GMs ar eyou gonna replace my wines?

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have to admit, maintenance did come as a surprise to me tonight.

Personally, duke shouts for maintenance and new day should be reinstated.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to look at the clock and realize I can pick up dalies and do cube =P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why duke doesn't tell every week when is maintenance? He can scream about every token but he cannot tell us, when maintenance is?b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    U idiots just don't get it, ppl actually spend time playing the game and not on this lame **** forum site. I remember when the red message came up saying 1 hour server maintenance... (excuse spelling). So just cause all u ppl who come on the forums every hour cause u don't have anything better to do and not even play the game then u would remember the hour warnings. b:chuckle

or maybe *gasp* the idiot here is you for not remembering something so simple as a *gasp* weekly maintenance schedule?

Oh and um just an aside.. anybody that downloads a game without bothering to read it's forums to see if there are any particular things they should know before hand.. just deserves what they get. Go QQ to mommy little girl, you'll get no sympathy here.

~Saitada
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    @op
    Gm's won't replace the wine.. They already can't keep up with their complaints as it is, and it wouldn't really be realistic for them to go through every person that had some problem because of maintenance.

That said, I feel they should be using that warning to let people know maintenance is coming. I browse the forums alot, so I have the advantage of seeing when it is (you may want to take a look on mon/tues to find out when it is.. maybe bookmark general discussion and take a quick look). I think it sucks that you wined it and got booted off, but don't expect our GM's to do anything about it. It seems like their attitude is just "not my problem" if you were warned or not (like the quest to pick up genie resets disappeared without any warning) or any compensation for bugs in the game (rebirth or cube for instance).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im sure most of these responce say close to the same thing ..but i feel ill say it too ...u should have read the post on the forums its been up about 12 hrs befor the maint. they wont replace ur wines cuz u refused to read there warning
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    GM's should give out temp bans to everyone flaming here. Seriously, the petty insults are appalling and extremely childish =/

I'm all for checking the forums and keeping up to date on maintenance times, but a mere 5 minute system announcement warning is kinda unacceptable. It's just another degradation of the game really. Pwi is well capable of treating us a lot better than this. Most people rely on system announcements, and there's no rule or warning that says they shouldn't.
  • DaiTenku - Sanctuary
    DaiTenku - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Maintance happened at exactly the same time it said on forums hours ago. Sorry, but you'll get no sympathy from me. (lol @ whoever gets the reference)

prepare yourself as I fight for my friends....

@op your fault :S though warnings would be nice
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    GM's should give out temp bans to everyone flaming here. Seriously, the petty insults are appalling and extremely childish =/

If they did that, there'd be no more players. b:chuckle

Seriously, though, how can you go through 89 levels and not check the forums ONCE? I don't intend on this being a flame, but the information IS there, has BEEN there for quite awhile, therefore you should NOT get your items back.
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nope.

Maybe if maintinence wasn't scheduled for the same time every week and also posted at the top of the general forums page, i might feel for you.

You sure it was an FB89 wines cause you post make you sound like you a lvl 29 that only been playing a few weeks.

On a side note i would be nice if maintinence were from 2am to 4am when it would, i think, affect less people.

This is the problem, lately maintenance ISN'T scheduled for the same day or time every week. Those of us here for awhile know it used to be every Tuesday from 11pm-1am. That is no longer a constant. The last 2 months is been on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and 1 on Thursday. Different times but none earlier than 10pm.

So.. saying they should just know is incorrect.
    Why duke doesn't tell every week when is maintenance? He can scream about every token but he cannot tell us, when maintenance is?b:angry

QFT!

I'm all for checking the forums and keeping up to date on maintenance times, but a mere 5 minute system announcement warning is kinda unacceptable. It's just another degradation of the game really. Pwi is well capable of treating us a lot better than this. Most people rely on system announcements, and there's no rule or warning that says they shouldn't.

IMO if system announcements are only to announce Jim and Jill getting married, or someone won an uber item from a gamble box, or press O for boutique I feel there is no need for them.

System announcements can't be shut off, therefore what is said on them I feel needs to be important stuff EVERYONE needs or wants to know.

I don't care when others get married, good for them but I don't need to know.
    Same with items won, and after a day of system announcement about the boutique we are sure to remember it.

The system announcements need to be edited some!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Seriously...just check the forum. Hey, you dont even have to register. But you should know that with all MMO games that the Devs/GMs use their forum/website to inform and update everyone.

I do wish they never got rid of Duke's announcing the new day when the server time hit midnight. After almost a full year of playing this game, I kinda grew dependent on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know I world chatted about maint but it was near the end of some people fighting or w/e. But i tried...if there was a way i could pm everyone in game about maint I would. Rose sometimes does it too. But it also doesn't hurt, like while you are doing crazy stone or afk flying someplace, to alt tab and check the forums quickly just for maint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The forum isnt here just to entertain trolls.

da f**k!?!? I thought... wait... no, yah I totally thought the forums were for trolls... trolls live in forums right? b:shocked
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    da f**k!?!? I thought... wait... no, yah I totally thought the forums were for trolls... trolls live in forums right? b:shocked

*legasp!* and henceforth came a rare sighting of one now! he comes in the darkness of night, from his makeshift bridge of old postings!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If PW can spam us to death with useless system messages that we can't block then they can show a bit of common courtesy and post a system message warning about maintenance..
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If PW can spam us to death with useless system messages that we can't block then they can show a bit of common courtesy and post a system message warning about maintenance..

Agreed, but if you can come onto the forums to complain then you can show a little initiative and come onto the forums to check for maintenance.
  • VENOZOMBIE - Heavens Tear
    VENOZOMBIE - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    leveledup-1.jpg
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why should I have to? with their ability to beat us to death with ingame messages they could do it right there..they've already ruined the pw economy..that's the least they could do..oh and a good portion of the time the game crashes when i minimize so no the forums not a gr8 option
  • Arverna - Sanctuary
    Arverna - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The forum isnt here just to entertain trolls.

This has still to be confirmed at 100% b:chuckle

But seriously, everybody QQing about forums and so on.....
    Take it the other way round tho, forums have been updated 12h ago? good !

Why not have a system warning every hour in game then, would not hurt anyone...
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do agree with the minority, why should someone bother with reading forums when they don't have to. An MMO should at least host 60, 30, 20, 10, 5, or even a 1 minute warning, it's called consideration to the people who play your damn game.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why should I have to? with their ability to beat us to death with ingame messages they could do it right there..they've already ruined the pw economy..that's the least they could do..oh and a good portion of the time the game crashes when i minimize so no the forums not a gr8 option

Run the game in windowed mode. makes it easier to switch out. Also.. let me give you an example that might bring it home for you a little clearer.

When you get a Drivers License (lets say the state or country you live in renews them every 4 years) It is YOUR responsibility to get your license renewed after 4 years. You won't get a warning mail telling you your license is about to expire; renew it now (At least in my state we don't).

If you forget and get pulled over, guess what? Yep you guessed it, your driving with an expired license, you might find yourself arrested, or at the least your vehicle impounded (and you walking home) if another driver isn't there to take over for you.

You are then responsible to get your vehicle out of impound (at hundreds of dollars worth of fees), and you have to either pay a fine after showing proof of license renewal, or you get a court date where you have to show you have renewed your license, and pay a fine as well.

So... now you get my point? Your responsible to know what is going on in your life (and as your alive while playing this game.. guess what.. your responsible for knowing whats going on with it).

If you can't be assed to check the forums for announcements about things you may very well want to know.. then the responsibility for you not knowing is not on PWI, they posted it on the forums for you to read, the responsibility is yours for not doing something so simple as loading a browser before you log into the game and checking to see if there is anything new you should know.

In other words, PWI isn't here to hold your hands and lead you down the flowered path. If you want to walk down the flowered path, take the blindfold off, get off your ****, and walk down it under your own power. Don't blame others for your failures.

~S
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When you get a Drivers License (lets say the state or country you live in renews them every 4 years) It is YOUR responsibility to get your license renewed after 4 years. You won't get a warning mail telling you your license is about to expire; renew it now (At least in my state we don't).

One month warning in Ohio. b:surrender
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    One month warning in Ohio. b:surrender

That is why I added the rider about at least in my state they don't. lol :-)
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Run the game in windowed mode. makes it easier to switch out. Also.. let me give you an example that might bring it home for you a little clearer.

If you forget and get pulled over, guess what? Yep you guessed it, your driving with an expired license, you might find yourself arrested, or at the least your vehicle impounded (and you walking home) if another driver isn't there to take over for you.

You are then responsible to get your vehicle out of impound (at hundreds of dollars worth of fees), and you have to either pay a fine after showing proof of license renewal, or you get a court date where you have to show you have renewed your license, and pay a fine as well.

So... now you get my point? Your responsible to know what is going on in your life (and as your alive while playing this game.. guess what.. your responsible for knowing whats going on with it).

If you can't be assed to check the forums for announcements about things you may very well want to know.. then the responsibility for you not knowing is not on PWI, they posted it on the forums for you to read, the responsibility is yours for not doing something so simple as loading a browser before you log into the game and checking to see if there is anything new you should know.

In other words, PWI isn't here to hold your hands and lead you down the flowered path. If you want to walk down the flowered path, take the blindfold off, get off your ****, and walk down it under your own power. Don't blame others for your failures.

~S

From what I read you live in Hawaii. Hawaii is part of the United States of America. In the United States of America it is mandatory they send out a "license renewal notice". They also do this every year for registration on your cars. Every 6 months with your car insurance, even the school my kids go to have a random generating calling system that lets you know when they have events going on. Also my electric company, water company and gas company (should I forget to pay a bill on time) sends me a reminder that its past due.

I hope this shows you the point, but.. life is full of outside reminders about things. To expect it in a game isn't really much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    this has absolutely nothing to do with a drivers license and no i can't be assed to run in window mode or check forums jerk...as i said i shouldn't have to. i wonder if pw provides you with a new set of knee pads everytime you kiss their ****? It is their job to let us know not my job to find out! Is that clear enough for you? or do i need to paint you a picture?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    this has absolutely nothing to do with a drivers license and no i can't be assed to run in window mode or check forums jerk...as i said i shouldn't have to. i wonder if pw provides you with a new set of knee pads everytime you kiss their ****? It is their job to let us know not my job to find out! Is that clear enough for you? or do i need to paint you a picture?

The point is...LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS THAT CONVENIENT! STFU OR GTFO, EITHER WAY QUIT THE QQ! b:angry
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    and you are? if you aren't happy you can log off as for me i'll continue here until pw says i can't
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You know.. maintenance has always been on Tuesdays or Wednesday. If you can't bother to even check the forum once or twice a week, then maybe you should just quit and save yourself the headache.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    From what I read you live in Hawaii. Hawaii is part of the United States of America. In the United States of America it is mandatory they send out a "license renewal notice". They also do this every year for registration on your cars. Every 6 months with your car insurance, even the school my kids go to have a random generating calling system that lets you know when they have events going on. Also my electric company, water company and gas company (should I forget to pay a bill on time) sends me a reminder that its past due.

I hope this shows you the point, but.. life is full of outside reminders about things. To expect it in a game isn't really much.

You would be wrong then.

My license is up for renewal this month. No mails saying as much. Guess what? It is MY responsibility to get it renewed. I can't say to a cop "but they never told me I needed to renew it" That argument doesn't work. It is my responsibility to know when things are due, when things are up for renewal etc. So no, it is not 'mandatory' that they send out any notice.

My car registration.. guess what... it's up next month. No notice. It is again, my responsibility to be aware of when things in my life need to be taken care of.

Granted, the mail system here in Hawaii is known for losing things. But... You seem to think that it is the governments job to tell you when you need to do things. Sheeple much? I don't need or require the government to tell me when things need doing. I keep aware of them myself. It is MY responsibility to do so, not the governments.

Again let me iterate the simple fact. If something gets sent, but never makes it to me (mail gets lost, delayed, misrouted etc) The government is not going to buy 'I never got a notice'. They are going to tell me "It was your responsibility to know, not ours to tell you".

Stop trying to make others responsible for your life. Take responsibility for yourself, your actions and your own needs and requirements. You would be surprised at how easy it really is.

~Saitada
    edited October 2009
    Options
    and you are? if you aren't happy you can log off as for me i'll continue here until pw says i can't

Well, obviously, I'm someone that's smart enough to USE an information source so I don't get **** up the **** when it's time for **** to hit the fan. And you? Someone who's bitching and moaning about something YOU should have done YOURSELF is telling ME to log off? Get the hell over yourself you ignorant, self absorbed child.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

Stupid much? It was an example. I guess that slipped passed you. If you can't be assed to do something to help yourself, then I guess your a pathetic sorry assed piece of offal that will go through life crying because 'nobody told me what to think, do or say, someone please tell me what to think, do or say because I am too pathetic to do it for myself'.

Knee pads? Sorry that was pretty pathetic even for you. I'm not kissing anyones **** you moron, i'm telling you to take responsibility for yourself and your actions and to use sources of knowledge that are at your finger tips instead of crying because nobody held your little baby hands for you so you wouldn't have to think or do for yourself. Your Pathetic, Disgusting, and Hopeless, and will probably always be Pathetic, Disgusting and Hopeless. You don't want to help yourself because 'you can't be assed to take responsibility for yourself'.

I'm done with you. You show your failure at life with every breath.

~Saitada
This discussion has been closed.