Learn to purify

Comments

• Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary
    Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it isnt that hard healing on fb 69.. i can healwise solo it easely, but mostly someone else gets agro because the barb cant keep it when i go in.. but i guess thats another story
  • Xuan_cac - Sanctuary
    Xuan_cac - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Some don't even pay attention, period, thinking that BB or clipping the heal key down = excuse to AFK.

how do u clip a heal button down?
    I'm looking throught eh glass,don't know how much time has passed..oh god it feeels like forver. don't know how to telll you ...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    how do u clip a heal button down?

1. Get heavy object
    2. Put it on top of heal shortcut
    3. ????
    4. Profit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sweetangle - Lost City
    Sweetangle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sadI got a lvl 81 veno. Now I am makeing a Cleric and she is lvl 28, And I asked outher Clerics how i should make her but every 1 says something differnt so i am all messed up. I NEED HELP!!! I dont want __Aris__ to be fail.b:cry
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Start with a good question and we'll work from there. What did you do "wrong" first?
  • Sweetangle - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Ok I am putting most of my points in mag,and the rest in just for eqment and wpn. I did not know if I need more in vit and dex. I am going arcane. Do I only lvl up plume shot and buffs? When you heal for a tank whats the best thang to use?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    You don't need dex at all. You can add Vit if you want better survivability. So, right now your build looks great.

If you're going to be purely for support you want your buffs maxed and have squad buffs along with maxed out Ironheart and a decently leveled Wellspring. Ress you can keep leveled as you like, people will complain if it's a low level though. Your best fighting skills are Plumeshot and Great Cyclone so try to keep those up to date if you can. Hm, for the rest, you will want BB at L59 and maybe RB (red ball). Then it's up to you what skills you get and max out next. I'm not quite an expert here yet. My knowledge of Clerics is still growing.

For spam healing on a tank, it's best to use Ironheart.
  • Sweetangle - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Thank You so much!! I will do just that Sevas .b:victoryb:cute
  • Sturym - Heavens Tear
    Sturym - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One of the things Sevas didn't mention, but has been a huge topic here was Purify. Like most said, you don't have to max it, but learn it a few levels, since it will be a huge handy tool when that tank gets debuffed up the ying-yang and his health drops faster than you can heal.
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My Purify lvl is 8 and I've no trouble Solo healing any FB. If you get a bad Cleric just remember that it's the player. Not all Clerics will be bad at Purifying.

Why just earlier today I solo heal a BH69 all the way through. Tank's HP never fell below 80%. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombeer
    zombeer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sadI got a lvl 81 veno. Now I am makeing a Cleric and she is lvl 28, And I asked outher Clerics how i should make her but every 1 says something differnt so i am all messed up. I NEED HELP!!! I dont want __Aris__ to be fail.b:cry

u'll find ur right build just playing ur character..it has kinda to match urself, so other ppl cant help with that.. i tried to follow some advices once..
    did a restat to get more vit..started to play and found out i didnt like it..then i switched back to my original pure magical path..and thats how things are still going ^^
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    One of the things Sevas didn't mention, but has been a huge topic here was Purify. Like most said, you don't have to max it, but learn it a few levels, since it will be a huge handy tool when that tank gets debuffed up the ying-yang and his health drops faster than you can heal.

Very true. I was tanking Krimson once with my friend's barb and when it debuffed it was hitting his character for 5k+ each time. I got mad at the cleric for not purifying or healing at all because the barb in question has over 20k HP so a tick on that charm is a major pain.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Very true. I was tanking Krimson once with my friend's barb and when it debuffed it was hitting his character for 5k+ each time. I got mad at the cleric for not purifying or healing at all because the barb in question has over 20k HP so a tick on that charm is a major pain.

This personally irritates me, tell the barb not wear charms if he does not want to tick them.
    And i had a cleric also once who just stood there doing nothing grrr lazy ppl.

Tho Krimson can pew pew his debuffs very fast, even if you have lv10 purify its a pain >.<
    b:dirty
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    This personally irritates me, tell the barb not wear charms if he does not want to tick them.

Are you completely noob? I was using his barb and it was making me mad because the cleric wasn't doing diddly to support. It's the cleric's job to support, as a class, if they go FAC they can still support but it's not their priority. To lose 10-20k on Gold HP is utter bogus. Don't ever tell a tank not to wear a charm. So help me god all the times I've clerics and squad members complain that the barb DIDN'T have an HP charm.

An HP charm is to Barb as MP charm is to Cleric. Utter BS Nel. Never say that again. Unless you get an absolutely godly barb that can play his/her char with their toes and their eyes closed, barbs are supposed to wear HP charms like clerics are supposed to wear MP charms. And you can't very well unequip a charm once it's on.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    barbs are supposed to wear HP charms like clerics are supposed to wear MP charms.

Except clerics have the option of using apoth pots or at the moment MP food. I've never used a charm beyond the emerald ones in supply stash and I've been fine.

I don't always find it necessary for a barb to have a charm, even on BH69.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    A majority of the higher leveled players on the HT server have one charm, the other, or both. Barbs and BMs generally wear both, sometimes only HP ones. As a Veno, I only wear an HP one, I'm never concerned with mana and never Soul. Most clerics I know wear both charms because 1. they squish and 2. they eat mana like no tomorrow (especially if they have to put up BB a lot or use RB). Most wizzies will wear MP, but some do wear HP. Archers wear both, I think, I don't get to squad many archers. They're kinda scarce, like Wizzies.

Of course, I'm in a TW faction and charms are required just for battling. Most wear them through the week because it fits their grind style and it's needed for dungeons. Not everyone has a pro-leveled apothecary or pick the mats to have someone make them items. Yes, there's stuff out there that can replace the MP charm but it's going to either cost a player money or time or both. (And yes, there was a time when buying the jiaozi was cheaper than getting an MP charm.)

It's near impossible to get into a squad without a charm and if you can't afford them you've probably put the time into farming for quick mana regens like Soothing Orb or Arctic Orb. You're less likely to get into a squad, get a full squad, or get a "good" squad if you don't have charms. That's just that it is (or how I've seen it). Of course, that also depends on the people you're going with (i.e. faction) and whether or not they're your friends.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    While that may be an active issue on your server, I can honestly say lack of MP charm has never lead to issues regarding finding a squad for various things. Maybe I'm just lucky...but most of the people I've worked with are more concerned about getting into the instance and getting the hell out as fast as possible OR just glad to find a Cleric after wasting a bunch of teles shouting their lungs out. As long as I'm doing my part to keep 'em alive, everyone's happy. b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    While that may be an active issue on your server, I can honestly say lack of MP charm has never lead to issues regarding finding a squad for various things. Maybe I'm just lucky...but most of the people I've worked with are more concerned about getting into the instance and getting the hell out as fast as possible OR just glad to find a Cleric after wasting a bunch of teles shouting their lungs out. As long as I'm doing my part to keep 'em alive, everyone's happy. b:victory

I agree. I've never had an issue finding a party, and I've never heard anyone ask for me to get a charm, except for RB which I've never done anyway so that doesn't concern me. As long as I know I can cover what I need to cover with pots, the squad doesn't care how I get my MP.

I'm sorry that HT is so charm-dependent b:sad The BH69 I did with an uncharmed level 82 BM tank was fun today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Event foods seem more than enough for BB/RB/spam heal purposes for a cleric. And its cheaper too so.... mana charm is a waste. HP charm for a cleric though, is a party saver.

Barbs need a charm. If something goes bad and cleric can't focus their attention on you for a few seconds and you die = party wipe. I try my best to not let my tank's charm tick but sometimes it is very necessary that they have a charm for backup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Lol Sevas.
    I know one barb that has charms 24/7 other well, dont need them, specially for normal grinding. As for clerics, there is a better way of getting MP now then charms imo....
    Btw you dont need to farm herbs you can buy them and youll end up getting 2xMP or 2xHP for same price then buying a charm.
    I agree charms for PvP and TW are need (thnx god my guild does not TW every week, and i quit Pkin.)

I would love to give you a pointer to show your clerics in guild how to stop being squishy even if they are full mag.....but i wont lol.

yada yada yada, so my barbs in the end are godly...i must say show them this topic, they will be glad ^^
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Event foods seem more than enough for BB/RB/spam heal purposes for a cleric. And its cheaper too so.... mana charm is a waste. HP charm for a cleric though, is a party saver.

Barbs need a charm. If something goes bad and cleric can't focus their attention on you for a few seconds and you die = party wipe. I try my best to not let my tank's charm tick but sometimes it is very necessary that they have a charm for backup.
    This and most of the time when I'm spamming IH I never even have to pot cause my mana Regen restores what I use. I haven't used a MP charm in a long time.

Now HP is a must for a cleric. It gives the party time to realize the clerics being hit and allows for the cleric to react and stack IH on him/herself.

Barb.....I can understand HP charms for PvP things but not really in a FB, BH, or TT. The Cleric should be able to keep his HP up no problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009

It's at times like these that I fall in love all over again with Invoke the Spirit. b:dirty
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One problem people seem to ignore that affects the barbs: charms bind on equipping. So after TWs, they will still have the residual amount of charm left-over. And if they PK, or do the events which allow PvP, they again will be using charms that can't be unequipped.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    One problem people seem to ignore that affects the barbs: charms bind on equipping. So after TWs, they will still have the residual amount of charm left-over. And if they PK, or do the events which allow PvP, they again will be using charms that can't be unequipped.

Cleric MP charms are bound so what?
    You dont see ppl taking care of clerics who use charms....
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's about targeting an opinion properly. Trying to make a complaint with a clueless fact backing it doesn't work for mature discourse. And it went from barb's whining about a tick or two (good argument), to why the barbs even have charms on anyways (kiddie quality argument). It it why so many posts will be ignored or flamed.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This and most of the time when I'm spamming IH I never even have to pot cause my mana Regen restores what I use. I haven't used a MP charm in a long time.

Now HP is a must for a cleric. It gives the party time to realize the clerics being hit and allows for the cleric to react and stack IH on him/herself.

Barb.....I can understand HP charms for PvP things but not really in a FB, BH, or TT. The Cleric should be able to keep his HP up no problem.
    Same. I have not ever equipped an MP charm and I really doubt I'm going to. There is no cleric skills from start to this level that drains your MP in a matter of seconds to facilitate using an MP charm. Regular MP potions are even okay at 70+ (and can hold BB), but I use (and have a huge stock of) herb yuanxiao. The only scenario I can think of where a cleric would ever need an MP charm is if a boss they are facing drains so much MP in a short time and so often that they cannot purify, and I have not yet seen such a thing. For the most part, it's a let-me-be-lazy item where they can just BB and afk or not have to pay attention to their MP and use pots like a normal person. It's also likely a status symbol -- I MP charm therefore I am better than thou. Well, my middle finger is better than thou and if anyone declares I need an MP charm for anything that's exactly what they get.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Same. I have not ever equipped an MP charm and I really doubt I'm going to. There is no cleric skills from start to this level that drains your MP in a matter of seconds to facilitate using an MP charm. Regular MP potions are even okay at 70+ (and can hold BB), but I use (and have a huge stock of) herb yuanxiao. The only scenario I can think of where a cleric would ever need an MP charm is if a boss they are facing drains so much MP in a short time and so often that they cannot purify, and I have not yet seen such a thing. For the most part, it's a let-me-be-lazy item where they can just BB and afk or not have to pay attention to their MP and use pots like a normal person. It's also likely a status symbol -- I MP charm therefore I am better than thou. Well, my middle finger is better than thou and if anyone declares I need an MP charm for anything that's exactly what they get.

Later on, you will encounter Mana draining mobs that literally take you to zero over and over again. b:surrender

In terms of someone saying that a Cleric "should" be able to prevent HP charms from ticking....not all the time. You can do your best and spam heal your combos, but there are just some bosses that no matter what you do, more likely then not their will be a tick (*cough* Warsong *cough*).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited October 2009
    Later on, you will encounter Mana draining mobs that literally take you to zero over and over again. b:surrender

In terms of someone saying that a Cleric "should" be able to prevent HP charms from ticking....not all the time. You can do your best and spam heal your combos, but there are just some bosses that no matter what you do, more likely then not their will be a tick (*cough* Warsong *cough*).
    Indeed. I can hold down my IH key in a state of perpetuity and some boss skill knock a barb's HP down to half (then it slowly climbs back up to max) and constantly. *also looks out for those crazy draining mobs later on* -- can you hint where they are so I don't waste herb on them? b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Indeed. I can hold down my IH key in a state of perpetuity and some boss skill knock a barb's HP down to half (then it slowly climbs back up to max) and constantly.

^ This will not always work, trust me. It is good when 8x but do not rely on this. Even going IH > IH> Well > IH ect....I know that Stream of Rejuv (although crappy at lower levels) will save lives later. Spam a few IH then Stream b:dirty It allows you to catch up. BUT I am just saying that "holding" a button down in later levels will not work. And you have to not only watch the WB, but also watch the entire squad.

When I am in a squad, I am basically looking at the tanks hp on Top of screen and the entire squads hp on the left of my screen just in case.
    *also looks out for those crazy draining mobs later on* -- can you hint where they are so I don't waste herb on them? b:laugh

You will have to encounter some of the mobs for your culti's and other instances. I can tell you that the fb99's and 3-?'s have some mana drain and epic sleep mobs that are just insane but funny at the same time. Sleep is just annoying but the mana drain to Zero b:surrender

Oh and for the record ---> Sage Purify b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited October 2009
    ^ This will not always work, trust me. It is good when 8x but do not rely on this. Even going IH > IH> Well > IH ect....I know that Stream of Rejuv (although crappy at lower levels) will save lives later. Spam a few IH then Stream b:dirty It allows you to catch up. BUT I am just saying that "holding" a button down in later levels will not work. And you have to not only watch the WB, but also watch the entire squad.

When I am in a squad, I am basically looking at the tanks hp on Top of screen and the entire squads hp on the left of my screen just in case.

You will have to encounter some of the mobs for your culti's and other instances. I can tell you that the fb99's and 3-?'s have some mana drain and epic sleep mobs that are just insane but funny at the same time. Sleep is just annoying but the mana drain to Zero b:surrender

Oh and for the record ---> Sage Purify b:dirty
    Oh I don't do that all the time -- only when it works. If I see a barb is getting hammered on, say, polearm, when I'm doing solo cleric and had to puri, I don't do IH's, but throw a stream and then IH when there's time for those stacks to begin taking effect and work. Maybe I should have clarified, but if anything I was just reinforcing the view that barbs cannot avoid having their charm ticked in every case. I <3 stream though -- can pull a barb from near dead to max in 3 hits, and with only a second or two cooldown it's an **** saver.