Are Wiz Expensive?

Options
_____ - Harshlands
_____ - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
Yea... I de-downloaded the game a few months ago because i just got bored.. But now i'm back and going to reroll a new class! I was wondering if wiz's were expensive like archs...
b:bye
Post edited by _____ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You think archers are expensive...?
    If that's your mentality then you should roll Veno. They cost absolutely nothing >_>
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea... I de-downloaded the game a few months ago because i just got bored.. But now i'm back and going to reroll a new class! I was wondering if wiz's were expensive like archs...

They are HARDLY expensive. I would say they are most expensive class in game. Because they just depend of their gear. And end-game gear filled with high-level shards is very expensive. Without it you will be more death than alive.b:pleased Especially 1-80lv. The least expensive are venos. They can make lot of money without big effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol, archers expensive...rofl.
    A wizard costs at least 5 times more, just look in AH at weapons and gear.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Mages have:

1.) Most expensive skill set.
    2.) Most extensive armor needs (aka most expensive gear reqs.)
    3.) Most expensive dungeon costs if you use MP charms*(about 20% more mana usage than the next most expensive casting class- clerics)

BUT!!! was it worth it?

Hell yah, I'd roll a wiz again no doubt 'bout it.

*edit: on second consideration even though we roll through so much MP, mages have several great ways to generate MP- wellspring quaff, double and tripple sparks, and stupid cheap apothecary 9k mp/30second pots.
  • _____ - Harshlands
    _____ - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So should i stick with my Arch or roll a wiz o.o
    b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    o.o'

b:sweat

you going to have alot of trouble either way.

(>.<)

but me think staying with your archer might be better.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WildSakura - Lost City
    WildSakura - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    LOl i roll everything seriosly i have a veno,celric,archer,wizard,blademaster i find that my wiz is a bit more expensive but i also know that she will be one of the best chars soon
    \
    you should stck with every one you seem to like most or the best at playing at
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes, Wizards can be expensive. They have LOW HP so you need good gear to do anything. Sure you can make a cheap Wizard but no-one likes to meditate after killing half a dozen mobs or beg for a revive once an hour.

To my own experience only 1 class is more expensive than Wizard: Blademaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You think archers are expensive...?
    If that's your mentality then you should roll Veno. They cost absolutely nothing >_>
    lol, archers expensive...rofl.
    A wizard costs at least 5 times more, just look in AH at weapons and gear.

An endgame archer needs to refine heavily to be a factor. Im not talking about the +5 we wizzies do. Archers need to do +8 armor and a +10 wep and they still have trouble keeping up >.>
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wiz is a bit more expensive but at the same time a little cheaper too.

I'm 100 with +4-5 armor and adorns and a +8 weapon and I do better than a LOT of other classes with better gear.

Part of it is skill, but Wizards have the ability to survive a little more easily because of shrink and barrier. They're more expensive in the lower levels, the trick is to get to 99 if you plan on making one
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wiz is a bit more expensive but at the same time a little cheaper too.

I'm 100 with +4-5 armor and adorns and a +8 weapon and I do better than a LOT of other classes with better gear.

Part of it is skill, but Wizards have the ability to survive a little more easily because of shrink and barrier. They're more expensive in the lower levels, the trick is to get to 99 if you plan on making one

What armor do you have? TT90 green or TT 99 gold or which one?b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:cry
    mana pots cost so much~
    QQ
    b:angry
    and charms are worse~
    xD

but me still use mana pots (event) along with apoth pots.
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    3.) Most expensive dungeon costs (about 20% more mana usage than the next most expensive casting class- clerics)

Do Wizards use more mp in a dungeon then a cleric? Maybe. Do they spend more to keep their mp up than a cleric? If you do then I suggest you stop going afk after using DB. Concentrate/Renewal orb + Wellspring + spark eruption = positive net change in mp.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do Wizards use more mp in a dungeon then a cleric? Maybe. Do they spend more to keep their mp up than a cleric? If you do then I suggest you stop going afk after using DB. Concentrate/Renewal orb + Wellspring + spark eruption = positive net change in mp.

I dun think you understand:

gush = 265mana/2seconds
    pyro = 265mana/2.3seconds

That's a grand total of 123mana/second, while blue ball cleric only spends 100/sec.

And then we have undine strike = 600mana/17seconds (this debuff should always be active 'cause it adds ~500damage per hit... if, that is, we're planning to DD); that brings our mana consumption to 158/second... I dunno 'bout you but I find myself burning through mp pots like crazy, and that's with maxed wellspring & spamming sage spark.
  • waixan
    waixan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Instead of posting a new thread, I will just ask my question in this topic since it is a bit similar...

I am new to the game, and I am thinking of either making a veno or wizard. In terms of being squishy and grindy when I am a wizard, I don't mind. But what I want to know is if I want to make a decent wizard (in both PvE and TW) at end level with decent equips, would it be more expensive than making a decent veno with decent equips and with a phoenix or herc (I don't plan to cash shop, or at least spend too much in it)?

I know that gold exchange rate is a bit expensive lately (well, i only know Lost City is expensive XD), so getting a legendary pet may be a hassle. On the other hand, someone from another thread said that leveling wizard skills take alot of money as well, so I am not sure.

I post this in veno forum as well, but didn't get much replies in regard to this question, so I will try it here XD
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From my experience as a wizard.. Sure Damage is good but its does cost alot..
    Im not a cash shop player at all.. work for wat i hav and im partially regrettin starting the Wizard.
    Lvl 68 Pure Magic Wizard, Skills cost alot, Gear cost ALOT and Pots Cost alot..

The Wizard is so dependent on its gear its just ridiculous.. i hav 2k hp unbuffed with my current gear and i think that good for my lvl cuz ive seen lvl 70's with less..

to be honest im thinkin of re-rolling.. but not sure what..
    Veno.. I like it PvE but dont like the play style PvP.. sit there and wait for ur pet to attack -.-
    Blademaster.. Think it will b replaced b Assassin
    Barb.. Low damage
    Cleric.. Support.. Zzzzzz
    Archer.. Decent Damage and fun
    Assassin Cross between Bm and Archer i think.. Think i may try this when its out
    Phychic Cross between Mage and Cleric i think.. Mainly Assist Attacks (so pwi Says so far anyway)

Edit : Sorry i know im not statin all good and bad things about each class but in college atm and kinda
    pissed at fact of the Wiz.. i mean Zzzzzz gush > pyro > gush >pyro >gush.. gets boring..
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From my experience as a wizard.. Sure Damage is good but its does cost alot..
    Im not a cash shop player at all.. work for wat i hav and im partially regrettin starting the Wizard.
    Lvl 68 Pure Magic Wizard, Skills cost alot, Gear cost ALOT and Pots Cost alot..

The Wizard is so dependent on its gear its just ridiculous.. i hav 2k hp unbuffed with my current gear and i think that good for my lvl cuz ive seen lvl 70's with less..

to be honest im thinkin of re-rolling.. but not sure what..
    Veno.. I like it PvE but dont like the play style PvP.. sit there and wait for ur pet to attack -.-
    Blademaster.. Think it will b replaced b Assassin
    Barb.. Low damage
    Cleric.. Support.. Zzzzzz
    Archer.. Decent Damage and fun
    Assassin Cross between Bm and Archer i think.. Think i may try this when its out
    Phychic Cross between Mage and Cleric i think.. Mainly Assist Attacks (so pwi Says so far anyway)

What you, Wizards can say about my hero ? Edit: Broken link

I have same gear up to level 70 now (not all yet).

I killed myself, without charms (at 46th level) Suzerix, Adalwolf Elder for quest The Believer.

And can repeat it, if it is necessary to prove.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What you, Wizards can say about my hero ?

Am kinda jealous of your gear b:surrender
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I killed myself, without charms
    And can repeat it, if it is necessary to prove.
    hmmmmmm using emberstorm too much?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmmmmm using emberstorm too much?b:sad
    No, I had not used this spell ever.

But used only fluorish orb, pots, genie, Glacial Embrace (8th level) - to protect my Wizard from death.

Damage was small from those "boss", less than from DarkWolven Lord of level 32 quest Kill DarkWolven Lord (dependent from level and gear of course).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Magicsaber
    lols nice gear but...
    o.o'
    maybe if you got a cleric to help you...
    then you wouldn't die.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What armor do you have? TT90 green or TT 99 gold or which one?b:thanks

Sorry for late response.
    I have 90 past wrists (Upgrading to hh99 gold soon) Event helmet and boots, 96 molder top (Drops in fb99 heaven) hh90 green pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Magicsaber
    lols nice gear but...
    o.o'
    maybe if you got a cleric to help you...
    then you wouldn't die.
    xD

My hero still at 46th level, so you can create new character (for example, cleric, because he can fly from start levels) at Dreamweaver and I will show you, that my Wizard will kill above boss Suzerix, Adalwolf Elder without any help from other players.

P.S.
    Of course, we must discuss day and time, when you and I will be able to meet at game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My hero still at 46th level, so you can create new character (for example, cleric, because he can fly from start levels) at Dreamweaver and I will show you, that my Wizard will kill above boss Suzerix, Adalwolf Elder without any help from other players.

P.S.
    Of course, we must discuss day and time, when you and I will be able to meet at game.
    it's called event pots and wasting far too much money on gear you'll only be using for a few days because leveling is so pathetically fast. Nobody cares, everyone can do it.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it's called event pots

Small Health Potions

it's called event pots and wasting far too much money on gear you'll only be using for a few days because leveling is so pathetically fast. Nobody cares, everyone can do it.

My style of game is different.

I teach 4 genies along with me (all of them 46 level as my hero). And not to sell them.
    So, I am leveling by (1+0.4*4)=2.6 times slower then most of the standard players.
    it's called event pots and wasting far too much money on gear...
    Those money - not gold, but game coins.
    it's called event pots and wasting far too much money on gear you'll only be using for a few days ..
    And may be weeks, but at the end my Wizard will be prepaired to fight against most of bosses alone. At any level.

Mobs are same at any level. What is the aim of leveling faster for me ?

P.S.
    As my hero all mobs will be more and more powerful.
    They will have longest agro time, life, more magic and physical attack, magic and physical defense, new skills.
    And long column of:
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    Interrapted
    I will see very often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    4 genies ?? Damn thats alot of Spirit / Exp gone for nothing.. your not a tank.. nobody will take you as a tank so why bother wasting your time ?

Just lvl up get wicked skills and Nuke ppl.. Spend a while doin that and get bored of casting Gush > Pyro back and forth..
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
    edited November 2009
    Options
    4 genies ?? Damn thats alot of Spirit / Exp gone for nothing.. your not a tank.. nobody will take you as a tank so why bother wasting your time ?

Just lvl up get wicked skills and Nuke ppl.. Spend a while doin that and get bored of casting Gush > Pyro back and forth..
    Now I have 112k of extra spirit (all skills are learned by my hero).

And I was tank even for players of higher level than my hero.

When Veno, Barb and other were killed in wrong try to attack boss.

And I will be tank against bosses as I know.

Here link to prove it (that Wizard can be tank for bosses).
    PWpedia wrote:
    At higher levels the added mana regeneration effect is no where near enough to even be useful to you but this shield will be needed if you plan to be a tank for Suzerix, Krixxix, and Mantavip, these are all bosses in which a wizard tank is usually preferred (especially for Mantavip) over a barbarian because these do long range water damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol
    Enjoy your pve boss killing, doubt anyone is gonna care. I'll stick to stronger bosses that can't be solo'd + pvp.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Enjoy your pve boss killing, doubt anyone is gonna care...
    Yea, it is my style of game.
    ... I'll stick to stronger bosses that can't be solo'd + pvp.
    I hate to kill players. I don't like to be killed by other player during grinding. I don't want to try bleeding under attack of Phoenix again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea, it is my style of game.

I hate to kill players. I don't like to be killed by other player during grinding. I don't want to try bleeding under attack of Phoenix again.
    That's why I spent more time on learning how to oneshot phoenixes 24/7 rather than bothering with lv50 bosses which I can kill in what, 4-8 hits?