GMs ar eyou gonna replace my wines?

Options
13»

Comments

• FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    maintenance is when ever they choose..has not always been tues or wed..i've seen it on mondays...thursday or fridays. they use to warn us ahead of time but not anymore. it's not too much to ask since we are the ones that allow the game to continue running.. i personaly don't care when or what time they have it but it should be announced ingame. that's all have to say about that b:bye
  • ZephyrZeus - Heavens Tear
    ZephyrZeus - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    maintenance is when ever they choose..has not always been tues or wed..i've seen it on mondays...thursday or fridays. they use to warn us ahead of time but not anymore. it's not too much to ask since we are the ones that allow the game to continue running.. i personaly don't care when or what time they have it but it should be announced ingame. that's all have to say about that b:bye

exactly b:victory
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You would be wrong then.

My license is up for renewal this month. No mails saying as much. Guess what? It is MY responsibility to get it renewed. I can't say to a cop "but they never told me I needed to renew it" That argument doesn't work. It is my responsibility to know when things are due, when things are up for renewal etc. So no, it is not 'mandatory' that they send out any notice.

My car registration.. guess what... it's up next month. No notice. It is again, my responsibility to be aware of when things in my life need to be taken care of.

Granted, the mail system here in Hawaii is known for losing things. But... You seem to think that it is the governments job to tell you when you need to do things. Sheeple much? I don't need or require the government to tell me when things need doing. I keep aware of them myself. It is MY responsibility to do so, not the governments.

Again let me iterate the simple fact. If something gets sent, but never makes it to me (mail gets lost, delayed, misrouted etc) The government is not going to buy 'I never got a notice'. They are going to tell me "It was your responsibility to know, not ours to tell you".

Stop trying to make others responsible for your life. Take responsibility for yourself, your actions and your own needs and requirements. You would be surprised at how easy it really is.

~Saitada

I didn't say I don't take responsibility. I said they are COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO SEND ME A NOTICE!!!! GET THAT.. A NOTICE! YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT NOTIFIES YOU THAT SOMETHING IS HAPPENING OR NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE!

Thats all lots of ppl are asking for. They are not asking that PWI suddenly pay our bills and baby sit our children. Stop flaming me, cause I am not going to let you bring me down to your level. You'd just beat me with experience anyways...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Server maintenance is always at night. Don't think they've ever taken it down during the day. even made a world chat message saying the server was going down tonight 2 hours before it was going to happen. And though I wasn't on, they usually start giving warnings around 40 minutes. Which is pretty considerate. I knew a game that gave a 60 second warning and that was it.

You only have yourself to blame. Maybe in the future you will keep track of planned server downtime.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Server maintenance is always at night. Don't think they've ever taken it down during the day. even made a world chat message saying the server was going down tonight 2 hours before it was going to happen. And though I wasn't on, they usually start giving warnings around 40 minutes. Which is pretty considerate. I knew a game that gave a 60 second warning and that was it.

You only have yourself to blame. Maybe in the future you will keep track of planned server downtime.

There was no server message on Heaven's Tear. Not sure what server your on. We did however get a 300 second warning!

Please read prior posts about maintenance not happening at the same times/days anymore.

As far as the OP.. no.. they will not refund the wines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I didn't say I don't take responsibility. I said they are COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO SEND ME A NOTICE!!!! GET THAT.. A NOTICE! YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT NOTIFIES YOU THAT SOMETHING IS HAPPENING OR NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE!

Thats all lots of ppl are asking for. They are not asking that PWI suddenly pay our bills and baby sit our children. Stop flaming me, cause I am not going to let you bring me down to your level. You'd just beat me with experience anyways...

No you said:
    In the United States of America it is mandatory they send out a "license renewal notice".
    As if it was some law that they do so.

Now your changing it up as a Courtesy.

Ok I agree with you there, as a courtesy yes, they are nice enough to do that (usually) but again it is YOUR responsibility to take care of your needs and be aware of your needs in case that COURTESY doesn't make it to you for some reason or another.

Same thing goes here. They are not REQUIRED to do a damn thing for you but as a COURTESY they post maintenance times on the forums (unless it is an emergency and they simply have to shut down right then and there). They are not REQUIRED to tell you anything in game. As a COURTESY they gave people a 300 second countdown (or at least most people got one.. funny that some 'say' they didn't get one, while others on the same server 'say' they did..).

Again, I one more time state.. it is YOUR responsibility to be aware of things around you. Checking the forums once or twice a day to see if anything you need to be aware of gets posted is not a hard or difficult task to do. That is what forums are for. YOU are responsible for yourself. In game and out. Nuff said.

~S
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so we get a 300 second warning for maintinence tonight.... im wondering are you gms going to replace the 2 fb89 wines i had just used literally 15 seconds before u made that cheap announcement?

" We here at PWI are deeply upset at your loss, and yes we feel that it is our duty to give you access to FREE wine's as compensation.

Due to it being Halloween the season of events, your FREE wine can be accessed through a Hide and Seek contest.

The rules for this contest are simple:

Hidden around certain maps our dedicated team has placed all the materials you need to make the wine.
    On completion of the Contest these materials can be traded to an NPC, who will in turn replace your lost wine.

We would like to appologise for only informing you 12 hours in advance that the servers would be down, and we can only hope the fun of this contest will go some way to alleviate the pain and suffering you suffered.

Happy Hunting

All at PWI "
This discussion has been closed.