Guide to Rebirth Guides

Options
Kannone - Heavens Tear
Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Alright, if you have written a guide to a Rebirth instance, or you know of one that's not already here, please leave a link & I'll add it to the list.

GM Spoons deserves a special thanks for the sticky, and thanks to everyone who took their time to write guides for these awesome rebirth instances.

:Alpha

Rebirth Alpha w/ Rainbow Squad by Sanctuary's Duke_Atticus

Rebirth Alpha From a Wizard's Eyes by Harshland's Cholla

Rebirth Alpha Specific Guide By Sanctuary's Indigo_Sky

Guide: Rebirth Alpha Tactics imported from Russian server's forums.

:Beta

:Gamma

Cheap and Dirty Rebirth Guide (Beta & Gamma) Heavens Tear's KannonE

How to Complete Rebirth 100% of the time easy and cheap by Harshland's Hippie

[Guide for Gamma] posted by anonymous.

How to Tank Rebirth Order Gamma by Sanctuary's Budika.

Rebirth Gamma 71-85 Guide by Lost City's SkullCrusher

Cryxtal's Guide to Grind/Zhen/Gamma By Sanctuary's Cryxtal (scroll to post #2 for the rebirth section)

Fast, Easy, and Little Rb Gamma Guide only for Venos By Heavens Tear's _Leiian_

:Gamma video guides

Rebirth Order (Godless Valley Tutorial) By Harshland's YaZoo

Rebirth Gamma help video by Dreamweaver's Jonnykins

:Delta

[Rebirth Delta] By Lost City's Llama

A BM's Updated Guide to Rebirth Delta By Dreamweaver's Slivaf

Rebirth Delta Guide Reborn By Sanctuary's SylenThunder

:Miscellaneous Guides (related to Rebirth of course)
Post edited by Kannone - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone on Dreamweaver!

I am a level 0 character now!!

b:victory

oops...

KannonRAWR
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Actually... I am a non-level 0 character on harshlands. I do not really play on dreamweaver.

b:shocked

I missed the hint lolz b:cute. Got it fixed now though.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wednesday morning bump for sticky-status b:victory
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wednesday morning bump for sticky-status b:victory

Try PMing spoons, that's what I did. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't see an issue with stickying this, keep it updated and I'll keep it stickied b:victory
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

:Delta

[Rebirth Delta] Author unknown, posted here courtesy of Lost City's Maiya

mm.. just fyi. that guide is by Llama of Lost City.

Good guide overall~
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    mm.. just fyi. that guide is by Llama of Lost City.

Good guide overall~

Thanks, I just corrected that.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yay information~! me like how it's all in one place now.
    =D

activate phase 2.3 of me ebil plan.
    (>.<)
    b:chuckle

and hooray for sticky.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilsera
    lilsera Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi,

I have written a guide upon completion of Rebirth Alpha.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5579232#post5579232

Thank you in advance for including it in your list.

Indigo_Sky, Sanctuary server
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lilsera wrote: »
    Hi,

I have written a guide upon completion of Rebirth Alpha.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5579232#post5579232

Thank you in advance for including it in your list.

Indigo_Sky, Sanctuary server

Awsesome dude, I just updated this thread & left some candy on your guide b:cute
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updates:
    ♣ Added 1 new Rebirth: GV guide
    ♣ Added section for video guides (gamma guide section was getting clustered)
    ♣ Bumped this thread to the top of the sticky section... where it belongs b:mischievousb:cool
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh btw, cheers for putting my vid in the stickyb:victory
  • Cheetoz - Harshlands
    Cheetoz - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so ah yah how are you suppose to do rebirth orders with psy and sins?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Does RBing bring lots of coin?I don't exaclty have this build though.

CLERIC (lvl 49)

STATS:
    Vit- 34
    Str-63 (with gear)
    Dex-47
    Mgq-137 (with gear)

PDef- (unbuffed)1356
    EDef- (unbuffed)1530-1780
    Unbuffed Hitpoints-1360
    Magic Attack-1154-1177
    Weapon: Spiritcooler wand

Why all the dex unless it is an LA?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • saimkouk
    saimkouk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow alot of stong peeps
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some updates:
    ♣ New rebirth gamma guide added: see _Leiian_'s guide for WFs here

♣ Color theme & fonts changed for the guide b:victory
  • DENS - Heavens Tear
    DENS - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so ah yah how are you suppose to do rebirth orders with psy and sins?
    Yea i also wanted to know whts a Sin's Job in Rebirth?
    Physics can spam aoe's so can do wiz and archer's job
    but wht abt sins b:surrender
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hello.

Could you add this guide by our squad:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=726062

Thanks.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just added a new Delta guide (more or less for BMs), post a link here if you want to see others added.

b:kissb:bye
  • dark7777777
    dark7777777 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Any info on how or what a Seeker needs to do?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Any info on how or what a Seeker needs to do?

I recently re-wrote a Rebirth Delta Guide that includes information on the new classes.
    A seekers role is pretty much the same as the wizard, but nicer because you have a lot more Pdef.

Kannone, could you add this one to your list please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    :$ I am honored to have my post mentioned in not 1 but 2 different threads, thank you to all those who have mentioned it/used it as a guide to teach their bm friends, or perhaps any one else interested that might have found a some of that info useful. xD

By the way it's been long overdue but I did edit my post slightly with some updated info, albeit few would find use for it, since most full deltas are now at the spawn point.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I recently re-wrote a Rebirth Delta Guide that includes information on the new classes.
    A seekers role is pretty much the same as the wizard, but nicer because you have a lot more Pdef.

Kannone, could you add this one to your list please?

You got it bud, nice work.

Also, a bump for the great guides that have been posted by members of the community. It's worth mentioning that the lack of new guides isn't due to player indifference, but rather is a testament to the quality of those made by early players who took the time to "do it right."

Also... this is a great instance, I think it's the only PvE instance anywhere that can be done over and over for funs & digital-type rewards.

b:victory
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I keep reading that spawn points are a faster way to do full delta, are the waves coming on a fixed schedule or does finishing one wave start the next? Because its always seemed to me that its on a fixed schedule so SP being an hour faster than normal delta doesn't make sense to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Moved that to a sticky to deal with the necro.

As for your question, the mobs and bosses spawn once the prior wave/boss has been killed. Spawn Point saves a bit of time via having the mobs right there instead of waiting for them to run down to you but it's also much more difficult depending on your gear and skill with your class.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    First thing I learned on this forum was the sticky guides suck. The game is evolving and people keep learning. There are some things about guides that just plain suck too. One is the constant support of the use of coin shop perishables: "Do not forget to equip your blessings!!!" Invest in equips, and skills instead.
    Psychic, Mystic: You will be DDing as much as you can. Mystics, avoid using your AoE skill as the seal with it will make the mobs run out of the AoE of the Seeker/Wiz.
    Genie Suggestions: Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection

I'm gonna start kicking Mystics that don't AoE. Gale Force protects weaker tanks, Befuddling Creeper gets stuff killed faster, and Storm Mistress w/ AoE is much better than devil. Sage Vortex, or Sage Gale Force resolves any issue of mobs going out of AoE, and the trip outside doesn't last long enough to have a negative effect unless the Mystic is pathetic.

Given that Mystics have Verdant Shell, Verdant Blessing, Nature's Barrier, are free to heal, etc: they have little use for Absolute Domain or ToP. Absolute Domain doesn't even work for Nature's Barrier like it does for Venos Feral Concentration.
    Venomancer: You will have to time your AOE seal (Parasitic Nova) when the mobs first come in, usually good to cast it right after the BM HFs. During stages 3-5 your primary focus should be to amp the Increased Live mobs and use Myriad fox form as much as possible. (If you do not have Myriad Fox form, go get it immediately.) Starting with Stage 6 you will be casting Myriad Fox form, Parasitic Nova, and Noxious Gas like crazy.
    Your other primary job is to get the bosses before they reach the zhens on wave 5. So follow the barb out on those waves and tank the boss with your herc well out of range.

Nova is one of the worst skills to start with, and should be sinked with whatever the BM (HF) or Sin (SS) is doing. Starting with Noxious; you'll have it cd'd in time to do again after Nova giving you 3 mage aoes in a row. Another possible combo would be Noxious, fox myriad, befuddling mist, noxious, nova, noxious etc. Amping increased live mobs would be stupid especially if there's a struggling tank. Getting the numbers down first should be priority.

Tank boss with herc? -lol
    Wizard: If there isnt a seeker in the squad, you will pretty much be casting DB the whole time. Be sure to carry a low level weapon (like level 34 or something) so that you dont get aggro on all the mobs at once. The barb should be holding aggro from you and the BM should be stunning the mobs to brevent any you aggro from hitting you too much.
    If theres a seeker in the squad, you will be playing the DD role while they Vortex. Every wave you will start off with a mountain. Just spam your ultis and dont die. Mix in hailstorm and knock back mobs off the archer as needed, but make sure its in straight lines and try not to knock back around a roar or alpha male.
    Genie Suggestions: Tree of Protection, Absolute Domain, Holy Path, Expel

If there isn't a seeker; you may be better off NOT casting DB the whole time. If you're using a level 34 weapon in delta: you should be kicked from the squad as you'll be practically useless. Barbs are far from necessary, and a Sage Wizard should hold aggro. BM stuns are a stupid waste of time there: they should be dd'ing to get the number of mobs hitting you down. Why would you suggest Expel to a wiz then suggest BM stun on top of it?
    Cleric: You will be in blue ball almost the entire time. Your primary role is to announce the waves and to keep track of the timer. You also will be solo-holding the fake bosses from the first two waves while the rest of the squad farms beans so have some HP food handy. BBing is kinda boring and youll have a tendency to babble on and lose focus. Please dont do this on the Stun waves.
    Genie Suggestions: Absolute Domain, Extreme Poison, Tangling Mire, Pheonix Dance, Badge of Courage, Holy Path, Expel (I typically carry two genies.)

Better to let Mystic heal with herbs on last group of wave 3 and dd instead.
    BladeMaster: You have to have axes, with all the axe skills maxed for RB to go well. (If youre a solid fist BM and dont have the AoE stun ability that comes with axes, dont bother doing Delta because the Wizard will hate you and the run has a high chance of failure.)
    Your primary duty is to stun when each wave is brought in and dragon the mobs. Its also a good idea to get a spear for knocking certain mobs in and learning the spear ulti. This is great because you will be getting fed chi the whole run. So you can double ulti with ease and make the runs much smoother. Do not leave blue ball range.
    Read This Guide for good tips on the BM role.
    Genie Suggestions: Alpha Male, Tree of Protection, Badge of Courage.

What is that AoE axe stun skill? And no: I get pissed when a bm chases ranged mobs around or stuns instead of dds. Suppose that veno you told to use nova first does, but the mobs are merely stunned instead of HF'd. Suppose that Mystic gets tired of waiting for HF and does their Lucky Break + Gale Force combo during that worthless stun. What is dragon, and why are you writing a guide if you don't know the class or skills?

Alpha Male is almost worthless. It strips veno's reflect buff (which helps hold aggro), resets mobs aggro w/o adding significant aggro to it. If a toon needs to lose aggro: let them choose to do it. Dying there is an aggro reset on just the dearly departed one.
    Barbarian: You are the meat shield. This is extremely important. If you fail here the RB party will not go well. Your job is to group the mobs up for sharptooth and bring them in grouped up. You also need to know when to roar, this is something you need to learn yourself.
    Genie suggestions: Tree of Protection, Solid Shield, Alpha Male, Cloud Eruption

I hate the barbs that stick to this advice. You're not going to hold aggro on a sage db wiz; so give it up already! You're also not doing the wiz a favor by rounding up mobs, but you are risking dying and killing the wiz causing fail. Barbs need to learn support: Frighten! Pulls are not necessary, and they put extra strain on anyone getting aggro. They also delay the start of dd'ing. I gotta say though, this is the first time I've read a somewhat rational explanation from someone else for why pulls are used, but I don't think STA is worth it.
    Assasin: You can do the runs with the BM to get beans faster initially. Bloodpaint FTW! And afterwards just DD as much as you can. Try to focus on Increased Life or Increased Defense mobs.
    Genie Suggestions: Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection

Ignore the Increased defense mobs if you have sufficient mag dd's in squad. Let ranged dd's get ranged mobs instead of chasing them and making them scatter. Focus on the main group of mobs that are melee'ing any AA tank to help kill the bulk off fast. Those ranged mobs don't hit hard and die fast to ranged aoe dds.

-Just some quick examples of poor advice from a single guide.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    First thing I learned on this forum was the sticky guides suck. The game is evolving and people keep learning. There are some things about guides that just plain suck too. One is the constant support of the use of coin shop perishables: "Do not forget to equip your blessings!!!" Invest in equips, and skills instead.

I just want to point out that this thread constitutes a collection of guides and is not a "how-to" in and of itself... I would think you're probably better served by posting in the actual guide.

Anyone who has a link to a guide not already listed here is, of course, king, or queen b:cute, for a day in exchange for sharing said link with the community, and I have been pretty decent about updating this thread.

Thanks again PWI, Happy Thursday. b:bye
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I just want to point out that this thread constitutes a collection of guides and is not a "how-to" in and of itself... I would think you're probably better served by posting in the actual guide.

Anyone who has a link to a guide not already listed here is, of course, king, or queen b:cute, for a day in exchange for sharing said link with the community, and I have been pretty decent about updating this thread.

Thanks again PWI, Happy Thursday. b:bye

Dude, I tried doing that and Kossy moved my question to this thread. Since this is how the mods are doing it don't blame the people asking questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the beta guide f:sleep
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think you'll be waiting a very long time. People don't even run delta anymore except for BH and culti, and in these days of speed leveling, you're not going to find many people willing to stick around level 6x and learn how to do beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga