Server Maintenance COMPLETE!!!

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Once again it's that time....

Maintenance will be taking place tonight from:

10:00pm PDT until 12:00am PDT

As always, any updates on maintenance status will be made in this thread, and we'll see you soon! b:victory
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Patch Version 203
    Released October 27, 2009

Bug Fixes:
    Fixed the "no audio" issue with Cube of Fate rooms 7 and 27.

Localization:
    Implemented various localization for the upcoming Rising Tide expansion.

b:surrender
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is 10pm the new regular time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    It seems to be nowadays, however it could change in the future.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    It seems to be nowadays, however it could change in the future.

b:sweat

I guess we wait and see b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Why does it seem like nothing really ever gets done in these maintenance sessions? Why can't it be on Mondays or Thursdays, to avoid conflicting with the weekly events on tuesday/wednesday nights.
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Woot! We finally getting the waffle flyers we've been waiting for? b:laugh
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Why does it seem like nothing really ever gets done in these maintenance sessions? Why can't it be on Mondays or Thursdays, to avoid conflicting with the weekly events on tuesday/wednesday nights.

I have voiced this concern but we have a lot of coordination to do with a lot of people so we have to go with the time that works for each party involved.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I have voiced this concern but we have a lot of coordination to do with a lot of people so we have to go with the time that works for each party involved.

I will bring it up also, since the QQ will be here in due order.

Room 27
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    am i allowed to list my concerns? <_<

*edit* im still looking for 1 update that doesn't add a bug ._.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    am i allowed to list my concerns? <_<

By that I assume listing bugs that our QA team is already aware of and has reported? I don't really see the point, and it will just lead to more complaint posts.

The thing is, it's not that we mind the complaints, but then maintenance comes and when something is fixed there is no "thank you" or "we appreciate it", just "why didn't you fix this? and this?"

See what I mean?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    By that I assume listing bugs that our QA team is already aware of and has reported? I don't really see the point, and it will just lead to more complaint posts.

The thing is, it's not that we mind the complaints, but then maintenance comes and when something is fixed there is no "thank you" or "we appreciate it", just "why didn't you fix this? and this?"

See what I mean?

true, but i havent really seen anything major fixed lately <_<

But in the point u make, when theres an update that adds a bug, why should we thank people when/if it gets fixed? I mean its like superman laser-eyeing a plane to make it crash, just to catch it before it crashes, then expecting thank-you letters.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009

See what I mean?

1) I have seen some "thank you" posts, but they usually end up closed. I know there is good reason for it but you all have gotten some good kudo's (less then you all should imo because the Dev's/Company overall do make it hard with you being on the Front Line).

2) There will always be people complaining about something. This is the way it goes when you work with Customer Service.

Now.....here is the thing: the MAIN issue many people have is that SOME "things" get added or tweaked when "things" that have been issues for months and months are never touched. And if anyone knows coding, a few of these things could most likely be fixed relatively easy. I use Room 27 as an example. 3 weeks I think it is? I have no issues with that room and can pass everytime, but for those that cannot b:surrender
    But in the point u make, when theres an update that adds a bug, why should we thank people when/if it gets fixed? I mean its like superman laser-eyeing a plane to make it crash, just to catch it before it crashes, then expecting thank-you letters.

LOL...Bob your analogies are getting more epic. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    1) I have seen some "thank you" posts, but they usually end up closed. I know there is good reason for it but you all have gotten some good kudo's (less then you all should imo because the Dev's/Company overall do make it hard with you being on the Front Line).

2) There will always be people complaining about something. This is the way it goes when you work with Customer Service.

Now.....here is the thing: the MAIN issue many people have is that SOME "things" get added or tweaked when "things" that have been issues for months and months are never touched. And if anyone knows coding, a few of these things could most likely be fixed relatively easy. I use Room 27 as an example. 3 weeks I think it is? I have no issues with that room and can pass everytime, but for those that cannot b:surrender
    Remember one of those 3 weeks we didn't have maintenance, so this is the second normal (the daylight savings one was just a restart) maintenance we'll be having since the bug popped up.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    true, but i havent really seen anything major fixed lately <_<

Lets leave superman out of this, he's amazing!!!!!!!!!b:victory

But I see your point..

Suggestion:: Can you guys start advertising IN GAME like once every 3 hours as soon as u know maintenance is happening? That way ppl are more aware? Because that seems to be a complaint a lot. That people don't realize its happening. I would say well.. its on the same day so they should know, but you guys are changing the maintenance day so much anymore no one actually knows what day of the week its going to be on!

Any chance you can get that implemented Spoons? Wouldn't be difficult to add in to all the other lovely Press the O button boutique spams!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Remember one of those 3 weeks we didn't have maintenance, so this is the second normal (the daylight savings one was just a restart) maintenance we'll be having since the bug popped up.

Yes, I am well aware of that. It was an example. I did not want to "bring up" more touchy issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver
    SmexyGuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hi spoons...

im not sure this is the right thread to post this...
    will u fix the minimize and maximize PWI problem...
    its like if the game is in Full screen mode, and u press alt+tab to see something in browser.. u cant open up the game again...
    it will just tab at the bottom with (not responding) on it...

but if u put it in window mode... it can be minimize and maximize again anytime u want...

hope it will be fix... b:victory

p/s my apologize if this is wrong thread.. and i dont mind u move it to somewhere else...
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lets leave superman out of this, he's amazing!!!!!!!!!b:victory

But I see your point..

Suggestion:: Can you guys start advertising IN GAME like once every 3 hours as soon as u know maintenance is happening? That way ppl are more aware? Because that seems to be a complaint a lot. That people don't realize its happening. I would say well.. its on the same day so they should know, but you guys are changing the maintenance day so much anymore no one actually knows what day of the week its going to be on!

Any chance you can get that implemented Spoons? Wouldn't be difficult to add in to all the other lovely Press the O button boutique spams!

how can u not know it happens every week at nearly the same time
    and the post about maint is up there at about 10am
    its there own fault ...or stupidity if they dont see it coming
  • Sinister - Heavens Tear
    Sinister - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    how about just advertising in game every few hours that theres a maitenance tonight since theres a bunch of people who cant read or who are unwilling to check the forums on a regular basis.

By the way im not one of those people
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    how about just advertising in game every few hours that theres a maitenance tonight since theres a bunch of people who cant read or who are unwilling to check the forums on a regular basis.

That is why I World Chat it.

Out of Boredom and because I can be nice on my good days b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Trife - Sanctuary
    Trife - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is there any chance you can get them to make the time something like 10:05 pm instead of 10:00 pm? The timing of the shutdown really makes it hard for those in City of Abominations as we have so little time to get to the NPC and then exchange the drops for the items.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Is there any chance you can get them to make the time something like 10:05 pm instead of 10:00 pm? The timing of the shutdown really makes it hard for those in City of Abominations as we have so little time to get to the NPC and then exchange the drops for the items.

Abominations is on Wednesday nights. (And these seem to be rarer)

Tuesdays it Dragon Temple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009

it really isnt that hard to figure out and i really dont think u should expect GMs to make a speciall effort just cuz ur to damn lazy to read there post
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    x-fire winners :P?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    it really isnt that hard to figure out and i really dont think u should expect GMs to make a speciall effort just cuz ur to damn lazy to read there post

It is not even that. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday = Be prepared for Maintenance b:surrender

If not on Mon. --> Tuesday and so on.

It is word of mouth really. Most people know at least an hour before. Although if they start something....ouch!

The point is, it can be fairly predictable....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009

If you had read my post corrctly you would have noticed that i am not one of those people. It would have been more proper to say "If THEY'RE to darn lazy"
    wouldnt have been to hard to reply with the correct term. I may not post alot but I read the forums everyday. b:victory
    edited October 2009
    It is not even that. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday = Be prepared for Maintenance b:surrender

If not on Mon. --> Tuesday and so on.

It is word of mouth really. Most people know at least an hour before. Although if they start something....ouch!

The point is, it can be fairly predictable....

yes it is ...thats ..kinda my piont ..its almost impossible not to see it coming
    and like that cleric said he doesnt wanan read the post the GMs make just for that reason ...so its his fault he doesnt see it coming. i ussally dont read the forums myself ...and i always know about maint ..so i find it hard to belive u cant figure it out
    edited October 2009
    If you had read my post corrctly you would have noticed that i am not one of those people. It would have been more proper to say "If THEY'RE to darn lazy"
    wouldnt have been to hard to reply with the correct term. I may not post alot but I read the forums everyday. b:victory

so i misread one word the fact that its u or anyone else im talkin about is hardly the piont of my statement
    edited October 2009
    so i misread one word the fact that its u or anyone else im talkin about is hardly the piont of my statement

One word makes all the difference in the world when you're making a declarative statement.
    edited October 2009
    One word makes all the difference in the world when you're making a declarative statement.

but not that word.....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....I think that this is "small argument" day on the forums b:surrender

People going on and on and on..........

To the above...he ADMITTED misreading

/end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]