also be used to heal again.

use double spark and click C ul see why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dont forget, spark also gives you mp.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    First off, if you read carefully the skill descriptions, it clearly states that it heals an "xxx" number + a % of BASE magic attack.

Yes, but I think you should not be reading skill descriptions so carefully, without also performing some experiments. Lots of our skill descriptions have translation problems.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    To be honest, i think loads of players before us have done enough " experiments", and have as such commented and discussed them here.

That being said, i always read the skill descriptions. How else are you going to decide how and when to use them ? More experienced players then myself have already tested those out and used them in all kinds of situations.

I think that by now they would have said something if something was not right in the skill descriptions.

The only thing i point out is that there is NO clear view on what "Base" magic attack might reflect upon. Is it the base with or without buffs, with or without sharding, or even base as in MAG base ?

Since there is no clear view, there is no way to know how much you actually heal unless you test it on someone.

Do a simple test :

Get your char undressed, NO added bonuses of anything. then heal someone who's hp is nearly gone.
    Get dressed and perform the test again.
    Do those 2 tests both buffed and unbuffed.

Only then you will know what base really means.
    From that point on, repeat the tests with single spark + heal and dual spark+heal.

Post your numbers here and people will KNOW what base means, how much heal to expect and what influences it or not. But for now, it's just a guessing game.
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    The only thing i point out is that there is NO clear view on what "Base" magic attack might reflect upon. Is it the base with or without buffs, with or without sharding, or even base as in MAG base ?

Since there is no clear view, there is no way to know how much you actually heal unless you test it on someone.

Do a simple test :

Get your char undressed, NO added bonuses of anything. then heal someone who's hp is nearly gone.

That is complicated but will not tell you whether "base magic attack" in ironheart's description includes any bonuses from magic nor will it tell you the nature of your bonuses (if you have them).

So I am going to suggest another approach: Go fight something and then heal yourself and see how much you heal and figure out how much of that heal you are getting from your gear and build, based on your skill description. (An instant heal is simpler than ironheart for this because then you can ignore your own natural recovery.)
    From that point on, repeat the tests with single spark + heal and dual spark+heal.

Post your numbers here and people will KNOW what base means, how much heal to expect and what influences it or not. But for now, it's just a guessing game.

Doing your heals with sparks will help understand how much spark heals, but I have performed these kinds of test already (months ago), to my satisfaction, and I am reporting my conclusions.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I can not say for sure that double spark will make your heals stronger (though I believe it does). but I use double spark all the time in instances simply for the 10% mp, helps save on mp pots. From what I have noticed on health bars i would say it helps, just as an example on a boss. If i spark then heal tank a couple times then either heal someone else or debuff or whatnot... the tank won't drop in health(or at least not much) while if i didn't spark tank would lose much more hp. So, really just try it out, and even if it doesn't. I'll still use it anyway for the mp recovery,
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To be honest, i think loads of players before us have done enough " experiments", and have as such commented and discussed them here.

That being said, i always read the skill descriptions. How else are you going to decide how and when to use them ? More experienced players then myself have already tested those out and used them in all kinds of situations.

I think that by now they would have said something if something was not right in the skill descriptions.

Do a simple test :

b:chuckle that base in general ppl have it wrong

example: Wellspring Surge
    Rapidly recovers target's HP, recovering 350
    plus 20% of your base magic attack.

Now general opinion is, if you unequip your weapon, its should heal the same as with your weapon WHICH is FALLS and PROVEN.
    b:dirty
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no...

lvl 3 sparks dont work as purify...

get to level 89 and say that. Demon/sage spark definally PURIFYS yourself. it's removed poison, freeze, +channeling, slower attack rate, and HP debuff for me (those are all I tested on myself)

I only have to check if you can spark out of seal/silence (prob not but it's worth a shot)

can't spark out of stun and sleep. Basically works like using purify on yourself.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I just figure that by "base magick attack" they refer to Magic atk as it is described in your stat window, so NOT the MAG.

Since M attack is based on the amount of mag you have, any bonus will increase that number, even buffs.

Provided that it IS your base Matk, then you can do a simple calculation :

- Unequip your char from ALL gear except weapon. Duel and lose.
    - Heal yourself UNbuffed with IB and look how much it heals you , you have no bonuses of recovery on and your normal recovery is neglectable.
    - Then heal yourself buffed and write down the difference.

You can easily calculate if the number of healing is about 30% of your base Matk (about because of your auto recovery (very low number))

If it is, then you know if the formula is also applied buffed or not.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The FAC guide has provided "experimental" info on how to get your base magic attack and skill damage, but to quote the info directly:

>>> Exactly how much base magic attack does MAG give?

It depends on your level and your equipment magic attack. Basically it goes like this:

(level+equipment magic attack)/100

For example, if you have 550 equipment magic attack at level 50, every point in MAG will give you 6 base magic attack.

>>> What is the difference between equipment magic attack and base magic attack?

Equipment magic attack: You get it by adding all +magic attack giving equipments, i.e. weapon, rings, soulstones and bonus stats.

For example, if your weapon gives 500-650 magic attack, your rings 100, your soulstones 15, and your bonus stats 25, your equipment magic attack is 640-790.

Base magic attack: This is the value you see under Magic Attack in your character window. You can calculate it with the following formula:

(1+(MAG/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)

For example, if you have 1100-1500 equipment magic attack and 500 MAG at level 100, you’ll have around 7200-9600 base magic attack.

You see, it’s not a simple addition. MAG actually acts as an amplifier.

>>> How did you calculate the damage of all the different builds?

The approximate formula is:
    ((base magic attack)+(MAG+weapon magic attack)*(magic attack % from skill)+skill add-on damage)*(100% + additional % from metal mastery)

Please note that it doesn’t take into account the mob’s defense. Unless you can figure out how much damage reduction a specific mob has exactly, you can only calculate your damage on the extreme low level mobs like goats and dogs.

>>> Where did you find these formulas? Are they really 100% accurate?

I came up with the MAG and magic attack formulas myself, and I’m very sure they’re accurate. Numerous calculations all have come up with exactly the right value. If you’re in doubt, you can test them yourself; they’re relatively easy to calculate.

The damage formula I got from the official forums of PW-PH, but here my tests have shown some minor deviations from the expected results, so I cannot guarantee its absolute validity. Still, it did a good job to accurately predict the % damage loss of the alternative armor builds compared to Pure MAG.
    quote truncates it for an unknown reason, so I post it open, and to look for more info, refer to the guide in the last section
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Base magic attack: This is the value you see under Magic Attack in your character window. ...etc etc...

Just as i suspected. The formula clearly proves :

If your BASE there increases by buffing and equipment change, then so will your heals because it calculated your heal on the number that is stated there. Since you buff yourself before healing (normally) you also increase your overall heals which are calculated based upon that number.

But that's only my opinion oc.
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Tested:

Stream of rejuvination, nonsparked: Heals about 60% hp on 8x veno (5k ish hp)
    Stream of rejuvination, double sparked: Heals almost 90% hp on same veno (and I get 10% mp back)

Wellspring, unsparked: heals about 25% on said veno
    Wellspring, Double sparked: heals about 40% on same target

Verdict: Spark = sizable increase in healing power, and double spark gives you mp, which cuts down on pot cost in dungeons.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    im just interested if u ppl use spark eruptions to get out of screwed situations?
    Depends on HOW screwed and how fixable it is. At my current channeling rate, by the time it takes for spark 'action' to finish and me cast, i waste about 3 uncasted ironhearts. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Depends on HOW screwed and how fixable it is. At my current channeling rate, by the time it takes for spark 'action' to finish and me cast, i waste about 3 uncasted ironhearts. =/

i use it when barb is runin for his life xD

i also use half broken quick tiping in those situations...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I use double spark sometimes for the 2 second invincibility. But it's more useful in pvp than pve. For heals, I feel that it's not so great in an emergency, because you could get off a couple heals before the spark heal kicks in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I personally find sparks very useful when healing, particularly when the tank's health is slowly dropping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I never use my spark although it is on my bar.
  • dntkid
    dntkid Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    it actually helps in healing on pve and helps save mp pots so i use it a lot and on pvp love it b:dirtyb:victoryb:laugh
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Best use for me :

Dual spark > Tempest > IB > purify.

works like a charm in AoE b:laugh
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I use it to regen mp, boost heal power when tanks hp is going down slowly, and for when I need to res somone (spark>stack 3-4 heals>res person>back to heals) without freaking the tank out too much.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • Sarunya - Sanctuary
    Sarunya - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sage cleric: healing (ironheart blessing/sage wellspring surge)+ Master Li's Technique (regain 50 chi every minute) = 3 spark in no time. As said before, restores 20% of your MP. Free TT's for me when no BB used. ^^

Let the demon clerics attack lol.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sage cleric: healing (ironheart blessing/sage wellspring surge)+ Master Li's Technique (regain 50 chi every minute) = 3 spark in no time. As said before, restores 20% of your MP. Free TT's for me when no BB used. ^^

think about it, sage ih heal more but ih is already an over powered skill. so i think babrs would rather the hp + mp regen of a demon ih xP

OP:
    i use adv spark during healing for the increased heals, but more for the mp regen. if i was in a bind and needed quick strong heals, i use spak(1st one) as it takes pretty much no time to cast and boosts heals alot; spark>ih>ih>ih>ih>ih>repeat. it's saved countless barbs lol.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I said it before i'll say it again:

Demon cleric: best PvE healing: IH gives mana + stream gives pdef
    Sage Cleric: best PvP healing: IH needs to be as strong as it can be, faster wellspring can save lives too

Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^