Learn to purify

Options
13»

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh I don't do that all the time -- only when it works. If I see a barb is getting hammered on, say, polearm, when I'm doing solo cleric and had to puri, I don't do IH's, but throw a stream and then IH when there's time for those stacks to begin taking effect and work. Maybe I should have clarified, but if anything I was just reinforcing the view that barbs cannot avoid having their charm ticked in every case. I <3 stream though -- can pull a barb from near dead to max in 3 hits, and with only a second or two cooldown it's an **** saver.

Yeah, Stream is GREATLY under-rated....MUCH better at the higher levels though, not so much at lower.

But Stream, like you said (especially when you know the timing and the barb) can be an epic life saver.

Stream Level 11= 1800hp + 60% base Mag + 1800hp over 15 sec b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SilentWisp - Heavens Tear
    SilentWisp - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ugh, this is why I solo Drake for BH, other clerics don't know how to purify. And healing/purifying someone else is a waste of time when I can solo Drake himself in 8~12 minutes depending on my crit luck.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dunno about purifying right away on drake. If the FB boss does a DoT, my IB stacks still kept tanks at full health bar. So purifying then would be useless, other than reducing over-all healing. After the 2nd or 3rd, the health on the tank would begin to drop, and then I'd hit purify. Existing heal stacks would bring it to max as I set another full stack of heals. Usually only the debuff bosses needed purifies right away.

Though it's weird hearing about Krimson. We tried doing it with purify in the early days of the server, and the sheer spam of debuffs pretty much killed that. And drawing in the clerics to cast it usually made bad things happen. Finally told the other cleric not to use Purify, just spam IB with me. After they stopped complaining, we did it that way and the tank made it through just fine without needing a charm. It was before the advent of high levels running bosses, so not sure how it isn't working without purify nowadays.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Though it's weird hearing about Krimson. We tried doing it with purify in the early days of the server, and the sheer spam of debuffs pretty much killed that. And drawing in the clerics to cast it usually made bad things happen. Finally told the other cleric not to use Purify, just spam IB with me. After they stopped complaining, we did it that way and the tank made it through just fine without needing a charm. It was before the advent of high levels running bosses, so not sure how it isn't working without purify nowadays.

Simple. Not everyone goes at Krim with more than one Cleric, making Purify absolutely vital to have leveled. Not only for the faster cooldown, but for the added range too. Those precious few seconds spent repositioning and not healing REALLY start to count when Krim starts spiking high and the tank begins seeing successive 3-4k hits rack up. This is all made even worse by the fact that Krim runs like a little *BLEEP* and you're probably going to be moving around a bit anyways.

With more than 1 Cleric, it's simple enough for both to spam Iron and outheal that damage output (or it better be...if not something's drastically wrong), thus negating the need for purify in that instance.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    making Purify absolutely vital to have leveled.

This wasn't done with it over-leveled, and this was before higher levels were there. The problem was, there wasn't spare SP to max Purify to lvl while having buffs/IB/main 2 attack skills leveled up. That was the main problem with Purify pulling clerics into range. For the first gen, pretty much all the things able to be done solo healer, required dual healers. There wasn't the already made molds and TT gear out there to do otherwise.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oooooooh. You're talking about the good old days, when people had to walk FIFTEEN miles uphill in the snow wearing NPC gear (or items handcrafted with luv and a lot of luck) to pass in their quests. And they LIKED IT TOO!

Sorry. This young whippersnapper wasn't even around back then...so I totally neglected that concept of how that would have worked and why. My bad. b:laugh
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Those days aren't too far gone. I started out that way with my main. I have control of the faction she was in previously and still follow the old tradition of handing down gear and keeping it in faction. b:victory Some of it's pretty nice too. Some of that "crafted with love" stuff turned out better than most other armors I could hope to get. Never underestimate the power of love. b:chuckle
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry. This young whippersnapper wasn't even around back then...so I totally neglected that concept of how that would have worked and why. My bad. b:laugh

3rd person on Sanc server to hit lvl 82, only the Mistis kept ahead of me. And that is counting that I kept getting pulled from grinding to help guildies and friends on their quest. Some of us actually made alts, so everyone else could catch up and we wouldn't have to wait over a month to quest on our main. But then again, a young'in like you prolly doesn't even have an anniversary mount so wasn't around back then. Ahhh irony.

• Sweetangle - Lost City
    Sweetangle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:surrenderI just got my purifty lvled up to 2. I am only a lvl 35 so every time i am healing who ever right now i am watching for the debuff boxes or what ever they r called i do watch for them. But think you for remining me. thats 1 of the thing i was trying to ask about, and forgot to ask b:victory